This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    A new one to mark off the list of weird ancient-sounding diseases: daughter has scabies, it seems. Just never knew there was so many things that kids could catch, and its not as if she's even particularly prone to catching stuff. Hand, foot, and mouth disease is still the funniest sounding.
    Got that in college. Basically bed bugs from ending up in some dodgy yokes bed
    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

I'd be confident that both of you will do sub 20 if you keep up the work.
      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
            Any thoughts on betting in individual states?
            Obviously most likely result at this stage is that each will hold their ~20 slam dunks and that Hillary takes enough of the swings for an unimpressive victory.

However I think its possible he implodes enough for it to veer to landslide and then some of Trumps safe states might come into play. Though a lot of these she is still only 3/1 or 4/1 for which is boring. Looking at the bigger scalps my betting eyes keep turning to Louisiana which is in Trumps top 10 safest seats, has voted red 4 in a row, and in my head is full of stereotypical rednecks who should love him. And what little opinion polls there are in such an unimportant state put him a comfortable 10pts ahead.

But on the other hand Louisiana did vote for Bill twice, and only last year they elected a Dem governor. And more importantly Hillarys price of
            SPOILER
            33/1
            means it's a bit of a punt to nothing.

Any others?
            Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
            Her VP pick is from there also.
            Er he's not. I mixed it up with Virginia where is he a senator for. Born in Minnesota.
            Seems you moved the market though, 14/1 on PP, 10/1 on betfair.
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Ufc was good craic, funny to see people sleeping at 1am.

Thought the atmosphere was class tbf.

Also seen a few lads with Ireland flags, just can't understand that at all.

Comment

ah they're great times. Would you find that you'd run much faster doing 5k by yourself compared to the parkrun. Like would say 24m solo be the equiv of maybe 25m in a parkrun?
                I tend to run faster @ parkrun actually, motivation is stronger. Although I rarely use the tracking app so can't really tell. Plus, I mostly run with a neighbour during the week and run a slower pace.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I have a hangover
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                    I have a hangover
                    Me too. Not sure how it happened.

Comment

Ireland wales double enhanced from evs to 11/8 on PP. Seems decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        I tend to run faster @ parkrun actually, motivation is stronger. Although I rarely use the tracking app so can't really tell. Plus, I mostly run with a neighbour during the week and run a slower pace.
                        This is me except replace parkrun with treadmill.

Love running beside some smarmy fit bastard - yeah you win but fuck you buddy Im gonna give you a run for your money.
                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

In terms of workplace luxuries, is there anything better than having the office to yourself!? No one to bug you, no IM windows popping up every 5 mins with questions you've already answered a thousand times. No need to explain it and smugly pointing to the search tool in your IM application. Free run of the coffee machine, sports streams in the background or music if you like.

Yes its Sunday... but man, I get so so much more done when I'm left alone.

Comment

Mo Rocca does some digging into the Reagan wit and uncovers a treasure trove of jokes - many written by the man himself - in a very humorous look back on a p...
                            Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 09-10-16, 15:20.

Comment

those fecking kids keep infecting each other with their filth! She had lice maybe 10 times last year. Maybe the French just need to shower a bit more.
                              LOL! Weren't you the one here asking was it ok to shower once a week??? Ya filthy animal. Lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                  In terms of workplace luxuries, is there anything better than having the office to yourself!? No one to bug you, no IM windows popping up every 5 mins with questions you've already answered a thousand times. No need to explain it and smugly pointing to the search tool in your IM application. Free run of the coffee machine, sports streams in the background or music if you like.

Had a quiet run of gettin stuff done this afternoon and grabbing a flight down to the kingdom now. Nice to get a productive run going but it's a bit shit to be missing half the weekend with my child. In a few years time I'll just be delighted with the break but she's a great laugh at the minute!
                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Airbnb: you have 35 euro credit. Your friend John has travelled on airbnb.

Nice one John, not sure which John it is here. Pint behind the bar for you when I see you.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

This is me and i dont think there is. I think this is worth 20k per year min. To see some of these open plan work places with all sorts of personalities and office politics make me sick at the thought.

Comment

Bit of a long shot - I've ended up with two tickets for the Connacht-Toulouse game next Saturday (good ones too, in the sold out new seated stand) and won't go as I've had an engagement sprung on me in Dublin that I can't miss.

The tickets are worth €75 but will let them go for €60 if anyone here is interested or knows someone who is; get in touch if so.

Comment

Airbnb: you have 35 euro credit. Your friend John has travelled on airbnb.

Nice one John, not sure which John it is here. Pint behind the bar for you when I see you.
                                          Hi m8,

AirBnB was great and is now going to be my go to. Cheers for saving me some money too.

Also what a great time to go to the UK, practically making money.

Comment

Meh, Wales drawing makes it alllll okay.
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Savage stuff Georgia.

