Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angie Bowie is in the Big Brother house. So is producer David Geste and he was unwell yesterday.
    Angie has just come out of the diary room and confided to a thick fellow contestant that 'David is dead'. Comical misunderstandings have followed.
    Worth catching even for those who hate the prog.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      Angie Bowie is in the Big Brother house. So is producer David Geste and he was unwell yesterday.
      Angie has just come out of the diary room and confided to a thick fellow contestant that 'David is dead'. Comical misunderstandings have followed.
      Worth catching even for those who hate the prog.
      Most of those programs only actually exist because of the people who watch them to laugh at them and feel smug

BECAUSE in TV land, a viewer is a viewer, so if people just stopped watching car crash tv for the car crashes they would all disappear!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
        Most of those programs only actually exist because of the people who watch them to laugh at them and feel smug

BUT in TV land, a viewer is a viewer, so if people just stopped watching car crash tv for the car crashes they would all disappear!
        And still we watch Louis Van Gaals United every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
          And still we watch Louis Van Gaals United every time.
          Speak for yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            Would be bad losing a dissenting opinion in the EU too, worth having a member that fights that choking bureaucracy.
            A lot of the time they're just playing to the Sun readership though.

I like Europe. Ever closer union might reduce our own worst tendencies.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

BECAUSE in TV land, a viewer is a viewer, so if people just stopped watching car crash tv for the car crashes they would all disappear!
              Don't try and shame me, i watch it both as an important social experiment and a fascinating insight into orwellian dystopia.

Comment

Originally posted by CHamD View Post
                If he KO's RDA my head will explode.
                Mcgregor coming out with the RDA traitor talk, stupid route to go. By all accounts he's one of the nicest people in the sport, McGregor mightn't come out looking too good at end of this. Still tho I agree with you

Comment

Zappa /Bowie story . From Adrian Below .

1978 I did my first tour of Europe as "stunt" guitarist and singer for Frank Zappa's band. The night we played in Cologne, Germany unbeknownst to me Brian Eno was in the audience. Brian knew David Bowie was looking for a new guitarist for his upcoming tour. He called David after seeing our show and told David he should come see the guitarist for Frank's band.

The next night we performed in Berlin. There was a part of the show where Frank took an extended guitar solo and most of the band members, including myself, left the stage for a few minutes. As I walked to the back of the stage I looked over at the monitor mixing board and saw David Bowie and Iggy Pop standing there.
                  Wow! I couldn't believe it!

So I walked over to David Bowie, shook his hand and said, "I love what you've done, thank you for all the music". And he said, "Great, how would you like to be in my band?" I motioned back towards Frank and said, "Well, I'm kind of playing with that guy." David laughed and said, "Yes, I know, but when Frank's tour ends my tour starts two weeks later. Shall we talk about it over dinner?"

David said he would meet me back at our hotel and sure enough when I arrived back at the hotel David Bowie and his assistant Coco Schwab were sitting on a couch in the lobby. As I walked past them they whispered to me, "Get into the elevator, go up to your room, come back down in a few minutes, and meet us outside. we have a car waiting."
                  It was like something out of a spy film.

When I came back down and went outside there was a black limousine waiting. The driver opened the door and I got in the back with David and Coco. David immediately launched into all this plans for his upcoming tour, the songs we would play, the staging, and so on, and how much he loved my guitar playing! It was so exciting! He said they were taking me to one of his favorite restaurants in Berlin.

How many restaurants are there in Berlin? 25,000?

We arrived at the restaurant, went in the front door, and who should be sitting at the very first table but Frank Zappa and the rest of the band! So the three of us sat down with Frank and the band. David, trying to be cordial, motioned to me and said, "Quite a guitar player you have here Frank."
                  And Frank said, "F••• you Captain Tom."
                  (note: Frank had demoted David from Major Tom to Captain Tom.)
                  David persisted, "Oh come on now Frank, surely we can be gentleman about this?"
                  Frank said, "F••• you Captain Tom."
                  By this point I was paralyzed. David said, "So you really have nothing to say?" Frank said. "F••• you Captain Tom."

