This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    Fair to Michelle,I don't know how you can convince people to pay the extra premiums for HD , multiroom or the utter waste of money that is Sky movies, always see people on that sky thread on boards shipping over a ton a month to sky, it's nuts.
    I have limited closer offers , very limited especially and only for you Because I really like you. Multi room is the easiest sale ever especially when I am speaking to a couple , " ya know when ye are killing each other or he/she is annoying the shit out of you. you can pop out to the kitchen or up to your bedroom and watch what YOU want in perfect peace "

HD now has 300 box sets built in which it didnt originally handy enough get rid of too

On another note I am quite seedy and have work in an hour be grand shur one top tier with a few attachments and Im grand
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Mad to see Zoidberg getting hassle for donating $45bn to charity. If only there wasn't those pesky social networks allowing people to spread mistruths.
        Find that so mad. It's like no one read what he said, and their misconception is a news story.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
          I am just suggesting that investing one's self worth so much in target points, and being aggressively competitive with others has certain consequences for one's happiness and peace of mind.
          Gets a bit hollow. I'm having my best week ever and I'm getting almost negative satisfaction from it.

Comment

Most people don't do something they find worthwhile, or even like to do. Something that appeals to what they feel is good and right. They get monetary satisfaction to fulfill needs , manufactured desires and little else, it wears thin if (when) you stop to care about such things, you may become nihilistic at this stage. All these billionaires giving away money isn't just because it's a tax shelter, setting up generational dynasties or because they have enough to live on anyway - they are feeling unfulfilled after getting something they never really truly wanted. Pretty sure I'd be happiest working with people and other animals, but really I'll be living in a cabin in a forest. Gonna save deposit for timber.
            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 04-12-15, 11:24.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                Gets a bit hollow. I'm having my best week ever and I'm getting almost negative satisfaction from it.
                As a man of numbers I am sure you understand that stats pointless unless they are applied to anything. Whilst from the company side they clearly track ROI on your salary etc have they sat down with you every month to work them into how it relates to you, your continued progression and incentivised them?

Hitting numbers on a board for no reason can get dull if someone doesn't keep explaining how it is about much more than just generating max returns for the company - even if it is blatantly not about anything else in reality.

Congrats on having a great week tho, running into end of quarter performance reviews I would say focus on how this will reflect in that meeting, isolate what you did correctly to make it happen, sell your insight to your boss for a pay rise. When hitting the number always have an eye on how you can use them to get to where you want to be. Stats as I said meaningless to you as you are not planning on using them. In that case it is just annoying to have to walk to the board, ring the bell or fill in an excel sheet.

Well its either that or you are just having a shitty week cause of the rain and nothing so deep thinking is required and just get a better umbrella.

Comment

Mad to see Zoidberg getting hassle for donating $45bn to charity. If only there wasn't those pesky social networks allowing people to spread mistruths.
                  I'm extremely sceptical of people who have shitloads of money, refuse to pay anything approaching their fair share of tax but claim they want to transfer all the money they stumbled upon into making the world a better place. In this case, through a carefully constructed vehicle that ensures they retain control of the company.
                  If you don't like the way taxes are spent get into government and change it. If you build a business that thrives only because you have access to highly educated people whose education and health was taxpayer funded then just pay your fucking taxes. IMO.
                  In any case its all irrelevant because the foundation will never get to $10B never mind 40 Facebook, already little more than an advert stream, is on an inevitable trajectory in the way of myspace and all other single product online model.

The Buffett Gates fund is interesting they have a focus on projects that should be achievable but governments are failing to deliver but the general principal of philanthropy as an alternative to paying tax has to be restricted.
                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 04-12-15, 11:31.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Thats just sappy.
                    at least he's trying to branch out. i'm rooting for him anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                      Most people don't do something they find worthwhile, or even like to do. Something that appeals to what they feel is good and right. They get monetary satisfaction to fulfill needs , manufactured desires and little else, it wears thin if (when) you stop to care about such things, you may become nihilistic at this stage. All these billionaires giving away money isn't just because it's a tax shelter, setting up generational dynasties or because they have enough to live on anyway - they are feeling unfulfilled after getting something they never really truly wanted. Pretty sure I'd be happiest working with people and other animals, but really I'll be living in a cabin in a forest. Gonna save deposit for timber.
                      Pretty sexist to think that if they had had a boy he would have kept the money happily but since it was a girl he has lost all hope.

