This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Dopes used to say the same about seat belts.
    I still feel the same about over ear headphones used out doors.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Dopes used to say the same about seat belts.
      Difference in sitting in a car and smoking which not only makes you stink costs a fortune longterm and damages your health.
      People who smoke are not dopes they are full blown mongs.

Comment

Been off the smokes for approx 7 months now with no slips, no way I'd have been able only for the ecigs. Couldn't give one toss what people think how I look tbh.

Sipping a few cold ones here before an annual family booze filled night tomorrow then on the dry until March at least. I don't think I've gone without a drink for more than 2/3 weeks since I was 18.

Happy New year to you all, I enjoy your ramblings.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
          Difference in sitting in a car and smoking which not only makes you stink costs a fortune longterm and damages your health.
          People who smoke are not dopes they are full blown mongs.
          So given the choice, you'd choose to be a full blown mong rather than 'look like' a cunt gimp?
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
            Been off the smokes for approx 7 months now with no slips, no way I'd have been able only for the ecigs. Couldn't give one toss what people think how I look tbh.

Sipping a few cold ones here before an annual family booze filled night tomorrow then on the dry until March at least. I don't think I've gone without a drink for more than 2/3 weeks since I was 18.

Happy New year to you all, I enjoy your ramblings.
            Wp. Yeah, fuck how people think it looks. I've gone from someone who couldn't climb a stairs without being out of breath to someone training for a marathon. While vaping.

It's a Nobel Prize winning invention.

Comment

So given the choice, you'd choose to be a full blown mong rather than 'look like' a cunt gimp?
              Its a personal opinion I think vaping looks daft.
              I think smokers are idiots.
              Half my family are smokers.
              Get the courage willpower to go cold turkey the city is grim enough with vaping shops everywhere been funded by fools.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                I'm basing my knowledge of the spy game purely on novels and movies, but I'd be fairly certain someone becomes rather useless as a spy once it becomes clear they are known as such to the target country.
                Never seemed to bother Bond, er James Bond.
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                  Never seemed to bother Bond, er James Bond.
                  Eh, he has dramatically changed his appearance on 7 occasions now to get around that issue.

Comment

I guess I have the a hatred of smoking ever since as a 10year old I tried drinking a full can of opened 7 up in my sisters room.
                    It was full of cig butts and the smell to this day makes me gag.
                    Both my parents smoked and 3 of my 4 sisters.
                    All of them bar one sister all went cold turkey and while not easy they have done it.

Comment

I guess I have the a hatred of smoking ever since as a 10year old I tried drinking a full can of opened 7 up in my sisters room.
                      It was full of cig butts and the smell to this day makes me gag.
                      Both my parents smoked and 3 of my 4 sisters.
                      All of them bar one sister all went cold turkey and while not easy they have done it.
                      Fair play to them, it's a really tough thing to do. Fair play to you for not ever taking it up. Parents smoking has to be the biggest influence generally for kids taking it up.

My Da smoked and I idolised him. Still does, still do.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                        Very sorry to hear. Something really resonated with me from the original post you put up about saying goodbye to him and led me to give up the smokes nearly 6 weeks ago.
                        Thanks mate. Yeah, it does make you think of your own lifestyle and mortality. Well done on the effort to give up, I hope you are successful. I've been vaping full time for 2 and half years now, no sneaky fags even when pissed. All the physical affects from smoking are gone so I am (probably foolishly) not overly worried of the affects of vaping. I still check to see if there is any new detrimental affects found. If there is I will re-think the vape habit. It's weird though, I have been on and off the fags for 28 years and even went 6 years without smoking but always went back on them. This time feels different, I don't know if it's an age thing but I have absolutely no desire to smoke anymore.

