Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In terms of references the whole cant give a bad reference thing is bollix and plenty of people get bad references.

If someone asks you if someone was always late. It is not slander to say they were constantly 30 minutes late if there swipe card was always logged in at 9.30 instead of 9.

People get very worried about this but I have been told that people were just a nightmare to work with, they sounded great in interview but cant actually code and most common is pure lazy.

It is a phone call so unless the person is tapping your calls they cant prove what was said. It is not required to release the reason the references failed but usually polite to do so.

All of you hoping that your shoddy work performance will be ignored in a reference for fear of legal, forget about it.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        How the fuck do yee not iron? i iron all the time. Do you have somebody do it (mammy), do you not wear clothes that need ironing...do they exist?
        Hitch is married and hasn't realised the misses is stealth ironing his interview shirts.

I feel like a really civilised man with my sheet changing, ironing and I even clean the bathroom on occasion.

Comment

Cool cat Tar.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
            Hitch is married and hasn't realised the misses is stealth ironing his interview shirts.

I feel like a really civilised man with my sheet changing, ironing and I even clean the bathroom on occasion.
            Yeah that can happen, whenever i live with a girl things get stealth cleaned a lot.
            I know, we are practically the next evolution of man.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Step 1: Turn the fcks-not-given dial up to 11
            Take lessons from my cat, got it.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
              hey, even the french hate renault so fuck you too!!! time you started your own car company so people can laugh and point at you too!!

Hope you didn't touch the bulb with your bare hands or you'll be changing it sooner than you think!!
              ah here where you watching me. it was kinda fun but so frustrating.

Kinda shocked the amount of folk fell for the duvet thing though. Tis just an annoying chore . Duvet hmmm, sounds French, seems to be a trend here.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                Two questions for the good people of the BBV:

1) Anyone been horseracing in Hong Kong? I know it's a big deal there; the wife and I plan to visit Sha Tin racecourse on Nov 21st for the day meeting (probably travelling from a hotel in Kowloon/Tsim Sha Tsui) and would appreciate any tips from those who've been.

2) My car insurance renewal is coming up, and my existing provider (Wright Insurance via Chill) is upping the annual cost from €350 to €470 (€30 of that is me moving from D2 to D18 supposedly). They aren't budging on that. The cheapest I've found elsewhere is €440 from Allianz. 123.ie and FBD were both quoting over €600. This seems crazy for someone with a crappy 1.8l car, full no claims bonus and over 10 years license! Has anyone found any bargains recently, I'm wondering where else to look.
                The general insurers plan of campaign used to be to pay out around 100% of earned premium (i.e. what's left after the broker takes their cut), and then meet operating expenses and return a profit from investment earnings on the float - that is the amount that you have sitting around waiting to be paid out in claims.

The change in regs under Solvency II is altering how that 100% is defined which is part of the problem. I would guess a combination of poor investment returns and recent loss experience in the market are also significant factors. The additional levy this year is a further issue but in most cases the least substantial one.
                Last edited by Western_Sean; 02-10-15, 14:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                  Lol, don't let facts disturb your classic hits.

Solvency II, insurers like Setanta and Quinn and long term underpricing in a hugely competitive market are the reasons for the increase far more than claims.

Solvency II above them all in fact.

But please, continue with your deluded and bitter old rant
                  hmmm

Insurance Ireland blamed higher claims, as it launched a new report calling for various measures to lower personal injury awards in a bid to stop the surge in premiums.
                  Insurance Ireland said the average level of Circuit Court award was up 14pc last year, with the average High Court award 34pc higher.
                  And he claimed solicitors were encouraging people to reject awards from the Injuries Board and take a court case instead. He said 60pc of litigation claims goes on legal costs.
                  Drivers are set to face even higher premiums in the coming months as insurance sector bodies continue to quibble over the cause of the increases. Figures from the CSO last week showed premiums have ballooned by 24.4% in the past year.

"In litigated cases, legal costs in Ireland account for more than 60% of the compensation awarded,” Insurance Ireland chief executive Kevin Thompson said
                  “Motor injury awards made by the Injuries Board averaged €21,000 in 2014, a very high average considering that 80% of motor injury claims are for whiplash.
                  BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

The head of the Injuries Board last week put the ball firmly in the insurance companies’ court to explain the rises, however, and revealed the number of personal injury claims litigated in court fell last year.
                  More Tennis to continue

Comment

Step 1: Turn the fcks-not-given dial up to 11
                    Much as I'd love to, you can't turn up for an interview or an important meeting with a shirt all wrinkled. Can you imagine what Vinnie Brown would have said if you turned up on his show like that?

I'm off to the man clothes thread for a gander, surely V4V and the rest can't let this one go???

