Tories seem to have an affliction that when they're in power for too long they get bored and start doing crazy shit. Random examples from last time - Aitkins arms-dealer lobbying; Archer - so so many things; Mellor - toe sucking. They are a weird bunch of lads.
    Public schools - what do you expect?

According to wiki Ian hislop was a member of Piers Graveston

The description of the Bullington club from this passage fits our own Horsehead elite pretty neatly

A more political interpretation has been put on the club as a means for mutual humiliation and the creation of shared secrets, for the furtherance of future political loyalty amongst its members, "I know your secret and you know mine, so let’s stay on the same side, yeah?".[4] This has been contrasted to the simpler approach of the Bullingdon Club, where fraternity was built on the development of shared values: a sense of inherent superiority and of hating the poor.[4]
      Probably was ian hislops head anthoo .

Stfu Rob.

You're full of shit.
        Somewhere in Kilcoole today a mother is shaking her head wondering why the liquor cabinet is half empty...

Since its an uproven allegation with no evidence to support it the story will be almost forgotten about in a month. The only way it damages him seriously is if further details or supporting testimony comes out and keeps the story alive.
          Author interviewed last night basically saying "we wrote it, up to you to consider whether it's true or not".

The allegations about David Cameron, the Oxford dining society, and what may or may not have found its way into a pigs head have been called "pretty low rent...

2mins on.

also posted this across the way
          I thought it funny that what the local radio station here (in a staunchly Labour area) took from the whole story was that Cameron should probably be applauded for refusing to allow Ashcroft to buy his way into Government!

Public schools - what do you expect?
            Waaaayyyy weirder fetishes.

A black lad putting a brick through Dixons window and grabbing an iPhone as part of his secret societies initiation would face a criminal record and likely a jail term for so-called gang activities.
              Its one rule for the white necrophiliac toff students and another for the rest of us.

Leave Cameron alone.

A black lad putting a brick through Dixons window and grabbing an iPhone as part of his secret societies initiation would face a criminal record and likely a jail term for so-called gang activities.
                  Its one rule for the white necrophiliac toff students and another for the rest of us.
                  in Ireland, he would probably have to do it fifty times before going to jail

Ahem Brother.

Nice shin snapper by Tevez

<snipped for gruesome>
                      LOL. What a humungous cunt.

What do David Cameron and Spar have in common.

They both pull pork.....

I am sorry

drones building a rope bridge to support humans autonomously, amazing for now, hilarious to look at in 20 years:

Building a rope bridge with flying machines in the ETH Zurich Flying Machine Arena.The video shows quadrocopters autonomously assembling a rope bridge. This ...

Paid Paternity leave?

Does anyone here get it? If so how much? In negotiations at the minute.

Since its an uproven allegation with no evidence to support it the story will be almost forgotten about in a month. The only way it damages him seriously is if further details or supporting testimony comes out and keeps the story alive.
                              This
                              Whilst everyone is entitled to their private life;
                              A sitting Prime Minister who has banned a lot of sexual behavior (face sitting, BDSM etc) and has refused to address moving cannabis from a class A drug (coke binges also leaked). That you believe that this should have no impact on his tenure says a lot about how far expectations have fallen for the leaders of the worlld
                              was there ever a time when it was different?

Paid Paternity leave?

I'm planning on becoming an avid telecommuter.

Paid Paternity leave?

They get a massive 3 days here

What was highly strung I couldn't care less what he does in private. I was commenting on how strange it is that everyone seems to just accept that he did it and are for now willing to laugh at it.
                                    It is interesting the way it has played out, I do think its damaging to Cameron, he is a laughing stock from now on and that can't be undone.
                                    We can assume given the Charlie Booker TV show that the story was well known amongst the cognoscenti for years but no one had the balls to put it out there when it might have mattered i.e. before the election. Now its kind of irrelevant, Cameron already made himself a lame duck by saying he won't run for a third term so Ashcroft &Co have no problem speeding up the process of replacing him Especially when you think that with Corbyn in place they could probably even get Boris elected next time.
                                    Last week Will Self and Matthew Parris were saying that Corbyn might only last a few weeks (in a very good discussion on C4 news worth checking out for those interested) but right now I think I'd rather have Corbyn in a last longest with Cameron.

Highly strung was probably the wrong phrase, apologies, I think you're amazement that everyone just accepts it is weird. I honestly don't think anyone finds it unbelievable - and laughing at it is all you can do, what else? Outrage? Be horrified? Disgusted? Nah. Chap stuck his mickey in a dead pigs mouth. Gas stuff altogether.

If the story was more about bestiality and less typical University dickhead behavior then I'd find it strange.

I sort of feel sorry for him, imagine having to talk to Putin or Merkel after this? lol.

Paid Paternity leave?

