Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gardaí investigating an alleged sexual assault on a boy at a prestigious west Dublin boarding school are now trying to establish if any similar incidents had happened there in the past.

For the guards to reveal publicly that aspect of the investigation is kind of damaging. It's their experience that is shaping that line of inquiry.

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
    I don't doubt it escalated from other incidents. That doesn't mean that staff routinely turned a blind eye to rape threats. Which is what you claimed.
    The 4 day delay is weird alright.
    But why would they report it this time, if its happened multiple times and they knew all about it.
    The Irish times contacted this about it this time.

King’s Hospital ignored legal advice to immediately tell authorites about allegations they delayed reporting it to the authorities for four days, despite being told by lawyers to do so immediately. They went to lawyers first before the guards.
    They then ignored legal advice on being told to report it straight away. And waited. However, this was not done until late on Tuesday afternoon of this week. By this stage, The Irish Times had contacted the school with questions about the matter.
    I don't know for sure if they DID ignore it. But I sure as hell think they would. It seems strange they only went to guards after a paper started to ask them questions.

"At no stage did the management and staff fail to act on legal advice. Neither did the school seek advice from the state agencies by using hypothetical scenarios,"
    It's rather bizarre statement to come out with. But it paints a picture. They needed legal advice for a reason.

Motivated blindness. It's one boy against another one set of parents against another. It's a very elite school for elite families. Same as low level bullying I would imagine how elite and vicious an advocate for a 'child bully', a parent could be, might weigh in on things.

It's not just against the school. It's against the boys did this and the boys families. Fees are dependent on keeping things out of the statutory authorities way.

The parents of the 8 pupils accused are signing the checks. It's a co ed boarding school by the way. Their jobs rely on reputation.

The Irish Times has also learned the school authorities confiscated mobile phones belonging to the alleged attackers last Tuesday because it suspected the incident had been filmed and photographed.
    I their suspicions are based on prior events and experience perhaps not this extreme, who knows.

It is believed the school asked whether the family might agree to a combined statement from the school and themselves.

The family declined.Contact details for members of the school’s parents’ association were removed from the King’s Hospital website on Thursday.

However, Hazel Boles, a member of the parents’ association and the boarding parents’ representative on the school’s board of management, said she felt constrained from commenting.

It's all VERY odd. My intuition is telling me something.

Comment

Well on a happier note. Have a good day all. :-) It's still mild.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        I agree with you too. Now that we agree on this - Donald Trump is a Russian orphan, schooled at a special KGB academy and has the mission of reversing the result of the Cold War.

This is how this sort of shit happens. The internet has made us stupid (BBV obviously an exception ).

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln

It's almost like people don't realise that Trump is a democrat who hoodwinked and hustled his way into the job

Comment

Oh and Hofer in Rezni out!?? Oh Well Hofer is good news at least. The Italy ref is choppy weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln

It's almost like people don't realise that Trump is a democrat who hoodwinked and hustled his way into the job
            Wise words. But mine from 'Cthulhu' is totally authentic ;-) He lives!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
              Haven't yet watched - am I right in my belief that from what has been said - True Detective - 1st season - Watch.

The rest, disregard?

I'd be inclined to watch season 2 first. It's nowhere near as bad as some people make out. It's just nowhere near as good as season 1 is. It suffered heavily from just being a straightforward cop show which followed a stunning southern gothic cop thriller

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                Eatyard is a pleasant spot for a sunday evening. Good quality burger from box burger, yummy lamb tagine. doughnut,ice cream and coffee to finish.
                It's good when we have new things like that, dublin needs it. I'm sure you can spot the stall i eat from :P

Comment

FML

As a surprise for our parents, my brother and I paid for them to visit Malta next summer to be at the little ones communion. I had emailed the priest a while back for dates and he gave the 2nd of May. I booked the flights here and my brother the flights back. He actually only booked his the other day. Now I booked with Ryanair and think he used Jet2 as the times were crapped for them to arrive in Edinburgh and he got them into Glasgow.

I noticed a friend posting up about her daughters communion on the 6th of May and I checked the calendar. Sure enough the 2nd is the Tuesday. So I emailed the priest and he came back with a date this morning of the 27th of flipping May!