Comment

I have the Aussies backed to win the World Cup However I've got this mad feeling that Ireland are going to do it. (never get this vibe) It's like the stars are aligned or something. I don't think I'll ever be more delighted about a sporting event if it does happen . So BBV rugger boys is it possible to gamble on buying a ticket for the final now or do we have to wait to see who makes it before they are on sale ?

Comment

You've mentioned ironing twice now. I've ironed literally nothing in 10+ years. Just hang shirts the right way after taking them out of the washing machine.
                        The reason you get away with it is because your shirts are so blinding! Someone please post that Sunday business post pic of Hitch in his PTSB shilling days.
                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                          I have the Aussies backed to win the World Cup However I've got this mad feeling that Ireland are going to do it. (never get this vibe) It's like the stars are aligned or something. I don't think I'll ever be more delighted about a sporting event if it does happen . So BBV rugger boys is it possible to gamble on buying a ticket for the final now or do we have to wait to see who makes it before they are on sale ?
                          Currently all the English corporate types have snapped up all the semi and final tickets. If the English are out and Ireland and NZ are meeting in the final you'd have a pretty good chance of picking up a ticket for face value or less imo. I actually fancy my chances of getting a freebie corporate ticket if that happens tbh.
                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post
                            The general insurers plan of campaign used to be to pay out around 100% of earned premium (i.e. what's left after the broker takes their cut), and then meet operating expenses and return a profit from investment earnings on the float - that is the amount that you have sitting around waiting to be paid out in claims.

The change in regs under Solvency II is altering how that 100% is defined which is part of the problem. I would guess a combination of poor investment returns and recent loss experience in the market are also significant factors. The additional levy this year is a further issue but in most cases the least substantial one.
                            so everyone is ruling out GREED then ? A recovering economy and they lick their lips. They are hardly in the business to provide a service.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                              Much as I'd love to, you can't turn up for an interview or an important meeting with a shirt all wrinkled. Can you imagine what Vinnie Brown would have said if you turned up on his show like that?

I'm off to the man clothes thread for a gander, surely V4V and the rest can't let this one go???
                              Lol. Why would anyone give a shit about someone else looking bad? The worse they present themselves the better imo.

Comment

Today my cat is not giving a fuck on top of a van:

SPOILER
                                [IMG][/IMG]
                                Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                Cool Van Tar.
                                FYP
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                  Currently all the English corporate types have snapped up all the semi and final tickets. If the English are out and Ireland and NZ are meeting in the final you'd have a pretty good chance of picking up a ticket for face value or less imo. I actually fancy my chances of getting a freebie corporate ticket if that happens tbh.
                                  Looks like I'll be in London both Semi final and finals weekend... gimme a call

Comment

so everyone is ruling out GREED then ? A recovering economy and they lick their lips. They are hardly in the business to provide a service.
                                    Greed is a two way street though. General insurance is a fiercely competitive market. The product is effectively a commodity so purchasing decisions are nearly always based on price alone. If as an insurer you set your prices for a given risk too high you either
                                    (a) underwrite little or none of it undermining the assumptions around uncertainty upon which the price is based
                                    (b) only underwrite the worst risks in that space because you've overlooked a factor other underwriters are loading these risks for.

Neither eventuality is likely to enhance the career prospects of someone tasked with approving a pricing basis making them relatively unlikely.

Recent market experience (multiple failed participants, losses at FBD and the under-reserving at RSA) suggests that insurance costs have probably been significantly too low in the Irish market for a number of years. So one might argue they have been in the business of service provision as opposed to making money for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      Looks like I'll be in London both Semi final and finals weekend... gimme a call
                                      i'm there also if you need more people to fill that corporate box

Comment

Two questions for the good people of the BBV:

2) My car insurance renewal is coming up, and my existing provider (Wright Insurance via Chill) is upping the annual cost from €350 to €470 (€30 of that is me moving from D2 to D18 supposedly). They aren't budging on that. The cheapest I've found elsewhere is €440 from Allianz. 123.ie and FBD were both quoting over €600. This seems crazy for someone with a crappy 1.8l car, full no claims bonus and over 10 years license! Has anyone found any bargains recently, I'm wondering where else to look.

Solvency II, insurers like Setanta and Quinn and long term underpricing in a hugely competitive market are the reasons for the increase far more than claims.

I'm sure there is some truth in what you say but overall, I'm calling BS on all this lark of insurance premiums are up because of what's going on in the market / legal changes, etc

I'm with 123.ie and insurance is up on the 8th Oct. They quoted me an increase of €200 on last year. When I rang them they gave me the line of how all insurance premiums in Ireland are up and how I would have heard many stories of it on the news, etc and it was out of their control due to the legal / market changes, blah, blah, blah, blah

I got onto AA and No Nonsense and both quoted within a few Euro of my last years premium. They were the only two I checked as I just don't have the time / patience as checking insurance prices drives me bonkers. Don't know what it is about it, it just gets my wick up!