Mothers, 6 months off paid, fathers...get time off if mother dies.
                                      Sure it's all equal!

(that is the handbook, no idea of the reality)
                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 22-09-15, 13:55.

Paid Paternity leave?

3 days

Unpaid...knock yourself out if you can get boss\HR to agree to it. Key word is 'unpaid'.

According to wiki Ian hislop was a member of Piers Graveston

The description of the Bullington club from this passage fits our own Horsehead elite pretty neatly

A more political interpretation has been put on the club as a means for mutual humiliation and the creation of shared secrets, for the furtherance of future political loyalty amongst its members, "I know your secret and you know mine, so let’s stay on the same side, yeah?".[4] This has been contrasted to the simpler approach of the Bullingdon Club, where fraternity was built on the development of shared values: a sense of inherent superiority and of hating the poor.[4]
                                          The Horsehead don't hate the poor. They hate the fact that these people choose to be poor

Highly strung was probably the wrong phrase, apologies, I think you're amazement that everyone just accepts it is weird. I honestly don't think anyone finds it unbelievable - and laughing at it is all you can do, what else? Outrage? Be horrified? Disgusted? Nah. Chap stuck his mickey in a dead pigs mouth. Gas stuff altogether.

If the story was more about bestiality and less typical University dickhead behavior then I'd find it strange.

I sort of feel sorry for him, imagine having to talk to Putin or Merkel after this? lol.
                                            It's like something from Prez or transmetropolitan

Paid Paternity leave?

You go to work, you get paid, you are on leave from your paternal duties. Win win

Daddies are much more use when child gets a bit older, you are almost literally as useful as tits on a bull right now.

Anyone here do Agile stand-up meetings?

New manager hosted our first one on Monday. The team are cool with it except for some reason nobody wanted to stand-up. New manager not impressed.

Hard rock hotel let you have a complimentary fender and amp for your stay, there is going to be some amount of guitar wankers. Will use holidays to extend the trip, gonna brush up on me oasis now

You go to work, you get paid, you are on leave from your paternal duties. Win win

Daddies are much more use when child gets a bit older, you are almost literally as useful as tits on a bull right now.
                                                    It's not for now. It's for later but I want to get it on record now as I'm negotiating now.

New manager hosted our first one on Monday. The team are cool with it except for some reason nobody wanted to stand-up. New manager not impressed.
                                                      I try to do walk meetings occasionally. Most people don't go for it but I like it a lot.

Like an auld lad.

His mistake looking for volunteers.

I try to do walk meetings occasionally. Most people don't go for it but I like it a lot.
                                                            I know of a small company I'd like to work for whereby the two owners conduct most of their meetings walking Dun Laoire peer. Sounds top drawer to me. Few 99's.
                                                            I imagine two is ideal, three grand and possibly gets impractical after that.

Hard rock hotel let you have a complimentary fender and amp for your stay, there is going to be some amount of guitar wankers. Will use holidays to extend the trip, gonna brush up on me oasis now
                                                              Ah it'll be great, packing my cowbell now.

Paid Paternity leave?

Best I've seen in places I've been in is 2 weeks paid.

Oh dear

That's pretty brilliant.
                                                                    Of all the complaints, I've heard about agile, not wanting to stand up at a stand up is a new one.

Dont forget greenday, nothing will fill a kitchen quicker than some bollix playing time of your life in a sitting room

Bought a bike. 600 smackers so thought it better be good. Pretty decent piece of kit I must admit. New bike has much narrower tires than the old one, and now I know why people always said the Luas tracks were dangerous. Went over them at the same angle I always would without issue and ended up on my face. Ripped my right knee and index finger wide open.

Then I got home and was just stripping off to put some dettol on my knee when my left calf cramped up. It was like nothing I have ever experienced. Completely crumbled to the floor and shouted to the wife for help. Had to explain to her how to treat calf cramp (who doesn't know that???) while lieing on the floor in agony.

tl,dr: In the wars today.
                                                                        Unlucky. The cramp sounds like dehydration. I suspect you were probably drinking the nite before or went out early in the morning with no breakfast or liquids to speak of?.

Paid Paternity leave?

The Volkswagen story is fairly outrageous.
                                                                            They set up the computers on 11 million cars to recognise when they were being tested and switch into a low emissions mode. In other words they said fuck the environment, fuck customers we can lie and cheat our way to $$$

Quite the display of contempt for everyone except their shareholders, but even they won't be happy now.

You would expect an EU regulator to fine them out of business for this kind of thing but being that they are German and too big to fail they will probably get off light enough here, US regulator will have a different attitude.

Markets dumped 20% off their value today, they will have to be very lucky for it not to be much worse in the long run.

Read $18bn as a potential fine imposed by US EPA.

that's only for ~ 400k cars.

