This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    If I was to get a new phone given the the that Xiaomi won't work for me because of the no 800MHz 4G support whats the best option?
    There is an International Version that supports 800mhz (band 20)

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

judging by ole's recovery you are probably not eating enough bbq or smoked meats

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
            judging by ole's recovery you are probably not eating enough bbq or smoked meats
            And buckets of Gin...
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              If I was to get a new phone given the the that Xiaomi won't work for me because of the no 800MHz 4G support whats the best option?
              I haven't swapped over sim cards yet, different size from my current phone but found this.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                And buckets of Gin...
                Speaking of Gin. I picked up a bottle of this in barcelona over the weekend. Almost half the price as advertised here.

A classy gin that is inspired by the aromas and gastronomy of Barcelona. The main spirit is initially distilled with juniper berries before being combined with spirit containing the more delicate botanicals. These have been steeped for four days before being distilled separately in a low-pressure, l

Anyone have any recommendations to add to the collection?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                    Speaking of Gin. I picked up a bottle of this in barcelona over the weekend. Almost half the price as advertised here.

A classy gin that is inspired by the aromas and gastronomy of Barcelona. The main spirit is initially distilled with juniper berries before being combined with spirit containing the more delicate botanicals. These have been steeped for four days before being distilled separately in a low-pressure, l

This got good reviews on here a while back - http://www.monkey47.com/home.html#

Comment

Brockmans & Sacred

Comment

This is way too much effort but if oleras wants to make some I will happily come over and eat 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          what was your thing specifically oleras?
                          Slight numbness in my arm when exercising, i had ignored 2 angina attacks in the previous 12 months, put them down to indigestion. had a checkup, stress test showed a "blip", angiogram the following day in Galway, 3 days later quadruple bypass.

Flying it since, have annual stress tests and echos.

Its all about the diet...

Awaiting the incoming abuse from sickpuppy...
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Brockmans
                            Blackwater no. 5
                            Daffys
                            Monkey 47

Check this thread out:

What make of gin should I buy. It will be for gin & tonic.

Comment

I am off to Dingle Monday for the night and have a visit planned for the distillery down there, the Dingle gin is very earthy but also very nice.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Dingle gin is pretty good.

Comment

Looking like the secondary teachers strike will go ahead?
                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Have a bottle of caorunn in at the moment and I am enjoying it, also a big fan of the botanist.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                      Brockmans
                                      Blackwater no. 5
                                      Daffys
                                      Monkey 47

Check this thread out:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2057609443
                                      Thanks for this. Seems like I have loads to acquire.

Comment

Jesus, Bombay Sapphire is the first recommendation? Not a fan of Hendricks either.

Comment

very little mention of tanqueray 10 either

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                            Slight numbness in my arm when exercising, i had ignored 2 angina attacks in the previous 12 months, put them down to indigestion. had a checkup, stress test showed a "blip", angiogram the following day in Galway, 3 days later quadruple bypass.

Flying it since, have annual stress tests and echos.

Its all about the diet...

Awaiting the incoming abuse from sickpuppy...
                                            Confused here?
                                            Why would I abuse you?
                                            To have a quad bypass in your 30s you have done enough self harm surely.
                                            Happy for your family you are in good health.
                                            You are still a cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                              Confused here?
                                              Why would I abuse you?
                                              To have a quad bypass in your 30s you have done enough self harm surely.
                                              Happy for your family you are in good health.
                                              You are still a cunt.
                                              You balance your banter:abuse range so well. I can never tell.
                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                You balance your banter:abuse range so well. I can never tell.
                                                Satnav proved he's a big teddy.

Comment

I met one of the founding fathers of Dingle Gin last week. I've known the guy for almost 20 years and never knew he was involved.

Apparently one of his mates was involved in it and he was asked if he wanted to invest at the very start, he said yes and it's obviously taken off since with the addition of vodka and whiskey.

They have a party every year in Dingle for the founding fathers where they drink shed loads of Gin and they all have their own casks of the stuff. Sounded like great craic

Comment

The jungle in Calais has finally been demolished in France.
                                                    Truck drivers no longer have to run a gauntlet of abuse fear from the poor souls leaving the hell hole warzone that is northern France.

Comment

The 'tour' of the Dingle Distillery is brilliant fwiw. Just a guy who loves booze talking about booze.

