Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard you should be glad to have it, know of somebody....that was saved from a blender by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
      I heard you should be glad to have it, know of somebody....that was saved from a blender by it.
      if you're stupid enough to put your mickey in a blender, cap still on or not, you deserve everything you get!

Comment

I think you need to elaborate on this one Tdawg!
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

What are the Scandies like?

Between this : http://www.thejournal.ie/santa-norwa...83939-Dec2015/

and this: http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/09/world/...k-zoo-giraffe/

You'd be forgiven for thinking they hate kids and innocence!
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Banter. ITV apologises for using footage of Ainsley Harriott instead of Lenny Henry

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I see an uncensored video of ISIS executing 200 children has been posted on Facebook. I cant think of an apt word to describe such horror.

Comment

Storytime!
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                  What are the Scandies like?

Between this : http://www.thejournal.ie/santa-norwa...83939-Dec2015/

and this: http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/09/world/...k-zoo-giraffe/

You'd be forgiven for thinking they hate kids and innocence!
                  the missus's maiden Aunt was over for a week last week. She told me how she and her sister were slagging her 6 year old for believing in Santa . Kid was adamant Santa existed. He'll be jeered in school she said. I told her if she sez it to my lad she will get a kick up the arse (as I do). It's bullshit she said. Bullshit or not I pointed to my shoe and her arse. As we know I don't make empty kick in the arse threats :-)

Comment

It was how I became Tara. Such a tease, have a good weekend!

Comment

Bertie sighting in Artaine Castle there. Time has not been his friend.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                        Bertie sighting in Artaine Castle there. Time has not been his friend.
                        Solksjaer style kick up the hole please
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Heres a perfect lullaby one for all the frazzled parents of BBV

Best bits are from 1:50 on

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                            Do you think that certain jobs require people to be more in certain spaces. Like sales jobs I imagine require people to be in Drive and or Threat mode much more than Teachers for instance.
                            Undoubtedly. Mind you, I'm sure we can all recall teachers who spent their time in threat mode. It's hard to imagine being a soldier in Afghanistan and not operating from threat mode most of the time.

But most jobs would permit a latitude of difference in how we think about them. Just think of Glengarry Glen Ross for the different perspectives possible within sales roles. And Willy Loman in Death of a Salesman. But as an advocate of mindfulness I do believe that the way in which we pay attention changes our experience, and that if cultivated we can choose our response to conditions rather than just react to them habitually.

Of course people gravitate to jobs to match their energies, and construct their philosophy of life to match their energistic temperament. A work life of KPI's is a good idea for many people high in energy and an active drive system but not threat system, less so for someone lower in energy and drive activation, a depressing experience for someone low in energy and drive, and a clusterfuck for someone high in energy and high in threat system activation.

Comment

How do you circumcise a whale?

SPOILER
                              Send down four skin divers
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                How do you circumcise a whale?

SPOILER
                                Send down four skin divers
                                What happened to the short sighted circumciser?

SPOILER
                                He got the sack

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  Heres a perfect lullaby one for all the frazzled parents of BBV

Best bits are from 1:50 on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yONXKKk2aWI

very good, speaking of lullabys.The rock a by baby one is just wrong. It culminates in a baby and a cradle toppling from the top of the tree.. Christ knows how the baby got there but wtf, singing this to a child will terrify it and it will probably fall in to the threat area of the sleep motivation schematic Hotspur posted.

Comment

Quick question folks, Powercity had a deal on during the week for a 40" 4K Samsung tv which I availed of they had it in a few stores but none close to me so chose Tallaght for the place to order it to, at the end of the transaction it said "a member of our customer care team will contact you to finalise your transaction" coming up on 3 days now and I've not heard a peep anybody have something like this before with them? Assuming they have to order it in or something like that, travelling to Prague on Monday so would like to get it collected by then.
                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                      Quick question folks, Powercity had a deal on during the week for a 40" 4K Samsung tv which I availed of they had it in a few stores but none close to me so chose Tallaght for the place to order it to, at the end of the transaction it said "a member of our customer care team will contact you to finalise your transaction" coming up on 3 days now and I've not heard a peep anybody have something like this before with them? Assuming they have to order it in or something like that, travelling to Prague on Monday so would like to get it collected by then.
                                      I hadn't even got through the full process of ordering something on their website before cancelling before last step and they still rang within an hour to see if I wanted it
                                      airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                          Many of us are victims/products of circumstances. I would have little doubt that another life MSN would be a high powered executive, results driven, personable, ball breaker, smooth talker and if all that failed she could have used sex to get herself there.