I am sure I will get royally screwed over booking these flights and raging that I had emailed already about the date and was given the wrong one.

She is not with anyone in her school class as they don't do religion in the schools here and you go to the church school twice a month for an hour instead. So I had no one to ask as we were to late to get her included with the children in her own class.

Currently waiting to speak with Ryanair chat

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

Currently waiting to speak with Ryanair chat
                    Skip chat. Phone the call centre. Explain the mistake and hope they will make a goodwill gesture. They did for me luckily.
                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                      Skip chat. Phone the call centre. Explain the mistake and hope they will make a goodwill gesture. They did for me luckily.
                      I hope my brother doesnt have too much hassle with it. Is the call centre listed on their website that you rang? hopefully they will do it for me with a goodwill gesture

Comment

I hope my brother doesnt have too much hassle with it. Is the call centre listed on their website that you rang? hopefully they will do it for me with a goodwill gesture
                        Ryanair details are on their website alright. https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful...u-calling-from

I don't know about Jet2 or what their policies are.

Depending on the costs it might be cheaper just to book a new set of flights!

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                          Pat Lam a loss to Irish Rugby. Any idea where he is off to?
                          Bristol

Comment

Ryanair details are on their website alright. https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful...u-calling-from

I don't know about Jet2 or what their policies are.

Depending on the costs it might be cheaper just to book a new set of flights!
                            Just chatted to them and they are looking at almost 200 euro to change the flights. When you use the booking form it comes up with only one flight and she got me to go into incognito and NO flights came up.

My brothers friend works for Jet2 so hopefully things will be ok there

Comment

Just chatted to them and they are looking at almost 200 euro to change the flights. When you use the booking form it comes up with only one flight and she got me to go into incognito and NO flights came up.

My brothers friend works for Jet2 so hopefully things will be ok there
                              If you do it from the mybookings page its 40/50 per person per flight plus the difference in ticket cost! So yeah.. it adds up very fast.

Comment

If you do it from the mybookings page its 40/50 per person per flight plus the difference in ticket cost! So yeah.. it adds up very fast.
                                Called the priest as I didn't want to do this without another confirmation on the dates. He said it was always the 27th and who told me the 2nd. I read out his email! he was very sorry about this and said if we can't get the flights changed at little cost he will do a special service for her. So will wait till my brother finds out from Jet2 and then I will call them to see what I can get sorted.

Least we have another option now! might suit our little one as she is very shy anyway and was worried about it.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Its a half dozen food vans sitting beside the bernard shaw. Friend of a friend had box burger stand in it so went in for a nosey. Happy out with everything we sampled, raclette was as filthy as i had hoped. What was in the veginity "fish" tara? It almost made the cut until i saw that big wheel of cheese being scraped onto a plate.
                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

God is testing you MrsFD.

Comment

Kinda like dinosaur bones, it put the date in that email.
                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 05-12-16, 14:21.

Comment

Comment

Android Pay hitting Ireland on Wednesday, hopefully Apple won't be far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                Its a half dozen food vans sitting beside the bernard shaw. Friend of a friend had box burger stand in it so went in for a nosey. Happy out with everything we sampled, raclette was as filthy as i had hoped. What was in the veginity "fish" tara? It almost made the cut until i saw that big wheel of cheese being scraped onto a plate.
                                                Cassava flake with lemon dill aioli and pickled samphire. Tayshtee

People were asking the woman what was in it and as she had a sore throat she was whispering in reply. They thought it was a secret and would whisper to her too

Their main truck is nearby on richmond place south and is great. This weeks menu was:

SPOILER

This ice cream mud pie thing is class

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 05-12-16, 14:33.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                    Pat Lam a loss to Irish Rugby. Any idea where he is off to?
                                                    Huge loss for Connacht and irish rugby as well I feel.
                                                    Bristol are bankrolled by a billionaire and have allegedly offered a huge salary of 750k a year.
                                                    His first loyalty has to be to his his family and 5 children.
                                                    The rake is high with kids.
                                                    A certain inevitability surrounded this its always been the Connacht way but I think its possible he has brought them as far as he can.
                                                    Andy Robinson got paid off in full even when sacked as Bristol coach.
                                                    They are going to get relegated this year and he will have a huge tank to get players he wants im sure.
                                                    His style of rugby could light up the English premiership providing he gets a promotion.
                                                    He has brought Connacht to huge heights and whoever they get in to replace him will have a huge job to continue on the path that he has brought them on.