Comment

This is mostly because he could be using it for nefarious means, unlike gates, it remains to be seen. Bit early to be calling him out on anything. And I think the naysaying is bollocks.
                        Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        I'm extremely sceptical of people who have shitloads of money, refuse to pay anything approaching their fair share of tax but still want to all the money they stumbled into making the world a better place through a carefully constructed vehicle that ensures they retain control of the company.
                        If you don't like the way taxes are spent get into government and change it. If you build a business that thrives only because you have access to highly educated people whose education and health was taxpayer funded then just pay your fucking taxes. IMO.
                        In any case its all irrelevant because the foundation will never get to $10B never mind 40 Facebook, already little more than an advert stream, is on an inevitable trajectory in the way of myspace and all other single product online model.
                        By shunting money into that and avoiding CG tax, that is how it is designed, not his problem. Blame the tax system if you call that avoiding tax. Or do you mean avoiding tax in general? That's fair enough.

Maybe he doesn't have faith that "getting into government" is in any way feasible and he will be dead before things change. But really yeah, there is a case for what you say all right.
                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 04-12-15, 11:34.

Comment

Mostly dealing with some bizarre business practices this week.

Was out for dinner with a group last Friday and was unable to pay the bill because the power went out. Have called them 3 times since trying to settle up and keep getting the response that there's no one there that can do it and they'll get back to me. They have my phone number and my email address and have made no attempt to contact me. Bill was for more than €500 so totally bizarre that they seem to not care.

Also,

I'm off to Manchester tomorrow to see New Order and am supposed to be staying in an AirBNB appt. Owner posted the keys to me at the beginning of the week and there's no sign of them. Dunno if it's just bad luck or if I got gazumped because manchester hotels are expensive as hell this weekend. Strange times.

Comment

I'm extremely sceptical of people who have shitloads of money, refuse to pay anything approaching their fair share of tax but claim they want to transfer all the money they stumbled upon into making the world a better place. In this case, through a carefully constructed vehicle that ensures they retain control of the company.

The Buffett Gates fund is interesting they have a focus on projects that should be achievable but governments are failing to deliver but the general principal of philanthropy as an alternative to paying tax has to be restricted.
                            Don't agree, I think Bill Gates is going to do immeasurably more with his loots than Uncle Sam could ever have done. Think we're much better off with super smart successful people using their money to fix things rather than archaic bureaucratic behemoths.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                              As a man of numbers I am sure you understand that stats pointless unless they are applied to anything. Whilst from the company side they clearly track ROI on your salary etc have they sat down with you every month to work them into how it relates to you, your continued progression and incentivised them?

Hitting numbers on a board for no reason can get dull if someone doesn't keep explaining how it is about much more than just generating max returns for the company - even if it is blatantly not about anything else in reality.

Congrats on having a great week tho, running into end of quarter performance reviews I would say focus on how this will reflect in that meeting, isolate what you did correctly to make it happen, sell your insight to your boss for a pay rise. When hitting the number always have an eye on how you can use them to get to where you want to be. Stats as I said meaningless to you as you are not planning on using them. In that case it is just annoying to have to walk to the board, ring the bell or fill in an excel sheet.

Well its either that or you are just having a shitty week cause of the rain and nothing so deep thinking is required and just get a better umbrella.
                              Ah no it translates into an exact monetary gain. Although I have also been considering buying a nice umbrella but I figure I'm highly likely to lose/break it!
                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 04-12-15, 12:01.

Comment

Pulled pork for culchies?
                                You're from Clare you gowl

Comment

Looking for some possible career advice. I know there's a diverse range of occupations amongst the regular BBV posters so curious what people think.
                                  Finished college in May, basic Business degree, took the first job offer in Betfair as a Trading Assistant and now I'm a Trader. As you all know the future of the company is currently up in the air. Basically after talking to numerous other guys in the company, if our roles are deemed surplus once the merger happens. I'm unsure of how well my job is perceived by other employers and what I could easily transition into without taking too much of a step backwards.
                                  I will stay until there are some concrete decisions regarding our roles. Obviously can look into other Trading jobs but not pushed on the hours long term.
                                  Any thoughts/advice?

