• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal!

knock it over now , no pressure
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

How about that , what a team, fair play to them.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Wow. Great kick. Great game.

Comment

Never in doubt

Now into the Aviva.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Email received for Lions tour ballot for the All Blacks games, no luck for any of the games unfortunately.
              I know a guy who entered almost 30 times for all three and he got one pair of tickets.

Holiday booked too for the start of June, clashes with the Blues game so hoping to get to Maori All Blacks and maybe the Chiefs.
              500$ a ticket for the All Blacks, I can see why the Trevor Brennan tour is so expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Chromecast Version 2 tech is streets ahead of the first one. If anyone is still stuck on the first one and wanting a small Christmas present to themselves. Has a kindle-esque feel of being as advanced as the product can be until they start building the technology into TV's.
                Do you mean the ultra? My chromecast 2 packed in after about 6 months usage. Went through about 30 minutes of excruciating phone calls to make a warranty claim. Had to send screen shots of original order, and photos of the barcode, and reorder a replacement. Order never arrived, and is cancelled without any explanation or correspondence.

The phone calls literally felt like about €120 of pain to me.
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Chromecast Version 2 tech is streets ahead of the first one. If anyone is still stuck on the first one and wanting a small Christmas present to themselves. Has a kindle-esque feel of being as advanced as the product can be until they start building the technology into TV's.
                  What does it do that my chromecast won't do?

Comment

If that is the case then it means you are allergic to alcohol (alcohol is very high in histamines in general), so best of luck with the rest of your long long miserably healthy life without drinking.
                    Off the red wine for the last 2 weeks. Did nothing for my sinus, though has worked wonders for my irritable bowel. Didn't give up booze, just substituted with whiskey. And gfyZut Jameson is an excellent beverage.

Comment

Yeah lots of histamines in booze. Whiskey probably just has less than you were taking in.
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                          And gfyZut Jameson is an excellent beverage.
                          Just no! zuutroy's law (there are many tbh): Drinks that have large marketing budgets are horrible.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                              Just no! zuutroy's law (there are many tbh): Drinks that have large marketing budgets are horrible.
                              It's the same drink as it was 30 years ago, long before it was popular or advertised much. Have to admit I'd like some TK red lemonade to go with it, as that's how I first had it

Comment

Yeah, back when we'd drink any oul shite because we didn't know the difference...no good whiskey needs mixing with anything.

Speaking of 30 years ago. Got Queen at Wembley on...what ever happened to music and its exponents?

Comment

En route home from the Aviva with the young fella. Northampton just embarrassing tbh
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    En route home from the Aviva with the young fella. Northampton just embarrassing tbh
                                    Was there last weekend, the fans we talked to after were embarrassed then.

This might kill a few of them.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                      no good whiskey needs mixing with anything.
                                      Ah, a drop of water is always good. Think about 1.7ml in 100ml

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                        Was there last weekend, the fans we talked to after were embarrassed then.

This might kill a few of them.
                                        Plenty of them made the trip.

Great club though, they'll be back.

Comment

Rainbow trout fly fishing Xmas competition over 3pm and drinks after. 6 hrs later and I nip home to make a duck and noodles stir fry and now just want to sleep. Fek getting old

Comment

Some whiskey is for drinking neat. Others not. Quelle surprise!

Imagine seeing someone having a hot whiskey using redbreast for instance. Or making a whiskey sour with Woodford reserve instead of just using plain simple Jim beam.

It depends on what you're drinking basically.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Yeah Tilly was woeful. But she is there for atmos.

Comment

Craig Ferguson does his own version of "White Lines" by Duran Duran

Comment

This is my fav hand of all time :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cI13ONLwEk

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                        Yeah Tilly was woeful. But she is there for atmos.
                                                        you spelled breasts wrong

Comment

A) Could consider starting dinner before 9pm

B) Might be just the post-eating lull. Don't give up yet
                                                          Quick shower and off to local pub Xmas draw. Closing time depending if police raid it. Could get messy

Comment

Poker videos brought to mind the series of cash games I watched recently. They have three different line-ups, the first is all the usual faces like Ivey, Doyle etc and one big fish. The second is all the internet kids with the fish, they made him feel so uncomfortable that he considers leaving the game and the guy is one of the biggest action junkies I have ever seen. The game was dull as dish water, I have no idea how those guys get some of the big fish to sit with them on a regular basis.

The third game is great fun. It is a bunch of guys all worth at least 200m+ gambling like mad throwing in 30/40k like it is nothing which I guess it is to them. Bellande is the only pro in the line-up. Bellande is telling a story from the game he played in the night before where the conversation is discussing divorce and one of the filthy rich guys in the game pipes up with, "I would consider divorcing the wife but she would become so rich as a result that I know I would find her incrediblly attractive again." I have never seen so many grown men belly laugh so hard in unison.

