• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Good Davis cup match on BBC now
    Jasas you didn't last too far into the 2 months yerself

Comment

Got to meet Leo Varadkar earlier today. Very impressed I must say. speaks very well and plenty of charisma

Comment

Paying inheritance tax is for the small people. People with real wealth can get their effective rates of tax down to ~10%. Keeps advisers in jobs.

Great start to the RWC so far. Georgia v Tonga was great. Ireland really beginning to look like a team with purpose. Now come on the Cherry Blossoms!!
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Well that was as good as one could have asked for!
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
            Paying inheritance tax is for the small people. People with real wealth can get their effective rates of tax down to ~10%. Keeps advisers in jobs.

Great start to the RWC so far. Georgia v Tonga was great. Ireland really beginning to look like a team with purpose. Now come on the Cherry Blossoms!!
            I'm assuming a man such as yourself pays a lot less tax than someone like me who knows nothing about it (if we assume for a second that we earn the exact same)? Not asking how to do it or anything as I'd just nod like Homer while the circus music is playing in my head.

As a general point of principal though, if someone is giving someone something (except for the express purpose of avoiding tax, which ironically is probably legal for those in the know like V4V), why should the government have any? Fuck them imo.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              I'm assuming a man such as yourself pays a lot less tax than someone like me who knows nothing about it (if we assume for a second that we earn the exact same)? Not asking how to do it or anything as I'd just nod like Homer while the circus music is playing in my head.

As a general point of principal though, if someone is giving someone something (except for the express purpose of avoiding tax, which ironically is probably legal for those in the know like V4V), why should the government have any? Fuck them imo.
              I pay plenty of taxes unfortunately Dom but once you have a few millions and can set up trusts etc the tax rates come right down on inheritance. I unfortunately need to earn a salary and have limited scope to reduce the bill but I'm working on it.

As for the fairness debate I don't know. I no longer care about that stuff anymore if I'm honest. I just try to do the best for me and mine these days.
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                Well that was as good as one could have asked for!
                Hope rising Lloyd. It's enough to put a spring in your step.

Comment

Japan bringing it as well. Leading 10- 7 after 30 minutes. Fantastic stuff

Comment

Get in! Cmon the blossoms!!!

Comment

GLORIOUS NIPPON
                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Get in! Cmon the blossoms!!!
                        Eddie Jones has brought them to the next level. Great stuff

Comment

Are they deliberately describing the Japanese as 'nippy', and 'nipping over for the try'?
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                            Eddie Jones has brought them to the next level. Great stuff
                            He looks Japanese too!

Have to say bar the more ads I'm loving the tv3 coverage. Better studio panel by a mile, decent commentators and wall to wall coverage. Fuck RTE imo.

Comment

He looks Japanese too!

Have to say bar the more ads I'm loving the tv3 coverage. Better studio panel by a mile, decent commentators and wall to wall coverage. Fuck RTE imo.
                              Lol, he does! Itv is doing decent coverage so far with their plethora of stars invollved. Love listening to Wilkinson, Woodward, pienaar...
                              Last edited by shrapnel; 19-09-15, 17:05. Reason: I hate ipads

Comment

This is a great day for sport. U14 team I help coach won the county final. Ireland hammer Canada with no major injury concerns. Japan scaring the shite out of the books. Hammers 2 nil up away to Manchester City Huge day for the parish.

Comment

Man City being wankers to those who chose them in the last man standing.

Twats.

Comment

Whatever about the TV channel quality, the TV3 player quality is abysmal. ITV player much better thankfully.

Comment

I FUCKING LOVE SPORT
                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I FUCKING LOVE SPORT
                                        Better avoid streams of the Liverpool match tomorrow then to bring you down. At least I'll be distracted by the GAA and rugby as well, but I'll still watch as I'm a masochist at times I think.

Comment

Brilliant setpiece move!! Very impressive how they're digging in here.

Comment

I FUCKING LOVE SPORT
                                            THIS!!!