Comment

Isn't that the american way though? Make as much as possible and then give it all away in order to be remembered. T.Boone Pickens gave around a billion to oklahoma state university to mainly upgrade their sports facilities.

Is the giving pledge the Buffet Gates fund you're talking about?

Comment

Ah no it translates into an exact monetary gain. Although I have also been considering buying a nice umbrella but I figure I'm highly likely to lose/break it.
                                      In that case buy the umbrella, fuck it you have had a good week and earned it. If you didn't buy anything because you might loose or break it you would be living in an unfurnished house wearing the same clothes you left home in going to college.

Monetary gain is a surprisingly weak motivator over long periods of time so your company is missing a step. In this very simple example you dont give a shit about the extra money you earned to buy a snazzy umbrella but if they gave you the umbrella you would have been happy.

Pretty sure I am disproving my point and proving Hotspurs to a certain extent here.

Comment

Rant

Was supposed to skype with Brumbies forwards & scrum coach today in prep for working in NZ. Woke up at 6 and fell asleep around 7.45 and they called at 8.08 and I missed it. Should have been micro dosing lsd and double dropping the adderol obviously.

Comment

Don't agree, I think Bill Gates is going to do immeasurably more with his loots than Uncle Sam could ever have done. Think we're much better off with super smart successful people using their money to fix things rather than archaic bureaucratic behemoths.
                                          Ayn Rand fanbois always think that, doesn't make them any less wrong.
                                          Gates/Buffett Carnigie back in the day may be an exceptions that prove the rule but IMO the vast majority of philanthropy is barely disguised tax dodge money pissed away on vanity projects.

On a related note of someone else who does charity well it was nice to see Barney Curley honoured for his charity work on the news last night.

Comment

Ah no it translates into an exact monetary gain. Although I have also been considering buying a nice umbrella but I figure I'm highly likely to lose/break it!
                                            Do it Denny.

You don't want to be suffering from umbrella envy at the next HHE event.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

In that case buy the umbrella, fuck it you have had a good week and earned it. If you didn't buy anything because you might loose or break it you would be living in an unfurnished house wearing the same clothes you left home in going to college.

Monetary gain is a surprisingly weak motivator over long periods of time so your company is missing a step. In this very simple example you dont give a shit about the extra money you earned to buy a snazzy umbrella but if they gave you the umbrella you would have been happy.

Pretty sure I am disproving my point and proving Hotspurs to a certain extent here.
                                              Which is a funny one because it goes against all theories of the utility of money.

It's more like that gaining €50 has no impact on my happiness, but spending a €50 would feel slightly negative, as would the feeling of having the potential to earn that €50 but not doing so. Which is all highly illogical!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                Do it Denny.

You don't want to be suffering from umbrella envy at the next HHE event.
                                                But then I'm left with the burden of looking after it! It's why I'm very reluctant to buy things these days, feels like a burden having this 'thing' in my space.

Comment

But then I'm left with the burden of looking after it! It's why I'm very reluctant to buy things these days, feels like a burden having this 'thing' in my space.
                                                  You don't look after the umbrella.

The umbrella looks after you.

Consider the joy of happily striding down the street in a gale-force downpour, your umbrella sheltering you from the elements while all around lesser mortals curse their twisted shreds of metal and canvas.

Comment

Its an umbrella not a dog or a child. If you break it buy another one - your a commodities trader, indulge your selfish capitalist inner child. Ennui is for french painters

Comment

Denny's mild angst about making too much money trading amidst thoughts of buying an expensive umbrella might be the most first world thing I've ever seen

Comment

The only ever cool umbrella dude was in the Avengers .

Pity people don't consider guys donating billions as anything other than fking hero's . Bill Gates is an amazing dude .

Comment

Buy a fulton, those are the bomb and not too expensive.

Also how does that work? You make money and get given money, do they punish you if it is lost?
                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 04-12-15, 12:33.

Comment

Buy a..............shrubbery nI ni

Comment

Comment

mornin
                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

A circumcision ambulance stolen in a violent carjacking has been found in a pub car park in east London.

