This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
    60 per month for how long? no way is that for 12 months???
    For 6 months and then I break young lad's heart and cancel the Sports\Movies.

Would go up to €90-odd I think.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      I get the sports and the kids stuff, but how in the world would anyone choose to sit down and watch a movie channel. The amount of time commitment required for a random outcome vs just finding a good movie to download.
      It's like €2.50 extra p.m.

Gotta make the gesture.

Hmmmm. She just texted me (wtf) from upstairs to say she's taking me out for dinner on Sat. Seems like an outstanding ROI thus far!

Comment

Decline her opening her obv.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          You're 2 weeks ahead of me.

Starting to become terrified of having actual deadlines again. Life is very easy when you 'solve' the problem you've been given and spend many months maintaining it. Whole new ball game when the job actively seeks problems for you...
          Must be the season or something - I started a new job this week as well, three days in and it is a bit of a shock to the system after so long off. Really interferes with my gaming and box set watching time, shocking...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Much like Hitch has found when big40 hits bits and pieces start randomly falling off the body and the major organs start whispering cancer in dulcet tones.

Had weird trouble swallowing food occasionally last year, not sure when it started but suddenly noticed 'hey that's actually the second time this week a piece of food seems to have got stuck somewhere in the oesophagus for 30 seconds before going down'. And the odd spectacular one, had to leave a dinner table for about 20 minutes at XMas as a piece of steak was caught halfway down. Thought I was Joffreying on that one.

Continued this year, couple of times a week, and developed a lot of stomach pain as well. Googled it a bit and obviously found it was 99% terminal cancer like most internet diagnoses. Eventually went to the doctor this month and he sent off a form to Connolly Hosp and said I'd get a call from them at some stage. Wasn't expecting to hear from our much maligned health service for months, maybe a year, but literally days later got called to attend today for an endoscopy.

An endoscopy is just horrible, I'm still shaking at the thought of it. Mouth clasped open, they oil your throat and then send a massive thick wire down it with a camera and a scraper to take photos and stomach/upper intestine samples for biopsy. 15 minutes of gagging, difficult breathing, feeling the scope bouncing around your throat and body. Just urggghhh.

Didn't expect results for a while but doctor talked to me an hour later. Swallowing issue is a duodenal hernia which they aren't going to do anything surgical about short term coz difficult to do. Stomach pain is large amount of small ulcers and excess acid. Nothing tumorous, nothing bacterial. Various tablets for them and look at the duodenal hernia issue next year if it continues to act as a food blocker.

TLDR. Irish health service seems quick and efficient, endoscopy is both a miracle of modern science and an absolute cunt of a thing, AJ probably live to write his 10K post someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                For 6 months and then I break young lad's heart and cancel the Sports\Movies.

Would go up to €90-odd I think.
                Could have done you 63 for 12 months
                Free TV is shit btw lol
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Speaking of health crises, Hitch did you ever get results for any of your potentially life threatening things wrong with you?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    Speaking of health crises, Hitch did you ever get results for any of your potentially life threatening things wrong with you?
                    On the same topic. Pretty sure I mentioned one of my sisters having a major operation about 6 weeks ago. Confirmed ovarian cancer afterwards. Started a 6 month course of chemo 2 weeks ago. Definitely agin cancer in general

[VINE]ehUO9MYPd27[/VINE]
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Robbed from Twitter

Who am I?

• I played in 2 #UCL finals, winning 1
                      • I have a UEFA EURO winners medal
                      • I represented 5 current #UCL clubs

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                            On the same topic. Pretty sure I mentioned one of my sisters having a major operation about 6 weeks ago. Confirmed ovarian cancer afterwards. Started a 6 month course of chemo 2 weeks ago. Definitely agin cancer in general
                            Some horrible run of things ye are having. Hope the treatment works for her.

Comment

Comment

Some horrible run of things ye are having. Hope the treatment works for her.
                                This one really surprised me. She was playing badminton on Thursday, felt ill over the weekend, went to GP on Monday, and was having a 6 hour operation on Tuesday afternoon. Surprised and impressed with her GP.
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                  This one really surprised me. She was playing badminton on Thursday, felt ill over the weekend, went to GP on Monday, and was having a 6 hour operation on Tuesday afternoon. Surprised and impressed with her GP.
                                  Hopefully it was caught early anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                    Robbed from Twitter

Who am I?

