• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Plenty of dumb kids. 900 gorillas. Tough call?
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          (1) did you wear the hat and (2), where do I ship cash?

Well played on finishing (and not dying by the sounds of things).
          I wore a hat (but not the hat) and later on I wore a bandanna to stop my sweaty receding hairline from turning into a beetroot crisp. I'll send you a pm with a pic and my bank details. I don't think I earned anything more than the pony you originally pledged - but it was harder earned than I anticipated that's for sure.

I was too busy last week to really get going on the fund raising side so I just threw money in myself in the end.

I had a bath last night to loosen out the calves and was tucked in to bed for a long sleep when little miss V decided she needed a walk at 1.30am to get her to sleep. John Wayne had nothing on me strolling down Sandymount....

P.S. Cheers Horatio for shipping a few bob as well.
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Wow
            hard not to be crass about the levels of up your own arse self obsession going on here.
            I'd almost feel sorry for the Vegan movement getting tarnished by these idiots but that would be a mistake.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...minutes-summit
            Seems like a tragic situation where he didn't think she was as bad as possible. I think altitude sickness is a bit of a lottery and fitness or health is only a minor factor and people get it or don't.

Not sure why it needs to be tied to vegans but it seems from how I read it that they were nearly at the top and he asked her so obv she was talking and he believed competent to make a call.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
              I wore a hat (but not the hat) and later on I wore a bandanna to stop my sweaty receding hairline from turning into a beetroot crisp. I'll send you a pm with a pic and my bank details. I don't think I earned anything more than the pony you originally pledged - but it was harder earned than I anticipated that's for sure.

I was too busy last week to really get going on the fund raising side so I just threw money in myself in the end.

I had a bath last night to loosen out the calves and was tucked in to bed for a long sleep when little miss V decided she needed a walk at 1.30am to get her to sleep. John Wayne had nothing on me strolling down Sandymount....

P.S. Cheers Horatio for shipping a few bob as well.
              You looked surprisingly relaxed in the 'after' photo!

Will ship this evening. Well played!
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Wow
                hard not to be crass about the levels of up your own arse self obsession going on here.
                I'd almost feel sorry for the Vegan movement getting tarnished by these idiots but that would be a mistake.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...minutes-summit
                If you ever feel you are become a little too PC and left wing, a quick glance at the comments section in the guardian will see you right.
                An absolute abundance of self delusion and fuckwittery
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

You looked surprisingly relaxed in the 'after' photo!

Will ship this evening. Well played!
                  Relief. Plus i was planning to get a massage and a bit of BBQ so spirits were high!
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I think it was Kayroo who mentioned me a few weeks back as a thinly veiled brag merchant which got me thinking... I definitely spend most of my time thinking about first world problems because that's my client base. That combined with the comfortable life I lead does make me come across as a brag merchant when I'm musing aloud here in the BBV.

Anyway here's an article in the FT about first world problems which I thought was amusing in that context and probably rings a bell with Shrap also given his current location.

For those of you who don't have an FT account here's a snapshot of the headline.

FT.jpg
                    Last edited by V for Vendetta; 30-05-16, 12:40.

Comment

Would you call a debt collection agency on NAMA if they owed you 50k for over 8months?

Comment

Anyone know how much(if any) the extra insurance/whatever is on a rental car if you are renting it from London to go over to france?
                        have rang offices in uk but no answer
                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                          Would you call a debt collection agency on NAMA if they owed you 50k for over 8months?
                          Waste of money IMO
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                            Seems like a tragic situation where he didn't think she was as bad as possible. I think altitude sickness is a bit of a lottery and fitness or health is only a minor factor and people get it or don't.

Not sure why it needs to be tied to vegans but it seems from how I read it that they were nearly at the top and he asked her so obv she was talking and he believed competent to make a call.
                            They made it about Vegans by saying they were doing the climb to prove that Vegans could do it. She died ergo Vegans can't do it

There are so many people queued up waiting to climb the final ascent that people are spending way more time than they should be at that altitude and there are many people dying as a result.