Wait, what?
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

As Tar said, this is a scheme designed by the US government to encourage philantrophy through tax incentives. It's like calling out people for using the home insulation tax breaks. He's also giving away 99% of his money, which is clearly more than any tax would be.
                                                                    99% eh ? Just so he can feel better about himself eh ? Just like we do when we help people ? Does it matter what sort of self gratification we get from it as long as the money is doing good. Oh yeah he might have gone a long way to helping millions of people avoid dying from maleria but he doesn't have to be so smug about it LOLs (insert picard facepalm)
                                                                    Last edited by Solskjaer; 04-12-15, 13:23. Reason: critical correction ;-0

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                      I have limited closer offers , very limited especially and only for you Because I really like you. Multi room is the easiest sale ever especially when I am speaking to a couple , " ya know when ye are killing each other or he/she is annoying the shit out of you. you can pop out to the kitchen or up to your bedroom and watch what YOU want in perfect peace "

HD now has 300 box sets built in which it didnt originally handy enough get rid of too

On another note I am quite seedy and have work in an hour be grand shur one top tier with a few attachments and Im grand
                                                                      Who buys sky movies though? Presumably nobody over 50. If you are managing to sign people up for that you are god level sales

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                        Great pun, won't be topped.

Comment

Who buys sky movies though? Presumably nobody over 50. If you are managing to sign people up for that you are god level sales
                                                                          Loads it's xmas, we have an xmas movie dedicated channel. Remember movies and sports are not a Contract. You are free to pick up and drop as often as you like once you give 31 days notice. Oul miserable winter ahead nice to have them for a couple of months. You can also watch a movie on the go on your tablet phone etc.
                                                                          The wimmins all ages love the movies, so the men get the sports herself gets the movies. And they are all happy.
                                                                          Not everyone is into steaming / downloading, most wouldn't have a clue tbh.
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Perhaps you feel that the overall system is flawed and not just Michelle's and other sales people which is quite possible. Way longer post than expected but would really like to hear more from you on the topic tho. Always interesting to understand more about the psychology side. Moving away from the obvious sales people have a lot of the indicators of psychopathy as a general rule.
                                                                            People have misunderstood the point I was trying to make, which means that I didn't articulate it very well. I wasn't arguing against KPI's, targets, and behaviour orientated towards meeting them.

In order to understand a behaviour it's insufficient to merely observe the behaviour. You have to look at the functions of the behaviour. The same people can be engaging in the same behaviour but there can be some very different functions of it. One person is waving their arm to say hello, another to call for attention because they are drowning.

So what our intentions are and what the underlying motivational state we are in is are crucially important in looking at behaviour. So take a look at this 3 circle model of motivational systems:

Now a person might be engaging in behaviour orientated towards achieving KPIs and targets operating out of the drive motivational system - as iSnow suggested in taking care of one's family financially, or in progressing one's career. That's grand. I might personally not agree that such things are existentially fulfilling, but that's just my preference and not the point I was making.

The point I was making is when ongoing behaviour comes partly out of the threat motivational system then there is a problem. Much of MSN's stated motivation for her behaviour in achieving high sales is to stick it to her fellow workers. This is coming from the threat system.

We need our threat system, but when we stay in it absent of genuine threats it has a range of negative psychological and physical effects.

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                            . Nothing wrong with wanting to kick the shit out of the competition.
                                                                            You recently shared that you had some difficulties with being in your threat system too much, or that it was easily activated. Thinking about work in terms of kicking the shit out of competition will put and keep people in their threat system. Our brains have evolved over time in a hodge-podge manner, and it has problems. Possibly chief among them is that it doesn't well distinguish when there is actually threat from when we merely think about things within a framework of competitiveness and threat.

People who get stressed and burnt out do so because they frame things in terms of competitiveness, stay in their threat systems far too much, and are always in "doing mode".

So there is a big difference between working to meet a personal or external target from within the dopaminergic drive system, and with the backup of the soothing affiliative opiate and oxytoxin system if it gets tough or doesn't work out so well (you can be compassionate towards yourself and self soothe), and doing it mostly from the threat system which is grounded in competitiveness and in a wash of adrenaline and cortisol stress hormones.

The same behaviour, with the same financial and career outcomes, can be engaged in from within different motivational systems, grounded in different framing perspectives, and with drastically different psychological and physical effects.

