This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    cracked.com for list based timewasting, that is usually not just click bait.
    David Wong and Sean Baby usually do decent articles

or you know, actually work
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      cracked.com for list based timewasting, that is usually not just click bait.
      David Wong and Sean Baby usually do decent articles

or you know, actually work
      Cracked has gone massively downhill in recent years. Wong always good and the guy who does the cartoon stuff (Winston rowntree). But way more clixkbaity rubbish then before

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
        In fairness none of the above applies to Dom as I'm sure he's merely trying to extract himself from a co-property investment from the boom times in an effort to secure a new home for himself and the Mrs.
        Pretty much exactly this. If we didn't have to eat a 100k loss by selling I'd happily do that. I have no problem living where I am now as we have enough room and a location I like, but still investigating options. We have a tracker and are reducing the capital by about 1650 a month as things stand by overpaying. My main pain point is that because I live there and the other lad moved out years ago, we agreed that I'd essentially pay him to not rent out the room he left as I'm not living with strangers.

It's a bad deal for me in hindsight, and 4 years later getting only more annoying, so this would be a good way to overcome that as well as overcoming the limitations and drawbacks of apartment living. It's hard on a sensible budget though, even with decent (but lower than it really should be) savings to find a good house in a convenient area. Long commutes are something we both really want to avoid.

Comment

Trump shatters GOP records with small donors

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
            Both of them came from awful Mayo defending...the second OG came from the whole full back line switching off and Connolly hitting the best pass I've ever seen to Dean Rock.
            Two things on my favourite hate figure... the second og wasn't awful defending, the defender was plenty close enough to cope with any normal ball in... that was just amazing from the scumbag... the only moment of pure quality in the game should have been the moment of the season, the decade or all time. You cannot blame the defender for that but you could talk about Rock making a dogs bollocks of it because it was him and only him that ruined the moment.

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
            4. You have to take the good with the bad... He makes that kick enough times for it to be a justifiable risk. I don't agree with what he did, but I understand it.
            I think we'd need to see some evidence of what his % are from that spot, never mind at the end of a game in those conditions. 90% + probability that his arrogance cost you an All Ireland.
            That kind of arrogance might just cost Dublin a replay.

Did any underdog ever win a significant GAA Replay
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Dong Lover new show Atlanta

3 episodes in and it has been brilliant so far,

CLICK HERE TO BUY SONG: http://amzn.to/2rl7a8zNEW ATLANTA PROMO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNhSK2CBdw4NEW CHILDISH GAMBINO MUSIC 2016 - http://bit.ly/28...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                Pretty much exactly this. If we didn't have to eat a 100k loss by selling I'd happily do that. I have no problem living where I am now as we have enough room and a location I like, but still investigating options. We have a tracker and are reducing the capital by about 1650 a month as things stand by overpaying. My main pain point is that because I live there and the other lad moved out years ago, we agreed that I'd essentially pay him to not rent out the room he left as I'm not living with strangers.

It's a bad deal for me in hindsight, and 4 years later getting only more annoying, so this would be a good way to overcome that as well as overcoming the limitations and drawbacks of apartment living. It's hard on a sensible budget though, even with decent (but lower than it really should be) savings to find a good house in a convenient area. Long commutes are something we both really want to avoid.
                In the event you move out and get to keep your tracker the interest expenses will be very low. In fact you'd much prefer to switch your tracker to a new PPR and take out a new mortgage on the apartment as that "investment" will allow you to expense the higher interest cost than have all the higher mortgage costs on the new home.

This is very unlikely to happen but you could ask the mortgage provider anyway...

Overpaying the capital really doesn't make sense though. You should be saving funds as quickly as possible to meet your future purchase needs not overpaying capital on the underwater apartment. The cost of your current mortgage is very low and you are going to need to let that play out over a number of years regardless of what you do...

Better to have sufficient funds to secure the new home you want and let the under water investment property unwind over time.

