UEFA vice-president Giancarlo Abete has suggested that matches could be played without spectators following this morning’s attacks in Brussels.

MATCHES AT EURO 2016 could be played behind closed doors due to the threat of terror attacks, says Uefa executive committee vice-president Giancarlo Abete

Was on the train in Sydney heading into Central from North Sydney one morning two weeks ago and there was a black bag, gym bag, that was definitely unattended sitting just inside the door of the carriage I got into.

Guy beside me, white chap in suit kept eyeing it up nervously, like stare at his phone and then at the bag and so on until the next station and then he jumped off and changed carriages.

Freaked me out a little tbh but rationalised that he was crazy. Maybe not so much.

absolutely obliterated the screen on my iphone 6+

1. Where in the amiens street/o'connell street area can I get it replaced
        2. was there something in the latest update about non apple approved interference on iphones and them being locked down
        3. I will also likely get a new phone now, what to get? The fav is a standard iPhone 6 but what of phones like the samsung edge or whatever the latest craze is?
        In relation to point 2. There was but Apple have updated the update to stop this.

Just back to my hotel in Brussels after been on lock down in a commission building all day, scary shit and such a surreal atmosphere, missed the maelbeek explosion by literally 5 mins.

absolutely obliterated the screen on my iphone 6+

1. Where in the amiens street/o'connell street area can I get it replaced
            2. was there something in the latest update about non apple approved interference on iphones and them being locked down
            3. I will also likely get a new phone now, what to get? The fav is a standard iPhone 6 but what of phones like the samsung edge or whatever the latest craze is?
            I think GSM on Abbey St does repairs.

People fcking blowing themselves up
                  I've said it before and I'll say it again, Fuck these dickheads.

Just back to my hotel in Brussels after been on lock down in a commission building all day, scary shit and such a surreal atmosphere, missed the maelbeek explosion by literally 5 mins.
                    Thinly veiled supping EU gravy brag

Some editor of a travel magazine on RTE reckons we need to move to screening people at the door of Dublin airport, dont think he gets the concept that its just a crowd of people they are after.

'Security Expert' on Radio 5 earlier suggested that screening take place as you get off the train at an airport.

Radio Presenter says "would they not just do the same thing there?"

Guy says "well I suppose you could screen them as they get on the train instead?".
                        Last edited by Emmet; 22-03-16, 19:05.

Thinly veiled supping EU gravy brag
                          Yup that was my first thought! Was actually strongly considering an offer of a full time gig here but think I will give it a miss.

'Security Expert' on Radio 5 earlier suggested that screening take place as you get off the train at an airport.

Guy says "well I suppose you get screen them as they get on the train instead?".
                            Ha exactly, you'd wonder how these lads are chosen to speak.

Yup that was my first thought! Was actually strongly considering an offer of a full time gig here but think I will give it a miss.
                              Yeah fuck it, just head to the IPO instead init.

Guy says "well I suppose you could screen them as they get on the train instead?".
                                It'd probably be +lifeEV to get rid of most of the screening. How many human lifetimes have we lost to security screening versus lives saved.

Profiling is the only workable solution. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel...b_4978149.html

The PC brigade wouldn't like it of course.

Yeah fuck it, just head to the IPO instead init.
                                    If I get fuckin home in time!

SIPTU / NBRU and Dublin Bus are in the WRC tomorrow. They're only looking for 21%.

(6% back - dated to 2009 and then 15% of a raise going forward )

Anything the Luas can do.......

Collecting my new motor in the morning too. Better not let them see that before we get a rise

I think this may have been in place during the 80's?

We'd have to build a train to the airport first.

I think this may have been in place during the 80's?
                                          You'd have a better idea of that than me m8

Ostrich Steaks for tea. Nice but il stick to cow.

There is serious disconnect between the immigrant population and the natives in Brussels. My friend lives in Schaerbeek, which could in parts be mistaken for Algiers. You can feel the animosity although oddly enough foreigners seem to get a pass.
                                              Just to back this up, raids today in Schaerbeek. My friend is trying to sell his gaff there, imagine this ain't good for property prices.