WHAT A FUCKING WEEKEND OF SPORT SO FAR!!!
                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

If there was ever a time to stand up and try to sneak a few feet closer to the posts!

Never in doubt

Class try
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Allez les nips

Comment

Japan in a quarter final? They're in the right pool for it

Comment

He looks Japanese too!
                                                    His mother is Japanese I think

Comment

Some try. Did they borrow Joe Schmidts playbook ?
                                                      Last edited by coillcam; 19-09-15, 18:16.

Comment

This is fucking epic

Comment

They haven't clammed up or withered. They're still having a fucking go. Unreal.

Comment

Oh MAn

No Way

Comment

Fuck the draw - love it

Comment

I presume that's a ballsy move turning down a kick?

If so. CMON JAPAN!!

Comment

Not since 1941 have Japan gone on such an offensive on the world stage

Comment

WOW
                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                      Rugby should adapt the cricket mantra of only letting decent sides in the world cup. Fairly boring having a month of group games where the chances of an upset is less than 5% in half the games. Has to be one of the worst sports for lack of surprise results.
                                                                      Lol at me tbf
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

Comment

1 in a thousand.

Comment

Wow and just the +44.5 on the cap pre game

Comment

Fucking hell

There will be more riots in Boksburg tonight

Comment

SPORTS

WOW!

Comment

AND THEY FUCKING EARNED IT. THEY DUG AND THEY CLAWED AND THEY BROKE THEM DOWN. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Comment

So, how many smarties were in the bucket then?
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

fucking magic

Comment

Awesome... couldn't happen to a better bunch of cunce

Comment

Who got the japs in the sweep?

Comment

Amazing stuff Japan.

Comment

......manic laughing........

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                So, how many smarties were in the bucket then?
                                                                                                I posted that yesterday m8.

568

Comment

The draw would have probably got them into the quarter finals. But fuck that Japan want a win. Balls, balls, balls. Epic stuff. This RWC is delivering already.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                    Awesome... couldn't happen to a better bunch of cunce
                                                                                                    As someone who lives in South Landan and is surrounded by the fine peoples of South Africa, I can confirm the validity of this statement

Now off to find a Japanese Saki bar to do some proper bandwagon jumping

Comment

That was special - RWC 2015 already delivering.

Comment

Sid James, Mandela, Tutu, Pienaar, Dave Mathews, Charlize Theron, Els, Pistorious, M'lady, your boys took one heck of a beating.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

The draw would have probably got them into the quarter finals. But fuck that Japan want a win. Balls, balls, balls. Epic stuff. This RWC is delivering already.
                                                                                                          The heart to insist on the win they deserved. Unreal.

Comment

Jesus. The balls. The sheer unadulterated balls of it.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                              I presume that's a ballsy move turning down a kick?

If so. CMON JAPAN!!
                                                                                                              Whatever about kicking for the line out as it was a very tough penalty. Taking the scrum was 100% balls and saying to SA we are going to take you at a 5m scrum. Unreal.

Comment

Eddie Jones said they could/would win, and meant it

Cunce kept that quiet

Comment

As they like saying here, oooohhhh my days!!!

That was special. Hope they have something left in the tank for the rest of the tourney.

Comment

Massive result for the next world cup too

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                      Jesus. The balls. The sheer unadulterated balls of it.
                                                                                                                      This is what took it from brilliant to all-time great. To have a chance at a genuinely memorable and QF-guaranteeing draw they had the fucking audacity to go for the win. Then to take the scrum. Against SA. The absolute fucking bravado of it was insane.
                                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

A draw would hardly guarantee them a QF surely. Scotland could still easily beat them on Wednesday surely, especially with the Japanese only having a few days rest, and Samoa could well beat them too. the might still finish 3rd, but hopefully not. It's a wide open group now.

Comment

V have you actually listened to the TV3 comms? They have no idea what's happening. I've picked out about 10 mistakes so far and I'm and armchair fan. And Matt Cooper is the biggest drip of a host you could imagine.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X