David and Coco and I got up and went back out the front door. Getting in the limo David said in his wonderfully British way, "I thought that went rather nicely!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                    If you pick the 9 she will always be suspicious, pick the solid 7 and you're on to a winner. On that topic it's a true skill to be able to properly judge a 7, too many people drag up 5's and 6's imo.
                    All bants aside (heaven forbid), find the numbering thing and those who adhere/believe it to be very odd. As if it is a static thing and your 7 is mine, and so forth.
                    Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 12-01-16, 23:02.
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

For all you NFL fans Richard Seymour is playing the $25,000 High Roller and has Vince Wilfork as his rail.
                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                        Sounds good, could you post the link?
                        Yea, it's http://partyrocktravel.ie/

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                              For all you NFL fans Richard Seymour is playing the $25,000 High Roller and has Vince Wilfork as his rail.
                              How big is he in real life?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                9s are always 9s, but there's vastly more variability around the 5s to 7s based on preference. The other difficulty is extrapolating forward -> is a current 7 with horrific genes based on parent looks worth more than a 5 whose parentage is aging gracefully and possibly even improving with age.
                                But the supposed 10's or 9's or 'hottest ever'/unbelievable hot that I hear people (college?) guys refer to, are look very much the same, it's just becoming a generic southside tanned slim, lot of makeup, type...look.

Yea, in terms of dating and mating, would be handy to be able to address two things when meeting - or on an app

What sort of vag do you have
                                Show me a pic of your mother
                                What is your relationship with your dad like?

Maybe a dating event whereby girls (and a guy equivalent) whereby they had a picture of their vag, and their mother (seperate images ideally).

Comment

@Satnav I'm having a pot of ham. It's amazing. #PottedHam.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                        @Satnav I'm having a pot of ham. It's amazing. #PottedHam.
                                        Shouldn't that be fao CHamD?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                          After all the adulation we heaped upon Bowie yesterday I hereby highlight the shittiest song he's ever done. If ever there was proof needed that he was a designer label for music fans. - This song actually made the charts.
                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Oet1pKb0Vo
                                          A he had a lot worse than that. I'm still in total shock and mourning. As Doke quoted from somebody "Good God, I feel like all those pathetic Princess Diana people" I was never as committed as Doke in my fandom, though I think it was similar in spirit

Some nice clips on Conan O'Bs bit. Particularly liked his hickory dickory dock

CONAN Highlight: The Thin White Duke was a frequent guest on "Late Night" and Conan picks some of his favorite moments.Subscribe to watch more Team Coco vide...
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Have a tough call to make now. 5am start for the airport and a 14 hour journey to start a 10 day trip and my mother in law is about to be admitted to hospital in a very weak state.
                                            Not really a choice, I knew this was possible when I organised the trip so I may go ahead.

Feckin nursing home non medical person wants to get the priest.
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                              How big is he in real life?
                                              They're both big dudes but Seymour is built while Wilfork is beefy.

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Working my way through the BAFTA nominated movies and have to say Spotlight was superb and just finished The Lobster and wondering have I watched a masterpiece or a complete load of weird shit?

Defo lie in bed and ponder the latter more.

Comment

So about that powerball syndicate....
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

The Jinx is the next guilty or isnt he documentary I am going to fire up, shorter and apparently better than Making a Murderer.

Comment

Len Kachinsky

SPOILER

All i could think of every time he was on screen, was this.

SPOILER
                                                      [VINE]MMIWD5mtLnQ[/VINE]

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                        No not me I'm not on boards at all
                                                        Was curious to see how the lesser half post over in the other place. Wouldn't say me & the fake Pat would have a lot in common
                                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by CHamD View Post
                                                          The Jinx is the next guilty or isnt he documentary I am going to fire up, shorter and apparently better than Making a Murderer.
                                                          Watched it over the past couple of nights, your man is much more interesting than Avery anyway.

edit - this is supposed to be good as well but I haven't started it yet.

Last edited by davepoke/her; 13-01-16, 03:14.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                            Watched it over the past couple of nights, your man is much more interesting than Avery anyway.

edit - this is supposed to be good as well but I haven't started it yet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388644/
                                                            hi dave

Comment

Have decided 8-11-23-30-36 will be the us lotto numbers, not quite sure of the bonus but 13 or 18 maybe. Ez game
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                    Was curious to see how the lesser half post over in the other place. Wouldn't say me & the fake Pat would have a lot in common
                                                                    yeah, didn't feel it was you, but then in a thread we were both in he posted a pic of SP yelling at the cloud, and for a brief second thought you might be one and the same.

Almost told him he shouldn't be posting pics of SP everywhere but then thought better of it.

Comment

What has the wind energy industry on the charm offensive?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        What has the wind energy industry on the charm offensive?
                                                                        Political parties are currently preparing their manifestos for upcoming election. Maybe Wind Industry hoping for favorable inclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                          He won't so you'll be ok m8
                                                                          Wasn't meant to beat a top 5 ranked fighter, a wrestler then Aldo was meant to destroy him.

Who knows m8.

