X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
    What were the terms of the plan?
    what you mean, I am totally clueless. 3 yrs or 5 yrs plans, is that what you mean?

sent you a PM
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Max you can afford Satnav. These are normally great deals, and sky is almost like a utility (but without regulation to keep down its profits). Any sort of discount is free money.
        Ah the good old days when they told me the same thing about boi shares. I actually still have them lol. At least I only had a few hundred. My boss had over 10000 and never sold a single one (worth over 200k at the time) .

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
            Ah the good old days when they told me the same thing about boi shares. I actually still have them lol. At least I only had a few hundred. My boss had over 10000 and never sold a single one (worth over 200k at the time) .
            I am just thinking if they arnt worth anything, I get all my money / savings back. never saved a penny in my life
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
              Those Chelsea sides were better.
              In the last ten seasons:

Barcelona: 6 leagues, 3 CL

Chelsea: 2 leagues, 1 CL

Odd definition of 'better'. Presumably you mean 'worse'.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                In the last ten seasons:

Barcelona: 6 leagues, 3 CL

Chelsea: 2 leagues, 1 CL

Odd definition of 'better'. Presumably you mean 'worse'.
                Chelsea didn't play in La Liga so that point means absolutely nothing. You're trying but just need to up your game a little.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  Live Chase!!
                  Big rig with Toxic waste currently involved in high (low) speed chase

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrcqRks_zZc
                  Just in time for the parking

Comment

Oh there's going to be fun ahead in athletics. Russian hackers get access to (seemingly all) WADA files and are leaking them bit by bit, presumably as revenge for Russia being banned over doping.

First up - the butch Williams duo are stuffed to the gullets with banned drugs due to special therapeutic exemptions:

https://www.rt.com/sport/359215-wada...illiams-biles/
                    Brilliant hopefully will expose the hypocrisy of Brits and yanks harumphing about Russia's drug programs. One time for No and Sir Druggo.
                    Russian hackers really have been doing us westerners some solid service recently.

Comment

Lol scenes in the Arsenal game. How Giroud gets sent off there is mind boggling

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                        what you mean, I am totally clueless. 3 yrs or 5 yrs plans, is that what you mean?

sent you a PM
                        I am more clueless...no one has less clues than me.

Comment

I am just thinking if they arnt worth anything, I get all my money / savings back. never saved a penny in my life
                          So the way it usually works is you save up for (3 to 5 years) and then with that lump sum you are given the option to buy the shares at a certain price. Usually the price is discounted - sometimes up to 20%.

Once the shares are bought though - you can absolutely lose money the same as any other shareholder.

You will still pay CGT on the sales in most cases but there are certain tax benefits from holding shares for a certain amount of time/ disposing them through certain means.

It should say it in the plan text, send that on to me and I'll have a gawk for ya.
                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Chelsea didn't play in La Liga so that point means absolutely nothing. You're trying but just need to up your game a little.
                            They did play in the CL. One title for Chelsea, three for Barca.

In terms of score, that's quite one-sided.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              They did play in the CL. One title for Chelsea, three for Barca.

In terms of score, that's quite one-sided.
                              The lizards who live under UEFA HQ paid a lot of refs to deny Chelsea many CL titles. It's plain as day, open your eyes m8

Comment

Don't mistake a broker or sales person for a financial advisor. That's all i Know.

Comment

The lizards who live under UEFA HQ paid a lot of refs to deny Chelsea many CL titles. It's plain as day, open your eyes m8
                                  That would make football interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                    Lol scenes in the Arsenal game. How Giroud gets sent off there is mind boggling
                                    Just happy Arsenal got out of there with a point. Didn't deserve it one little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                      Just happy Arsenal got out of there with a point. Didn't deserve it one little bit.
                                      Only had one eye on it on laptop but the red was laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                        That would make football interesting!
                                        What's your story m8, what was for tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post
                                          Masters program kicking off in Smurfit Business school around now, I think, in case it interests anyone.
                                          Planning on starting that part time this time next year, finishing it in 2019 will suit perfectly with a cross roads in my current career and hopefully give me serious options.
                                          The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Is there a specific masters for working in those aviation companies?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                              Is there a specific masters for working in those aviation companies?
                                              UCD version
                                              The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Any recommendations for hotels in Prague or any must do / must see things?