Comment

We're really blessed with how average our group is, including us too obv but Wales completely duping the ranking system last few years played right in our favour.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                  This is me and i dont think there is. I think this is worth 20k per year min. To see some of these open plan work places with all sorts of personalities and office politics make me sick at the thought.
                                                  I used to start late work later all the time as I got so much done in an empty office, and wanted to translate that to remote working
                                                  It's a vicious circle though.
                                                  I lack the discipline to avoid distractions (admittedly a 7 month old is a proper distraction ), so I end up working longer and I feel bad about not working earlier and then feel bad about ignoring wife and baby and then dont apply myself and then get frustrated I cannot ignore distractions so end up working longer.....

Also, having the wife believe working from home is not really working and I can just homer simpson it with a dipping bird doesnt help
                                                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 09-10-16, 18:44.
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

#RIUAHWG

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                        I used to start late work later all the time as I got so much done in an empty office, and wanted to translate that to remote working
                                                        It's a vicious circle though.
                                                        I lack the discipline to avoid distractions (admittedly a 7 month old is a proper distraction ), so I end up working longer and I feel bad about not working earlier and then feel bad about ignoring wife and baby and then dont apply myself and then get frustrated I cannot ignore distractions so end up working longer.....

Also, having the wife believe working from home is not really working and I can just homer simpson it with a dipping bird doesnt help
                                                        Agree and ive put a limit on my most regular pop-ins. The frequency was getting a bit much to a degree i was doing more entertaining than working so its a 1 visit limit a day now. They hate me for it but they still pop in regularly every day.

Comment

Well bugger

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                            Well bugger
                                                            George bbved us with all the talk about how great all the other results were for us,it's the 3rd round of matches ffs

Comment

We're proper bottling this so far in the 2nd half

Comment

putrid stuff

Comment

We are so bad.

Comment

every other game in the group going our way and we manage to do this shit

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                      We're proper bottling this so far in the 2nd half
                                                                      Still, our fans are no doubt admiring the Soviet-era architecture of Chisinau

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

George gonna really try bbv the fuck out of us for the rest of this match. Danger here, danger here, danger here.

Comment

Can a mod lock this for like 17 minutes

Comment

Comment

Comment

Vintage Kitchen on Thursday night just gone. Maybe it's my imagination but the portions seemed to be bigger than before

Duck Liver Creme
                                                                                Prawn Chili Risotto
                                                                                Atlantic Cod
                                                                                Lamb Shanks
                                                                                Half baked chocolate cake
                                                                                & Fruit crumble were the six courses devoured by myself and Mrs LaoLao for only €68. It really is incredible value for the quality of the food.

Was talking to Sean after the meal and booked a table for two for the next available Saturday, on 5th August 2017!! Mental stuff altogether but still booked

Senior Duke, you might want to book our January 2018 outing in the next few weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                  Vintage Kitchen on Thursday night just gone. Maybe it's my imagination but the portions seemed to be bigger than before

Duck Liver Creme
                                                                                  Prawn Chili Risotto
                                                                                  Atlantic Cod
                                                                                  Lamb Shanks
                                                                                  Half baked chocolate cake
                                                                                  & Fruit crumble were the six courses devoured by myself and Mrs LaoLao for only €68. It really is incredible value for the quality of the food.

Was talking to Sean after the meal and booked a table for two for the next available Saturday, on 5th August 2017!! Mental stuff altogether but still booked

Senior Duke, you might want to book our January 2018 outing in the next few weeks!
                                                                                  Let's maybe get the 2017 dinner out of the way first
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...

Comment

They think it's Moldova...it Chisnau
                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Westworld ep 2 dropped early.
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

I'm thinking of changing my main yearly distance-based running goal to a snappier, speed-based goal.

Since BabyHiFi was born i have a lot less time for weekend running but the 7K run into work has been a good inclusion to my repertoire a few times a week. I though i'd hate city running but it has lots of upsides to temper the downsides.

This is the first year i haven't broken a PB and i'm feeling older, heavier and slower (the BabyHiFi factor!)

So i'm seriously thinking about joining a Park Run and working on 5k speed for a year with all other running (7Ks, 10ks, the odd half marathon) feeding into that.

Oddly conflicted about this but the positive park run vibes here might be tipping the balance.

Comment

Ever get the impression Martin O Neill really doesn't like Tony O Donoghue

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                              Westworld ep 2 dropped early.
                                                                                              It was available yesterday. Really hating the soundtrack. The orchestral version of 'Paint it Black' was shitty enough in the first episode. Having a piano playing Radioheads 'No Surprises' can just fuck right off.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                It was available yesterday. Really hating the soundtrack. The orchestral version of 'Paint it Black' was shitty enough in the first episode. Having a piano playing Radioheads 'No Surprises' can just fuck right off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7URLxlxVg6o
                                                                                                Are u out of wine Collie ??
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                  Are u out of wine Collie ??
                                                                                                  No. But it made me think of what pisses me most of all. And it's people making a right turn from Macken Street onto Pearse Street. It's a perfectly legal maneuver, it just shouldn't be.
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                    No flies on you.