Comment

FYP
                                          Nope. Not Taras van imo.

Comment

4 minutes, not bad. I must be making the same dulcet tones as an ambulance coming off the m50 on a foggy morning

Solvency rules are an issue for how Insurers structure their finances.
                                            Escalating compensation payouts at a time when the number of accidents is falling and the severity of injuries is reducing speaks to something rotten at the heart of the self regulated legal cartel milking the system.

Comment

Comment

Comment

More people are starting to get fashionable in Ireland I notice, although it could be the immigrants.
                                                  FYP
                                                  Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                  Nope. Not Taras van imo.

Let the great van debate begin

Comment

Wait till England get knocked out

Comment

How the fuck do yee not iron? i iron all the time. Do you have somebody do it (mammy), do you not wear clothes that need ironing...do they exist?
                                                      Jeans tee shirt and shirt.
                                                      I fairness I have literally dozens of this combo.
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Cake for breakfast (Y)

Haven't ironed more than twice in ten years. Fuck that.
                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Just heard we're getting €1,000 for having a baby as a French state welcome present. So might buy an iron, or buy a person who can iron, or set up an ironman competition where everyone turns up and irons my shirts. We've got the little dude back in the house now and he's easily the cutest kid in the world. You'd almost accept him without the cash.
                                                          Get into extreme ironing.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

It looks like he wears his dad's suits so probably wouldn't say much!

Comment

at least the tie draws focus from the cuff length.

Comment

4 minutes, not bad. I must be making the same dulcet tones as an ambulance coming off the m50 on a foggy morning

Solvency rules are an issue for how Insurers structure their finances.
                                                                  Escalating compensation payouts at a time when the number of accidents is falling and the severity of injuries is reducing speaks to something rotten at the heart of the self regulated legal cartel milking the system.
                                                                  Most payouts are from PIAB and not the courts and so legal fees aren't included in the award. 60% of claims roughly are sorted by PIAB. Your "source" is the mouthpiece for the insurance federation who are blaming lawyers with completely made up hearsay ("well I heard lawyers told lads to not bother turning up to medical appointments") whereas the independent PIAB blames... The insurance companies.

Less claims and higher awards means that there are more serious injuries or damage and less small fry claims. PIAB is working (mostly) and only serious claims make their way to the courts. This is how it's supposed to happen.

Sorry, I know all these facts confuse you. Should I write a rambling post based on unsubstantiated emotional nonsense so that you feel more at home?
                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

As long as Shyster and Shyster ltd. and their bewigged buddies remain a self regulated cartel motor insurance prices are only going one way.

Don't forget we've had nearly 10 years of PIAB (personal injuries assessment board), where vast majority of claims nowadays are settled without legal costs at all (or costs coming out of rather than being added to, the award).

Real problem here is that Insurers, in their wisdom, didn't put sufficient reserves away over the years to deal with claims - so they took in X amount in (lets say 2008), paid out Y, put a little bit away for settling other claims in the year 2008, and then distributed the rest to shareholders, bonuses etc...

What happened is they(almost universally I believe) undercalculated both the number of claims that would arise in the future and the cost of settling those claims.

Related problem is where they had 'reserves' they invested them in blue-chip companies like banks etc..., so much that was 'reserve' pre the bust actually just went up in smoke.

Add in the likes of Quinn, Setanta etc..., and essentially in teh current year (and for the next couple) we'll pay over the odds because we are in fact paying for claims arising over up to ten years.

But yeah, I'm sure the greed of the legal profession was responsible for all the above as well.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                      I'm sure there is some truth in what you say but overall, I'm calling BS on all this lark of insurance premiums are up because of what's going on in the market / legal changes, etc

I'm with 123.ie and insurance is up on the 8th Oct. They quoted me an increase of €200 on last year. When I rang them they gave me the line of how all insurance premiums in Ireland are up and how I would have heard many stories of it on the news, etc and it was out of their control due to the legal / market changes, blah, blah, blah, blah

I got onto AA and No Nonsense and both quoted within a few Euro of my last years premium. They were the only two I checked as I just don't have the time / patience as checking insurance prices drives me bonkers. Don't know what it is about it, it just gets my wick up!
                                                                      Oh I'm not suggesting they aren't adding a mark up to increase profits! Far from it. I was just listing the real reasons behind the required increases, not the discretionary ones
                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Oh I'm not suggesting they aren't adding a mark up to increase profits! Far from it. I was just listing the real reasons behind the required increases, not the discretionary ones
                                                                        I just rang The AA to accept their quote and set up the policy. They were a few euro dearer than No Nonsense but the No Nonsense adds put me on life tilt so I couldn't use them on a matter of principle

They knocked another €70 of the premium without me even asking or prompting them

Also, I Googled principal and principle before I hit submit on this post. I knew I was right in putting 'principle' but I had to double check as I was replying to you

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                          I could be totally wrong here, but I was told before that you couldn't give a bad written reference? So instead, you give a very short reference instead.