The brudder is a paramedic in Dubai . The worst part of the job for him is in the event of a eg car crash , you must first tend to the men before you even look at Mary gasping for life saving treatment . What kind of a fucked up belief system is that ?
                                                if they owned the titanic , every man jack would have survived and you'd have been aware a boat sank . The treatment of wimmins is shocking but even worse is the acceptance of it . We need to radicalise their wimmins to the ways of pankhurst

Just to back this up, raids today in Schaerbeek. My friend is trying to sell his gaff there, imagine this ain't good for property prices.
                                                  Best wishes to Ismal

Careful around dem cows , we nearly lost a hairy ray

The brudder is a paramedic in Dubai . The worst part of the job for him is in the event of a eg car crash , you must first tend to the men before you even look at Mary gasping for life saving treatment . What kind of a fucked up belief system is that ?
                                                      if they owned the titanic , every man jack would have survived and you'd have been aware a boat sank . The treatment of wimmins is shocking but even worse is the acceptance of it . We need to radicalise their wimmins to the ways of pankhurst
                                                      I'm sorry and I'm sure he has good reasons for needing money or whatever but working under the system is disgusting and he is basically facilitating it. I'd rather be poor and look myself in the eye in the morning.

Wow. That is fairly fucked up.

Giddy up 8 days holidays.

I found they had a weird texture, not unlike overdone liver, i hate liver.

SIPTU / NBRU and Dublin Bus are in the WRC tomorrow. They're only looking for 21%.

(6% back - dated to 2009 and then 15% of a raise going forward )

Anything the Luas can do.......

Collecting my new motor in the morning too. Better not let them see that before we get a rise
                                                              Are dublin bus still losing money?
                                                              Sure just keep jacking up the price of tickets be grand.
                                                              It seem over half the people on the bus get it for free.
                                                              Pay rises for all.

And this is supposed to be a modern open minded islamic society.
                                                                Dont know how he could do that to be honest either.

Liver, bacon, spud and onion gravy, dinner of kings. Or peasants. But damn tasty

And this is supposed to be a modern open minded islamic society.
                                                                    maybe in the eyes of their PR people

Islamism is totally incompatible with modernism.

[citation needed]

maybe in the eyes of their PR people

Racist islamaphobe etc etc etc.
                                                                        But if you say so lay out the facts your called all manner of names.

Cooked it the same way I'd cook a fillet steak. Rub some oil, salt and pepper on them and a nob of butter towards the end.

Just deep down I knew it wasn't fillet steak and it didn't have that flavour burst of a medium rare fillet.

Are dublin bus still losing money?
                                                                              Sure just keep jacking up the price of tickets be grand.
                                                                              It seem over half the people on the bus get it for free.
                                                                              Pay rises for all.
                                                                              They're well back in profit now . They always seem to have loads of money for everything bar the staff.

Giddy up 8 days holidays.
                                                                                Presume we'll see you in the bar at Citywest so?

You think his brother is making it up about how he has to do his job?
                                                                                  I don't know, maybe he is saying there is a tendency for individuals to allow their personal attitudes overcome their professionalism, which would be shocking. I know a number of people who work in hospitals all over the Middle East over decades and I have never heard about any such rules.

Something tells me Solskjaer is earning devious brownie points here with the Mrs. Loudly typing that with both index fingers while sitting as close to the wife as possible. Then getting up to go to the jacks with the laptop screen of his freshly typed post slightly tilted toward her.

You think his brother is making it up about how he has to do his job?
                                                                                        You'd expect it to be common knowledge if it was a 'rule', due to the sheer numbers of westerners who work there and report back afterwards. But no other mention of it that I can see anywhere on the internet.

This might provide some context as to how completely fucked-up Islamic doctrine is:

Edit:and this.

Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 22-03-16, 22:15.

What a difference a shave makes. My year bet over with regard to not shaving (much) If I had a pound for ever feker who said I was Taliban, homeless or escaped convict I would be rich. Never again!
                                                                                              Before is at a fishing comp weigh in Sunday, [IMG][/IMG]

after is today leaving a bit of stubble :-) [IMG][/IMG]

Wife happier..........

No more than any other religion would be if people really believed. What is different is how deeply embedded in the culture and how fervently held the tenets of the religion are.