Comment

The Aussie chef Mark is class, dunno how they manage from a food truck. Not sure why he went from head-chef at a restaurant to a food truck, probably gonna open his own place.They won some award last week at Food Awards Ireland.
                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 05-12-16, 16:45.

Comment

Got a research grant for a pathetically short 22 weeks off a certain renewable energy funding agency which had be shortened to 13 weeks due to their own incompetence.
                                                        Got offered a teaching position after 5 weeks and asked if I could hire someone instead and was duly ignored. I then told them I wasn't doing any more work on it.
                                                        Now the adminbot who used the 'I was out of office' excuse twice to cover the fact that she didn't reply to emails for 3 weeks is saying my technical report is too short. WTF does she expect from a 5 weeks project.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                          Cassava flake with lemon dill aioli and pickled samphire. Tayshtee

People were asking the woman what was in it and as she had a sore throat she was whispering in reply. They thought it was a secret and would whisper to her too

Their main truck is nearby on richmond place south and is great. This weeks menu was:

SPOILER

This ice cream mud pie thing is class

That just reminded me Tante Zoes is closed.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                            Got a research grant for a pathetically short 22 weeks off a certain renewable energy funding agency which had be shortened to 13 weeks due to their own incompetence.
                                                            Got offered a teaching position after 5 weeks and asked if I could hire someone instead and was duly ignored. I then told them I wasn't doing any more work on it.
                                                            Now the adminbot who used the 'I was out of office' excuse twice to cover the fact that she didn't reply to emails for 3 weeks is saying my technical report is too short. WTF does she expect from a 5 weeks project.
                                                            double spacing dude. Like a finger between each word
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                Nothing like 15 hours of flying to focus your attention on the preciousness that is battery power. A normal daily life of splurging power here there and everywhere becomes an arduous task of assessing whether what you want to do is worth the ampere* it will cost.

*the smallest unit of power according to google, I'm not pretending to have the word ampere in my general vocabulary.
                                                                There are only 7 base SI units man, get on it Coulombo!

Get a battery bank like I have, small 10000mah and cost like $15. Really useful.
                                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 05-12-16, 19:28.

Comment

Comment

Going to Lump Boro @4/5 tonight.

Negredo FGS too.

GL me.

Comment

Not a fan of raclette at all, seems to be big here for the month of December (maybe its a winter thing). Raclette just seems like a weakass cheese, although maybe when its good its really really good. Went googling and it looks like a class idea, especially with the few booze stands so you could turn it into an evening of snacks and drinks.
                                                                      Nah, raclette is awesome. Definitely need good cheese but good potatoes and charcuterie are essential! And the obligatory bottles of white wine

We still have our raclette machine, which was a wedding gift 16 years ago and use it at least 4 times a year during winter. It's a great dish tbf

Comment

I've a bunch of photos on my work iPhone which I want to move onto my normal phone. What's the best way of doing that without losing quality?

Comment

Coulombo? It's Coulombs you nutters. Equivalent to the charge of 1.6 x 10^19 electrons.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                              I've a bunch of photos on my work iPhone which I want to move onto my normal phone. What's the best way of doing that without losing quality?
                                                                              create album on FB, make private that only you can see, then screen shot or download? lot on new phone? Apple is a nightmare , all I can think of

oh forgot actually DROPBOX!!!
                                                                              Last edited by SatNav; 05-12-16, 19:35.
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

...So sadly the amazing flight idea for the GF is off, so back to drawing board... Next up is a coffee machine!...What are the suggestions for this?...IPB is full of coffee wankers so confident of good assistance lol...Only thing it requires is that it has "pods" or whatever they are, and preferably a good fancy one (about €100 is good :-) )...Thanks in advance, and I reckon 2017 will be the year I give advice to others ha...
                                                                                ...Edit to add, I heard her mention that with some machines you can't buy the coffee Pods in Ireland or something like that, is that correct?...
                                                                                Last edited by luckforsome; 05-12-16, 19:27.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                  ...So sadly the amazing flight idea for the GF is off, so back to drawing board... Next up is a coffee machine!...What are the suggestions for this?...IPB is full of coffee wankers so confident of good assistance lol...Only thing it requires is that it has "pods" or whatever they are, and preferably a good fancy one (about €100 is good :-) )...Thanks in advance, and I reckon 2017 will be the year I give advice to others ha...
                                                                                  ...Edit to add, I heard her mention that with some machines you can't buy the coffee Pods in Ireland or something like that, is that correct?...
                                                                                  lol ha

Comment

There are no good pod machines, so just buy a nespresso.

