This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
    Brag - Get to fly business class with Emirates and stay all incl in a 5 star hotel for free.

Beat - It's for work.

Mumbai, anything to see/do?
    Food from a vendor on a street corner and a glass of tap water maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      let's not forget the obligatory swim in the estuary

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I'd deffo be on for the street food, veggie stuff is safest and so good there. A Dosa Masala from a street vendor who is busy will be fine just be sensible.

Just get out and about and take in as much of it as you can IMO, the hotel will be the same as every other hotel anywhere.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Brag - Get to fly business class with Emirates and stay all incl in a 5 star hotel for free.

Beat - It's for work.

Eat, drink, eat, drink, eat, sleep.

Ask taxi prices in hotel and halve it to get the price you'll actually pay a tuk-tuk guy. They'll prob be quoting 10 times the price. It's pennies so don't let it bother you. Get proper taxi if any kind of long distance or traffic. Food was amazing in Delhi but bars were kinda dead. They had a new Mayor in tho that had changed the closing time to 12.00 so it was understandable. Shops weren't as cheap as I hoped for anything that you'd actually get at home. I'm sure there are some phones/tablets others here could recommend for you to bring home.

Comment

I got a call from Virgin/UPC to thank me for being a customer for ten years. Nice touch. Wouldn't get that with sky.
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Any free remotes on the go?

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                    Eat, drink, eat, drink, eat, sleep.

Ask taxi prices in hotel and halve it to get the price you'll actually pay a tuk-tuk guy. They'll prob be quoting 10 times the price. It's pennies so don't let it bother you. Get proper taxi if any kind of long distance or traffic. Food was amazing in Delhi but bars were kinda dead. They had a new Mayor in tho that had changed the closing time to 12.00 so it was understandable. Shops weren't as cheap as I hoped for anything that you'd actually get at home. I'm sure there are some phones/tablets others here could recommend for you to bring home.
                    Have a driver for the week so taxis etc won't be a problem.

Hoping bars will be late as will be working to 11.30 local most nights.

Reckon il just do a city tour on my day off and spend time at the best places.

Weather will be decent so looking forward to a swim each morning before work too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                      Any free remotes on the go?
                      They actually send a guy out anytime I want the channel changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        Was watching. Poor lad doesn't even get 2nd despite crossing the line with the horse.

Comment

Comment

So android boxes. Any recommendations? I know there has been talk before but God knows where to look.
                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Beat - It's for work.

Don't bother leaving the hotel apart from the work. Mumbai is an absolute shithole

Comment

Has anyone watched the Amanda Knox doc on netflix?

What a fuck up.

Nick Pisa is the worst kind of cunt journalist, and the prosecutor must have some sort of mental defect. Some of the shit he comes out with... so full of biases.

It was undoubtedly edited to portray it this way, but I'd struggle to see how you could frame some of the things he says in any other way than "that dude made his mind up before he even entered the house".
                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

These are great. Nom.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post

These are great. Nom.
                                    Fucken hungry now m8
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

That Tasty crowd are class tbf

Comment

&

Night

Comment

Comment

Steak was the main course after my nugget starter. Meat.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ominous voiceover guy must be so rich

Comment

This is just awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dVlpyrj2iQ
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                          He had a kid up on stage in Croker for the same song, probably about 12\13 and she sang it beautifully.
                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                            He had a kid up on stage in Croker for the same song, probably about 12\13 and she sang it beautifully.
                                                            I just love the fact the little one aged 4 knew the song , obv parents are die hard fans, so cute!
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Comment

Surprised how disappointed I am with Trumps denials. Though I've never understood his game at all

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

has this site turned into a food site. my tip would be use a second kettle to get a boiled a egg. some seem to notice though didnt pinpoint the reason for the " funky tea ".

not really a site more a thread. i seem to blank read hitch though he seems like a sound chap.
                                                                    eamon hasnt posted in awhile is it still working at the airport? that tyler guy is he a big shot photgrapher now or does he still take pictures of guys sitting in chairs?

i remember they tried a football theme thing clubs or something was silly but leave sleeping dogs lie.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                      has this site turned into a food site. my tip would be use a second kettle to get a boiled a egg. some seem to notice though didnt pinpoint the reason for the " funky tea ".

not really a site more a thread. i seem to blank read hitch though he seems like a sound chap.
                                                                      eamon hasnt posted in awhile is it still working at the airport? that tyler guy is he a big shot photgrapher now or does he still take pictures of guys sitting in chairs?

i remember they tried a football theme thing clubs or something was silly but leave sleeping dogs lie.
                                                                      Eamo is sound.