Can watch it here. Episode 11 on is the rich guys - https://www.pokercentral.com/videos/...ller-cash-game

Opr

Comment

At work Christmas party, drank restaurant out of gunpowder gin, swilling it with Hendricks.

Comment

Mcgregor Rte sportsperson of the year is gonna feel like our Trump/brexit moment to the coffin dodgers who listen to Radio 1. Liveline gonna clean up monday
                                                                Last edited by Guest; 18-12-16, 00:25.

Comment

Jawbox gin nice

Comment

On the Gunpowder meself, Jaysus the world's gone Gin mad, in House on Leeson St, just saw two bar helper guys walk by with two cases of Thomas Henry tonic each.

Used to be only the oul wans
                                                                    Last edited by Lazare; 18-12-16, 00:34.
                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                      On the Gunpowder meself, Jaysus the world's gone Gin mad, in House on Leeson St, just saw two bar helper guys walk by with two cases of Thomas Henry tonic each.

I thoughtbit ews a rich old white womsn dribk. Here i sm on the botanist. Maybe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                        you spelled breasts wrong
                                                                        Yeah I didn't wanna be the girl hating on other girls. But ya...meh fair play to her .she's better than me :-P..she's no Gaelle Bauman though!
                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 18-12-16, 01:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                          Poker videos brought to mind the series of cash games I watched recently. They have three different line-ups, the first is all the usual faces like Ivey, Doyle etc and one big fish. The second is all the internet kids with the fish, they made him feel so uncomfortable that he considers leaving the game and the guy is one of the biggest action junkies I have ever seen. The game was dull as dish water, I have no idea how those guys get some of the big fish to sit with them on a regular basis.

The third game is great fun. It is a bunch of guys all worth at least 200m+ gambling like mad throwing in 30/40k like it is nothing which I guess it is to them. Bellande is the only pro in the line-up. Bellande is telling a story from the game he played in the night before where the conversation is discussing divorce and one of the filthy rich guys in the game pipes up with, "I would consider divorcing the wife but she would become so rich as a result that I know I would find her incrediblly attractive again." I have never seen so many grown men belly laugh so hard in unison.

Can watch it here. Episode 11 on is the rich guys - https://www.pokercentral.com/videos/...ller-cash-game

Opr

Do they play with their own money though?

Comment

A while back ...I was watching some of the Vintage WSOP episodes and realized it used to be much different it used to be. I think poker on T.V is a separate industry. I don't have the aptitude to analyses consistently good game etc. Or really ...i am not that bothered. Imma shallow fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

House is fucking awful, get out now while you can

Comment

In a q for Rays pizza. 2 blokes and a chick in front of me.

Conversation is along the lines of how they are not taking the piss out of bio technology but about the direction people with a PHD coming out of college are taking at the minute.

Seriously, it's almost 4am on Saturday night / Sunday morning.

Get a fucking life, there is no way you should be sober enough to talk about this shit without drool all over your chin and most of your chest

*Just for the record, it's taken me 25 minutes to post this/correct all my spelling mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                  Mcgregor Rte sportsperson of the year is gonna feel like our Trump/brexit moment to the coffin dodgers who listen to Radio 1. Liveline gonna clean up monday
                                                                                  why is that

Comment

To whoever it was that got the HTC Desire Graphite 530 on my 50/50 recommendation, how's that going for ya
                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

for the day that's in it. phenomenal song!

'Biko' is taken from Peter's third self-titled solo album. Video directed by Lol Creme.Follow Peter Gabriel on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/7C4sU...

Comment

In the last 3 days I've found a handbag and a purse , both left behind on the bus.
                                                                                        Both had a large amount of money and every ID and card and driving licence inside.
                                                                                        One even had the pin number for the ATM card.
                                                                                        None of them had a contact number for the owner.
                                                                                        In nearly 22 years, I'd say I've had maybe 50 wallets and purses and only 1 had a contact number in it. That lady got it back within 15 minutes.
                                                                                        So the tip for the day is please put a card or a sticker or something inside your purse or wallet with your contact number on it.

Comment

#Pray4Satnav or #Pray4Satnav'sWorkColleagues
                                                                                          Twas Grand. Got arrested the end of the night
                                                                                          😂 😂

SPOILER
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

I'm giving odds of 1/60 that SatNav sold the guard Sky Sports

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                              I'm giving odds of 1/60 that SatNav sold the guard Sky Sports
                                                                                              I did. Look at the pen in his mouth after signing contract
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                                So the tip for the day is please put a card or a sticker or something inside your purse or wallet with your contact number on it.
                                                                                                I just did that right now. And thus begins Fiery Wasabi's new annual "12 tips of Christmas" slot. Looking forward to tomorrow's one already.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                  Do they play with their own money though?
                                                                                                  I'd say pretty much everyone in the three games is playing with their own money. The second game has a few players I don't know who could be pieced out but in general I doubt the buy-in is a problem for any of them. Robl seems to have done alright for himself in Macau as he buys in for north of a million and seems to know the big fish very well so I guess they have played loads together.