I'm not sure if you necessarily got a bad deal with your investment partner. You are effectively paying a mortgage on your 50% of the property and have 50% of the negative equity and you are renting the rest of the apartment for lifestyle reasons - in a place where you are currently happy to live (plus I assume your Mrs has moved in!) . That's not a bad deal but if your view on where you want to live has/is changing then it may feel like it is I guess but that can be resolved by either renting somewhere new yourself and letting the apartment in full, or letting the apartment and buying if you can swing sufficient mortgage for your needs and that you are comfortable with.
                Last edited by V for Vendetta; 19-09-16, 15:05.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    Two things on my favourite hate figure... the second og wasn't awful defending, the defender was plenty close enough to cope with any normal ball in... that was just amazing from the scumbag... the only moment of pure quality in the game should have been the moment of the season, the decade or all time. You cannot blame the defender for that but you could talk about Rock making a dogs bollocks of it because it was him and only him that ruined the moment.

I think we'd need to see some evidence of what his % are from that spot, never mind at the end of a game in those conditions. 90% + probability that his arrogance cost you an All Ireland.
                    That kind of arrogance might just cost Dublin a replay.

Did any underdog ever win a significant GAA Replay

The funniest thing about it was connolly had to violently wrestle the ball out of his team mates hand to take that sideline and he did it in a hurry ,with 30 secs left,as if they were the ones down a point. He cost them winning the AI yest,unfortunately they will prob stroll the reolay

Comment

Comment

Sanders did a pretty good job too.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                          In the event you move out and get to keep your tracker the interest expenses will be very low. In fact you'd much prefer to switch your tracker to a new PPR and take out a new mortgage on the apartment as that "investment" will allow you to expense the higher interest cost than have all the higher mortgage costs on the new home.

This is very unlikely to happen but you could ask the mortgage provider anyway...

Overpaying the capital really doesn't make sense though. You should be saving funds as quickly as possible to meet your future purchase needs not overpaying capital on the underwater apartment. The cost of your current mortgage is very low and you are going to need to let that play out over a number of years regardless of what you do...

Better to have sufficient funds to secure the new home you want and let the under water investment property unwind over time.

I'm not sure if you necessarily got a bad deal with your investment partner. You are effectively paying a mortgage on your 50% of the property and have 50% of the negative equity and you are renting the rest of the apartment for lifestyle reasons - in a place where you are currently happy to live (plus I assume your Mrs has moved in!) . That's not a bad deal but if your view on where you want to live has/is changing then it may feel like it is I guess but that can be resolved by either renting somewhere new yourself and letting the apartment in full, or letting the apartment and buying if you can swing sufficient mortgage for your needs and that you are comfortable with.
                          Ya, in hindsight overpaying isn't the best idea when there might be the possibility of having to borrow elsewhere to buy, but this is only a recent train of thought. The idea was to get rid of the debt as quickly as possible as I don't like owing money.

In the near future I could pay off my bit of the mortgage (I've already discussed with my mate) and having only the rent bit to pay each month. While interest rates are so low that would be silly though. I don't really want to take on a new mortgage, even one of 70% ltv at this stage either,so I don't like any of my options.

Comment

I think AIB offer to retain a tracker+1%juice bringing an outstanding balance onto a new PPR, if there are more funds required, they are at a separate/current APR.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Ya, in hindsight overpaying isn't the best idea when there might be the possibility of having to borrow elsewhere to buy, but this is only a recent train of thought. The idea was to get rid of the debt as quickly as possible as I don't like owing money.

In the near future I could pay off my bit of the mortgage (I've already discussed with my mate) and having only the rent bit to pay each month. While interest rates are so low that would be silly though. I don't really want to take on a new mortgage, even one of 70% ltv at this stage either,so I don't like any of my options.
                              The other issue is being exposed to your mate's future earning stream (or potential lack thereof). Hence if you pay off "your" half early if he decides to do a runner, take up a drug habit, get's fired and can't get another job etc. - you're still exposed for the rest of the mortgage outstanding and will have little negotiation power given you've proven yourself to be a good mark to date...

You are going to be in debt for quite some time whatever you do so you better get used to the idea and do your best to manage the risks not simply aim for as little debt as possible as quickly as possible. Too many well meaning citizens have had their financial ass handed to them with that approach.
                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                Paddy Power refunding a lot of match bets (win, win margin, scorecast) from yesterday. Refunds as free bets but better than nothing.

