This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    I would have worked today if I could. I don't mind the lie in obviously, but getting paid is better than an unnecessary day off where I'm not doing anything.
    I was planning 'working from home' but it seems I was rustled as on the way out the door was informed their was no budget for working today.
    Considering the budgets involved that is pretty unlikely
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Just about over the shock I made day 2 of the IO. I'm fucking thrilled
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I like this. Keep picturing movies that this would have happened in
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

If you've a vague interest in music and you've heard of Janis Joplin, check out BBC4 at 1.05 for a docu on this powerhouse of a woman . Insecure and brazen. Rumoured t have died from a dodgy batch of heroin aged 27 (yep the 27club) . Multitalented and a brilliant blues singer. Such a waste. Watch it reptiles you will enjoy.

Easter egg and Guinness hate each other but fk it let them fight it out in ma belly.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
            Poxy working on Good Friday but Scampi and Curry Chips went down a treat. Think it's time for wine.
            Just to counterbalance all the "I wants a pint on the only day I am not allowed one because ya know, I'm weak psychobabbily"

Finished work at 6, opened at 12, had done £7K net when I left (was supposed to finish at 5), closed kitchen before 3 due to it melting down, 2 on bar, 2 on floor(I don't do the rota's), tills crashed at one point, absolute carnage!

Was supposed to go to a gig, sold out, went home to change (clothes melted to my skin), bottle of cider, basically blacked out at 1/2 time of match, just woke up, full pint at foot of bed!

God do I miss a good Catholic good Friday

Good warm up for Boat Race though
            Last edited by Guest; 26-03-16, 03:36.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBkBS4O3yvY

I like this. Keep picturing movies that this would have happened in
              There is a movie called Groundhog Day, i recommend checking it out.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                Few IPBeers at IO for anyone knocking around. El bustos LPLATE & jbravado joined myself and Sick puppy. ...
                Good fun. Jumped off cash to hit the hay there now. Sharing a taxi with 2 fairly decent hookers who are on their way home to Ranelagh. No pics I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                  There is a movie called Groundhog Day, i recommend checking it out.
                  Feeling a bit nostalgic so rented Where Eagles Dare... man, what a great film that was, superb with a pizza. So easy to forget a great classic.
                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Who says drugs are bad for you? Mick Jagger probably took more than most and yet still doing a 2hr gig in Cuba at 72 yrs old!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                      Just to counterbalance all the "I wants a pint on the only day I am not allowed one because ya know, I'm weak psychobabbily"

Finished work at 6, opened at 12, had done £7K net when I left (was supposed to finish at 5), closed kitchen before 3 due to it melting down, 2 on bar, 2 on floor(I don't do the rota's), tills crashed at one point, absolute carnage!

Was supposed to go to a gig, sold out, went home to change (clothes melted to my skin), bottle of cider, basically blacked out at 1/2 time of match, just woke up, full pint at foot of bed!

God do I miss a good Catholic good Friday

Good warm up for Boat Race though

and there's more:

When I got home last night, the odd ball flatmates room was empty and a note was on the kitchen table saying he was gone

When I woke up around 3, his room door was closed, the note was gone and the light I'd left on in the kitchen was turned off

This morning, he did have the good sense to announce his presence to me before he used the bathroom as flatmate number 2 (the normal one) is away for the weekend

So how much does it cost to buy a house?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The battery on my HTC one had gone to the dogs, it's under warranty until June so a few weeks ago brought it into the 3 shop. It was sent off to the repair centre for a maximum of 10 working days I was told.
                          After numerous phone calls dealing with wholly unpleasant and unhelpful shop staff I was contacted after almost a month to come in and collect a 'new' phone as mine couldn't be repaired.

After a couple of full charges and a bit of usage testing the battery is suspiciously as shite as my old phone so I checked the imei and mac address and realise they've pretty much put on a new case and given me back my old phone with the same issues that prompted me to bring it into them in the first place.

Needless to say this is really pissing me off and I really don't want to have to deal with those clowns in the shop again, what's my play?
                          Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 26-03-16, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                            what's my play?
                            Get your mate that sorted out the scumbags with you that time, rock up to the three shop and cause mayhem. Take whatever phone you like. EZ

Comment

Full Irish m8s

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                The battery on my HTC one had gone to the dogs, it's under warranty until June so a few weeks ago brought it into the 3 shop. It was sent off to the repair centre for a maximum of 10 working days I was told.
                                After numerous phone calls dealing with wholly unpleasant and unhelpful shop staff I was contacted after almost a month to come in and collect a 'new' phone as mine couldn't be repaired.