I am thankful that my folks wanted me to achieve and gave me opportunity which they could never of had and always wanted me to better them. The unfortunate thing is that not everybody is given that drive or has the mental faculties or personal capability to capitalise on it. This is not a criticism of anybody elses personal circumstances, it is merely an honest observation which I am sure many will relate to. I see guys who outstripped me academically or who were far far more intelligent than me that now have drink, drug and mental health issues as they lacked the push in the back to get them somewhere and the reassurance that they could do it.

So many people lack an eye on the future and eventually just arrive there and wonder how or why without having taken control of it. I gave a talk to Hitchs MSc students last year on this kind of topic and it was one of the most fulfilling hours of my life to be able to capture all of this and retell the story in an hour.

I am definitely rambling now but in short MSN has got some killer self developed sales skill and is definitely a huge outperformer and I imagine sits comfortably in the top 10% of Sky reps. It is fair to say that in a different structure she would be a big achiever in the corporate world. The important thing for MSN now is that she is killing it and getting a kick out of it. It is very important to be able to hop out of bed and go to work in a job that does it for you.
                                          My wife is perfect example of this compared to her family. She had a kid very young, put the effort in in school, worked full time so she could afford to go to university at night and finished number 1 in her class. She took early retirement a year and a half ago as senior vp of tax in a large US multinational and never has to work again. Her mother inherited a million or so right after she finished universityl and put the her sisters through college. They're all teachers and give kathy a hard time about being a nerd.

I on the other hand never really worked hard and just got by with my enigmatic personality.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              Don't though how single mothers do it. Wife out galivanting this evening and at this particular moment there are, after some effort, two sleeping kids in the house. There just seems so many variables to account for with two kids. In the 20 minutes since 2 month old slept I've already read about 10 articles of differing opinions (damn you internet - shakes angry fist) on whether its okay for a baby to sleep without burping. How did the mothers of yore (Solks mother for e.g.) ever handle the chaos of vast broods of kids?
                                              Worst working experience I have ever had in my life was when I was F&B mgr at Grand Canal Hotel. I had the late shift on Mothers day and the place almost as busy as an Aviva game day. Scumbags galore in that place, we used to have two cop cars parked outside the bar on weekends to stop gangs stabbing each other. Anyway one group fo single mothers compalined that the group beside them stole a purse and to check the cameras.

All hell broke loose and both groups demanded to see the surveillance cameras and for the gaurds to be called. Purse turned up but money missing from it. first group shouting at me to give a free round of drinks to them to make up for money being stolen. Then they demanded taxis home, told them i would get one for the grl that her purse stolen but not paying for 5. More madness.

The group that stole the purse was 4 generations of mothers and they were angry they had been accused of "thiefing like a scumbag" . They stood at the desk shouting for about 20 minutes saying they should also have a free round as it was last orders.

my favourite line was when they sais was " she is a single mother with two young kids at home and on mothers day of all days"

my response of "it's irrelevant what day it is madam, we aren't in the business of giving out drinks when the bar is closed" did not help at all.

Handed in my notice the following week but not before I saw smoothcall sneaking into the toilets one day with one of those old granny lidl checkered shopping bags to wash himself before meeting his gf.

Comment

Don't though how single mothers do it. Wife out galivanting this evening and at this particular moment there are, after some effort, two sleeping kids in the house. There just seems so many variables to account for with two kids. In the 20 minutes since 2 month old slept I've already read about 10 articles of differing opinions (damn you internet - shakes angry fist) on whether its okay for a baby to sleep without burping. How did the mothers of yore (Solks mother for e.g.) ever handle the chaos of vast broods of kids?
                                                seen as you asked.

