Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropped the iphone for the umpteenth time today but half the screen is now lines, took it apart and cleaned the 4 cables under the plate in the back but no joy. Anyone have any other tips?
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
      Dropped the iphone for the umpteenth time today but half the screen is now lines, took it apart and cleaned the 4 cables under the plate in the back but no joy. Anyone have any other tips?
      Buy a real phone

Comment

also i phones are dicks making their screws so tiny, cannot do this
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Bottle of this decanted:

Been waiting about 2 months for an excuse to drink it. Didn't think the eventual winner would be 'Friday'.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                In wine wankerish words: what is the feel of that wine vs say a €20 medoc randomly picked off a shelf? Is it an elevated mood, a feeling of the fine craftsmanship?
                I'm really bad at describing wine...being a scientist, such subjectivity makes me sad. I'd prefer a spectroscopic analysis of the molecular makeup.

I've had Lagrange from 1995 and 2001 and they've been the best bottles I've ever drank. Just so delicate, smooth...nice balance of cedar and berries. I'll report back when I've finished this one.
                Of course there's every chance that I would fail miserably to tell it apart from a 10 euro Tesco Bordeaux in a blind taste test, but I'm happy enough to be fooled into thinking I'm sophisticated.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                  Is no sky one really a drawback? They just seem to make middle of the road mediocre quirky dramedies like Stella,Trollied and moone boy.
                  There are some things the missus watches on it, plus in times of random flicking there may be a good (old) episode of the simpsons or futurama on. Missing the other sky sports channels is a big drawback though for me, as much as I'm ok finding streams for things when I need to, it really doesn't come anywhere close to the quality and reliability of watching it on proper tv channels, no matter what the likes of DP says. I've installed all the xbmc add ons and extensions, and they are always needing to be reinstalled, missing or dead links, or ones that cut out part way through a game or stutter, and I really prefer paying to having to deal with that crap.

Comment

Is there a scientific reason for craving spicy food after a night on the batter?
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                      Gary needs more BBV fans. Contact Lottie to join fan club.
                      https://youtu.be/0hR2k3hb5S0

That channel is just amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Is there a scientific reason for craving spicy food after a night on the batter?
                        Guess it's the salt you're craving and spicy things are usually salty.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          I'm really bad at describing wine...being a scientist, such subjectivity makes me sad. I'd prefer a spectroscopic analysis of the molecular makeup.

I've had Lagrange from 1995 and 2001 and they've been the best bottles I've ever drank. Just so delicate, smooth...nice balance of cedar and berries. I'll report back when I've finished this one.
                          Of course there's every chance that I would fail miserably to tell it apart from a 10 euro Tesco Bordeaux in a blind taste test, but I'm happy enough to be fooled into thinking I'm sophisticated.
                          There was some decent wine wankery on display in the VK last night, you would have loved it.

Lao Lao stole top spot with a bottle of this:

This is worth a read:

Lebanon is home to one of the greatest wine regions on earth, but that region is also home to Hezbollah and Isis. How do wineries continue to make wine?

Comment

WW 49 Sign Up.

Comment

Is there a place I can go where I can input minimum required specs for a laptop and it will spit back suggestions?

How are the refurbished laptops from the Dell outlet store, from a cursory glance there seems to be some proper bargains to be had, drawbacks?
                              Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 22-01-16, 19:34.

Comment

There was some decent wine wankery on display in the VK last night, you would have loved it.

Lao Lao stole top spot with a bottle of this:

This is worth a read:

http://vinepair.com/wine-blog/lebano...try-extremism/
                                Class...The hipsters would be all over that. Any use?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  There are some things the missus watches on it, plus in times of random flicking there may be a good (old) episode of the simpsons or futurama on. Missing the other sky sports channels is a big drawback though for me, as much as I'm ok finding streams for things when I need to, it really doesn't come anywhere close to the quality and reliability of watching it on proper tv channels, no matter what the likes of DP says. I've installed all the xbmc add ons and extensions, and they are always needing to be reinstalled, missing or dead links, or ones that cut out part way through a game or stutter, and I really prefer paying to having to deal with that crap.
                                  Agreed on the sports. Its nice to be able to just flick it on and not go hunting,I had to use kodi to watch the RWC as my saorview is so bad and it was painful for all the reasons you gave. My internet connection is pretty speedy so that wasn't the problem.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                      Is there a place I can go where I can input minimum required specs for a laptop and it will spit back suggestions?