Comment

Waste of money IMO
                              Its obviously tongue in cheek I dont get irony but there must be some in the biggest debt collection agency in Ireland not paying their debts,

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                If it is legitimately owed, march into their offices and start jumping up and down and screaming and shouting about it. Unseemly, but you will have a cheque the next day.
                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                    ...combined with the comfortable life I lead does make me come across as a brag merchant when I'm musing aloud here in the BBV.

Anyway here's an article in the FT about first world problems ...

For those of you who don't have an FT account here's a snapshot of the headline.
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Did a blind wine tasting.

Gave my favourite as wine from a box, narrowly beating this bottle:

lol wine. Still not going to buy boxes though!

Comment

Hopefully this is the end of it
                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Anyone got a decent link I can watch on my phone for GoT?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                            Did a blind wine tasting.

Gave my favourite as wine from a box, narrowly beating this bottle:

lol wine. Still not going to buy boxes though!
                                            You'd be a fool not to buy rose by the box in the South of France tbh. The best vineyards all do them for the summer crowds. So handy, and so drinkable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                              my experience of this is that it still works. albeit a little slower.
                                              I had it plugged in for 4 hours and it didn't charge at all. Used the other charger and it started charging. Then when it had a bit of charge I tried the juice one again and it came up with the incompatible thing. Been reading a bit online and it mentioned about an iOS update and it was happening with real apple chargers as well as there is a chip missing or different.

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                              Watch it on showbox on your phone. Had to do that with an episode of vikings recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                install kodi on your phone, couple of add ons and you'll be sorted for anything you want to watch

Comment

Just on boxes of wine. My brother and Fiancée were at a wedding a few years ago and they wrapped a box of wine in wedding paper and walked in with it. Then they popped the wee tap and had it sitting under the table. No one asked a thing haha.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                    Just on boxes of wine. My brother and Fiancée were at a wedding a few years ago and they wrapped a box of wine in wedding paper and walked in with it. Then they popped the wee tap and had it sitting under the table. No one asked a thing haha.
                                                    Free table wine must have been cack!

Comment

GoT:

SPOILER
                                                      BRB, gotta fetch my dragon
                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Richard Bruton was knocking on doors down our road earlier (must reckon the Govt isn't going to last too long).

I introduced eldest daughter (9) to him and said "this man is the boss of all the schools in Ireland".

Fairly instant response: "can you fire my teacher?"
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Richard Bruton was knocking on doors down our road earlier (must reckon the Govt isn't going to last too long).

I introduced eldest daughter (9) to him and said "this man is the boss of all the schools in Ireland".

Fairly instant response: "can you fire my teacher?"
                                                          This her ?

HAHAHA plz rate and comment !!!! x) (i wasnt the one who put the subs, it was a family member of mine)

Comment

That midsummer nights dream was surpriingly good. Great fun
                                                            WTF was he on when he wrote it

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                              Ya that's my issue as I won't be dropping any bags (all carry on) and don't really want to queue just for that. Cheers though.
                                                              Self service bag tag machines now so shouldnt be a issue queuing
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

That midsummer nights dream was surpriingly good. Great fun
                                                                WTF was he on when he wrote it
                                                                A midsummer night's dream, didn't see that one though.

Heading to Pinter's The Birthday Party on Wednesday. Went to something 2 weeks ago that did a few of his shorter plays and excerpts of others - very enjoyable.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                    GoT:

SPOILER
                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                    Hitch would want to be careful taking a blowie off one
                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                      GoT:

SPOILER
                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                      another class ep. Pretty much setting out its small for 2nd half of the season.
                                                                      1.lady stoneheart is pretty much a lock at this stage. Nice shout out to the Brotherhood.
                                                                      2. Arya vs waif gonna be good. A girl is gonna kick some ass and steal some faces.
                                                                      3. Coldhands. Identity confirmed.
                                                                      4. Flashbacks. Bran caused fucking everything. Burn them all!!!
                                                                      5. Dragons fuck yeah
                                                                      6. Mountain vs.... Hound?
                                                                      Plus lots lots more

Comment

This is stunning in every sense. Gotta go visit this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                          Free table wine must have been cack!
                                                                          They were at the evening reception so the wine would have been long gone!