Not refunding first goalscorer or paying out on Brogan - the clints.
                                Had a significant bet on Mayo, luckily with PP. Free bet expires this Sunday and you don't get the free bet stake back if you win but a great offer to be fair.

Comment

Ah little fear of him being out of work or doing a runner. Famous last words, etc. obviously, but not likely at all. As I said just an option anyhow, even if not an attractive one for now. If I stay put though and interest rates go back to 4% or so though, it'll appear better.

You're saying that it might be better potentially to move to a worse mortgage interest rate in order to avoid paying tax on a bigger portion of rent? Interesting, and not something I'd have ever considered.

Comment

Ah little fear of him being out of work or doing a runner. Famous last words, etc. obviously, but not likely at all. As I said just an option anyhow, even if not an attractive one for now. If I stay put though and interest rates go back to 4% or so though, it'll appear better.

You're saying that it might be better potentially to move to a worse mortgage interest rate in order to avoid paying tax on a bigger portion of rent? Interesting, and not something I'd have ever considered.
                                    I hope so too...I had a client who picked up a great investment property in the crash in 2009 with a few mates. Unfortunately things continued to fall in value for this particular investment and it turned out that his 3 mates hadn't a pot to piss in. The bank pursued him ruthlessly and he couldn't hide his assets. Meh probably not an issue for you but still it's something to keep in mind. Shit happens to the best of us.

All I'm saying in relation to the debt side of things is to have the best value available debt in the best place in your portfolio - both from an overall tax position and from a future risk perspective.

The total debt should be the same but having more of it on the investment property (and the more expensive debt if possible) helps from an income tax and future risk exposure perspective as a PPR held in tandem with your Spouse will enjoy much greater legal protection so equity in a PPR will enjoy much greater protection in the future.

Comment

Nice flip flop by Martin here - http://www.irishtimes.com/news/polit...rges-1.2796916

I am looking forward to the discussion that we will use public money for water but give rebates to people who dont use much.

Comment

Ah I don't blame Rock too much for not holding it. On a day like that I'd say the ball came at him like a Scud missile.

We can agree on one thing at least, it was the best pass I have ever seen in any Gaelic football match without question.
                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                          Nice flip flop by Martin here - http://www.irishtimes.com/news/polit...rges-1.2796916

I am looking forward to the discussion that we will use public money for water but give rebates to people who dont use much.
                                          FF are rolling out a populist new line every week.

Last week: "abolish water charges"
                                          This week: "Increase the OAP"

Next week I am betting on something for FTBs. Election coming, the treacherous bunch of shit that they are. Has everyone actually forgotten what they did last time?
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                            Paddy Power refunding a lot of match bets (win, win margin, scorecast) from yesterday. Refunds as free bets but better than nothing.

Not refunding first goalscorer or paying out on Brogan - the clints.
                                            I had a small bet on Dublin with the handicap. No dice on the refund there though

Comment

If people get a chance go catch this at a hipster cinema near you. Heavily Wes Anderson influenced, funniest film I've seen this year.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

This blatant sexism won't stand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                  If people get a chance go catch this at a hipster cinema near you. Heavily Wes Anderson influenced, funniest film I've seen this year.
                                                  Confirmed. Wonderful and very funny film.

Comment

Have it queued up for the last few weeks and just haven't had the chance to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                      Confirmed. Wonderful and very funny film.
                                                      Never heard of the director, gonna have to check out his back collection if that's the standard to be expected.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Never heard of the director, gonna have to check out his back collection if that's the standard to be expected.
                                                        What we do in the shadows. Haven't seen that myself, but it was that that prompted the person I went with to see it. The director was the priest in the film talking about "the doors".

Comment

What we do in the shadows. Haven't seen that myself, but it was that that prompted the person I went with to see it. The director was the priest in the film talking about "the doors".
                                                          It's a brilliant film. Will 've off to see the new one some evening

Comment

This years University Challenge is going to be a Nerd Off between Chaudri and Monkman

Comment

This years University Challenge is going to be a Nerd Off between Chaudri and Monkman
                                                              That was a spectacular finish to the end. The guy carrying the losing team on his shoulders was excellent.