How are the refurbished laptops from the Dell outlet store, from a cursory glance there seems to be some proper bargains to be had, drawbacks?
                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Heh one of the cables broke, it was the loose one that wouldn't work anyway. Off to moore street I go
                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Btw 5star was asking recently about a site where you can type in dates, money available and it would tell you flight possibilities. Noticed yesterday that Google Flights does this. It's rather class now, way better than the beta you might have all seen.
                                          The missus has it in her head now to go on an all inclusive holiday to the likes of Cancun. So much for the reasonably priced, reasonably near destinations I was initially looking at. I'll keep my head down and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                            https://youtu.be/0hR2k3hb5S0

That channel is just amazing.
                                            Knew you'd like him m8

Comment

The missus has it in her head now to go on an all inclusive holiday to the likes of Cancun. So much for the reasonably priced, reasonably near destinations I was initially looking at. I'll keep my head down and see what happens.
                                              Look out for zika virus its new and scientists seem to know fuck all about it.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                Just what I was after. Thank you.

Comment

Class...The hipsters would be all over that. Any use?
                                                  Really good. You would swear it was a decent Bordeaux.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Btw 5star was asking recently about a site where you can type in dates, money available and it would tell you flight possibilities. Noticed yesterday that Google Flights does this. It's rather class now, way better than the beta you might have all seen.
                                                        google flights is much improved.. i use it all the time when planning work trips and trying to source preferred carriers at cheapest rates.

Comment

60 euro bottle of wine accompanied by the dulcet tones of an irrational screaming 4 year old. FML.

Comment

60 euro bottle of wine accompanied by the dulcet tones of an irrational screaming 4 year old. FML.
                                                            Ouch. I accidentally spent 20 on wine before, ul.

Comment

Comment

Just to be clear, I'm definitely not allowed to like the Social Democrats right?

Comment

Spoke to a guy recently who has a 6 and 10 year old. He said they waited four years for the second because of the trauma of the first one. But he was saying that now - at their current age - they are just phenomenal. tl;dr you just have to wait a few years and then you get the rewards.
                                                                  And then a few years after that it's downhill! I have two teenagers in the house and they can be a nightmare. The middle one fights all the time with the 6 year old. Fun times

Comment

Spoke to a guy recently who has a 6 and 10 year old. He said they waited four years for the second because of the trauma of the first one. But he was saying that now - at their current age - they are just phenomenal. tl;dr you just have to wait a few years and then you get the rewards.
                                                                    Ah yea it gets easier every day...Defo class not to have any babies. Tonight was just variance.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                      Ouch. I accidentally spent 20 on wine before, ul.
                                                                      Did you feel sophisticated?

Comment

Mine are 10 and 8 and they are fucking awesome, and London is perfect for that age re museums and discovery. this is definitely the honeymoon period as teens are just around the corner.
                                                                        Last edited by shrapnel; 22-01-16, 21:19.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                          Mine are 10 and 8 and they fucking awesome, this is definitely the honeymoon period as teens are just around the corner.
                                                                          Yea but can't you just say...'you work away being troubled, I'm going to play golf' by then?

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

Yea but can't you just say...'you work away being troubled, I'm going to play golf' by then?
                                                                                For sure.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                  Just to be clear, I'm definitely not allowed to like the Social Democrats right?
                                                                                  The lads who want to be like Sweden but can magically also promise low taxes.

What's not to like?