Heading there in December for the Christmas markets for Mrs Lao's b-day

Comment

I hate flying but would like to be a pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                    Any recommendations for hotels in Prague or any must do / must see things?

Heading there in December for the Christmas markets for Mrs Lao's b-day
                                                    The Sex Museum is great crack , deffo do it some sneer. ye will enjoy it
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Out of curiousity V4V, when you say these aviation guys earn serious wedge, how much are you talking ballpark? 250k?

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                        Anyone know what is best to use to insert a speech bubble onto an image?
                                                        Sheriff's star in paint.

Comment

Sticking up the remake poster is offensive and ban worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                            Out of curiousity V4V, when you say these aviation guys earn serious wedge, how much are you talking ballpark? 250k?
                                                            I think its a standard broker arrangement so around 10% commission. is in engine leasing anyway maybe there is a bigger slice somewhere else. but some of the contract can be very lucractive. Its a big industry in profit terms but not so much in numbers it employs some companies may only have 3 people in a "head office ". Then a shift in tax breaks and they wouldnt be here in the morning. Its probably just as easy to get this type of work from an accountancy background and getting in with some crowd. Like any newish masters hard to know if it fits what they are looking for. Of course the colleges are going to say its the best thing since slice bread. Looking at that course outline nothing you wouldnt pick up after a bit of on the job training. You basically broker contracts you will learn as you go.

I seen similar course to these masters offered years ago were more condensed like 12 weeks or so and around 5k. Maybe they need higher qualified people on entering i dont know but id be wary of forking out on a masters from ucd/ul unless branching from accountancy might be screwed over with empty promises.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                              8 - 0
                                                              Don't normally quote myself. But oh so close
                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Mugsy you went to Africa there recently or was it someone else?

Comment

yeah namibia. why?

wouldnt recommend but i didnt live like a tourist

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                    Sticking up the remake poster is offensive and ban worthy.
                                                                    It's better than the original.

Comment

I hate flying but would like to be a pilot.
                                                                      I got my ride. I can't take passengers though. So no commercial flying. It's for the best I am a bit mental.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                        yeah namibia. why?

wouldnt recommend but i didnt live like a tourist
                                                                        Trip report m8. Dont have to detail your trip, tell ua about Namibia.

Comment

I got my ride. I can't take passengers though. So no commercial flying. It's for the best I am a bit mental.
                                                                          I'm starting to think you're an alt of myself and I've gone bi polar.

Comment

I got my ride. ...

Comment

Id go 250 max but I genuinely dont have a clue about shares, all I know is you cant lose money and tbh Im like a hitch ,I just spend every penny of my wages on shite and save fuck all so really maybe its time i copped on and this could be a good opportunity?
                                                                              Might do a deal where you pick 500 and I'll buy half of them
                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I'm starting to think you're an alt of myself and I've gone bi polar.
                                                                                Not far off.

Comment

Not far off.
                                                                                  They are looking at us. All of them.

Comment

They are looking at us. All of them.
                                                                                    No it's just the three of us looking at each other. And sometimes satnav...it's goona be ok. No one else is here.

It's only you and you know that I ...am you.

Comment

No it's just the three of us looking at each other. And sometimes satnav...it's goona be ok. No one else is here.

It's only you and you know that I ...am you.
                                                                                      Get me water so and upgrade my sky to everywhere satnav. If you can't look after yourself then who can ya look after.

Comment

Get me water so and upgrade my sky to everywhere satnav. If you can't look after yourself then who can ya look after.
                                                                                        We only have myself to count on!