Bellande probably has close to his life roll on the table in the last game I would say most people would remortgage the house for a bullet in that game if they could get a seat.

Funny enough Tilly is playing in the first game with Doyle and the others. She must have amassed quite a bit of money outside poker as she has no problem shipping in a quarter of million drawing dead and snap re-buying.

Opr

Comment

I'd say pretty much everyone in the three games is playing with their own money. The second game has a few players I don't know who could be pieced out but in general I doubt the buy-in is a problem for any of them. Robl seems to have done alright for himself in Macau as he buys in for north of a million and seems to know the big fish very well so I guess they have played loads together.

Bellande probably has close to his life roll on the table in the last game I would say most people would remortgage the house for a bullet in that game if they could get a seat.

Funny enough Tilly is playing in the first game with Doyle and the others. She must have amassed quite a bit of money outside poker as she has no problem shipping in a quarter of million drawing dead and snap re-buying.

Opr
                                                                                                    Robl supposedly has a huge roll. He stakes a lot of high stakes players too, including Bellande funnily enough. Bellande also runs one of the biggest games in Vegas in the aria I think where he pretty much hand picks whales and business to play and the pros can only dream of getting a game in. Seemingly the waiting list is always about 20 players deep of players that don't exist that each have an hour to turn up...

Comment

Was married to Sam Simon so probably got a healthy amount out of the divorce. Also seems to still get a lot of regular movie work so likely better rolled than most in those games

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                        Robl supposedly has a huge roll. He stakes a lot of high stakes players too, including Bellande funnily enough. Bellande also runs one of the biggest games in Vegas in the aria I think where he pretty much hand picks whales and business to play and the pros can only dream of getting a game in. Seemingly the waiting list is always about 20 players deep of players that don't exist that each have an hour to turn up...
                                                                                                        Robl seems like a guy who game selected really well. I guess he just made contacts from being in Macau scene very early as I can't imagine why these business guys want him in the games as he never seems any fun.

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                        Was married to Sam Simon so probably got a healthy amount out of the divorce. Also seems to still get a lot of regular movie work so likely better rolled than most in those games
                                                                                                        Ah, I didn't know the Sam Simon connection.

I see the HSDB unlocked the graphs for players lifetime winning/losing amounts. Most of them posted in this thread. Gus is lifetime -20m online

Originally Posted by D1G1TALFOX Yeah I saw that, but I don't think it was brought up because anyone could have used that username and there was no way

Some interesting ones. This guy makes like 5m+ in a very short space of time and then apparently never plays poker again.

otb_redbaron is now the biggest online winner in the current 'big' games. He was a mid-stakes grinder only a few years back who posted this thread at the end of 2012 on 2+2.

Ran and played pretty bad last 5-6 weeks, so gonna try to up my volume and motivation a bit by starting this minichallenge. I'm gonna grind 100k hands

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                          Twas Grand. Got arrested the end of the night
                                                                                                          😂 😂

SPOILER
                                                                                                          Joe says hi !

SPOILER
                                                                                                          This was him 2 weeks ago in my mothers house after a night out.

Last edited by oleras; 18-12-16, 15:23.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

ulster being absolutely schooled here. Some performance and some atmosphere in the stadium!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                              ulster being absolutely schooled here. Some performance and some atmosphere in the stadium!
                                                                                                              Hoping to see the second half.

Toulon got beat which means they're gone.
                                                                                                              Only one realistic French contender this year and one English. Some turnaround in form from last season. Allez le Pro12!

Comment

Hoping to see the second half.

Toulon got beat which means they're gone.
                                                                                                                Only one realistic French contender this year and one English. Some turnaround in form from last season. Allez le Pro12!
                                                                                                                wasps, saracens, glasgow (although i've not seen them play this season) or clermont imo

Comment

Lovely reverso.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

definitely looked offside there

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                                                      He must have gotten a scabby spice bag or something, would explain all this tough talk.
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                        wasps, saracens, glasgow (although i've not seen them play this season) or clermont imo
                                                                                                                        Two of those literally have no chance (Glasgow, Wasps).

Clermont I would love to see win it. Well overdue for their fans'sake. But....serial bottlers away from home (should have won 2 or 3 by now).

I actually think Leinster are the form team now. Lancaster has made a massive difference and they have more squad depth than anyone. More Lions too.

Also: WTF is going on here?

Comment

Also: WTF is going on here?
                                                                                                                          WTFF indeed?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X