X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck it. I miss cheltenham.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      Good stuff - €36 & claim it all as my own work. tyty.
      Have been thinking about getting this in for the next while with the baby and herself in recovery.
      The largest issue seems to be what to do while the cleaner is in.
      What is the normal rule of thumb?
      Stay in the house, if so do you avoid them by staying in a room not yet cleaned? Leave? Make small talk?
      It's quite the conundrum
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          Have been thinking about getting this in for the next while with the baby and herself in recovery.
          Stay in the house, if so do you avoid them by staying in a room not yet cleaned? Leave? Make small talk?
          It's quite the conundrum
          I've been home a few times when the cleaner arrived. Apart from having to ask for permission to use the bathroom, there was no awkwardness at all. Helps that our cleaner is a stoic eastern-bloc type so she's not interested in smalltalk.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            It's quite the conundrum
            Lol, seriously? just go in the cellar like Hitch!

Just tell her to let you know when she wants to do the room you're in so you can get out of her way.

a cleaner 2 hours a week is just such good value for money, i'm always amazed to hear when people don't have them!

Found out the other day a good friend of mine and his wife, my age, married, good jobs and no kids still don't have one ,and have never had one
            their place is a pigsty as a result and claimed it was because they didn't like having someone they didn't know being in their flat. WTF?????
            Last edited by shrapnel; 23-03-16, 15:52.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
              Lol, seriously? just go in the cellar like Hitch!

Just tell her to let you know when she wants to do the room you're in so you can get out of her way.

a cleaner 2 hours a week is just such good value for money, i'm always amazed to hear when people don't have them!

Found out the other day a good friend of mine and his wife, my age, married, good jobs and no kids still don't have one ,and have never had one
              their place is a pigsty as a result and claimed it was because they didn't like having someone they didn't know being in their flat. WTF?????
              I guess it's an inherited catholic guilt thing.
              Something about sitting around while someone cleans my house makes me fierce uncomfortable.
              Not enough to do it myself mind but still....
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Just get a neato imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  Just get a neato imo.
                  you do realise that hoovering is only a tiny part of cleaning don't you?

Comment

Just get a neato imo.
                    If only the fucker could clean empty cans and bottles on a Sunday morning
                    airport, lol

Comment

Comment

you do realise that hoovering is only a tiny part of cleaning don't you?
                        Most time consuming part though! The rest can be done while you're waiting on your Deliveroo.

Comment

Most time consuming part though! The rest can be done while you're waiting on your Deliveroo.
                          you're doing it wrong, it's the least time consuming

Comment

you're doing it wrong, it's the least time consuming
                            Washing clothes is nut worst, too many stages to it.
                            airport, lol

Comment

God, if only hoovering was the most time consuming. Also a house needs much more than two hours a week cleaning imo. Up those hours boys.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                Washing clothes is nut worst, too many stages to it.
                                wait till you have kids. easily a wash a day, 2 days tops. the whole flat has clothes drying all the time!

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                God, if only hoovering was the most time consuming. Also a house needs much more than two hours a week cleaning imo. Up those hours boys.
                                i agree, but 2 hours a week is already a good start.

Comment

Comment

Comment

wait till you have kids. easily a wash a day, 2 days tops. the whole flat has clothes drying all the time!

i agree, but 2 hours a week is already a good start.
                                      Jaysus if that happens anytime soon washing clothes will be down the list of worries!
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Mexican Themed Birthday Shindig at the weekend and Im gonna go as Donald Trump with my two mates as construction workers to build my wall.

I can't buy the "Make America Great Again" hats here as its considered a foreign donation to his campaign so I bought some red hats, some tipex and am gonna make them. Made a lapel button "Trump for Walls" Have some American themed socks, a nice fat red tie, and an awful...awful wig.

Only issue is this fucking beard, not shaving it but any suggestions?
                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I like listening to washing machines.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                            I like listening to washing machines.
                                            I like smashing them up with a sledge hammer, very satisfying activity.
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              I like smashing them up with a sledge hammer, very satisfying activity.
                                              Is that Indian supermarket up at the back of Park West still on the go?