After a couple of full charges and a bit of usage testing the battery is suspiciously as shite as my old phone so I checked the imei and mac address and realise they've pretty much put on a new case and given me back my old phone with the same issues that prompted me to bring it into them in the first place.

Needless to say this is really pissing me off and I really don't want to have to deal with those clowns in the shop again, what's my play?
                                Small claims court - ten minutes filling in an application and expect a brand new phone in a box within a week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                  and there's more:

When I got home last night, the odd ball flatmates room was empty and a note was on the kitchen table saying he was gone

When I woke up around 3, his room door was closed, the note was gone and the light I'd left on in the kitchen was turned off

This morning, he did have the good sense to announce his presence to me before he used the bathroom as flatmate number 2 (the normal one) is away for the weekend

So how much does it cost to buy a house?
                                  oooh Nelly....

He "lost" the keys of the flat when he apparently moved back in last night

Told him retrace his steps

"I have 100 times", he rings the agent, tells them keys lost and he is moving out, urgent, locks need replacing etc

I go into bathroom and stand on the keys

FUCKWIT!

Most akward goodbye ever followed, where I gave him the good luck handshake and he then stood at the door for 2 minutes

He still has keys!

I'm sleeping with a knife!

Comment

RDIII - Moloughney's worth a visit?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                      Average
                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                        Good fun. Jumped off cash to hit the hay there now. Sharing a taxi with 2 fairly decent hookers who are on their way home to Ranelagh. No pics I'm afraid.
                                        That fucking 5 on the turn was the first thought that hit me when I woke up this morning FFS!. There was some right value on that table too
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                          Got myself this last month. Very handy grilling steaks or chicken in the garage, no smelling the house up, extractor fan isnt the best. Have been using it 2-3 x week since i got it.

The bar marks make it taste better.

The chimichurri sauce was off the charts good. Might go with that sauce again for the lamb.
                                          What are the red bits in the sauce?

Comment

Connacht play leinster today i the sportsground in a top of the table clash in the pro12.
                                            Conn halftime-Leinster fulltime is a whopping 7/1.
                                            Think will be close but leinster have a very strong bench International front row and Sean o brien to come on.

Comment

Pub somewhere in Kerry last night

This intense singalong in Kerry shows the very best of Irish pub culture! A local man Ger Foley (Farmer) was buried that day aged 45. He had cystic fibrosis...

Opr

Comment

Clocks forward tonight?
                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Olympics 2012 our most successful ever now that Rob Heffernan has been upgraded to bronze. Imagine how well we'd do if we hosted it!!
                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                    Connacht play leinster today i the sportsground in a top of the table clash in the pro12.
                                                    Conn halftime-Leinster fulltime is a whopping 7/1.
                                                    Think will be close but leinster have a very strong bench International front row and Sean o brien to come on.
                                                    Serious bit of wind and rain here in Galway. I'd nearly wait until I knew what direction the teams were playing in before lumping on.
                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                      Clocks forward tonight?
                                                      Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                        Serious bit of wind and rain here in Galway. I'd nearly wait until I knew what direction the teams were playing in before lumping on.
                                                        Ya i think Conn will take the wind and Leinster play against it no matter what.
                                                        So that 7/1
                                                        Not lumping few bob

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                          Pub somewhere in Kerry last night

This intense singalong in Kerry shows the very best of Irish pub culture! A local man Ger Foley (Farmer) was buried that day aged 45. He had cystic fibrosis...

Opr
                                                          That was after a funeral in Killorglin. Madness Ted

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                            What's the hotel like?
                                                            A mixed bag. Decor is tired. Location is good. Service is excellent. Food in the restaurant overcooked and a waste of some excellent ingredients. Very family friendly. Claire had her first swim and loved it. I wouldn't recommend it to you but it's grand for what we needed.

Mrs V enjoyed her treatments. I'm off for a Swedish massage and then I'll catch the game. Tough life.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              What are the red bits in the sauce?
                                                              Chilli.

I gave the wrong recipe that i used, this is the one.
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Looking for some help/advice if anyone has any.

I've been experiencing really strong anxiety and anxiety attacks lately. Particularly at night time.

The night time ones have been happening sporadically over the last few years and I had gotten used to them. The first time it happened I was freaked out until I researched it and realised it was harmless.