Comment

Had a bottle of Martin Millers and Dingle recently. Yeah very good but the truth is gins are all basically the same. Save your money and buy a bunch of Cork Dry and London imo.

SPOILER

Comment

very little mention of tanqueray 10 either

Jesus, Bombay Sapphire is the first recommendation? Not a fan of Hendricks either.

Tanqueray > tanqueray TEN

Thread gets some better with some better recommendations.

Maybe we should start a similar thread in community?

Comment

Got bottle of Bulldog a few months back in duty free.

The bulldog bottle itself is nice, the gin is a bit on the sweet side, nice though.

Its a lot to do with the tonic water and if you are adding juniper.

I had a great night a few weeks ago in Gallaghers down in Cork working the gin shelf with the wife.
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                2800 + Vat + search/registry costs. Stamp duty separate.
                                                                That seems very expensive. I rang around a good few places and asked around, cheapest I got was as follows:

Professional Fee 900.00
                                                                VAT at 23% 207.00
                                                                ___________________

Stamp Duty 1% of purchase price (VAT free if new house)
                                                                Land Registry Fee 1,050.00
                                                                Search Fees 110.00
                                                                Commissioner for Oaths 20.00
                                                                Copy Folio 5.00

Wasn't overly happy or feeling good about dealing with him but in fairness I didn't have any issues and he got everything through fairly quickly. It probably feels a bit better when it's a new house and there are other people buying the same new houses.

Comment

Gunpowder
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    Gunpowder
                                                                    Yeah, very nice indeed. I have it with chopped chillis. A bit pricey though @ €50 a bottle.
                                                                    I have a feeling it'll become oversubscribed - like Hendricks and become a bit meh!

Comment

Gunpowder
                                                                      Wonder how much of the price is for the very swish looking bottle. It's lovely but not 20 quid more than Tanqueray lovely

Comment

What's the view on teachers /Garda strike here?doesnt seem to be getting people quite as ruled as Lucas/bus drivers.governement threatening to stop paying Asti teachers now. Still expecting government to cave tbh
                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 26-10-16, 20:14.

Comment

Guardilololola

Comment

Gunpowder
                                                                            They do lovely Gunpowder upstais in Sheehans. Drop of grapefruit mix in the glass first.

Comment

I have no need of this, but I want it
                                                                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                I have no need of this, but I want it
                                                                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzMLA8YIgG0
                                                                                That Sir, is a thing of absolute Beauty!

Comment

Asti are a bunch of morons and their arguments are moronic. There is a case to get the pay scales back to standard but it isn't even close to a cause for closing schools and disrupting so many families.

Feel sorry for the Guards, it feels like their position has been abused. Clearly there should be an independent binding arbitration body for them and other people who can't strike and I'd lump lots of other PS and transport people into that too.
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                    Guardilololola
                                                                                    Shut it m8

Comment

Gimmebreak !!! Solicitor fees

Solicitor Friends of mine recently sponsored a game of poker in Waterford Golf Club ( I know ... we pay €100 to hire the venue )

Anyway ... they have offices in Waterford & Newmarket Square, Dublin 8 ...

Dermot O Byrne or John O Donohoe ( 0872390533 )

Spoke to John now. He will take €800 off what you were quoted. Ring him now, he is expecting a call.

Comment

See above post

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                        2800 + Vat + search/registry costs. Stamp duty separate.
                                                                                        See above post

Comment

Originally posted by mijfer View Post
                                                                                          See above post
                                                                                          Ah jaysus. Don't be posting peoples mobile numbers here. Really.
                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I can't say it enough. Mata

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                              What's the view on teachers /Garda strike here?doesnt seem to be getting people quite as ruled as Lucas/bus drivers.governement threatening to stop paying Asti teachers now. Still expecting government to cave tbh
                                                                                              S hard to have an opinion unless you have a full breakdown on wages years of seeevice pensions etc. Had some woeful teachers and went to a decent school also had some great ones who deserved much more. How can the bad ones be weeded out? They have huge holidays teachers that is if you are permanent. Restoration of pay is this possible when the country is still up to our balls in debt. Guards have a much tougher job imo but they know the gig when they start not helped by a gutless judiciary who let every scum shop out on reduced sentences consistently. What age can a guard retire at? 50 in full pension till death.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                Ah jaysus. Don't be posting peoples mobile numbers here. Really.
                                                                                                It's probably the number of a tranny escort.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                  I can't say it enough. Mata
                                                                                                  Chelseas reject under Jose is Uniteds only shining light under Jose.