I imagine that America isn't its biggest market....

The Volkswagen story is fairly outrageous.
                                                                                    They set up the computers on 11 million cars to recognise when they were being tested and switch into a low emissions mode. In other words they said fuck the environment, fuck customers we can lie and cheat our way to $$$

Quite the display of contempt for everyone except their shareholders, but even they won't be happy now.

You would expect an EU regulator to fine them out of business for this kind of thing but being that they are German and too big to fail they will probably get off light enough here, US regulator will have a different attitude.

Markets dumped 20% off their value today, they will have to be very lucky for it not to be much worse in the long run.
                                                                                    Ah sure who hasn’t cheated on a test.

Thats a number that would come close to busting them.
                                                                                      near enough 40% of their value and thats before the EU act

If the international NCT type people were to adjust their tests and fail the cars they would be faced with the mother of all product recalls.

Ah sure who hasn’t cheated on a test.
                                                                                        A small drop of petrol in with the Diesel works everytime on the Citroen

If the international NCT type people were to adjust their tests and fail the cars they would be faced with the mother of all product recalls.
                                                                                          Surely just about anyone is entitled to a full refund as the product was mis-sold?

No need for the NCT people to get involved!

I got two weeks paid paternity leave in 2014. Quite common

I took a month off after the birth of my first child, 2 weeks holiday and 2 weeks 'sick leave'.

An absolutely monumental event in my life and I was supposed to head off and leave my wife to it after a long weekend? Fuck that.

I took a month off after the birth of my first child, 2 weeks holiday and 2 weeks 'sick leave'.

An absolutely monumental event in my life and I was supposed to head off and leave my wife to it after a long weekend? Fuck that.
                                                                                                  ooooh, now I feel like a bad person.

Despite some of the commentary it's not clear whether there was similar shenanigans in Europe . It could just be a US measure specifically for Nitrous Oxide testing.

They've more than that in cash reserves.

Dont worry about that. I think there is a lot to be said for times old when a fella would rush into the pub to tell you if it was a boy or a girl.
                                                                                                        Or the most classic in my memory in Michael Collins when he snuck into the castle to see what they have on Sinn Fein. Ned Broy was nervously plaumausing the the drunken semi agressive night guard in Dublin Castle celebrating the birth of his son with a bottle of whiskey before falling asleep.

Ned Broy: Was it a boy or a girl?

Paid Paternity leave?

My place doesn't even pay women for maternity leave. I'd say I'd have some chance trying to negotiate parental leave if/when I wanted it!

VW stuff is almost psychopathic ; that people there engaged in this strategy that had to be eventually discovered. Class quote from the German economy minister yesterday: something along the lines of how he is apalled about the damage to the reputation of VW. Note: not that he was apalled at the environmental damage, but seemingly just that it was going to cost money.
                                                                                                            Surely they can't be the only manufacturer that did this.
                                                                                                            Wonder how it will affect emissions taxing on cars here.
                                                                                                            Will they all have to be done again?

I asked for weekend away suggestions a few weeks ago. I think honda suggested Galway. Herself chose Galway out of the options I took from here. Booked into some hotel in salthill for 3 nights, got a Sat, Sun, Mon stay for €240. Night at the dogs on Saturday, chilled day Sunday. There's a jazz session on in the Meyrick hotel and gonna go to the museum at Spanish arch. Horse riding on Monday morning and kayaking on Monday afternoon/evening. Looking forward to it now. Ipo dublin the following weekend then.

You were wise, going back to work was sweet mercy. At least I could take uninterrupted naps there.

It's a good thing that global warming is a myth.

Yep, super standard. The stand ups that is - not the 'I'm not standing for a stand up bit' if you get me.

It's a good thing that global warming is a myth.
                                                                                                                      sure it was lashing out earlier

Unlucky. The cramp sounds like dehydration. I suspect you were probably drinking the nite before or went out early in the morning with no breakfast or liquids to speak of?.
                                                                                                                        The reason I cramped was because I haven't exercised in ~2.5 years and then cycled twice in one day.

Cramp is very common in people with dairy issues since they tend to be short on Magnesium. I bought some supplements.

I asked for weekend away suggestions a few weeks ago. I think honda suggested Galway. Herself chose Galway out of the options I took from here. Booked into some hotel in salthill for 3 nights, got a Sat, Sun, Mon stay for €240. Night at the dogs on Saturday, chilled day Sunday. There's a jazz session on in the Meyrick hotel and gonna go to the museum at Spanish arch. Horse riding on Monday morning and kayaking on Monday afternoon/evening. Looking forward to it now. Ipo dublin the following weekend then.
                                                                                                                          That's a lot of ways to keep out of some of the finest pubs in Ireland