For example if you got a reference that said

"Lazare always came to work on time"

and nothing else, you'd run a mile. It's often more about what is omitted than what is said
                                                                          Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant,.

A neutral ref is in effect a bad ref.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                            Jeans tee shirt and shirt.
                                                                            I fairness I have literally dozens of this combo.
                                                                            I iron all those things,although jeans to a lesser extent, truly they are a beautiful product. Barely need to wash or iron them for months.

Comment

...

Comment

Tar Aldiorning

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                  ... majority of claims nowadays are settled without legal costs at all (or costs coming out of rather than being added to, the award).
                                                                                  If only we had someone trained in the arts of rhetoric and debate who could apply some critical thinking and basic logic to the implications of this line in a country where there is a self regulated legal profession.

Comment

@Rigger, aren't u meeting Mary Horney tonight......

Comment

So Ive just been listening to Taylor Swifts 1989 (guess C-Kids constant championing finally got to me)

It's... it's not shit!

►Exclusive Merch: https://store.taylorswift.com ►Follow Taylor Swift OnlineInstagram: http://www.instagram.com/taylorswiftFacebook: http://www.facebook.com/t...

Now where did I leave the box of industrial noise

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                        @Rigger, aren't u meeting Mary Horney tonight......

I am indeed. I told a few cunce Cassidy's for 6.30pm. Must check out Bodkins soon. Presume they have/will bar you when they work out the hollow legs thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                          So Ive just been listening to Taylor Swifts 1989 (guess C-Kids constant championing finally got to me)

It's... it's not shit!
                                                                                          It's brilliant.

Comment

Benny you in Wheleans next Saturday?

Giveamanakick disturb a large group of kids on christmas day 2003!!

Comment

Benny you in Wheleans next Saturday?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-FYDFXfPgQ
                                                                                              Unlikely Elshambles. Baby due imminently so kinda on lockdown.

Would love to though, remember these guys well.

You're going i presume? We'll have to do a gig meet up one of these... erm.. months (you're in London mostly though right?).

Comment

Just sat behind John Part in City West a while ago with two other familiar older looking darts types. No wonder he's a big boy all that grub. (I was a wee bit jealous wth my tiny slider basket) Must be something on in the Hotel up there.

should mention it was Eddie Rockets of course.
                                                                                                Last edited by Solskjaer; 02-10-15, 17:39.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                  Unlikely Elshambles. Baby due imminently so kinda on lockdown.

Would love to though, remember these guys well.

You're going i presume? We'll have to do a gig meet up one of these... erm.. months (you're in London mostly though right?).
                                                                                                  Ya flying in for weekend to be at it

Should be fun, imminent births do take precedent though

Comment

Ya flying in for weekend to be at it

Should be fun, imminent births do take precedent though
                                                                                                    Fair play to you. I bet it'll be great!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                      The reason you get away with it is because your shirts are so blinding! Someone please post that Sunday business post pic of Hitch in his PTSB shilling days.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

poker friday nights, where should one go to win momies 1-100 dollar tournies
                                                                                                        ie the softest game to play, ty

already looking on pokerstars.fr anywhere else

Comment

In before RD3 is on calling the All Blacks muck

Comment

wow, what a try by georgia. 7 all!!!

Comment

In before RD3 is on calling the All Blacks muck
                                                                                                              chokers innit!!

Comment

These guys http://www.patrona.ie/ insured me for 330 i think last april when others were looking for 400-550. I have similar driving stats to you except a shitty 1.4L car

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                                  poker friday nights, where should one go to win momies 1-100 dollar tournies
                                                                                                                  ie the softest game to play, ty

already looking on pokerstars.fr anywhere else
                                                                                                                  Live or online?

€120 - €10k GTd game in Mulhuddart or Fitz €75? I think

Online - Hot55 on Stars.com in 15 mins?

Comment

Are you a member of what benny?

Comment

a game too far for georgia, already dead on their feet. cricket score on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                        Live or online?

€120 - €10k GTd game in Mulhuddart or Fitz €75? I think

Online - Hot55 on Stars.com in 15 mins?
                                                                                                                        online not drinking for a change

i dont think the hot 55 on pokerstars is a soft game

Comment

Chemistry time: First up, what happens when you burn Mercury thiocyanate? This fucking weirdness:

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X