And no amount of threat or drive motivated achievements will ever soothe and heal a deep feeling of not being good enough.

Comment

Why is a high powered sports car required to slice the top off mickeys?
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Barca. Swoon.

Barcelona’s attacking trident are a stunning example of sporting synchronicity that defy superlatives and must be cherished while their perfection lasts

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                  People have misunderstood the point I was trying to make, which means that I didn't articulate it very well. I wasn't arguing against KPI's, targets, and behaviour orientated towards meeting them.

In order to understand a behaviour it's insufficient to merely observe the behaviour. You have to look at the functions of the behaviour. The same people can be engaging in the same behaviour but there can be some very different functions of it. One person is waving their arm to say hello, another to call for attention because they are drowning.

So what our intentions are and what the underlying motivational state we are in is are crucially important in looking at behaviour. So take a look at this 3 circle model of motivational systems:

Now a person might be engaging in behaviour orientated towards achieving KPIs and targets operating out of the drive motivational system - as iSnow suggested in taking care of one's family financially, or in progressing one's career. That's grand. I might personally not agree that such things are existentially fulfilling, but that's just my preference and not the point I was making.

The point I was making is when ongoing behaviour comes partly out of the threat motivational system then there is a problem. Much of MSN's stated motivation for her behaviour in achieving high sales is to stick it to her fellow workers. This is coming from the threat system.

We need our threat system, but when we stay in it absent of genuine threats it has a range of negative psychological and physical effects.

You recently shared that you had some difficulties with being in your threat system too much, or that it was easily activated. Thinking about work in terms of kicking the shit out of competition will put and keep people in their threat system. Our brains have evolved over time in a hodge-podge manner, and it has problems. Possibly chief among them is that it doesn't well distinguish when there is actually threat from when we merely think about things within a framework of competitiveness and threat.

People who get stressed and burnt out do so because they frame things in terms of competitiveness, stay in their threat systems far too much, and are always in "doing mode".

So there is a big difference between working to meet a personal or external target from within the dopaminergic drive system, and with the backup of the soothing affiliative opiate and oxytoxin system if it gets tough or doesn't work out so well (you can be compassionate towards yourself and self soothe), and doing it mostly from the threat system which is grounded in competitiveness and in a wash of adrenaline and cortisol stress hormones.

The same behaviour, with the same financial and career outcomes, can be engaged in from within different motivational systems, grounded in different framing perspectives, and with drastically different psychological and physical effects.

And no amount of threat or drive motivated achievements will ever soothe and heal a deep feeling of not being good enough.
                                                                                  Much of MSN's stated motivation for her behaviour in achieving high sales is to stick it to her fellow workers

Hmm dunno about this bit. I like to brag but never in a nasty manner also if my fellow Co worker was needing a 60 pointer to hit target and I was on target, I have and would give her a, sale. We work extremely well together.

My motivation is, I always want to be ahead of myself if you get me. I'm an awful woman for planning and if I'm ahead in everything it makes me feel secure happy. Can't really explain it. Also because I'm a bit of a gambler I get the same adrenalin rush from a sale like I would pulling in a big pot at a cash game. It's a fucking awesome buzz. It's different to any other job... Maybe I'm picking u up all wrong dunno lol
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                    Why is a high powered sports car required to slice the top off mickeys?
                                                                                    to get out of there quick as you can when you botch the job!!!

Comment

What's for lunch msn?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        tldr: Barcelona are great to watch, enjoy it now because they won't be around for ever. Money is ruining football.

Article reminded me of a great quote from physicist Paul Dirac: "In science you want to say something that nobody knew before, in words which everyone can understand. In poetry you are bound to say... something that everybody knows already in words that nobody can understand"

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                          What's for lunch msn?
                                                                                          Tesco meal deal 3.50 turkey ham stuffing mayo cranberry sambo salt and vinegar crisp a bottle of water. Ten mins later no joke a friend dropped a double cheeseburger from macdonalds onto the stand and I ate that too. I have also just eaten four reeces peanut butter cups and am now typing this from the toilet
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Shit,away in Germany next weekend,hope I can find a late bar to Watch McGregor fight,doubt shitty hotel WiFi will be good enough to stream from UFC.tv
                                                                                            What city are you in?