I'm flying to Dublin tomorrow, didn't really want to but the missus and daughter have been there for 11 days already so I kinda have to I suppose. I'm not looking forward to the weather but I am looking forward to seeing family and friends.
                        Might try to get up to JP's one of the nights for a tourney. Haven't played since the last time I was there 16 months ago.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                            Thanks mate. Yeah, it does make you think of your own lifestyle and mortality. Well done on the effort to give up, I hope you are successful. I've been vaping full time for 2 and half years now, no sneaky fags even when pissed. All the physical affects from smoking are gone so I am (probably foolishly) not overly worried of the affects of vaping. I still check to see if there is any new detrimental affects found. If there is I will re-think the vape habit. It's weird though, I have been on and off the fags for 28 years and even went 6 years without smoking but always went back on them. This time feels different, I don't know if it's an age thing but I have absolutely no desire to smoke anymore.
                            Wow! Jesus man, your experience is eerily similar to mine.

2.5 years vaping, went five years off them, and 26 years smoking.

100% agree with everything else you've said too.

Comment

Wow! Jesus man, your experience is eerily similar to mine.

2.5 years vaping, went five years off them, and 26 years smoking.

100% agree with everything else you've said too.
                              Yeah, I remember we both were looking for info about vaping at around the same time, big shout out to Satnav for her info and energy when it comes to vaping. She let me try her vape at a poker tourney a couple of years before but I never really looked into it at that time.

I like to think I pay it forward, I speak to everyone about vaping whether they are smokers or not (because everyone knows smokers that they can help).
                              My sister, 2 brothers in law and 2 brothers have all converted and are doing well.

I just need to follow your lead now and get of my arse, it's not as if I don't have the time and great climate to get it done. New years resolution and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                Yeah, I remember we both were looking for info about vaping at around the same time, big shout out to Satnav for her info and energy when it comes to vaping. She let me try her vape at a poker tourney a couple of years before but I never really looked into it at that time.

I like to think I pay it forward, I speak to everyone about vaping whether they are smokers or not (because everyone knows smokers that they can help).
                                My sister, 2 brothers in law and 2 brothers have all converted and are doing well.

I just need to follow your lead now and get of my arse, it's not as if I don't have the time and great climate to get it done. New years resolution and all that.
                                Do it man. The great thing about running is you're just doing it for yourself. You just run to the best of your physical ability and you get the same payback regardless.

With most activities, sport or otherwise, you usually need to attain a certain base level of skill before you can reap rewards, not so with running, the endorphins flow, from the get go bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                  Have to say no interest. Just stay off them when having a pint.
                                  I had no interest but having failed multiple times at giving them up longterm I decided to give them a go as I really needed to kick them having seen what I have this year. I would have always fallen when having a drink. Michelle is right though ecigs solve this problem completely. The latest ones mean no messing with mods, tanks, drips etc. They are so simple to use and small enough to stick in your pocket.

I bought one of the new 'Joyetech eGo AIO'. 25 quid. Just top it up with juice and replace the coil which are 2 quid about once a week and you are good to go. I couldn't believe how easy it was to transition. I haven't smoked in well over 2 months. I don't even vape that much throughout the day but when having a drink it completely takes away any craving for a smoke.

tbh, after the first couple of weeks smoking and vaping became at least for me completely different things. The weird thing is that it has actually completely put me off smoking in that even the thoughts of a cigarette I now find horrible. I think it was Lazare who said the same on here recently. Maybe it is cause I instantly liked the more juice/sweet flavours than the tobacco ones which I thought were horrible. I wouldn't even consider a cigarette now if I was out and about and ran out of juice. They seem completely removed from one another.

Opr

Comment

Yeah, I remember a year an a half or so ago forgetting my vape on my way to work and cursing myself all day but only later that night noticing that I never thought of bumming a cigarette.

Comment

I'm off them quite a while now.
                                      I was vaping but must have broken about 6 of the fuckers putting them in my pocket and sitting on them within a month or so of quitting. So just went cold turkey
                                      I had this habit just before lauren was born and a little after of smoking when drinking. I'm still at a loss to explain it. Maybe some selfish abdication of responsibility thing. The only issue I have now is the odd (very odd) J. Used to be able to get some non tobacco stuff in the dam but haven't seen it here
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Would love to hear from SP as to whether his opinion has softened at all on the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          I'm off them quite a while now.
                                          I was vaping but must have broken about 6 of the fuckers putting them in my pocket and sitting on them within a month or so of quitting. So just went cold turkey
                                          I had this habit just before lauren was born and a little after of smoking when drinking. I'm still at a loss to explain it. Maybe some selfish abdication of responsibility thing. The only issue I have now is the odd (very odd) J. Used to be able to get some non tobacco stuff in the dam but haven't seen it here
                                          Just use a pipe

Comment

Do it man. The great thing about running is you're just doing it for yourself. You just run to the best of your physical ability and you get the same payback regardless.

