Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonus prize of daughter's 5th birthday party in that play area in Clarehall to come on Friday. Having to make small talk with a dozen parents I don't know...Oh joy!

Comment

[QUOTE=Raoul Duke III;1008327]
      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      the kids are also a pain in the ass./QUOTE]

The great unspoken truth of parenting.

Always a bit suspicious of parents who constantly go on about how great their kids are.
      It could be true...it could be they are the Flanders.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
        Bonus prize of daughter's 5th birthday party in that play area in Clarehall to come on Friday. Having to make small talk with a dozen parents I don't know...Oh joy!
        I know this means nothing to you...she is a Capricorn. I am into this astrology thing. Mock me at will.

Also happy b day to her ..also ..sorry other parents are boring. It's good of you to go though.

Comment

[QUOTE=PeaceandFire;1008329]
          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

It could be true...it could be they are the Flanders.
          Oh, seeing as you are here. Is that guy in the photos with you semi-famous? Looks very familiar for some reason.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

[QUOTE=Raoul Duke III;1008332]
            Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post

Oh, seeing as you are here. Is that guy in the photos with you semi-famous? Looks very familiar for some reason.
            I don't know why. It's my brother. No.

He must have an aura about him

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Just watched The Martian. Good entertainment, but 2+ hours of me like...
              Understandable.
              SPOILER
              Not even a single Martian

Comment

People never think I am Irish...dunno why..maybe it's the funny accent i keep doing ..i should stop that it's weird...

Anyway what was your highlight for 2016 Mrs Flushdraw?
                I have pale skin and red hair. Most think I am Irish and not Scottish yet there are a ton of us gingers in Scotland!

My highlight would have been our move to Malta. Can't beat life in the sunshine

Oh and I doubt she was Norwegian she said she was visiting from Africa haha. And I have the Nordic blood from my ancestors and I think they be on the pale side

What was your highlight P&F?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                  I have pale skin and red hair. Most think I am Irish and not Scottish yet there are a ton of us gingers in Scotland!

My highlight would have been our move to Malta. Can't beat life in the sunshine

Oh and I doubt she was Norwegian she said she was visiting from Africa haha. And I have the Nordic blood from my ancestors and I think they be on the pale side

What was your highlight P&F?
                  That sounds pretty awesome! I hear Malta has a wonderful climate.

My highlight was the concert I posted. I am a big Father John Misty fan. He was brilliant. He's a great performer.

It was for my birthday. My brother came with me. It was just a great day. That was my highlight

So guys what was the highlight of 2016 for you???

For me it was going to a father John Misty concert in July with my bro! :-)
                  The following was filmed by me ...with a potato :-) But MEMORIES

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

So what was your highlight of 2016?

Comment

One of life great mysteries... how has Two Broke Girls not yet been cancelled. Beyond shite.
                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

And yet arrested development was cancelled.

Comment

Xmas lunch round 2.last feast was accompanied by some chocolate block. This time, we're going for a smoother more aristocratic approach.

Last edited by shrapnel; 27-12-16, 15:44.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                            One of life great mysteries... how has Two Broke Girls not yet been cancelled. Beyond shite.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                              Xmas lunch round 2.last feast was accompanied by some chocolate block. This time, we're going for a smoother more aristocratic approach.

no idea why the above doesn't post but here's the imgur link

pauillac 93

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

no idea why the above doesn't post but here's the imgur link

pauillac 93
                                  Where is the chocolate block though ?

Comment

Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to getting pussy

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                      To return to P+F question. I guess the highlight of the year was seeing the baby grow. Fair few lowlights too so roll on 2017.

We have a slightly crazy plan to move to Hong Kong instead of Dublin. France is phenomenal but we haven't had to pay tax yet and wife's pay is untaxed due to being paid through Dublin. When that kicks in we're kinda fcked.
                                      That's lovely. Congrats on baby.

Hong Kong well..you only have one life ..so make it amazing! :-) Good luck.