UEFA euro? UCL?

Gunna say:

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                      UEFA euro? UCL?

Gunna say:

UEFA euro as in the euro's like was on in the summer.

Not that guy anyway, dunno who he is

Comment

Just found out last week that my nextdoor neighbor (and golfing buddy) for the last 3 and half years has cancer. He comes out to Spain from Belfast about 8 times a year. He was feeling ill all year with a cough he couldn't get rid of etc. He has lung cancer (gave up smoking over 20 years ago) which spread to adrenal glands, bones and neck, totally fucked, not even worth doing any treatment, just sorry mate it's gone too far, get your shit in order. He and the girlfriend organized a quickie wedding scheduled for Dec 22nd but don't even know if he'll make it that far. Really shocking and upsetting saying goodbye to him yesterday knowing I'll never see him again.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                          Robbed from Twitter

Who am I?

SPOILER
                                          Hamann? anelka?

Comment

Blackcurrant wine is amazing. Current batch is made by a Hungarian fguy from a Christian group who has just died, his son is taking over making it now. No idea how strong it is but it's powerful stjff and for once I can smell wine and it is what it says on the tin, not hints of leather and splashes of wank, with a strong finish.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                              I remember getting an endoscopy years ago and it was grand.

Pretty sure I was put under for it though so that might have helped
                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Probably more used to getting foreign objects rammed down your throat m8. #ladbntr

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                  Probably more used to getting foreign objects rammed down your throat m8. #ladbntr
                                                  Not just foreign m8, lots of Irish cocks too. #amijokingidontevenknowanymore
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e-court-ruling

I love Germany but accepting this is crazy, nip it in the bud imo.
                                                    What exactly would you like to ban?

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e-court-ruling

I love Germany but accepting this is crazy, nip it in the bud imo.
                                                      I'm with HJ on that one. What should be nipped in the bud?
                                                      You can't go around telling people what to do? Because people have been doing that forever. Preachers gonna preach.

Obviously I don't agree with their bullshit message. But I think trying to legislate against it exposes all sorts of hypocrisy

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

More importantly Wuppertal (the city in question) has a rather cool tram

Wow, that's mad. You'd have to wonder how it stays wupp ertall

Comment

Just found out last week that my nextdoor neighbor (and golfing buddy) for the last 3 and half years has cancer. He comes out to Spain from Belfast about 8 times a year. He was feeling ill all year with a cough he couldn't get rid of etc. He has lung cancer (gave up smoking over 20 years ago) which spread to adrenal glands, bones and neck, totally fucked, not even worth doing any treatment, just sorry mate it's gone too far, get your shit in order. He and the girlfriend organized a quickie wedding scheduled for Dec 22nd but don't even know if he'll make it that far. Really shocking and upsetting saying goodbye to him yesterday knowing I'll never see him again.
                                                                At the other end of the scale, trying and failing to write a letter to my Scottish aunt who got diagnosed with terminal cancer last week. In her mid-80s so clearly not a tragedy but a tough letter to structure.

Comment

This morning's BBV catch up:

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                    Hamann? anelka?
                                                                    One of those is right

Comment

Ugh.

Comment

More importantly Wuppertal (the city in question) has a rather cool tram

you should really have opted for this photo, from 1950

SPOILER
                                                                        yes, that is an elephant

falling out of the elevated tram

into the river

what else would you be doing?

Comment

@kayroo - stop tweeting back at me on twitter, you're destroying me. Have mercy! I ain't got no citations, I was going with 'feels'
                                                                          I missed our old twitter spats. That one was enjoyable to be fair.
                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Mad how there's a city the size of Cleveland in Germany that I'd never heard of before.

Comment

What's the city?

Comment

What's the city?
                                                                                Wuppertal. RTFT.

Comment

Wuppertal. RTFT.
                                                                                  Oh ya. Duh. I didn’t connect the obvious dots.

