X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Rounds 5 and 6 HC fixtures finally out

Leinster play in Castres on the Friday night, Connacht play in Toulouse on Sunday afternoon. Obviously going to both.

Repeating my plea for Connacht flags plz (ionapaul, sickpuppy - looking at you)
    A cracking weekend. Both games will have a lot at stake.
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
      A cracking weekend. Both games will have a lot at stake.
      yep, both Irish teams should be going there with a 4-1 record
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        If I bought a scarf that had €35 off the shop would be giving me the scarf and €20
        The scarf market for fashionable girl you will bang vs guitar wanker are slightly different

Comment

Tucked into some Salame di Coscia this evening...sublime

There was a woman wistfully fingering a 40g packet of bresaola in the Sheridans queue earlier so I informed her I had over a kilo of it sitting in the fridge at home.
          The game really changes when you hit forty!
          Last edited by Denny Crane; 22-12-16, 21:58.

Comment

yep, both Irish teams should be going there with a 4-1 record
            Get out of here with that American style talking.

Comment

Leinster play in Castres on the Friday night, Connacht play in Toulouse on Sunday afternoon. Obviously going to both.

They don't seem to give the flags out anymore, or at least I haven't seen them. I'll keep an eye out at the munster game on new years though.

Comment

When you need it Raoul? Mate of mine is connacht mad and will probably have one. Could post if he does.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  uh oh
                  More photos coming in... Person who shoot #Russia ambassador in #Turkey was part of his security detail..

NSFL video
                  SPOILER
                  Thought this was a great photo. Really looks like something from a movie set

SPOILER
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                    When you need it Raoul? Mate of mine is connacht mad and will probably have one. Could post if he does.
                    Will be flying out on 18-Jan. Ideally want 3.

They would not survive trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                      Picked out a present, a scarf, for somebody for Christmas last week, they were with me at the time so I kept it on the down low and headed back now. There was €35 off it today, the only question now is what to do with all my free money I just won, because that's what it is.
                      I was wandering around the Grafton St. environs yesterday looking for stocking fillers and knew MrsHiFi was after some gloves.

Ambled into Hermes in Brown Thomas and thought 'oh... there's a lot of people in this small space. It's clearly popular.'

Saw a nice simple, elegant pair of soft white gloves and picked them up to see the price, e550.

There was a queue of four people at the counter. I left.

Got the exact same gloves 10 minutes later in M&S for e8 for a total saving of e492.

Hermes smelt better than M&S though.

Comment

Tucked into some Salame di Coscia this evening...sublime

There was a woman wistfully fingering a 40g packet of bresaola in the Sheridans queue earlier so I informed her I had over a kilo of it sitting in the fridge at home.

She looked most jealous.
                        I'm jealous, sitting here eating a supermarket charcuterie pack with cheddar cheese

I am drinking this with it so it's not all bad I guess

SPOILER

Comment

Mia is such a thoughtful child, genuinely for 11 like . Mother just told me a good story.

Mother very sick at the min with what is going around , bad dose of flu.

Mia comes home from school and says to nanny she is doing a survey/ app thing on phone and has phone in hand and starts asking the questions

Mia:

" nanny how many times a week would you eat sweet stuff ?

mother," never , I dont like sweet stuff at all"

"nanny how many sugars do you take in tea coffee etc , has to be 1, 2. 3 etc"

"mother one ( even though its a half teaspoon)

nanny "if you were outside and it was cold would u feel cold and wrap up?"

mother," yeah course I would"

Ten mins later minus biscuit ( she won a box of biscuits in school today)

Mother honestly thought was a genuine survey!
                          Just beautiful

SPOILER
                          Last edited by SatNav; 22-12-16, 23:07.
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            Anyone who followed the WSOP coverage, will know all about William Kassouf and his antics, but he just took down the €10k high roller in Prague for €532k. That's not as straight forward as it seems though.

The original payouts were €766k for the winner, and €486 for the runner up. When he got headsup with Patrick Serda, he had a 4-1 chip deficit. Without playing a hand of headsup, he offered the other guy the deal where he takes €719k, and Kassouf takes €533k and the trophy.

If money is your primary goal, the it's a snap deal for Serda, but i'm guessing the title and winners photo etc mean more to Kassouf and his brand.

Should you really be declared a champion when you go into headsup a 4-1 dog and don't even play a hand?
                            It seems this didn't play out exactly as it was reported. Max Knows best!

This part is quite apt!

Thomas Lamatsch, the head tournament director, was called and eventually after almost 30 minutes a clock was called on Will.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                              I was wandering around the Grafton St. environs yesterday looking for stocking fillers and knew MrsHiFi was after some gloves.

Ambled into Hermes in Brown Thomas and thought 'oh... there's a lot of people in this small space. It's clearly popular.'