Comment

GoT

SPOILER
                                                                            Was great to see Benjen back and him being coldhands. Wonder what tricks he can do since he has the dragonglass insert as well.

Don't know if I am convinced that Bran did cause the madking to do what he did with the burn them all, it may be that Bran was warning about the white walkers and how to get rid of the dead etc but think he may have been mad anyway but will wait and see.

Def can't wait to see Arya dispose of the waif, will be a good battle. I think she will finally get the upper hand with this bitch!

Great to see Drogon bigger and better. It certainly is heating up a bit for a few class episodes. No 8 and 9 will be good for sure!

How do you think Ramsay will die? hope Sansa gets to finish the fucker off. Battle of the Bastards will be a good fight for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                              another class ep. Pretty much setting out its small for 2nd half of the season.
                                                                              1.lady stoneheart is pretty much a lock at this stage. Nice shout out to the Brotherhood.
                                                                              2. Arya vs waif gonna be good. A girl is gonna kick some ass and steal some faces.
                                                                              3. Coldhands. Identity confirmed.
                                                                              4. Flashbacks. Bran caused fucking everything. Burn them all!!!
                                                                              5. Dragons fuck yeah
                                                                              6. Mountain vs.... Hound?
                                                                              Plus lots lots more

SPOILER
                                                                              All happened a bit fast for me. If Coldhands had been around since the start, we could have had the Benjen reveal have some impact. Perhaps Bran could have discovered it with his newfound powers?

Dany finding Drogon was nice but I feel like she should have had to work a bit harder for it. Perhaps she has finally embraced the Fire And Blood? I don't think so, I think she's still a bit soft.

Everything else, fuck yes. Particularly like the idea that Bran/3 Eyed Crow made the Mad King mad.

Re #6:
                                                                              SPOILER

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Today I will mostly be doing the

Version of this:

Looks something like:

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                  just a pity they used up all the wild fire

Comment

Nevermind SP, think S01E04 of Billions was the most enjoyable episode of TV I've watched in a while!

Comment

Another beautiful day here Elshambles

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        just a pity they used up all the wild fire
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        There's a fan theory, which I personally subscribe to, that suggests there is still a fuckload of wildfire buried under King's Landing. I reckon Aerys had the whole place wired to blow, but got stabbinated before he could pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                          Another beautiful day here Elshambles
                                                                                          Farage/Boris will be on telly later blaming the weather on the immigants

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                            Today I will mostly be doing the

Version of this:

Looks something like:

Its only raining in dat Landhann, innit

Perfect summer day here... I'm heading to Southampton this afternoon

Won't be complaining about rain though if there is enough of it in the next fortnight Royal Ascot could be on the agenda

Comment

So France vs Cameroon
                                                                                              2-2 89th minute
                                                                                              Free kick

25/1 for player of the tournament

Comment

I'd 100% blame the keeper for that one tbh, in saying that 25/1 looks trés grand

edit: gotze or kroos for germany? I think I'm gonna back vardy for engerland too, 50/1 in pp is kinda too tempting to be honest. Will he start?
                                                                                                Last edited by mdoug; 31-05-16, 10:17.
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                    Jaysus Night of the Gun Heard it was great, but wow. Only 20% through though ...
                                                                                                    How did you lke Crypto? It's like a bunch of anecdotes strung together to form a story. My personal fav is the pointlessly entertaining Captain Crunch chapter.

Comment

GOT

SPOILER
                                                                                                      fat boy needs to gut that cunt of a father , this is the real story. I've also developed a desperate desire for a wildling. Where does one find such a creature ?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I'd say you've definitely watch at least one snuff film Hitch.

Comment

...

Comment

Haven't even watched a horror movie since a bad experience at age seven!
                                                                                                                  I'd say your poor old dog gave up sausages for the same reason.

Comment

...

Comment

I was 14!!!!
                                                                                                                      But what's that in dog years?

Comment

The dog thing seems to have a bit of resonance. I was 14!!!!
                                                                                                                        In dogs years that makes you Jimmy Saville.

Mellor you are a funny guy . Even mdog would agree .

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X