Mad how it works.

Comment

The thought I had recently that we wouldn't miss the police on strike is still with me. Here is a city with no police force:
                                                                                                    Betboo online bahis sitesi Türkiye’nin en iyi yabancı bahis sitelerinden birisidir. Bu siteye giriş yapabilir ve kayıt olabilirsiniz. Yüksek bahis oranlarıyla bahis bonusu da mevcut.

Mayor sounds great:
                                                                                                    With virtually no police, crime or unemployment, meet the Spanish town described as a democratic, socialist utopia

Comment

Chelseas reject under Jose is Uniteds only shining light under Jose.

Mad how it works.
                                                                                                      He's been a shining light for a good while now. Him and big Dave. I'm sick of saying Juan needs more game time. Always puts in a shift when he plays which is what United really lack. Just a pity they win this Mickey mouse game and can't do anything right in the league

Comment

If you avoid the pure piss like Gordon's and Cork, and drink with Fever Tree they're all nice. Pretty sure under blind testing everyone would be made a fool of with gin.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                          If you avoid the pure piss like Gordon's and Cork, and drink with Fever Tree they're all nice. Pretty sure under blind testing everyone would be made a fool of with gin.
                                                                                                          Gordon's is like petrol. Aldi gin @ only 15/bottle is nice.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Ice

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Just got RT flights to marseille for 34 euro. Any recommendations on hotels?

I mentioned it before but Saffron gin while not spectacular gin taste wise is very different and enjoyable

Comment

Ugh. My previously adonis-like body has developed a leak. Aortic Regurgitation. Doesn't look good at all, as in its a 'well let's hope it doesn't get worse' type of diagnosis. I was led to believe that approaching 40 was to be met with fast cars and loose women, but seemingly weakness is the real present for middle agedness.
                                                                                                                yeah - didn't you have your heart thing right after a healthy turn?

I asked him was it still okay to lift weights and he laughed gently and said 'you won't be lifting weights again, try walking though thats good exercise'. ffs. although the next appointment isn't for another year, so can't be that serious. Think its heart surgery then if it has shown any sign of advancing. Better to know i suppose rather than to be Axel Foley working it out around about a minute before dying.
                                                                                                                Jesus Hitch, sounds kinda serious. Not sure if the flippant attitude from the doc about weights is a good thing or a cause for concern.
                                                                                                                I'd be all over a second opinion tbh. But I'm also imagining trying to deal with a doctor with my basic French.

This is way too much effort but if oleras wants to make some I will happily come over and eat 7.

http://i.imgur.com/FnAbmiH.gif
                                                                                                                Yeah way too much effort for basically a saucy lasagne. Just pour the sauce over the top/ You aren't going to forget it's in there

Comment

Got a lol out of The Donald's book pile.

The books 'Clinton Cash' and also 'Extortion: How Politicians Extract Your Money, Buy Votes, and Line Their Own Pockets'.
                                                                                                                  Honourable nod though goes to 'The Universal Tone' - autobiography of Carlos Santana.

A Mexican, I'll have you know.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 27-10-16, 00:33.
                                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                    Think that's true with a lot of things but with gin I'm not so sure. A while back in ignorance I thought gin was gin, until a couple of us lashed blindly into tasting trays and made good attempts at figuring out which was which by the description. Even if it is just flavoured vodka.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 27-10-16, 00:46.

Comment

Fit for royalty, purchased this recently:

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mo...U.S._game_show)

However, one contestant in the unaired third season did answer all 21 questions truthfully to win the top prize. The contestant was Melanie Williams, a member of a secretive polygamist group. Most of the questions centered around the secrets of polygamy and what took place in the group in which Williams was a member. For $500,000, Williams' final question was whether she believed her father had sexual relations as an adult with a minor. She said she felt he did, and the lie detector determined her truthful for the grand prize.[4]

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                                                          Fit for royalty, purchased this recently:

Was very disappointed with those rebrands. Loved the dinge of turning up to a party with a bottle of

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X