With most activities, sport or otherwise, you usually need to attain a certain base level of skill before you can reap rewards, not so with running, the endorphins flow, from the get go bro.
                                            Right on. New running thread right here...

Comment

2.54am 33kms from warsaw not sure if hangover still drunk or the fucking heating in gaff

Sitting at kitchen table vaping cherry cola and sipping on two solphadine.

Happy new yr eve fuckers, love you loads
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Just use a pipe
                                                Has me mullered in minutes
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Id sooner the harmful effect of smoke than look like an absolute cunt-gimp with a chargeable smelly vaping thing.
                                                  Whats your excuse for pulling that off without an e-cig?

Comment

Fuck it all I can hear is snoring. Poured a massive white rum and pineapple. I need to sleep all day tomorrow. 25 callers tomorrow to this house each bringing weird Polish food for party
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Embrace the cabbage soup Michelle.
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                        p&f and I are the same person, just at different points in time.
                                                        You wish! Or actually you are probably leading a more interesting life!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          Putin playing a rather masterful game of political chess at the moment.

Loving the reddit commentary saying Trump will just reverse Obama's expulsions. Why the fck would Putin want to put 35 known exposed spies back in the US? I'm basing my knowledge of the spy game purely on novels and movies, but I'd be fairly certain someone becomes rather useless as a spy once it becomes clear they are known as such to the target country.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                            Trump would probably give them a state dinner.
                                                            In one of his condos that he sold to them no doubt.

Comment

Still looking for odds on trump being on the receiving end of an assassination attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                Still looking for odds on trump being on the receiving end of an assassination attempt.
                                                                Obama had 5 assignation attempts. Bill Clinton had 4. Bush had 1. Reagan had that famous one.

It's not a joke. There will be one. I know it's really funny though.

He is stupid and doesn't take this game seriously.

There will be one. Or more. There always is.

sadly.

He is so so fucking stupid.
                                                                Last edited by Guest; 31-12-16, 03:12.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                  Obama had 5 assignation attempts. Bill Clinton had 4. Bush had 1. Reagan had that famous one.

It's not a joke. There will be one.

I want to win money m8

Comment

Or maybe all the crazy sociopathic people will not shoot one of their own?

Comment

I want to win money m8
                                                                      Oh i know you do.
                                                                      You could place a bet on when and try to shoot him yourself.

Comment

Or maybe all the crazy sociopathic people will not shoot one of their own?
                                                                        I think we can scratch that eh CHDOG ??

I'm only joking

Comment

Oh i know you do.
                                                                          You could place a bet on when and try to shoot him yourself.
                                                                          I've asked so many times they probably have read my emails and facebook messages several times in yankee town. Doubt id get away with it m8. Unless he comes drinking in my neck of the woods, could make it happen then.

Trump Glenroe Tower doesn't seem impossible though, we'll see how it goes.

Comment

CHD do you have a UFC stream link?

Comment

I've asked so many times they probably have read my emails and facebook messages several times in yankee town. Doubt id get away with it m8. Unless he comes drinking in my neck of the woods, could make it happen then.

Trump Glenroe Tower doesn't seem impossible though, we'll see how it goes.
                                                                              The odds are 9/10.

1/4 he will die.

You meeting him? Zilch.

People like you and I never meet important people. And nothing interesting ever happens to us.

But we are content.

Do as you will. But I think it's better you don't place that bet it's nicer. And stop living in cuckoo land.

Now that i have said that ...please don't shoot ! I am tiny!

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post

Comment

The odds are 9/10.

1/4 he will die.

You meeting him? Zilch.

People like you and I never meet important people. And nothing interesting ever happens to us.

But we are content.

Do as you will. But I think it's better you don't place that bet it's nicer. And stop living in cuckoo land.