Comment

Ten mins later no joke a friend dropped a double cheeseburger from macdonalds onto the stand and I ate that too.
                                                                                              That is not a friend, that is a threat trying to slow you down!

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                That is not a friend, that is a threat trying to slow you down!
                                                                                                Nah, we have to work together everyday. In the beginning we were like two animals nearly suffocating customers. Then we just found a happy medium. I'm. Also being cute , she's area leader this weekend too. We need to get along. We do get along. I'm also a cute fucker
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

He's also giving away 99% of his money, which is clearly more than any tax would be.
                                                                                                  Sounds great as a headline but the fact is what he has said he will do is that between now and sometime long into the future he will transfer the ownership of 99% of his shares into a foundation that they will control.
                                                                                                  Whatever he is doing it is not giving away 99% of his money.

Look the specifics of this Zuckerburg foundation is not the point. The question is 'tax efficient' philanthropy a better use of money than paying tax (or even any better for the world than in investing in business) ?
                                                                                                  I argue that only Ayn Rand fanbois really believe that it is and I'd be very surprised if you would disagree with the principal.

Comment

Thanks Hotspur interesting post.

Whilst I know that is a very simplistic overview of a complicated theory I can see where people I work with fit in.

Do you think that certain jobs require people to be more in certain spaces. Like sales jobs I imagine require people to be in Drive and or Threat mode much more than Teachers for instance.

Fortunately I dont find myself in threat mode very often (well as far as I know anyway) and when I do I think it is justified but I do know others who basically live in it. I can see why KPI's bring that out in people. I guess I didn't identify it from the point of view of it being a different psychological state impacting why people failed to sell but it makes sense.

I am a big fan of the apprentice UK. I know it is lame shit but I love it, probably because of the area I work in and partly because we all need a aimless distraction to laugh at strangers failing at simple tasks. Last week a guy walked off and quit the process. He was fantastic for 6 weeks and I was putting him down as a finalist and maybe able to go all the way. In week 7 he just dropped like a stone and kept sinking - it was like 2 different people and he went from energetic, positive and a great seller to looking physically wrecked, lost confidence and couldn't do anything that he usually excelled at in any shape or fashion. Clearly went from drive and comfort into full on threat mode.

Interesting stuff and I still love KPI's, targets and being in pole position. Hopefully due to drive and I dont have the most passive threat mode ever.

Comment

...

Comment

Yeah a box containing 20k loom bands
                                                                                                        Happened here, ended up hoovering up the feckers!

Are we meant to be chopping the tips off kids mickeys now? Although gather its standard in the US for hygiene reasons. But who could hand over their kid to someone with a butchers knife for a mickey trim.
                                                                                                        It really isn't common practice as far as I know. I know plenty of Americans with micky's intact! and I don't really hear of anyone over here getting it done unless for religious reasons.

Don't do it for the future ladies in his life

Women reported that they were significantly more likely to have vaginal dryness during intercourse with circumcised men than genitally intact men.

Comment

Are we meant to be chopping the tips off kids mickeys now? Although gather its standard in the US for hygiene reasons. But who could hand over their kid to someone with a butchers knife for a mickey trim.
                                                                                                          Hygiene me bollix.

Comment

Please do not mutilate your child. There are too many risks and side effects and in this day and age there is literally no benefit to it.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                              Please do not mutilate your child. There are too many risks and side effects and in this day and age there is literally no benefit to it.
                                                                                                              They'd all be doing it if the priests said it was the only way to get their kids into the local school.

Comment

Comment

Storm Desmond. Would they slowdown a bit. I prefered when every gust of wind wasn't given a name.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    Happened here, ended up hoovering up the feckers!

It really isn't common practice as far as I know. I know plenty of Americans with micky's intact! and I don't really hear of anyone over here getting it done unless for religious reasons.

Don't do it for the future ladies in his life

http://www.circumcision.org/femalesex.htm

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                        Haha what I meant was the ladies from the pregnancy forums I used to frequent told me they left them intact

Comment

Don't chop the top off. Craziness.

My oul lad had to get his done last year for medical reasons, the poor poor bastard.

When I told my other similarly butchered mates, they added him to a whatsapp group called "the threeskinners" solid lol from all of us.

Am informed that not being butchered is unusual here in Calgary. Not sure if that holds to most of North America though.
                                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X