Saw a nice simple, elegant pair of soft white gloves and picked them up to see the price, e550.

There was a queue of four people at the counter. I left.

Got the exact same gloves 10 minutes later in M&S for e8 for a total saving of e492.

Hermes smelt better than M&S though.
                              Solid maths
                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                Solid maths
                                Too busy counting my cash to care about a few quid here or there

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                  If I bought a scarf that had €35 off the shop would be giving me the scarf and €20
                                  Have you never bought the missus a Cashmere scarf?

She will love you long time

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                    Have you never bought the missus a Cashmere scarf?

She will love you long time
                                    Buy one for yourself while you're at it. Feel great every time you wear it. I got myself a nice one in Berlin a few years ago. 100 Euro well spent.
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Epic series of professional master chef this year. Really incredible to watch and 3 great finalists. Watching them in the 3 star restaurant in Oslo was ridiculous. Horses head elite road trip written all over it.

Comment

Buy one for yourself while you're at it. Feel great every time you wear it. I got myself a nice one in Berlin a few years ago. 100 Euro well spent.
                                        That box has been ticked [emoji1]

Comment

Will be flying out on 18-Jan. Ideally want 3.

They would not survive trip.
                                          Will ask and pm when I see him

Comment

Just seeing this now.
                                            If chd cant help I can do what I can what size?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                              Just seeing this now.
                                              I'm gona ask for flags only. The whole not getting it back thing rules out scarves and shit. Anything you can do will more than likely be better than What I can but will try.

Comment

Just seeing this now.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Anyone answer this one?

Last player to move from Celtic directly to the England and win the top division in England?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    Anyone answer this one?

Last player to move from Celtic directly to the England and win the top division in England?
                                                    Dalglish ?

Comment

Anyone answer this one?

SPOILER
                                                      Brian McClair?

Comment

Epic series of professional master chef this year. Really incredible to watch and 3 great finalists. Watching them in the 3 star restaurant in Oslo was ridiculous. Horses head elite road trip written all over it.
                                                        Just watched the last episode and really glad the person who won is the one I liked the most. Posted before about the Irish guy in Oslo wondering if anyone knew/could find out anyting about him to get to that level?

Was a really good watch.

SPOILER
                                                        I wonder will Gary continue to teach or set off on his own as the way he cooks and what he has taken from Oslo would make him a major player in the food world.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                          Dalglish ?
                                                          Nope.

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                          SPOILER
                                                          Brian McClair?
                                                          This was my best shot.

Couple of tries from Liam Miller (never got a medal) and Larsson (went abroad first obv).

Genuinely dont know the answer and doesnt seem googleable so think im right unless theres someone else.....

Comment

Anyone answer this one?

Liam Miller?

EDIT- Ah, no.

Comment

Very big dog.

Freddy's owner, ex-glamour model Claire Stoneman, 41, from Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, is utterly devoted to her Guinness World Record pet, and his sister Fleur - and spends £12,500 a year on them.
                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Can name a couple of Rangers lads who have gone SPL > PL

Was there a keeper who made 1 appearance and got a medal since rules are different for them? Andy Goram was Rangers and Manyoo I think and won it. Van Bronckhorst played for Rangers then Arsenal. Barca after which makes him a cunt.

Question says top division so must be before Premier League era.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                  Brian McClair?
                                                                  has to be this after scrolling down through this list quickly- http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Tr...+-+Players+Out

Comment

Wasn't there someone here from Racebets?

Had my first bet with them, horse shortened from 7/2 (most other bookies 11/4 and shorter) to sp of around 9/4

Horse lost

Account restricted to SP prices only

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                      has to be this after scrolling down through this list quickly- http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Tr...+-+Players+Out
                                                                      SPOILER

Shay Given
                                                                      Second name that popped into my head but never played for Celtic AFAIK and didn't play at Blackburn when they won it but don't/didn't sub keepers just get one

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                        Scrolled quickly 3 times and the answer wasn't at the end. Stop your trolling. Give me a name.

Comment

Thanks to watching QI I find out that Christmas lights affect your wifi.

Now I can for a few weeks tell daughters its not my streaming but the lights on tree etc which is feking up your snap up/ whats chat thingy

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                            Thanks to watching QI I find out that Christmas lights affect your wifi.

Now I can for a few weeks tell daughters its not my streaming but the lights on tree etc which is feking up your snap up/ whats chat thingy
                                                                            Did they say how/why? Lights coming down.

Comment

Just seeing this now.
                                                                              Not large, should be able to squash into hand luggage

Comment

Steven Gerrard

Oh wait, he never played for celtic or won the premier league.