Now that i have said that ...please don't shoot ! I am tiny!
                                                                                    You seem to know me so well, absolutely nailed it.

Comment

Mad for the UFC ?
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Hype....

..For male fight obv

Comment

It's not a joke. There will be one. I know it's really funny though.

There will be one. Or more. There always is.

sadly.

He is so so fucking stupid.
                                                                                          I've offered everytime to take your money.
                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

That was a phenomenal performance... Decent showboating too. Superstar in the making

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                              That was a phenomenal performance... Decent showboating too. Superstar in the making
                                                                                              Cody?

God bless Ronda, still walks in square on like a bully

Comment

e.z nun.ez money
                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                  Eeek! My flight to thailand tomorrow which has a 3 hour layover with a connecting flight in singapore has been delayed from sydney. There is now 25 mins between arrival and departure of connecting flight. Same airline for both legs. I have no chance of making the connection do I?

Arrival and departure is from same terminal if that makes a difference? Thankfully no checked bags...
                                                                                                  Sigh... flight delayed again. Will have to get next flight out from singapore. 7 hours layover . At least I will be able to kill a couple of hours watching City trash liverpool.

So will be seeing in the new year in Singapore. Never expected that.
                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Good man, best of luck with it.

Would you think about taking up running?

Taking up a healthy pursuit while trying to quit helps immensely, particularly running as not only is it simple it fills the mind with positivity and cancels out all the negativity and pain that goes with giving up.

Also, focus on all you're gaining by quitting, taste buds coming back, fresh breath, clean clothes etc. If you have the mentality that you are gaining rather than losing out you will do it.
                                                                                                    I really want to make 2017 the year I got really fit again. I got lazy and with steroids helping me put weight on (Back to a size 12) I stopped trying to be honest. Since moving here I have been more mobile than I ever have been as we took the decision to do without a car and I walk loads and use public transport.

I joined the gym the end of November but it closed 10 days later for a refit! it opened again on the 27th but with 3 kids at home I haven't managed to get down.

I do fancy running though. I keep thinking though I will never ever be able? If I sprint to catch the school bus I am exhausted! I just keep thinking this is it for me and it's all downhill!

I did try a year back to do the couch to 5k but it bored me. I did try it using a treadmill and didn't like it either. I just want to be able to not be exhausted all the time which is the way I feel. I couldn't do much with the Plantar thing on both feet, but that has eased up after I treated it so there really is no excuse.

I basically just don't know where to start. Any guidance would be great!

Fair play to them, it's a really tough thing to do. Fair play to you for not ever taking it up. Parents smoking has to be the biggest influence generally for kids taking it up.

My Da smoked and I idolised him. Still does, still do.
                                                                                                    We were the opposite. Both parents smoked, me and my two siblings nagged them all the time. Now we have all grown up NONE of us smoke including the parents. Mine have been off 12 years at least now.

I found the smell in the house and seeing them smoke put me off big time. I have NEVER tried a cigarette. And I doubt at my age that will change.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                      . I have NEVER tried a cigarette. And I doubt at my age that will change.
                                                                                                      Don't say that m8. It's never too late for new experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                        I really want to make 2017 the year I got really fit again. I got lazy and with steroids helping me put weight on (Back to a size 12) I stopped trying to be honest. Since moving here I have been more mobile than I ever have been as we took the decision to do without a car and I walk loads and use public transport.

I joined the gym the end of November but it closed 10 days later for a refit! it opened again on the 27th but with 3 kids at home I haven't managed to get down.

I do fancy running though. I keep thinking though I will never ever be able? If I sprint to catch the school bus I am exhausted! I just keep thinking this is it for me and it's all downhill!

I did try a year back to do the couch to 5k but it bored me. I did try it using a treadmill and didn't like it either. I just want to be able to not be exhausted all the time which is the way I feel. I couldn't do much with the Plantar thing on both feet, but that has eased up after I treated it so there really is no excuse.

I basically just don't know where to start. Any guidance would be great!

We were the opposite. Both parents smoked, me and my two siblings nagged them all the time. Now we have all grown up NONE of us smoke including the parents. Mine have been off 12 years at least now.