Comment

Class.

Breaking News, Latest News and Current News from FOXNews.com. Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.

5:38 now have Hillary's lead down to .1 and .4% in Florida and Ohio. Move those two and it's President The Donald
                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Good to have South Park back
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...

Comment

If the cars and watches I see around the place are anything to go by that sounds about right. May be on the low side for the sales folk.

Its a very high pressure environment though. Also the first industry I've worked in that tends to just fire under performers.

It's serious money but they do seem to seriously earn it. Good job for a couple of years but no more I would think.

Comment

Hmm so Simone Biles has been taking something like ritalin seemingly legally. That seems a bit dodge given the extra focus that medicine gives and that it is usually a flimsily diagnosed underlying 'illness'
                                                                                                  America gives Ritalin to their kids like it's M&Ms.

Louis Theroux's doc is now old but I can't imagine it's changed much.
                                                                                                  This Theroux doc. is called “America’s Medicated Kids”. It is a disturbing look at the ever-increasing number of mental disorders now diagnosed…

Big Pharma

Comment

Hmm so Simone Biles has been taking something like ritalin seemingly legally. That seems a bit dodge given the extra focus that medicine gives and that it is usually a flimsily diagnosed underlying 'illness'
                                                                                                    Legitimate use of medication is totally fine IMO and having the thereputic exemptions is wholly necessary. Obviously the problem that arises is who actually decides on the exemption. If it's just down to being able to have some quack write you a note it's an issue

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                      Legitimate use of medication is totally fine IMO and having the thereputic exemptions is wholly necessary. Obviously the problem that arises is who actually decides on the exemption. If it's just down to being able to have some quack write you a note it's an issue
                                                                                                      Why don't Wada etc publish the TUE's then. Because it's dodgy. Amazing how many athletes have asthma
                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

off to my aunts new book launch this evening. this should be interesting.

Anyone have any questions you want me to pass on?

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                          off to my aunts new book launch this evening. this should be interesting.

Anyone have any questions you want me to pass on?

SPOILER
                                                                                                          Is it unfair of me to judge a book by its cover? because I just have.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ship the 2 tickets for Sunday, I've 1 more ticket 90% chance of happening with a slight chance of another 1 or 2 with it. there is a few people that will need to be sorted out first if they can't get hold on one themselves but if I have any spare I'll let you know here.
                                                                                                            48

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                social media full of "gud look with your junior cert results hunni, am proud of you no matter what" - seriously if your kid is flunking their junior cert you have little to be proud of (medical exemptions accepted).

excepted
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

From the limited bits I've seen...

For the dealmakers 200k-500k basic, bonus, shares, pension on top. This is a full on job and more than I'd personally be willing to give.

Legal, Tax, Accounting can range quite a bit from 100k to 250k depending on the role and experience. You'd make more as a partner in a big accountancy or legal practice but you'd work a lot harder.

Back office and specialist admin types 50-80k. IT stuff is generally done on contract.
                                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                    From the limited bits I've seen...

For the dealmakers 200k-500k basic, bonus, shares, pension on top. This is a full on job and more than I'd personally be willing to give.

Legal, Tax, Accounting can range quite a bit from 100k to 250k depending on the role and experience. You'd make more as a partner in a big accountancy or legal practice but you'd work a lot harder.

Back office and specialist admin types 50-80k. IT stuff is generally done on contract.
                                                                                                                    With the kinds of pressure you are hinting at there I assume they have to write a good bit off against coke and hookers?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                      With the kinds of pressure you are hinting at there I assume they have to write a good bit off against coke and hookers?
                                                                                                                      lol. I don't ask. They are idiosyncratic that's for sure. Broken relationships, massive egos - that sort of thing.

Suit MDoug perfectly is all I'm saying!
                                                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        Is it unfair of me to judge a book by its cover? because I just have.
                                                                                                                        it goes as far back as the 19th century, so there'll be things from your childhood you may relate to!

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X