She had 11, the 1st two were just like the trouble/fun you are having.

then no.1 helps with no.3 , no.2 with 4, then many variations of the top 4 assist with the later arrivals. I was in the middle and I still changed my share of dirty towel nappies (then thrown in a bucket ughhh) before I was 12. I'm far from an expert as I'd say you know more with the two kids but the Pegser (da mudder) did end up with 10 pyschos on her hands.
                                                The old man died at 40 leaving a 2 month old and was not an uncommon thing in those days to leave a large brood behind. He also had a top job but still left her nothing but a widows pension.
                                                She used to invite a traveller woman into the house to listen to her tales of extreme poverty and violence. I guess it made her feel better that someone else was worse off. She gave away some of our badly needed clothes to her. I used to kick up a selfish storm over it. Not me flares Ma jaysus I only bought them in Fitgeralds the weekend.
                                                Great times to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                  I hadn't even got through the full process of ordering something on their website before cancelling before last step and they still rang within an hour to see if I wanted it
                                                  Checked my bank account last night and the money has gone out to Powercity, the model of tv is no longer on the website so maybe it was a firesale to get rid of everything. Might just give them a nudge in the afternoon tomorrow to see what's what.
                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Lads iPhone 6s vs Samsung Galaxy s6? Is the I phone worth the extra?

Comment

Her twitter is a bit mad. Hashtag murica

not sure how to embed tweets?
                                                      Last edited by eamonhonda; 04-12-15, 21:54.
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Irisheman View Post
                                                        Its completely personal preference imo, some people prefer and are used to iphone, others android. Androids tend to be better value for money if theres no preference
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Other Voices weekend. Live from the Church. Always a great weekend

Comment

https://twitter.com/DesignTimes/status/

Comment

https://twitter.com/DesignTimes/stat...12278092865537

Just take the long number at end of your url there and insert that in to the twitter tags.

Comment

Originally posted by Irisheman View Post
                                                                iPhone if you hate money

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                  Just take the long number at end of your url there and insert that in to the twitter tags.
                                                                  yeah it just came up blank, maybe just didnt load on my laptop for some reason.
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                    What happened to the short sighted circumciser?

SPOILER
                                                                    He got the sack
                                                                    Reminds me about Kinky Friedman's line about circumcision:

"You know what we do with all those foreskins? We take them to Jerusalem, plant them on the Mount of Olives - and eventually they grow up, we harvest them and they turn out to be you boys." (talking to Southern rednecks - on stage at a concert in Alabama. Calling your band 'Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys' gives an indication of his groove)

Comment

Been watching Peep Show again from the start...Mark Corrigan is surely one of the best written comedy characters of them all.

Mark: Well, have you done your market research?
                                                                      Jeremy: "If you build it, they will come". That's my market research.
                                                                      Mark: Your market research is Field of Dreams? I mean, a man who made a baseball pitch in his garden for ghosts? That's your role model?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                        Reminds me about Kinky Friedman's line about circumcision:

"You know what we do with all those foreskins? We take them to Jerusalem, plant them on the Mount of Olives - and eventually they grow up, we harvest them and they turn out to be you boys." (talking to Southern rednecks - on stage at a concert in Alabama. Calling your band 'Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys' gives an indication of his groove)
                                                                        Somehow this beverage reminded me of him

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Comment

https://twitter.com/DesignTimes/stat...12278092865537

just the number inbetween the tweet tags, button top right of this box, 3rd from right.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Did one of you just fix the youtube/flash issue?

Vids weren't working an hour ago on the phone but now they are.
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Took me a while but got there in the end

Comment

Not really sure with the fact that baby has clearly pooed himself while sleeping. The internet says to just let him be, but that could be another six hours he is sleeping in his own output. One internet site invited me to join them and connect with moms like me.
                                                                                        Jesus Hitch. Change him ffs! I'll set my pet social worker on you.

Comment

Not really sure with the fact that baby has clearly pooed himself while sleeping. The internet says to just let him be, but that could be another six hours he is sleeping in his own output. One internet site invited me to join them and connect with moms like me.
                                                                                          change him lol he will be red raw sore bum in morning!

also he might take a few ounces ( milk not coke BTW) and get nice and settled till morn and please burp him or he will puke it up and be awake in two hours hungry. youre welcome
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            Jesus Hitch. Change him ffs! I'll set my pet social worker on you.
                                                                                            What did you have for tea?

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                              change him lol he will be red raw sore bum in morning!
                                                                                              voice of experience there

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                voice of experience there
                                                                                                deffo im anal on that stuff
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Nope. Still fucked on Chrome. Working on dolphin as suggested by DP I believe.