They're well back in profit now . They always seem to have loads of money for everything bar the staff.
                                                                                                  Maybe if ye didn't take so much sick pay they might have more money to pay ye.

Jaysus Stan, I'm surprised the wife didn't kick you out for looking like that. Did you win much on the bet?

Checking out YouTube tutorials on Lightroom and Photoshop in advance of me new camera, the things that can be done post to RAW images is just amazing.

Would most of the pics one views have a lot of editing done to them ?

edit: Obv excluding the 2 above...
                                                                                                      Last edited by oleras; 22-03-16, 22:19.

No more than any other religion would be if people really believed. What is different is how deeply embedded in the culture and how fervently held the tenets of the religion are.
                                                                                                        Education is the key imo

Not even the pope would advocate everything in the Bible should be taken literally. Yet this is exactly what radical Islam believes.

Christianity has evolved (and is mostly irrelevant or ignored in Western society). Islam has regressed and is in its own version of the Dark Ages.

Given that separation of the sexes is a central tenet of the religion, and that the doctrine there says nothing that is in any way conflicting with the Hippocratic oath, I don't see what is exceptional the only nod towards doctrine is saying is that a doctor should try to avoid 'being in total privacy' with an opposite sex patient. Also this is a rule of an individual Imam and has nothing to do with the rules of any hospital or health authority.

What the fucking fuck?

If the treatment is on her private parts; then he should teach and instruct a female to treat her. If this is not possible and it is feared that the woman patient may die or undergo unbearable pains, only then it will be permissible for a male doctor to treat her, provided her non effected parts of the body are covered and provided he keeps his gaze as low as much as possible except from the effected area.

Given that separation of the sexes is a central tenet of the religion, and that the doctrine there says nothing that is in any way conflicting with the Hippocratic oath, I don't see what is exceptional the only nod towards doctrine is saying is that a doctor should try to avoid 'being in total privacy' with an opposite sex patient. Also this is a rule of an individual Imam and has nothing to do with the rules of any hospital or health authority.
                                                                                                              Here's the key question to test your liberalism.

Would you be happy for your daughter to marry a pious Muslim?

I wouldn't.

The after pic is clearly Razor Ruddock.

I don't know, maybe he is saying there is a tendency for individuals to allow their personal attitudes overcome their professionalism, which would be shocking. I know a number of people who work in hospitals all over the Middle East over decades and I have never heard about any such rules.
                                                                                                                  Jaysus, do you sprinkle your own shit on your cornflakes in the morning. He told me it's practice. I will tell him some old fart on the internet has stuck an ATM into an outpatients department and overheard different in the hospital cafeteria.

Education is the key imo

Not even the pope would advocate everything in the Bible should be taken literally. Yet this is exactly what radical Islam believes.

Christianity has evolved (and is mostly irrelevant or ignored in Western society). Islam has regressed and is in its own version of the Dark Ages.
                                                                                                                    I agree completely about education being the most important thing.

True believers in all faiths are the same, countries and societies differ.

Most muslim countries in 2016 are very much more adapted to modernity than the Ireland as 1966 was and the couple of outliers are just about where we were then.

I agree completely about education being the most important thing.

True believers in all faiths are the same, countries and societies differ.

Most muslim countries in 2016 are very much more adapted to modernity than the Ireland as 1966 was and the couple of outliers are just about where we were then.
                                                                                                                      Who are these 'couple of outliers'?

And which Muslim countries would you see as being exemplars of modernity?

I would have the list weighted in the opposite direction obviously.

Jaysus, do you sprinkle your own shit on your cornflakes in the morning. He told me it's practice. I will tell him some old fart on the internet has stuck an ATM into an outpatients department and overheard different in the hospital cafeteria.
                                                                                                                        you must first tend to the men
                                                                                                                        If its his practice he should be ashamed of himself. If its his colleagues and he doesn't actively report their crimes then he should be fired.
                                                                                                                        If he really believes that to be true he should not work in the system.

If its his practice he should be ashamed of himself. If its his colleagues and he doesn't actively report their crimes then he should be fired.
                                                                                                                          If he really believes that to be true he should not work in the system.
                                                                                                                          Report to who your delusional do you think that a proper hr system is in place in these countries?
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 22-03-16, 22:39.