That time, I was lying in bed about to go to sleep when just as I was about to drift off I got this jolt in my chest on the left side, then it happened again, and again. I jumped up out of bed and started googling heart attacks.
                                                                Don't ever do that.

Figured out the next day that it's fairly common, and is simply anxiety.

Anytime it happened after that I just dealt with it and considered it an inconvenience, nothing more.

I've rationalised that it's an evolved trait, the fight or flight response is over stimulated and the brain is basically keeping you awake as presumably ancestors that fell asleep during times of danger got eaten, those that got dummy heart attacks stayed awake and lived to pass the trait on.

As I said, these episodes have always been sporadic and relatively mild until recently. I think given what happened recently my body is in a constant state of fight or flight.
                                                                I'm getting really severe attacks of it almost nightly, and even though I know what it is, I'm still doubting myself while it's happening, thinking I'm having a heart attack, or a stroke. Had a horrible one last Wed night, evey time I started to drift I would get either a strong jolt, like an electric shock to my chest or a dizzy feeling of blood rushing to my head, I thought I was having a stroke, even though I knew I wasn't if that makes sense. Even though you're able to rationalise it in the moment, you still can't help having irrational fear.

Xanax works, but I don't want to be taking anything like that, can't get out of the bed in the morning when I do.

Have had a few daytime attacks too, which seem to be worse, but thankfully not too many.

My mood or general mental state doesn't seem to have any bearing on it, got one this morning for instance on the way home from the Parkrun, I was feeling great at the time.

Looking to see if anyone has had a similar experience and can offer advice, do I just wait it out?
                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Oh, I know people are going to say 'go see a doc', I probably will but I'm fairly sure all that will come of that is a box of xanax, I'm more interested in hearing experiential advice.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                      Good with kids. Brunch imo.
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Not a sign of a blaa yet. Starting to think it's an urban myth.
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                          Oh, I know people are going to say 'go see a doc', I probably will but I'm fairly sure all that will come of that is a box of xanax, I'm more interested in hearing experiential advice.
                                                                          Go see a doc.

At least get the all clear on the physical side of the attacks, they may even help with the mental side of the attacks or could put you in touch with someone who could help, nothing wrong with the right medication either.

You have obviously been under tremendous stress, maybe speak to the doctor about grief counseling.

Like most situations, when you are in the middle of it, it can feel very overwhelming, it is only once you get out of that circle and can look in you can rationalise things again.

I suffer from anxietly myself (not diagnosed), really sill things, over complicating things usually.

Not a fan of speaking on the phone, if i know i have to calll someone i will play out 20 different scenarios in my head first. Completely irrational.

Same with sleeping, so many thought running through my head when i go to bed, i describe it as the old timetables in a train station, with all the letters flickering over and over and over.

It is such a sign of strength to ask for help when you have trouble coping. Not the other way around.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

One for the two lads here. You can almost hear how pissed off the Legion person in charge I the Twitter account is. If you want to look at each tweet they just get more angry each time do them no harm to be taken down a notch.

Comment

I've been experiencing really strong anxiety and anxiety attacks lately. Particularly at night time.

The night time ones have been happening sporadically over the last few years and I had gotten used to them. The first time it happened I was freaked out until I researched it and realised it was harmless.

That time, I was lying in bed about to go to sleep when just as I was about to drift off I got this jolt in my chest on the left side, then it happened again, and again. I jumped up out of bed and started googling heart attacks.
                                                                                Don't ever do that.

Figured out the next day that it's fairly common, and is simply anxiety.

Anytime it happened after that I just dealt with it and considered it an inconvenience, nothing more.

I've rationalised that it's an evolved trait, the fight or flight response is over stimulated and the brain is basically keeping you awake as presumably ancestors that fell asleep during times of danger got eaten, those that got dummy heart attacks stayed awake and lived to pass the trait on.

As I said, these episodes have always been sporadic and relatively mild until recently. I think given what happened recently my body is in a constant state of fight or flight.
                                                                                I'm getting really severe attacks of it almost nightly, and even though I know what it is, I'm still doubting myself while it's happening, thinking I'm having a heart attack, or a stroke. Had a horrible one last Wed night, evey time I started to drift I would get either a strong jolt, like an electric shock to my chest or a dizzy feeling of blood rushing to my head, I thought I was having a stroke, even though I knew I wasn't if that makes sense. Even though you're able to rationalise it in the moment, you still can't help having irrational fear.