Comment

I'd say it'll be more "here, have money - now fuck off somewhere and don't get arrested".

Comment

If you're doing this then fly into Cancun but stay down in Playa del Carmen. It's beautiful and has some great resorts around the town on the beach. Cancun by all accounts is a complete dump. Playa del Carmen is about 50 minutes south. Some great restaurants down there - Hartwood is fantastic as well as some good ones in the town too. Lots to see and do nearby too and if you've any interest in scuba diving you can head over to Cozumel for a day or two.
                                                                                      Last edited by thechamp87; 22-01-16, 21:41.

Comment

Can confirm, from my few minutes of seeing them, that Shraps kids are great!
                                                                                        That s very kind of you man.

Comment

What's not to like?
                                                                                          They have a beautiful purple colour thing going.

Comment

I've seen some pisspoor journalism in my day but this thing about the Cayman Islands on BBC is bad as anything I've ever seen. Fucking Tories are really succeding in their promise to suck the quality out of BBC
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

They have a beautiful purple colour thing going.

It's pretty much just Shortall and Donnelly isn't it. What's the point of the SDs?

Comment

What's not to like?
                                                                                                    Who are you supposed to vote for, if you'd really prefer the IMF/troika to be running things permanently? They were only halfway out the door, and every party went back to bullshittery.
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

In wine wankerish words: what is the feel of that wine vs say a €20 medoc randomly picked off a shelf? Is it an elevated mood, a feeling of the fine craftsmanship?
                                                                                                      I visited maybe 10 or 12 wineries at the start on Jan when my parents were over. Probably tasted 50 wines. Median price was probably $29/30. Dearest was prob $50, cheapest was $12. (McGuigans Red Label HV).
                                                                                                      I've never been more convinced that price isn't directly indicative of taste. Rarity is perhaps a bigger factor. Even the variance with a single grape variety, from a single region is huge. My top 5 included no wines over $32. The $12 bottle was one of the better ones.

Comment

I'd say it'll be more "here, have money - now fuck off somewhere and don't get arrested".
                                                                                                        That's fine too.

Comment

Don't remember 'Deutschland 83' being mentioned here. Only 2 episodes in and enjoying it so far, ah how I miss the cold war. First 3 episodes are available free and legal on channel4.com. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4445154/
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...
                                                                                                            Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 22-01-16, 23:07.

Comment

Went for lunch today with my Mauritian friend.

There's a really hot waitress hoppin about the place. Our order is taken by a different one, he orders a ham sandwich, I get myself a steak ciabatta.

He goes to me talking about the hot one 'she's from Mauritius'. I enquire as to how he can tell, 'body language' he tells me.

Anyway, the hot one brings over the food and I say to her 'Hey, are you from Mauritius?' 'Yes' she replies, I say 'So is me mate Johnnie, aren't you Johnnie?'

He goes 'No. No I'm not'

She looks at me all confused and walks off.

I'm like 'wtf Johnnie?' laughing.

He says 'I'm not supposed to be eating ham'
                                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                Who are you supposed to vote for, if you'd really prefer the IMF/troika to be running things permanently? They were only halfway out the door, and every party went back to bullshittery.
                                                                                                                Sinn Fein then wait 4 years.

Comment

It's pretty much just Shortall and Donnelly isn't it. What's the point of the SDs?
                                                                                                                  You're not seeing the big picture. And by big picture I mean the opportunities to exploit colour niches in current Irish politics.

This might help bring you up to speed:

Comment

You're not seeing the big picture. And by big picture I mean the opportunities to exploit colour niches in current Irish politics.

This might help bring you up to speed:
                                                                                                                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...lour_templates
                                                                                                                    I feel violated

Comment

Switched onto RTE and they had live lambs up on a rotating rack. WTF.. Where in the world would you see this on a chat show. Not sure I can eat another kebab after looking at their little faces

Comment

Comment

If I didn't love meat so much I'd definitely become a vegetarian. Industrialised farming is fucked up.
                                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X