Comment

Where is the chocolate block though ?
                                        Finished! Wasn't worthy of its own post. This is!

Comment

Finished! Wasn't worthy of its own post. This is!
                                          We need more Pics of delish sweets though.

I got these from the Candy Lab in temple Bar ages ago ..so nice I had to take a pic.

Comment

Chocolate Block is a ludicrous wine really. Might as well be drinking port.

Comment

I am a sober moron ..i had no idea that was a wine. I was expecting this!

Comment

I got my Dad port for Christmas..i chose it based on how good the box looked...he seemed happy!

Comment

I was expecting a dessert type thing too.

Comment

@Ole (or anyone), I'm having friends over tomorrow night, gonna do rib on the bone. How would you recommend cooking in gas oven? Slow roast good for this cut?
                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

220 for 20 mins, then 180 until internal temperature is 60 for medium. One rib will take an about an hour, not sure how it increases for bigger pieces. No need to slow cook a good cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                        @Ole (or anyone), I'm having friends over tomorrow night, gonna do rib on the bone. How would you recommend cooking in gas oven? Slow roast good for this cut?
                                                        Hot and fast for the first 15 mins, 220, then reduce oven to 160 and cook till an internal temperature of 55–59°C for med rare, 60–66°C for medium, i wouldent go above 60, let it rest for a good 20-30 mins.

Edit: As zuut said.
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

I did a reverse sear rib o the bone Xmas eve and it came out very well.
                                                          Low at start and high at the end.

Comment

I might try roasting an orange again..it was nice.

It's a Lana Del Ray day...

Comment

I might try something from this during the week...it has some nice Asian stuff :-)

Comment

I'll prolly end up making toast and or a sandwich though :/

Comment

if i'm perfectly honest, chocolate block was awesome but overpowering for capon.

this pauillac is the 2nd main house of chateau rothschild and is incredible. my sister bought these in 96 for around 50 francs, sold a few of the rothchilds of the same year, which she bought for 100 francs, for 300 euros this year. We had 2 bottles of this and the first one was great, the 2nd was phenomenal, it goes to show they don't all age in the same way.

Comment

Comment

if i'm perfectly honest, chocolate block was awesome but overpowering for capon.

this pauillac is the 2nd main house of chateau rothschild and is incredible. my sister bought these in 96 for around 50 francs, sold a few of the rothchilds of the same year, which she bought for 100 francs, for 300 euros this year. We had 2 bottles of this and the first one was great, the 2nd was phenomenal, it goes to show they don't all age in the same way.
                                                                      so had a quick look and told my sister this sells online between £140 and £300 a bottle online.
                                                                      this is one of her middling ones she has in her cellar . the woman's a beast!

Comment

so had a quick look and told my sister this sells online between £140 and £300 a bottle online.

I don't know anything about wine. Nothing at all ..that's interesting though they 'age' differently.

Still though...

Comment

I will never tell anyone what I spent on my diet coke cellar...ashamed

Comment

I will never tell anyone what I spent on my diet coke cellar...ashamed
                                                                            diet coke doesn't really require a cellar. it doesn't need to age, so you really shouldn't be worried...unless you have something else in there!!

Comment

diet coke doesn't really require a cellar. it doesn't need to age, so you really shouldn't be worried...unless you have something else in there!!
                                                                              Nope. I am not so grand as to have a cellar

But it's worth having a spare coke with ya in case all the have is pepsi!

Can ya tell I am a true woman of the world :-P ?

Comment

Is your sister single? [emoji1] [emoji5]

Comment

2016 really has been an awful year. Not because of Brexit or Trump or all the dead celebs but because of the half dozen or so dinner parties I've hosted this year, no two guests had a matching wine glass. The utter horror of it.

The mother must be spinning in her grave wondering where it all went wrong in her rearing of me.

Thankfully, 2017 will be much better after picking up a dozen of these half price bad boys in BTs today

SPOILER

SPOILER

Herself is home from Galway tomorrow, wonder if she will notice the new addition [emoji1] [emoji51]

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                    no two guests had a matching wine glass. The utter horror of it.
                                                                                    That just means they all must have felt special ;-) There is a certain charm to it.