Xanax works, but I don't want to be taking anything like that, can't get out of the bed in the morning when I do.

Have had a few daytime attacks too, which seem to be worse, but thankfully not too many.

My mood or general mental state doesn't seem to have any bearing on it, got one this morning for instance on the way home from the Parkrun, I was feeling great at the time.

Looking to see if anyone has had a similar experience and can offer advice, do I just wait it out?
                                                                                Have you figured out what could be triggering them at all? I think, and I could be wrong, that anxiety attacks can often be caused if you are experiencing a lot of stress or feeling a lot of pressure in some area(s) of your life.
                                                                                My only suggestion would be to speak to a therapist about it and see if it's something that you would need to medicate or if there is some other solution.
                                                                                I know people who have suffered anxiety for a long time(they often get them at night before some stressful moment in the coming days) and I don't think it goes away by just hoping it will pass, you need to try confront it and figure out the underlying causes. Hopefully you manage to do it Conor.

Comment

Laz, Cut out or down on weed if you are using it. Doc will tell you to see a counsellor you could save yourself the surgery visit by just picking one from the Irish psychological association website or pm'ing hotspur for a recommendation.

Comment

Decent sweat on the HT FT rugby bet now

WP sickpuppy Leinster not quite do WP

Comment

pathetic
                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

At the Connacht Leinster game m8s. It's cold.

Comment

Cheers lads, solid advice. Maybe chatting to a professional is the way to go.

Comment

FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Decent sweat on the HT FT rugby bet now

WP sickpuppy Leinster not quite do WP
                                                                                              Gross stuff delighted for Conn though. Ryan dropping a simple pass in 22 when 7-3 up other poor mistakes. Redic heart from Connacht didn't think 7 would be enough.

Comment

Lazare I've been through that after a festival a couple of times, I don't envy you if it's happening anywah regularly!
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Loving this matchplay. Beautiful golf course.
                                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                    Gross stuff delighted for Conn though. Ryan dropping a simple pass in 22 when 7-3 up other poor mistakes. Redic heart from Connacht didn't think 7 would be enough.
                                                                                                    Ryan made a few very bad mistakes. Cullen was too slow to unleash the bench IMO. Takes at least 10 minutes for a bench to really get trucking. Very unlucky Mick and great result for Connacht. Still think Leinster will win the playoffs.

Comment

Anyone got any links for the John Oliver Show. got some guests who are fans and tvmuse links are all taken down.

thanks

Comment

We've often complained about how certain countries have straightforward WC qualification, the USA in Concacaf being a prime 'open goal' example.
                                                                                                        So its interesting to see them in a spot of bother in their very easy preliminary qualifying group.. Beaten by Guatemala last night, play the same opposition at home on Wednesday and if they lose they'll be effectively eliminated 27 months before the World Cup starts.

Lots of their famous big heart needed.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                          Ryan made a few very bad mistakes. Cullen was too slow to unleash the bench IMO. Takes at least 10 minutes for a bench to really get trucking. Very unlucky Mick and great result for Connacht. Still think Leinster will win the playoffs.
                                                                                                          Ya read a article he was unhappy with game time no wonder. Madigan poor blocked down twice not looking for the drop at the end. Lacked courage and conviction to try. Ruddock leaving a ball behind in a scrub which would have yielded a pen was poor as well. Possible Leinster pen last scrum loughney just dropped but 6 points with a gale on your back

Comment

got some on youtube - thanks anyhoo.

sorry to hear about the attacks Conor.

Comment

Sorry to be in the go to your GP camp, but there it is.

Also had to post the weird area of Youtube I discovered today. I bring you Showry. Has to be NSFW

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Any chance England VGermany friendly has a bit of spark? I'm fucking out of ideas otherwise

Comment

Connacht fans singing we are top of the league was class. Few of the players reacted like they won a trophy. Class to see.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                        Connacht fans singing we are top of the league was class. Few of the players reacted like they won a trophy. Class to see.
                                                                                                                        Had the pleasure of watching it in a limerick bar where everyone was shouting for Connacht. It was 79:57 on the tv when ball was kicked out. Nearly had a heart attack. Also Madigan is a bottler of the highest degree, should have taken a drip goal a few times in the last 10. Recommend you head for O Connell's in Eyre Square

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                          There's just something about eating slightly curved shards of chocolate that outdoes regular chocolate eating
                                                                                                                          Congrats on being top of both tables... Thought Kev could never be overtaken.

Worst poster ever
                                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X