Comment

The most Irish thing to do is hire a cleaner and make sure your house is clean before she arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                  There's a great one beside the NCT centre off the Fonthill rd. Eurasia it's called.

Bought a tub of cock flavoured seasoning there once for the craic, turned out to be awesome, I stick it into everything.
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                    Mexican Themed Birthday Shindig at the weekend and Im gonna go as Donald Trump with my two mates as construction workers to build my wall.

I can't buy the "Make America Great Again" hats here as its considered a foreign donation to his campaign so I bought some red hats, some tipex and am gonna make them. Made a lapel button "Trump for Walls" Have some American themed socks, a nice fat red tie, and an awful...awful wig.

Don't wear the wig and say your hair is trying to escape your head but you built a wall across your neck and made your face pay for it
                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Make a big papier mache chin to cover up the beard. Or buy a mask and cut off the chin bit.
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Having just accepted a 3-year position in Saudi Arabia on Monday, this thread hasn't inspired confidence in my decision this week.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                          Having just accepted a 3-year position in Saudi Arabia on Monday, this thread hasn't inspired confidence in my decision this week.
                                                          Always thought you were a guy

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                            I know three people working as Nurses in Saudi for the last 3 years and they love it. No issues.

Comment

A good hearty lol about the Dubai paramedics story from me.

Comment

George Lee did a good programme on the Irish in Dubai and their perspective on living there with local customs etc.

Not every bus route is as stellar as the No.1 route but are drivers otherwise generally lamping full fare charge on leap card approachers to the hatch for short hops because they resent the intrusion?. Twice recently i was done like this for a 4-6 stage stop and i dont take the bus all that often. Is it a soup nazi approach they prefer you to take when approaching them placing the leap card on the panel and stating your destination?. And can you ask for a reciept when you scan you get your card scanned by a driver?.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                  Don't wear the wig and say your hair is trying to escape your head but you built a wall across your neck and made your face pay for it
                                                                  That is FAR too complicated for a drunk person to get their head around. Puzzled looks.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                  Make a big papier mache chin to cover up the beard. Or buy a mask and cut off the chin bit.
                                                                  Yeah, it was this or as someone here advised turn a swimming hat upside down and cut a mouth hole.
                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                      Yea but the guy doing the good Dosa Masala isn't there any more.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                        Write a coming-of-age story but the twist is the main character's nearly 40.
                                                                        Your biography?

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                        Would never happen.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                        Think Syria was very modern before it all went wrong. I work with a lot of profs from there, seems a disproportionate number, so presumably education was a big factor in that society, even if I'm being anecdotal.

A lot of the bs that happens in other ME societies doesn't seem to have been the same feature of their society - women and men share classes in uni, voting rights since 1949, female vice-president, women can join the army. Got all that from wiki, and surely there's unfair stuff aswell, but seems miles away from the likes of Saudi. According to the Global Gender Gap study they were well ahead of India, for e.g., in terms of equal rights for women before the fighting started. Not too different to Mexico / Japan. Not that those are shining examples for women's rights, but it suggests they are in a different category to bottom table lurkers like Saudi / Yemen.

The winner of most equal Muslim country in the world appears to be Azerbaijan, showing the advantages of a political class that favour good old fashioned USSR strong-man tactics over voodoo to control the masses. Leading to the situation where 95% are Muslim yet:
                                                                        Eurovision the common denominator. Get the more extreme countries into Eurovision and everything will turn out grand.
                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                          A good hearty lol about the Dubai paramedics story from me.
                                                                          Fuck you Ya reptile

Comment

W20 20 delivers

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

One of the greatest chokes ever. Second last ball.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The Monk shot?

Nope.
                                                                                Someone though
                                                                                Last edited by Emmet; 23-03-16, 21:01.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

Not every bus route is as stellar as the No.1 route but are drivers otherwise generally lamping full fare charge on leap card approachers to the hatch for short hops because they resent the intrusion?. Twice recently i was done like this for a 4-6 stage stop and i dont take the bus all that often. Is it a soup nazi approach they prefer you to take when approaching them placing the leap card on the panel and stating your destination?. And can you ask for a reciept when you scan you get your card scanned by a driver?.
                                                                                  Maybe just some idiots pressing the wrong button .
                                                                                  You can ask for a status report ticket. The driver presses the enter button when you present your card and you will get a big long ticket that shows the products on your ticket the balance remaining and the last 5 transactions that you have made. Don't forget that there is a daily cap of €6.90 on the bus aswell .

