This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    He started out funny, realised he was funny and just turned into a muppet after. Non stop stauses abusing yanks etc
    Yea their facebook is quite something. Guy needs a punch in the face.
    Posting cctv pics of your customers, some man.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Dunno if this shite is working for them. 38k 'likes' on facebook for whatever that is worth/means
    Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 05-10-15, 11:53.
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

TY

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      You can download a torrent from the usual places
      I don't know what this means but thank you

Comment

About time someone stuck the boot into the Web summit . I called it

After Neil's opinion piece about some of Web Summit's practices, the event organiser responded on its blog. In a way that triggered this response from us.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-10-15, 12:08.

Comment

Has the migrant crisis been solved? Nobody posting about it on social media anymore,news gone quiet on it too.

Comment

What do people think of renuas 23% flat tax for all proposal?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
              I like it a lot.

Name change to 'Friends of the Horsehead Elite' imo.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I like the idea of a flat rate of tax. Maybe with the first 10k of income with no tax.

I also would seek to significantly reduce VAT and increase property taxes by a lot.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Yo Jibzzz got some OnePlus Two invites if you're still interested drop me a PM.
                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Just bought my one+two this morning. looking forward to bricking it when it arrives

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                      saw dillan moran and bill bailey this week, great stuff. Remind me never to book seats in the olympia again, sure the view is great but you leave with no knees.
                      Bill Bailey was excellent on Saturday night, have some serious man love for him but yeah, the seats in the Olympia are lol bad, think it was an all seated show to so no option but to sit ?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                        I like the idea of a flat rate of tax. Maybe with the first 10k of income with no tax.

I also would seek to significantly reduce VAT and increase property taxes by a lot.
                        You probably don't know the answer to this V since I presume it only effects your client base favorably. At what salary does an unmarried guy break even on this proposed 23% rate? Am I right in think that a flat 23% makes fuck all difference for the €50k-€70k bracket ie middle earners.

In terms of your business would it have a negative impact as the appeal of loading up pensions and investments to avoid paying higher tax would negate any gains. Basically will this actually screw up pension funds?

Comment

Negative tax + flat tax would be so much more efficient.

Comment

I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about rugby but is Jamie Heaslip not a ferociously overrated player based on a few barnstorming runs ten or twelve years ago in 6N games?

Seems to never do anything bar give away penalties in scorable areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                              Bill Bailey was excellent on Saturday night, have some serious man love for him but yeah, the seats in the Olympia are lol bad, think it was an all seated show to so no option but to sit ?
                              Was there saturday too, front of the circle. At the end heard some retard woman going "ew disgusting, do men like not ever wash?" in the most enraging accent.

Yeah it was all seated so i wouldn't go. Or else get an aisle seat or something (not ideal as I won't be alone). The seating is so greedy it's ridiculous.
                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 05-10-15, 13:39.

Comment

Same as Danny. Have a one plus two invite.
                                No tyre kickers please
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  Same as Danny. Have a one plus two invite.
                                  No tyre kickers please
                                  can't decide whether to go for the Samsung Galaxy S6, one plus two or the LG G4. main criteria for me is the camera, so the one plus 2 loses out big time, but then price wise it seems cheaper, so how much of a worse camera is it? S6 loses in the price race and battery race, which once again leaves us with 1+2 or G4

Arrrgghhh first world problems.

by the time i decide, there' ll be new cheaper better ones out there

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                    Speaking of such stuff, Manxmouse was great in the Ark yesterday. Would recommend for those with kids in the 5-10 age group.

The wan is doing the spiel about turning off mobiles etc and my eldest puts up her hand. She is not quiet.

"EXCUSE ME"

"yes"

"IS THIS PLAY IN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE?"

"ehhhhh, no it's in English"

"YESSSSSSSS"

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                      I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about rugby but is Jamie Heaslip not a ferociously overrated player based on a few barnstorming runs ten or twelve years ago in 6N games?

Not really, but he was poor yesterday. Because O'Brien is not a 7 Heaslip needs to do that ground work which is the only reason we get quick ball. Yesterday he was poor so no clean rucks and a bad performance all round.

Heaslip isn't what you would associate with a number 8 traditionally in that he dosn't carry a load of ball. He is good at the base of the scrum and really steadys it up and can keep the ball tidy even when we are under massive pressure. This will be important next week against a serious french pack.

Basically he can only carry ball when chris henry is on the pitch doing what sean o'bien doesn't. The fact that we cant offload means we need quick rucks. You really shouldn't underestimate the importance of the work he does but it is a tough thing to see if you didn't play or watch a lot of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Apart from a Grand Slam, two 6N, 3 Heineken Cups, a Lions series win - he hasn't done an awful.lot.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

If Renua weren't such reactionary fucks in social issues, I'd be applying for membership. Perhaps.