Comment

There are only 7 base SI units man, get on it Coulombo!

Get a battery bank like I have, small 10000mah and cost like $15. Really useful.

I was totally going for coulombo over ampere in the original post, but it seemed too made up a word!
                                                                                      Coulombo? It's Coulombs you nutters. Equivalent to the charge of 1.6 x 10^19 electrons.

It was a mixture of Coulomb and Columbo, I laughed at my own joke for too long and then nobody even got it. I see my science based witticisms are wasted here, good day to you sirs.
                                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 05-12-16, 19:34.

Comment

It was a mixture of Coulomb and Columbo, I laughed at my own joke for too long and then nobody even got it. I see my science based witticisms are wasted here, good day to you sirs.
                                                                                        Send it to Chuck Lorre

Comment

Is this the one you have been going out with or did you hook up with the other one?

(might have missed the updates)

Comment

Every time I hear you talk about this woman I cant stop hearing that frozen song.
                                                                                            Let it go Let it go

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                              Is this the one you have been going out with or did you hook up with the other one?

(might have missed the updates)
                                                                                              ...Oh this is the one I'm going out with 7 months now...Other one never happened and is gone for good...I unfriended her on Facebook, then deleted my own Facebook so as to not keep stalking her page :-)... May have required a week off work and back on meds but long term I'm sure it's a good thing lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                Every time I hear you talk about this woman I cant stop hearing that frozen song.
                                                                                                Let it go Let it go
                                                                                                ...Haha...She's gone, this is my actual real life girlfriend :-)...

...These two seem good to me...If I am getting a Nespresso machine, is there much difference in between them?...

Comment

Send it to Chuck Lorre
                                                                                                  Does he work for Coloumbia pictures?

Comment

Does he work for Coloumbia pictures?
                                                                                                    Coulombia surely?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                      LOL you are making the mistake of thinking they are your photos. They belong to Apple and you are renting from them

I'm fairly sure you can use Google photos on iphone to upload full quality copies and then get them back to hard copy via drive anytime you like.
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        LOL you are making the mistake of thinking they are your photos. They belong to Apple and you are renting from them

I'm fairly sure you can use Google photos on iphone to upload full quality copies and then get them back to hard copy via drive anytime you like.
                                                                                                        Bitta UC SP m8

Comment

[11/10 Wolfson -80

Monkman trending on twitter already

Comment

Comment

Remember Soccer AM Showboat legend Lee Trundle? He's still doing filthy things!

Comment

Did Baby V get home ok?

Comment

How long is that food market about? Looks decent.

I'd imagine its the highest form of hipster wankery?

Comment

This is the dogs bollox, for min cleaning/nice tasting/ easy making coffee. and can be brought anywhere with you.

Bit cheaper at only €30 on amazon..
                                                                                                                    sigpic
                                                                                                                    Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post

This is the dogs bollox, for min cleaning/nice tasting/ easy making coffee. and can be brought anywhere with you.

Bit cheaper at only €30 on amazon..
                                                                                                                      My cousin who is a major coffee wanker swears by it
                                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        He is no more a democrat than he is a Republican.
                                                                                                                        He is apolitical, with no interest in the future, in democracy, in progress or in people. Excepting his own in own ego and the next shiny thing that takes his minuscule attention span he is a void, null, nothing.
                                                                                                                        He is an ignorant know nothing, an abject failure as a human being, a thug and as a husband he is a wife beater and rapist. As a businessmen he has never been anything but a slow burn loser who has never produced anything of any value in his entire career.
                                                                                                                        That he is PEOTUS is a disgrace to humanity, they have elected a dunce lacquered in gold plate, as useless and as vacuous an anal ejaculation.

Comment

SP have a snickers m8

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X