Comment

Who is the guy that commentates on the gaa/hurling? It's odd hearing him commentate on a footie match.

Seems that it ended Wales 2-0 : 2-0 Georgia.

Comment

He's a cunt tbf.

Comment

Who is the guy that commentates on the gaa/hurling? It's odd hearing him commentate on a footie match.

Seems that it ended Wales 2-0 : 2-0 Georgia.
                                                                                                          Ger Canning m8

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                            I'm thinking of changing my main yearly distance-based running goal to a snappier, speed-based goal.

Since BabyHiFi was born i have a lot less time for weekend running but the 7K run into work has been a good inclusion to my repertoire a few times a week. I though i'd hate city running but it has lots of upsides to temper the downsides.

This is the first year i haven't broken a PB and i'm feeling older, heavier and slower (the BabyHiFi factor!)

So i'm seriously thinking about joining a Park Run and working on 5k speed for a year with all other running (7Ks, 10ks, the odd half marathon) feeding into that.

Oddly conflicted about this but the positive park run vibes here might be tipping the balance.
                                                                                                            Ah definitely join one, my Saturdays and by extension, my lifestyle have changed immensely since starting parkrun, it's such a great experience.

It's funny though, I've been thinking about concentrating more on distance based goals, especially since I've recently figured out and discovered my comfortable pace, but I think I'm settling on hitting my 5k target first.

Comment

Gonna be GREAT Wonderful tremendous people tell me they say its gonna be tremendous wonderful gonna be meltdown wonderful my wonderful dick is as big as my tremendous chubby fingers tremendous bill loves to grope tremendous pussy like I do pretty pussy wonderful gonna be great
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

hmmm

Britain is seeking to shift the frontline of immigration controls to Ireland’s ports and airports to avoid having to introduce a “hard border” between north and south after the UK leaves the European Union, the Guardian has learned.

The Northern Ireland secretary, James Brokenshire, has told the Guardian that London and Dublin will work to strengthen Ireland’s external borders in order to combat illegal migration into the UK once it leaves the European Union.

In an interview, Brokenshire said there was now a “high level of collaboration on a joint programme of work” between the two states to control immigration.
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                  No. But it made me think of what pisses me most of all. And it's people making a right turn from Macken Street onto Pearse Street. It's a perfectly legal maneuver, it just shouldn't be.
                                                                                                                  I had two car accidents in my life, both my fault and both at that junction.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    Gonna be GREAT Wonderful tremendous people tell me they say its gonna be tremendous wonderful gonna be meltdown wonderful my wonderful dick is as big as my tremendous chubby fingers tremendous bill loves to grope tremendous pussy like I do pretty pussy wonderful gonna be great
                                                                                                                    https://youtu.be/pPaEdvCs1C8

Comment

Mare ran well SP.

Comment

Have four different pills to take after a root canal thing last Monday. Three of them taste rather like effervescent candy, but then there is a strongish painkiller called Tramadol that tastes horrific. All just made sense now as realised the other pills are rather harmless antibiotics and anti-inflamatory meds, but guess Tramadol tastes horrible on purpose so a kid who takes it accidentally will spit it out. Presume that's a general pattern. (a) kinda smart, (b) #mildlyinteresting
                                                                                                                        It's an opiate isn't it? I'd imagine it just tastes gash naturally in that case.
                                                                                                                        Hey Paul, I run in Griffeen Lucan, it's a two lap course, really nice, a couple of bridges and a small bit of woodland. Really great group of regulars too.

Yeah, I know I can do better, really looking forward to busting through that pb, it's such a great feeling.
                                                                                                                        How does the timing work in parkrun?
                                                                                                                        If I turn up to a local run when I'm next home. Can I run and get a time. I might do that at Xmas in that case. Also Lucan btw.
                                                                                                                        5km is about the max I run without getting distracted. But can't even remember the last time I made it past 3km.

49-46 judge clearly out on the lash beforehand
                                                                                                                        Hendo only landed that one late shot in the second. It shouldn't automatically cancel out the 4mins of dominance for Bisping.
                                                                                                                        I scored it 49-47

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                          How does the timing work in parkrun?
                                                                                                                          If I turn up to a local run when I'm next home. Can I run and get a time. I might do that at Xmas in that case. Also Lucan btw.
                                                                                                                          5km is about the max I run without getting distracted. But can't even remember the last time I made it past 3km.
                                                                                                                          Register yourself on parkrun, here's the Aussie site. You'll get a barcode that you can print off, bring that with you*.

A timekeeper will record your time when you cross the finish line and you'll get a position token, also with a barcode. Another volunteer then scans your token and your barcode, then your name is allocated to that position/time.

*Keep it in your car, they're a bastard to scan if they're crumpled or wet.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X