Some day I too shall have matching wine glasses...some day.

Comment

Is your sister single? [emoji1] [emoji5]
                                                                                      as as matter of fact she is! single mom though (just for perspective). Cooks, buys, sells and talks about wine for a living and is now opening her first restaurant in HK. she's pretty awesome tbh , but terrifies most men.

Comment

as as matter of fact she is! single mom though (just for perspective). Cooks, buys, sells and talks about wine for a living and is now opening her first restaurant in HK. she's pretty awesome tbh , but terrifies most men.
                                                                                        She sounds amazing you must be really proud :-)

Comment

Have you warned her that Hitch is thinking of moving to HK?

Sounds like a dream job, albeit a possibly highly stressed one as the restaurant game is not easy but if she has a passion for wine, then I'd say she loves it. HK is also a very good place to cash in on old fine wines!

Comment

6 nights of the inlaws camped here finally over with.

Mrs just informed me we are off on our travels tomorrow for 5 nights. Down to the farm. To the inlaws.

Somebody shoot me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                              6 nights of the inlaws camped here finally over with.

Mrs just informed me we are off on our travels tomorrow for 5 nights. Down to the farm. To the inlaws.

Somebody shoot me please.
                                                                                              Ouch.

Comment

2016 curse strikes Irelands oldest person, though presumably its a title that's never vacant.
                                                                                                Guessing that the next in line did a whoop of delight at the news.

Comment

And now for the weather...

[NSFW="just in case."][/NSFW]
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

She sounds amazing you must be really proud :-)
                                                                                                    nah, she's just my sister, she can achieve anything...but she is awesome.

Peace and fire, please download the album from jan garbarek called twelve moons and listen to song number 2, called psalm. can't find it on youtube, but seems to fit who you are (it's also one of my favorite albums).

this is song number one

Comment

Have you warned her that Hitch is thinking of moving to HK?

Sounds like a dream job, albeit a possibly highly stressed one as the restaurant game is not easy but if she has a passion for wine, then I'd say she loves it. HK is also a very good place to cash in on old fine wines!
                                                                                                      it's not though. she works her ass off. lives on a boat and does a pop up restaurant on it, cooking from her tiny kitchen for 15 people.

Comment

it's not though. she works her ass off. lives on a boat and does a pop up restaurant on it, cooking from her tiny kitchen for 15 people.
                                                                                                        Would she be able to cater a Horsehead Elite function?

Money no object, GAB is paying.

Comment

Had various neighbours in for drinks\nibbles earlier.

The strewel son-in-law charcuterie was eagerly horsed.

Comment

Would she be able to cater a Horsehead Elite function?

Money no object, GAB is paying.
                                                                                                            are you in HK? if so of course!!

Comment

Carrie Fisher fought 2016 hard the last couple of days but has lost.

Big one coming in next 4 days.

Comment

In Houston and decided to eat at http://www.vicandanthonys.com/ last night. Bone Marrow to start with and then a 24 ounce porterhouse. She had the bone in ribeye and it was outstanding.

Duck Fat roasted baby potatoes with bacon and the wild mushrooms as sides

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                  Carrie Fisher fought 2016 hard the last couple of days but has lost.

Big one coming in next 4 days.
                                                                                                                  Really hope it's not the Queen,not in the mood for the deluge of bullshit and hysteria that will be unleashed when that one happens

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                    Really hope it's not the Queen,not in the mood for the deluge of bullshit and hysteria that will be unleashed when that one happens
                                                                                                                    Really hoping for Trump, Clarkson and Mugabe.
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Ohh, Clarkson is a great shout. I want him to die too.

Comment

Actually be kinda class if all 3 top gear cunts were filming something on new years eve and were all taken by 2016.

Comment

The death cult is really tiresome. Need to raise the collective give-a-shit bar above 'was in a film' or 'recorded some songs'.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X