Comment

More industrial relations French style

Air France announce 2900 job cuts and a board meeting is stormed by workers, chaos ensues, management have to run for their lives.

Xavier Broseta, a deputy human resources director, climbs over a fence after angry employees tore his shirt off. Photograph: Kenzo Tribouillard/AFP/Getty Images
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                              You probably don't know the answer to this V since I presume it only effects your client base favorably. At what salary does an unmarried guy break even on this proposed 23% rate? Am I right in think that a flat 23% makes fuck all difference for the €50k-€70k bracket ie middle earners.
                                              Lower than you think.

I make it 37500 which is more or less the AIW.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                If Renua weren't such reactionary fucks in social issues, I'd be applying for membership. Perhaps.
                                                Yeah, horrible to hear some of their more progressive ideas after accepting that they are also ultra-Catholic nutjobs; another wasted opportunity of a political party!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                  can't decide whether to go for the Samsung Galaxy S6, one plus two or the LG G4. main criteria for me is the camera, so the one plus 2 loses out big time, but then price wise it seems cheaper, so how much of a worse camera is it? S6 loses in the price race and battery race, which once again leaves us with 1+2 or G4

I have the S6. Camera and video are fantastic. The battery isn't great when you're on it constantly, but the fast charge is excellent so you can fully charge the phone in about an hour. Even a quick 15 minute spell can get you about 30% juice. You can also switch the phone to Ultra Power Saving mode where the phone switches to black and white and using basic operation if you were running short and wanted to preserve battery life.

Lots of great little features on the phone too and very little in the way of annoyances (I can't seem to find a happy medium for notifications on apps). Overall though, every action is very smooth, great vibrancy and a good buy imo.

Comment

Lol, Lucinda's "fuck the poor" flat tax policy. Minimum wage would pay more tax than now.

Her solution? "Work more hours, work overtime".

Like these options are always open to people.

Renua are just becoming Ganley's version of the PD's.
                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Apart from a Grand Slam, two 6N, 3 Heineken Cups, a Lions series win - he hasn't done an awful.lot.
                                                      Huge time for Heaslip too. Munster fans always seem to hate him mainly because of his 'D4'ishness but he's a quality player, Gatland picking him ahead of Falatau for two tests is proof alone of how good he is.

Seems like an opportune time to say I'm heading off to the uk on Friday for France and QF games (well hopefully only have tickets for our pool winners QF). Week cannot go quick enough.

Comment

Lower than you think.

Somebody on 70k is 8685 better off.

Somebody on 100k is 17384 better off.

Comment

A friend who has been abroad for sometime asked me to book a flight for her as her credit card is being a shit. So I booked the Ryanair flight she wanted. I ticked special assistance and 'profoundly deaf'. Apparently she'll get a 'separate safety briefing' on board. Don't think I really had a choice.

I'd say they just hand her a tablet with a video with subtitles. Hopefully they shout loudly at her the entire time. Welcome home.
                                                          Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 05-10-15, 16:09.

Comment

what's the diff for min wage people?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                              what's the diff for min wage people?
                                                              They will be seeking to upskill themselves (and won't vote for Renua anyway so they probably feel justified in going 'fuck 'em')

Comment

Only go down from 17995 to 15,400 if your salary is 20k

Comment

Lower than you think.

Is that including people on part time contracts etc or is it one of those figures that only considers PAYE as a measurement which means that tax dodging contractors or consultants aren't included.

If not the AIW is pretty low really.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                    A friend who has been abroad for sometime asked me to book them her a flight as her credit card is being a shit. So I booked the Ryanair flight they wanted. I ticked special assistance and 'profoundly deaf'. Apparently she'll get a 'separate safety briefing' on board. Don't think I really had a choice.

I'd say they just hand her a tablet with a video with subtitles. Hopefully they shout loudly at her the entire time. Welcome home.
                                                                    Profoundly deaf - did gods word shatter their ear drums to keep out the sounds of temptation in this pit of vipers we call society.

What a strange term is deaf a discrimination now? I kinda thought like blind people hit a level and were just signed off by a gp and that was that.

Comment

Only go down from 17995 to 15,400 if your salary is 20k
                                                                      It won't be on all your income for low earners.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

In terms of your business would it have a negative impact as the appeal of loading up pensions and investments to avoid paying higher tax would negate any gains. Basically will this actually screw up pension funds?
                                                                        Ah not as much as you think. Really people need to save for retirement or semi retirement. Tax free roll up of funds and other incentives to save could offset some of the drop off. Like we should allow people to access these savings in a more flexible manner.

Yes the message to the man on the street would have to change but the long term savings industry will live on in some format. In particular for those with money to save.