Comment

I got a 6 week or so unemployment reprieve which will take me to mid Jan when the market should be better, plus there may be something else here for me then too. Due to some weirdness though I get to take Monday and Tuesday off next week and still get paid. That's a bit Millhouse as a contractor.

Comment

This morning I had to cut my first ear hair. I thought it was bad when the nose hair started but ear hair, FML

Comment

anyone thinking of buying black friday stuff online/amazon should probably run the link thru these first

price history

supposed to filter the reviews and spot fakes (havent used it)
                                                                                        Fakespot spots, analyzes and identifies fake reviews and counterfeits - helping you out when buying stuff online.

Comment

I'm always surprised by how small US cities are.
                                                                                          0nly 10 bigger than Dublin but more than 100 in between Cork and Dublin sized.
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                            This morning I had to cut my first ear hair. I thought it was bad when the nose hair started but ear hair, FML
                                                                                            Its always a shock how painful manual ear hair removal is

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              it's because they don't count the exurbs

Nigel Farage wouldn't stand for such nonsense:

Comment

...

Comment

hmm. things building up towards a recount in three states with allegations of irregular voting on e-machines (debateable irregularities). Need to get 55k votes reversed and the three states could switch giving the overall win to Hillary. Could that be right? That was my reading of the matter.
                                                                                                  An overturned Trump 'win' might possibly be the only worse result than a Trump win.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                    An overturned Trump 'win' might possibly be the only worse result than a Trump win.
                                                                                                    Trump seems to be turning into a moderate Democrat anyway

Comment

More Nigel. Twink seems to be in this one so things are worse than we thought.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                        Must be the season or something - I started a new job this week as well, three days in and it is a bit of a shock to the system after so long off. Really interferes with my gaming and box set watching time, shocking...
                                                                                                        That is me now trying to get a job here in Malta, no idea how Iago does the stay at home bit as I am bored shitless in the house! Going to the gym and collecting Aimee from school bus is the highlight! grand once everyone gets home though.

Met with a recruiter on Monday, hopefully will get something before Christmas or just after!

But at least it is still 20 degrees out, which is better than the -4 in Letterkenny right now brrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                          Trump seems to be turning into a moderate Democrat anyway
                                                                                                          Literally anything could come out of his mouth or twitter account at any moment. Actions speak louder than words. Now we have to wait and see what he actually does. So far the only actions have been to gather a bunch of what are mostly deplorables around him and stick two fingers up to any idea that he should be separated from his business interests.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            How are they measuring the size of those cities?
                                                                                                            I'd really struggling imagine it's only 10, and which 10

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                              People always think Dublin City is 1 million. It's half that cause its only a town. There is 30 odd bigger cities, only 10 cities with more people than County Dublin though.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                That is me now trying to get a job here in Malta, no idea how Iago does the stay at home bit as I am bored shitless in the house! Going to the gym and collecting Aimee from school bus is the highlight! grand once everyone gets home though.

Met with a recruiter on Monday, hopefully will get something before Christmas or just after!

But at least it is still 20 degrees out, which is better than the -4 in Letterkenny right now brrrrr

Comment

hmm. things building up towards a recount in three states with allegations of irregular voting on e-machines (debateable irregularities). Need to get 55k votes reversed and the three states could switch giving the overall win to Hillary. Could that be right? That was my reading of the matter.
                                                                                                                  chaos on the streets if that happens.

The possibility of a rigged election has just killed the last plot line potential of next seasons House of Cards.

Wisconsin looks likes its going ahead
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anyone ever bought Real Madrid tickets? If so any good sources? Official website only selling VIP tickets game isn't a big one and is months away guessing massive season ticket sales and resold somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                                      Anyone ever bought Real Madrid tickets? If so any good sources? Official website only selling VIP tickets game isn't a big one and is months away guessing massive season ticket sales and resold somewhere?
                                                                                                                      They go on general sale on the official site about 3 weeks beforehand, very easy to get assuming you are looking for a bog standard La Liga game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                        As RDIII correctly says they don't measure the exurbs for all these

Comment

They go on general sale on the official site about 3 weeks beforehand, very easy to get assuming you are looking for a bog standard La Liga game.
                                                                                                                          Perfect yeah it would be Real Sociedad.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X