Tyler was a twat cause he got mini internet power for 5 mins, prob still one but possibly isnt. Slightly talented photographer tbf to him, loved by ipb dubs.

You must read here 24/7 and only post when on your tablets or drunk.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post

Still here m8.
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                            Starting creatine now I've reached a base level of fitness. This article says: don't be fancy about it, don't bother with loading phase, don't take it at a particular time of day or with juice etc. Seems highly sensible. Any reason why it's wrong?
                                                                            Nope. Go for it. Heavily studies and lots of evidence of benefits.

Be prepared for people say "Oh so you're on THE creatine" are you. Or compare it with steroids though.
                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Starting creatine now I've reached a base level of fitness. This article says: don't be fancy about it, don't bother with loading phase, don't take it at a particular time of day or with juice etc. Seems highly sensible. Any reason why it's wrong?
                                                                              Only thing I'll add apart from go for it is if you suffer from acne monitor it when taking creatine.
                                                                              I know a few people who suffer break outs while on certain brands.

Comment

Are you actually putting the time in in the gym? otherwise seems a bit pointless imo. Never used it myself, just used the beer and pizza method personally

Comment

[QUOTE=Hitchhiker's Guide To...;998895]Starting creatine /QUOTE]

Aaaaaaand midlife crisis in 3.....2.....1

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                    Starting creatine
                                                                                    Aaaaaaand midlife crisis in 3.....2.....1
                                                                                    yeah it doesn't really strike me as a hitch thing....
                                                                                    Can you snort creatine? Or maybe mix is with bourbon?
                                                                                    ah fair play, self improvement is masturbation as a great man once said
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

What are we going to do for entertainment when this presidential election is over?

Trump is currently parodying himself. Normally if a candidate was getting as little media attention as Clinton is they'd be furious but she must be delighted. Bizarre is the new normal.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Daft Stuff.

SPOILER

Find Houses to Share in Phibsborough, Dublin. Search 31 Houses to Share in Phibsborough, Dublin on Daft.ie now.

Property Overview:
                                                                                            Single Bedroom €450 monthly
                                                                                            6 people currently living in this house
                                                                                            House is owner occupied
                                                                                            Looking for females only (Couples not accepted)

Property Description:
                                                                                            Deposit of the monthly rent will have to be paid at the beginning of stay.
                                                                                            Please take time to read general rules of this house below.

1. General:
                                                                                            1.1 Tenant must do their part to keep and maintain cleanliness of the shared living environment and house.
                                                                                            1.2 Tenants must clean up after themselves and complete the chores assigned to them.
                                                                                            1.3 Tenants may bring guests to the house (maximal of 1 persons) however it is not preferable for the Tenant to do so. The Landlord would like to maintain a quiet environment as other Tenants are mostly students or workers who work night shifts. Guests must leave before 9.30 pm/ 21.30 hours. If this condition is not adhered to, the Tenant will be warned and if guests have stayed overnight, the Tenant is fined 50 euros.
                                                                                            1.4 All bills (electricity, gas, water bill, and internet) will be divided equally among all tenants.
                                                                                            1.5 Payment reduction of bills will only be applied if the Tenant is on holidays or not living in the house for 7 days or more.
                                                                                            1.6 Smoking is not allowed in the house.
                                                                                            1.7 Tenants must respect other residing Tenants living in the house by cleaning up after themselves, performing their duties and maintaining low levels of noise.
                                                                                            2. Kitchen:
                                                                                            2.1 Tenants must buy and use their own cooking utensils and cutlery (pots, pans, plates etc.) These will not be supplied.
                                                                                            2.2 Used or dirty plates and cutlery must not be left lying around the kitchen or beside the sink. They must be washed immediately, dried and kept in the Tenant's assigned cupboard/ space.
                                                                                            2.3 Tenants may use the cooker, oven, microwave, washing machine and drier.
                                                                                            2.4 Tenants must remove the lint or dust from the drier after each use.
                                                                                            2.5 Tenants must keep the kitchen area clean after using e.g. wiping up spills or crumbs from the countertops or table.
                                                                                            3. Toilet/Bathrooms:
                                                                                            3.1 Tenants must keep the toilet and bathroom clean after using.
                                                                                            3.2 Tenants must wipe the area around the bath after using with the provided towel.
                                                                                            3.3 Hair or dirt collected at the drain must be disposed of after showering.
                                                                                            3.4 Tenants must open the window of the bathroom after showering to allow air to circulate
                                                                                            3.5 Tenants must buy and use their own toilet paper.
                                                                                            4. Bins:
                                                                                            4.1 Tenants are each assigned to a monthly rota in which they are responsible in emptying both waste and recycle bins of the house when they are full.
                                                                                            4.2 Tenants assigned to their month are also responsible in putting out the assigned bin for that week.
                                                                                            4.3 The assigned bin due to be put out must be done the night before the morning of bin collection. The bins must also be brought back to the original place after the bins have been emptied.
                                                                                            4.4 Waste or recyclable materials must be placed in their respectable bins.