Anyway it's not going to happen anytime soon so its potential consequences are likely very theoretical.
                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                            I have the S6. Camera and video are fantastic. The battery isn't great when you're on it constantly, but the fast charge is excellent so you can fully charge the phone in about an hour. Even a quick 15 minute spell can get you about 30% juice. You can also switch the phone to Ultra Power Saving mode where the phone switches to black and white and using basic operation if you were running short and wanted to preserve battery life.

Lots of great little features on the phone too and very little in the way of annoyances (I can't seem to find a happy medium for notifications on apps). Overall though, every action is very smooth, great vibrancy and a good buy imo.
                                                                            Same here, have it as my work phone. Everything is a step up from the S5 especially the build quality. Battery isn't great though and no microSD slot is a dealbreaker for some.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                              Blown away by Nathaniel Rateliff on last night's Jools. I liked him when I saw him on the Austin to Boston doc, he was playing solo on that, he was good if maybe a little melancholic.

Total different vibe with that band behind him though, unreal good. Real uplifting energetic soulful stuff.

Listened to the album this morn, it's excellent.

They're playing The Workman's club Thursday week, it's sold out. Would kill to see them play such a small venue if anyone knows anyone with a ticket. Posted on toutless looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_pqOJt7gE8
                                                                              I should read more and skim less...

I couldent put my finger on it but then today, the big band, the brass, the soul...The Seeger Sessions !

Going to get the album now, is it all in the high tempo vain ?
                                                                              Last edited by oleras; 05-10-15, 16:43.
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

What sort of good stuff can we expect from Virgin Media now that they've taken over UPC?

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                  What sort of good stuff can we expect from Virgin Media now that they've taken over UPC?
                                                                                  apart from the use of the red button, nothing. they're shite

Comment

Better ads. Hopefully no Craic Doyle.
                                                                                    I know what I wrote.

Comment

apart from the use of the red button, nothing. they're shite
                                                                                      Pity, they're advertising 'more' on top of what we have now. Out of contract and was waiting to see what might happen but will probably just ditch the tv service and hang on to the broadband. Time for an android box I reckon.

Comment

Looks interesting:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Pity, they're advertising 'more' on top of what we have now. Out of contract and was waiting to see what might happen but will probably just ditch the tv service and hang on to the broadband. Time for an android box I reckon.
                                                                                          tbf, i don't know what they will offer in Ireland. I'm with them in the UK, and they're shit. Poor channel packages, poor internet (even though it's meant to be the best), and i hate the fact you need to pay for a pointless landline.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                            I should read more and skim less...

I couldent put my finger on it but then today, the big band, the brass, the soul...The Seeger Sessions !

Going to get the album now, is it all in the high tempo vain ?
                                                                                            Yeah, bar maybe two songs it's all high tempo, the first track 'I need never get old' is such a stomper.

Gonna check out the Seeger sessions tonight.
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The OP2 camera is very good I'm really surprised at the photos it's been producing so far, very very sharp now if they would only implement a better camera app.

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                              Same here, have it as my work phone. Everything is a step up from the S5 especially the build quality. Battery isn't great though and no microSD slot is a dealbreaker for some.
                                                                                              Only think I really don't like about Samsung is their crappy OS, never liked it on any phone I've seen from them.

Better ads. Hopefully no Craic Doyle.
                                                                                              I know what I wrote.
                                                                                              That's a golden response.
                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Wombatgirl and I got married at the weekend after a 17 year long extended courtship. Had a blast. Easy game.
                                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                  Wombatgirl and I got married at the weekend after a 17 year long extended courtship. Had a blast. Easy game.
                                                                                                  all girls are wombats but congrats

Comment

this is class

The Punch Brothers perform "Movement and Location" live in the studios of 89.3 The Current.Listen to the whole session at http://TheCurrent.org/http://minnes...

Comment

Coming to Dub 13th Nov , last one was epic

Comment

I had the Virgin Media bundle when in London.

The TV software may well be the worst piece of technology I have ever used.

Their bb modems weren't much better.

Super value though.

Comment

yo Lottie, I have $36 Canadian Dollars for you.
                                                                                                          Bag of cans?
                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                            I had the Virgin Media bundle when in London.

The TV software may well be the worst piece of technology I have ever used.

Their bb modems weren't much better.

Super value though.
                                                                                                            Ah shit. I hope they don't go messing with the broadband, very pleased with the way it is now.

Comment

...

Comment

Next you'll be claiming there is no difference between Opal Fruits and Starburst. A curse on your house.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    yo Lottie, I have $36 Canadian Dollars for you.
                                                                                                                    Bag of cans?
                                                                                                                    Awesome leveraging. Bag of cans indeed, ay.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Not sure if many here watch Homeland but the first episode of season 5 is available from usual places.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X