I found the smell in the house and seeing them smoke put me off big time. I have NEVER tried a cigarette. And I doubt at my age that will change.
                                                                                                        I am in lazy mode right now too. And i have no excuse of kids etc.

I did 5k three times a week a few years back ...i would have been in college and kept it up a bit after. Then it all fell apart. I did it just by walking first. Don't start running back gently does it. You have to walk 5k every day for a few months before you can run it i think. Save your knees. I am a gentle does it kind of gal. :-)

Martial arts are good. If you are lazy like me. Dance etc. But I think looking back i started most things just by walking.

Never smoked either...they say money buys anything...but if you buy somethings they will own you. Cigarettes are just one of those things.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                          Has me mullered in minutes
                                                                                                          Put it in a yoghurt and eat it. About 45 mins later hey presto

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                            Don't say that m8. It's never too late for new experiences.
                                                                                                            What's the one thing wise men never cook and if you buy it will own you and yet add one letter is admired by all?

Comment

I like riddles.

Comment

Jesus Christ just woke up to a Maltese dog licking my face. Feel like vomiting I'm that hungover. Thoughts of climbing down into a war bunker is really not appealing. And the thoughts of a house party tonight makes me want to actually go to the bunker and never come out
                                                                                                                😷😷😷😩😩😩
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

State of Rousey.

Comment

I've never smoked and it's 100% down to what I've seen them do to my Dad.

Over the last 30 years or so, he has had two tubes put into his chest (before stents we used), he's had dozen of TIA's (mini strokes) has had 5 stents put in, has had his heart stopped and restarted several times, has been in every hospital in Dublin for treatmemt going back as far as The Richmond, has had a massive heart attack that left him in ICU for a week and a really bad stroke. He should never had survived either one but somehow he has. We call him Lazerus 😁

He is now only 73 but he is an incredibly old 73 and struggles with so many things. When I compare him to my mates Dads who are same age, it's like night and day.

Still idolise him but also wish he never smoked as we would be able to do so much more together now if he didn't.

Bizarrely, all three of my sisters smoked which I think is in part due to the age gap between me and then. Eldest sister is 10 years older than me. Youngest sister is 6 years older than me. Think they took up smoking before they could see the harm from it. One still smokes, one would only smoke about 3/4 a year and the other is off them completely over 15 years

Comment

Rousey went out very quickly. Hubris. It can happen to us all. Well done to Nunes. I really admire both ladies.
                                                                                                                      Still like Rousey and Nunes!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                        I've never smoked and it's 100% down to what I've seen them do to my Dad.

Over the last 30 years or so, he has had two tubes put into his chest (before stents we used), he's had dozen of TIA's (mini strokes) has had 5 stents put in, has had his heart stopped and restarted several times, has been in every hospital in Dublin for treatmemt going back as far as The Richmond, has had a massive heart attack that left him in ICU for a week and a really bad stroke. He should never had survived either one but somehow he has. We call him Lazerus 😁

He is now only 73 but he is an incredibly old 73 and struggles with so many things. When I compare him to my mates Dads who are same age, it's like night and day.

Still idolise him but also wish he never smoked as we would be able to do so much more together now if he didn't.

Bizarrely, all three of my sisters smoked which I think is in part due to the age gap between me and then. Eldest sister is 10 years older than me. Youngest sister is 6 years older than me. Think they took up smoking before they could see the harm from it. One still smokes, one would only smoke about 3/4 a year and the other is off them completely over 15 years
                                                                                                                        I have never tried any kind of a drug. Neither parents smoked. My mother's mother died when my mother was twelve from it. My grand smoked a pipe and died just weeks after I was born with it. I was in hospital with whooping cough. I was born too small for the vaccination. And i was not immune they thought oh give it to her a little later. Well i got it...my dad was toing and froing from one hospital to see me as a baby and my grandad who was dying. My grandad did get to hold me though. Neither parent touched it.

My granny (father's mother ) smoked but she gave it up. Lived much longer ...passed when i was 23.

Comment

I have scars on my lungs from whooping cough. I was basically told i would be insane to smoke. I took the advice seriously.

Plus I am a little bit of a singer. Smoke= killing your voice. No thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X