Comment

I got 34 likes to flow
                                                                                                    I got 34 likes to go
                                                                                                    Cause if you like me let me know
                                                                                                    Let me in the studio
                                                                                                    I got 34 likes before I got to go
                                                                                                    Did you see me on the bbv, oh no
                                                                                                    Did you see me on ipb oh no
                                                                                                    So if you like me let me know
                                                                                                    Let me in the studio
                                                                                                    Did you see me on ipb, oh no
                                                                                                    Let me in the studio

LYRICS IN DESCRIPTION!NO COPYRIGHT INTENDED.ENJOY!Ha, ha, ha, whatcha laughin at? [MEGAMAN:]Megaman up first21 seconds oh shitI ain't got no time to smoke th...

Comment

Worth a thank for the So Solid throwback. The feels

Comment

Bit quiet in here. When is CHD home and full of drink

Comment

Bit quiet in here. When is CHD home and full of drink
                                                                                                          Getting that Christmasy feeling

Music video by Bing Crosby performing The Little Drummer Boy / Peace On Earth. HLC Properties Ltd., under license to Beach Road Music, LLC

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                            Took me a while but got there in the end
                                                                                                            Well done Kev. Great work.

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                            Nope. Still fucked on Chrome. Working on dolphin as suggested by DP I believe.
                                                                                                            On Chrome now if you can see it and click on the vid and it'll load in YouTube app. Android, btw, and I've a nexus so might have the update earlier than some.

I got 34 likes to flow
                                                                                                            I got 34 likes to go
                                                                                                            Cause if you like me let me know
                                                                                                            Let me in the studio
                                                                                                            Did you see me on ipb oh no
                                                                                                            Let me in the studio
                                                                                                            Did you see me on ipb, oh no
                                                                                                            Let me in the studio

LYRICS IN DESCRIPTION!NO COPYRIGHT INTENDED.ENJOY!Ha, ha, ha, whatcha laughin at? [MEGAMAN:]Megaman up first21 seconds oh shitI ain't got no time to smoke th...

Not going to leave us after you reach your goal are you?

Comment

Still getting the plug in not supported message. Getting a new phone next week so hopefully that'll be fully updated and sort the problem.

Alternatively I hope that one plus that Lplate ordered might be on its way but highly doubtful

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                Getting that Christmasy feeling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXjbI3kRus
                                                                                                                He was never that big into covers, but this was excellent

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Fuck it

Wham! - Last Christmas (Official Video)WHAM! The Singles: Echoes From The Edge Of Heaven: https://wham.lnk.to/TheSinglesStream and download here: https://Wha...

Comment

It's that time of year again... the year end list.

Love 'em or hate 'em its one way to discover stuff you missed.

If you want to hear some great, largely forgotten music from the last 40 years this vinyl reissue one is about as good as it gets.

Currently working my way through You Tubing the 28 i didn't buy and it's a real treat.

Here's just one example. William Burroughs and Genesis P. Orridge getting psychedelic

the last track from the mind-blowing album 'William S. Burroughs -In Dub (Selected By Dub Spencer & Trance Hill)'this is a psychedelic sound experience which...

26. William S. Burroughs

Nothing Here Now but the Recordings

(Dais Records)

A classified ad in FILE magazine was the unexpected starting point for a friendship between beat legend William S. Burroughs and Throbbing Gristle’s Genesis P-Orridge and “Sleazy”. From there, P-Orridge spent close to a decade trying to persuade the author to let them release his sound experiments, many of which were created using Brion Gysin’s cut-up technique.

Finally in 1980 TG were invited to Burrough’s New York apartment to trawl through previously unheard soundbites from his tape recorder. After a year of tireless archive and restoration work, Nothing Here Now but the Recordings emerged. As well as cut-ups of TV ads and news items, the album features field recordings from his travels, EVP recording techniques and voice experiments that draw comparison to Alvin Lucier’s landmark “I Am Sitting In A Room”; a unique collage of language and noise that would supply industrial kids with a crucial hook to hang off.

Reissued this year for the first time since its original ’81 release, Dais Recordings has a strong history of working with P-Orridge and an enviable track record of seeking out important, lost recordings for a modern audience. As expected 1000 copies in the run are gone but you can try your luck on Discogs.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                      Well done Kev. Great work.

On Chrome now if you can see it and click on the vid and it'll load in YouTube app. Android, btw, and I've a nexus so might have the update earlier than some.

Not going to leave us after you reach your goal are you?
                                                                                                                      It doesn't seem likely really. I love ye shower of cunce too much you see. All of ye, even the cunce I like less than the cunce I like lots.

Especially you, if you are reading this, you know who you are (all of you).

Comment

For Courier Collie feeling Christmassy

Comment

Big up my old haunt of PA

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X