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                    The Monk shot?

Nope.
                                                                                    Someone though
                                                                                    Leonard Hardy i think

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                      Leonard Hardy i think
                                                                                      We'll be staring to think youre involved with all the info you have.
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Going to stop my chuckling indulgence of Trump, really not liking the stuff about bringing g american jobs back home.
                                                                                        Now endorsing Hillary think she will make an excellent sellout traitor of her own people and continue to allow yanks to employ bums like me in a tax efficient manner

Comment

We had some Saudi delegates over through the local IT. They wouldn't shake hands with our female GM and were very awkward/dismissive around her. One of the managers described it as similar to the Fr Ted episode where Jack dies with the female solicitor.

Comment

That food programme with Boucher-Hayes was fairly dreadful. Presents a load of science to say processed food is shit, and then concludes with 'life is short, eat it anyway'.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                              We had some Saudi delegates over through the local IT. They wouldn't shake hands with our female GM and were very awkward/dismissive around her. One of the managers described it as similar to the Fr Ted episode where Jack dies with the female solicitor.
                                                                                              The handshaking thing is standard in the ME but being dismissive wouldn't be my experience.
                                                                                              The women in the offices I meet are treated with great respect but they'd want to be because they tend to be the smart ones who do most of the work.
                                                                                              Last week at an office in Iran I forgot what I was doing and tried to shake hands with the same woman, I'd been working with her online for weeks, on two different occasions. She was grand and dealt with it fine but I did get a 'you just made a faux pas' look from some of the men.
                                                                                              As it happens we are fairly sure the woman in question is gay and hot for one of my female colleagues.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                  That food programme with Boucher-Hayes was fairly dreadful. Presents a load of science to say processed food is shit, and then concludes with 'life is short, eat it anyway'.
                                                                                                  The Chef vs Science food programme on BBC4 is quite good

Edit yuo'll love what he does to get the wine to breathe quickly
                                                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 23-03-16, 21:55.

Comment

Was going to go to citywest to play an IO satt tonight, was getting ready to go out when I came to the realisation that the worst thing that could happen is that I won a seat and had to play over the weekend.

Might play the seniors event instead

Comment

Strewelpeter and Solskjaer walked into a bar .

Barman said -GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                        Strewelpeter and Solskjaer walked into a bar .

Barman said -GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.
                                                                                                        You should play the Seniors event with me we can do a % swap

Comment

Have to mind my very young child plus the shah of Helsinki is visiting . I have no Google proof of this

Comment

The Chef vs Science food programme on BBC4 is quite good

Edit yuo'll love what he does to get the wine to breathe quickly
                                                                                                            Blender ? If so that would be fairly standard.
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Just wanted to check everyone is doing ok, what with having no government and all. Haven't heard of any reports of panic buying of tinned goods yet.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                                Just wanted to check everyone is doing ok, what with having no government and all. Haven't heard of any reports of panic buying of tinned goods yet.
                                                                                                                Ah shure all stocked up since 2009, ignoring the best before dates ftw
                                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Jesus I would hate to be generalised by age like that publicly

Its great being young
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                    Nobody on the internet enjoys clickbait - spit it out
                                                                                                                    He splashed the whole botttle into a blender and turned it on high for 20 seconds.
                                                                                                                    The experts said it tasted perfect but no one could handle him treating good wine like that

Comment

Kinda thought that Luas situation was all sorted, ignored the fact that the union have to vote on it http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irela...ises-1.2584740
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

First time in years having to deal with actual people in a phone shop, it was a highly frustrating experience.
                                                                                                                        Gimps, every last fucking one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                                          Yeah. All good. Still feeling all that love you professed for us last week should keep us ticking over for a while!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X