Absolutely hanging. I'd eat all that bacon that ole posted. For some reason Raoul I'm picturing you wearing a bowler hat when you tell that woman you have a kilo of that meat at home. #worstchatuplineever

Comment

Traffic was redic light coming into work this morning which means there is some amount of cunts not working today, cunts!

Comment

Yeah it was a ghost town, I'm not usually in til 10

People seem to have been off pretty early in the week in general. I came in for my half day as we always get bottles of whiskey and wine if we do. It's go time.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                      Thought this was a great photo. Really looks like something from a movie set

SPOILER
                                                                                      I gotta say, a lot more people would be into terrorism if they could look that good doing it.
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Say what you will about the tenets of Islamic Fundamentalism, he looks fabulous.

SPOILER
                                                                                        Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 23-12-16, 09:39.
                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                          For some reason Raoul I'm picturing you wearing a bowler hat when you tell that woman you have a kilo of that meat at home. #worstchatuplineever
                                                                                          you're mixing up the HHE cast

V is the hat wanker
                                                                                          GAB is the chat-up wanker (KP his able sidekick)
                                                                                          I'm the coffee\wine\charcuterie\cheese wanker

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                            Say what you will about the tenets of Islamic Fundamentalism, he looks fabulous.

SPOILER
                                                                                            You lefty liberals, always defending Islam!

Comment

Itinerary shaping up:

Fly to Brussels Thurs night. Have a relatively civilised dinner

Train from Brussels to Castres Fri, via Paris and Toulouse.
                                                                                              Consume our body weight in cheese.
                                                                                              Arrive couple of hours before match, do match thing.
                                                                                              Do post-match thing.

Go to Castres Market Sat for brunch, recuperate.
                                                                                              Take short train trip to Toulouse
                                                                                              Eat cassoulet and investigate the local flora and fauna.

Go to Toulouse market Sun for pre-match brunch.
                                                                                              Eat: oysters, bayonne ham, croque-monsieurs.
                                                                                              Drink: white wine, cognac, coffee
                                                                                              Do match thing. Remember we are now supporting Connacht - wave flags furiously.
                                                                                              Do post-match thing.

Get train to Brussels Mon am, drink moderate quantities.
                                                                                              Fly back Monday night.

Spend Tues-Weds unable to speak, sweating pure alcohol from every pore.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                Traffic was redic light coming into work this morning which means there is some amount of cunts not working today, cunts!
                                                                                                Actually glad to be in a warm office rather than out shopping in that weather. Good enough for the lazy cunts.

Funking for it to clear later obviously.

Comment

Who's coming for pince later? Dice is a doubtful so decent chance we remember getting home tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                    Noticed over the last few weeks that Chris Oliver (Plays as ImDaNuts on stars and has $8.7m in cashes) has started selling % of himself for low/mid/high games on stars.

He's selling 79-81% at a markup to freeroll all his games.

His first package today was 81% at 1.24 for $382 to cover a $380 package
                                                                                                    2nd package was 81% at 1.24 for $457 to cover a $455 package
                                                                                                    3rd is 82% at for 82% at 1.23 for $1059 to cover a $1050 package
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                    Not no mark up, hes charging close to 25% so he's neing paid to play

LOL fools and their money
                                                                                                    And then he goes and ships the $1k tournament for $60k (and has to give away 50k!)

Comment

Going through the early stages of a chest infection, working tonight and tomorrow, invited to a piss up in a brewery pub xmas day, all I want to do is sleep in an oxygen tent!

Merry the xmas ya fuckin animals!

Comment

Not large, should be able to squash into hand luggage
                                                                                                        Take a look at my most recent picture (taken just there):

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

This should work? One of those 'under the seat' flags they give out for free - should have at least one spare, am heading to Galway today so will double check down there.

Comment

Free Irish coffees at work #PrayForAFB

Comment

Chaos for aircraft approaching Dublin. Must be 20 waiting to land...poor fuckers in ATC.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                              Take a look at my most recent picture (taken just there):

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

This should work? One of those 'under the seat' flags they give out for free - should have at least one spare, am heading to Galway today so will double check down there.
                                                                                                              absolutely ideal thanks Paul - I'll take as many as you can get!

could grab off you at the HHE dinner the week before (you have just secured your seat at the table, well done )

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                Chaos for aircraft approaching Dublin. Must be 20 waiting to land...poor fuckers in ATC.
                                                                                                                At least it's not Malta
                                                                                                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                                  At least it's not Malta
                                                                                                                  Yeah, been keeping tabs on that the last hour or so

Comment

Works going pretty well, as in I've done none and now this, home time!

Comment

Taking names for the Vintage Kitchen outing in early Jan in the restaurant thread

roll up, roll up....safe to say that last year's event was superb. This place has an 8 month waiting list and it's for good reason.

Comment

Are these kinds of things any good or am I just getting desperate?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X