Emailed them to ask what time we get exercised in the yard.
                                                                                            Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 14-10-16, 10:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                              Daft Stuff.

How'ya Son.
                                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

So I have what can only be described as a "bubble" at the top of my xps screen. It started about a week ago and was the size of half a thumbnail, it's since become more oblong and is thicker than a thumbnail in width, though depth is only about half that size. It's definitely expanding though, a little at at a time.

Any of the PC types here know what it might be and advise as to whether I need to replace the screen or what can be done to sort it. Replacing the screen might be difficult as I'd much prefer not to drop it into a random electronics place.
                                                                                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                                  Daft Stuff.

No misunderstandings there!
                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Pray for Twink. Or maybe organise a fundraiser?

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                      So I have what can only be described as a "bubble" at the top of my xps screen. It started about a week ago and was the size of half a thumbnail, it's since become more oblong and is thicker than a thumbnail in width, though depth is only about half that size. It's definitely expanding though, a little at at a time.

Any of the PC types here know what it might be and advise as to whether I need to replace the screen or what can be done to sort it. Replacing the screen might be difficult as I'd much prefer not to drop it into a random electronics place.
                                                                                                      whatever adhesive is holding binding the lcd panel to the class a the fornt is starting to separate. How old is the XPS?

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                        whatever adhesive is holding binding the lcd panel to the class a the fornt is starting to separate. How old is the XPS?
                                                                                                        Pretty sure I got it in 2013

anything I can do to stop/slow it? Just the display that will be affected, i.e. if I bought a cheap monitor could I hook it up and it would work ok until I got a replacement sorted (for future reference)
                                                                                                        Last edited by Iago; 14-10-16, 11:48.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                            Pretty sure I got it in 2013

anything I can do to stop/slow it? Just the display that will be affected, i.e. if I bought a cheap monitor could I hook it up and it would work ok until I got a replacement sorted (for future reference)
                                                                                                            some people reporting the same kind of thing here, but these are all after pressure was put on the screen at some point
                                                                                                            Thank you for visiting the TechnologyGuide network. Unfortunately, these forums are no longer active. We extend a heartfelt thank you to the entire community for their steadfast support—it is really you, our readers, that drove

Comment

...

Comment

Pray for Twink. Or maybe organise a fundraiser?
                                                                                                                How the hell was that not repossessed years ago? Joke.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                  How the hell was that not repossessed years ago? Joke.
                                                                                                                  Tip of the iceberg.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                    some people reporting the same kind of thing here, but these are all after pressure was put on the screen at some point
                                                                                                                    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thre...screen.680728/
                                                                                                                    Seems unlikely (but not impossible) that would be the case. Was fine when I went to bed and when I got up in the morning it had started. Since then it's been on the table without the screen even being closed down and it's expanding anyway.

I thought maybe it might be overheating but it certainly seems to be more a plastic/adhesive issue than an air issue in that when the xps is off the part with the bubble looks almost blistered if that makes sense.

Comment

Yeah loads of time in the gym. Feels great! Although i've no idea how people with proper jobs and families go to the gym. Have had to carve out a decent chunk of work hours to fit it in.
                                                                                                                      Listened to an interview with Gordon D'arcy recently where now he has a real job he is caught wondering how people with real jobs find time to do anything

Made me feel a lot better about being a waster.

Really make you realize that improvement guru type fucks, can fit in all the stuff they do, cause all they do all day is say you must do stuff, to people who already do lots of stuff

Comment

...

Comment

Part of the problem is that real jobs are so out-of-date in terms of best practice. It should be grand to leave the office for a bit to run an errand, go for a jog, as it probably makes you a lot more productive for the time you are actually in the office.
                                                                                                                          that's what i do. Every day i go to the gym from 230 to 330pm. Dreading changing jobs and changing this routine. Will have to revert back to early mornings.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X