Comment

Guy actually made me uneasy watching him.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                  That was a spectacular finish to the end. The guy carrying the losing team on his shoulders was excellent.
                                                                  Older lady not listening to the question did them in.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                      Older lady not listening to the question did them in.
                                                                      Herself and SP were crap

Comment

Monkmans bully didn't do a good enough job.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                          PP have Mayo 6/5 minus three, I haven't looked elsewhere burlt I'll lay 6/4 to a grand.
                                                                          I may have had a drink or two, It was Dublin who were 6/5 and Mayo 10/11. Phew there were no takers . Will lay evens.

12 more sleeps.

Comment

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post

Originally posted by Michéal Martin
                                                                                We're not into optics, we're into action

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    Guy asks:

Its shocking the amount of people including me who's first thought is (feel free to try this at home before clicking; but you've thought of the exact same person as me unless you brush past the first name that occurs to you to think of something deeper):

SPOILER
                                                                                    Dyson

like the inventor of fcking a vacuum cleaner
                                                                                    The 2 most obvious answers to me are him and
                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                    Clive Sinclair

Comment

Guy asks:

Its shocking the amount of people including me who's first thought is (feel free to try this at home before clicking; but you've thought of the exact same person as me unless you brush past the first name that occurs to you to think of something deeper):

SPOILER
                                                                                      Dyson

Honest first thought in to my mind was:

SPOILER
                                                                                      Steve Jobs
                                                                                      The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Guy asks:

SPOILER
                                                                                        Dyson

More shocked at my interpretation of modern. Only name that sprang to mind was
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        Thomas Edison
                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Guy asks:

SPOILER
                                                                                          Dyson

I think its the word 'inventor' - its something we associate with fuzzy headed fictional characters like Caractacus Potts creating generally useless household items in his shed, and
                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                          Dyson
                                                                                          kinda fitted this stereotype at one stage.

Comment

...

Comment

Dyson is no more an inventor than Jessica fucking Alba whoever the fuck she is.

Tim Berners Lee or Trevor Bayliss

Comment

I invented the tren smiley which you all have used you bastards

Comment

Dyson is no more an inventor than Jessica fucking Alba whoever the fuck she is.

Tim Berners Lee or Trevor Bayliss
                                                                                                  Lol that you spell Jessica Alba's name correctly, and then do Trevor Baylis wrong. Like you're not an Alba fan

Comment

I like how he always said 'Saunders' instead of Sanders for Bernie. I couldn't decide if he was trolling or not but it gave me a smile everytime.

I also see a post from way back referring to the 'Larry Saunders show'

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                                      I like how he always said 'Saunders' instead of Sanders for Bernie. I couldn't decide if he was trolling or not but it gave me a smile everytime.

Is this Hitchikers obituary? Did I miss something? Really would suit him

Comment

Also reminds me of Jerry Seinfield

Pat Kenny tangles with Jerry Seinfeld, or Jerry Seinfield as Kenny continuously calls him. Surreal TV!

Don't remember Kenny being that heavy.

Comment

Moving to Sky Digital from Virgin, the loss of BT Sports was the final push, will be two HD boxes all the sports channels and probably the top spec broadband if there is a deal, if not we will keep Virgin. Any pro tips out there for getting the best deal? SatNav?

Comment

Just finished season 1 of peaky blinders, outstanding drama.

The only good thing about being behind the curve is 2 more seasons to binge on.
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                                                Moving to Sky Digital from Virgin, the loss of BT Sports was the final push, will be two HD boxes all the sports channels and probably the top spec broadband if there is a deal, if not we will keep Virgin. Any pro tips out there for getting the best deal? SatNav?
                                                                                                                Why in the world would you not just get a dreambox

Comment

lol, more of those required.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                                    Because I'd rather be guaranteed both service and quality level, rather than have some dodgy box go when there is a group around to watch a match because I'm trying to be cute hoar.

Comment

lol, more of those required.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                                        Tell me more. In a new house, landlord won't permit a satellite to be installed which leaves virgin (no bt) or Eir (lol).

We've a dodgy box thing at home but it uses a satellite.

Comment

I'm glad you thought of me m8

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X