Comment

9s are always 9s, but there's vastly more variability around the 5s to 7s based on preference. The other difficulty is extrapolating forward -> is a current 7 with horrific genes based on parent looks worth more than a 5 whose parentage is aging gracefully and possibly even improving with age.
                                                                            What about trying to find identical twins who are 4.5 each. Slightly below the medium in France should still be doable, the misses wont complain as she wont see a threat and eh twins....

Comment

Happy days, tickets sorted for the Euro group games. Now for the fun part, telling the missus.

Comment

Higgins on for a 147 on BBC. Time to BBV him!

Edit - Took 1 shot. Oustanding power this thread has!

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                  Political parties are currently preparing their manifestos for upcoming election. Maybe Wind Industry hoping for favorable inclusions.
                                                                                  More like hoping that the increased planning rules coming down the track aren't too severe.
                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                    Higgins on for a 147 on BBC. Time to BBV him!

Edit - Took 1 shot. Oustanding power this thread has!
                                                                                    Obviously had money on no 147
                                                                                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                                      Mate of mine has set up a sort of travel company which only sells UFC fight packages with no flights, i.e. you get your own ass to Vegas and then you can get a fight ticket, hotel room, access to McGregor after party and a UFC t-shirt. Has done quite well out of the Aldo fight already.

He was given 5 $800 tix gratis for selling as many as he did for the Aldo fight and also does boxing with a similar package set up at end Feb for the Quigg-Frampton fight in Manchester. This summer he is running Ibiza and Croatia holiday packages. Hope it all works out for him as at the moment it is all being done off the back the McGregor hype.
                                                                                      Is it too cheeky to ask for his deets?

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                        Happy days, tickets sorted for the Euro group games. Now for the fun part, telling the missus.
                                                                                        How? Any tips on how to get them?
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                                          Is it too cheeky to ask for his deets?
                                                                                          he posted them yesterday

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ostcount=16880

Comment

Robot wars gets rebooted, fucking finally!!
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                              More like hoping that the increased planning rules coming down the track aren't too severe.
                                                                                              Sure who needs wind when you have oil at $2x a barrel

Comment

Eminem and Dre better watch out.

http://www.braddasseymusic.com DIRECT FREE DOWNLOAD LINK: https://soundcloud.com/braddasseymusic/brad-dassey-they-didnt-do-it

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                  How? Tickets can be ordered up to end of Jan and then a lottery style draw will be made and we find out February....

Comment

Originally posted by alocon View Post
                                                                                                    How? Tickets can be ordered up to end of Jan and then a lottery style draw will be made and we find out February....
                                                                                                    Same as with everything in this life. It's not what you know.......

We have our group tickets sorted too. Just waiting to finalise plans and book flights.

Comment

Just a note if (like me) you are bad with such paperwork the closing date is actually 18/01 not 31/01.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                        Just a note if (like me) you are bad with such paperwork the closing date is actually 18/01 not 31/01.
                                                                                                        yeah have them ordered a couple of weeks but cheers

If only we were all special like mr dobby, life would be so easy

Comment

Might have to buy a few barrels of $16 oil and store them in the living room.

Comment

City Chelsea and arsenal enhanced to 6/1 from 9/2 on PP.

Comment

...

Comment

yeah have them ordered a couple of weeks but cheers

If only we were all special like mr dobby, life would be so easy
                                                                                                                one of the lads going, his aul lad works for the FAI so he comes in handy.

Comment

one of the lads going, his aul lad works for the FAI so he comes in handy.
                                                                                                                  "This cronyism is hurting the nation, Joe"

Comment

@iSnow....your Facebook ad is also displaying wrong. Image is the wrong size.

Comment

Do you have to pay up front for the tickets you may or may not receive, or just if you win an allocation?
                                                                                                                      You'll only have to pay if you win in the lottery. i.e., they don't make you put it aside or whatever its called.

Comment

Im back living in Dublin and trying to find a nice modern apartment is a total nightmare. Nobody will rent to me because of my lack of real job/references, and dont care about investment account or bank balances, and even offering to pay like 6 months in advance isn't swaying people.

It seems insane to me. One crowd that had alot of apartments I want would rent to me if a) My dad Signed and guaranteed the contract in his name and b) I paid the whole 12 months in advance. Cant argue with them or use logic or anything, they just dont care

Anybody have any tips on anything for renting in my situation? (no work history or references, but alot of assets) Looking in South Dublin, mostly want to live in Sandyford Industrial Estate / beacon South Quarter area
                                                                                                                        Using a fake work reference from a friend wont really work I dont think as most places seem to want to see Bank balances with regular payments and even payslips or P60 forms

Comment

Eminem and Dre better watch out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH1wJLa9VvI
                                                                                                                          fav bit is 'it was just a joke'

The auld fuck them if they can't take a joke defense.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X