This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
    Re revolut and that other one Emmet posted, what guarantees do we have that our money is safe?
    "The safe and secure transaction of currency is central to Revolut’s mission and philosophy. Revolut does not transact, take or keep any money from customers directly. All your money is held in ring-fenced client accounts at Barclays. That means if anything happens to Optimal Payments or Revolut, your money is still safe.

All your card transactions are processed by the MasterCard network and are protected by MasterCard rules."

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
      "The safe and secure transaction of currency is central to Revolut’s mission and philosophy. Revolut does not transact, take or keep any money from customers directly. All your money is held in ring-fenced client accounts at Barclays. That means if anything happens to Optimal Payments or Revolut, your money is still safe.

All your card transactions are processed by the MasterCard network and are protected by MasterCard rules."
      Own Neteller, Skrill, Paysafe and others.

Comment

So that number26 thing is exactly the same as Revolut from the FX pov? just get xe.com rates every time every transaction?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Is the McGregor fight going to be on BT?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
              Is the McGregor fight going to be on BT?
              Yup

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                Yup
                ppv?
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Anything more annoying than knocking a full tin of toothpicks onto the floor?

Rainman can go fuck himself
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                    Yup
                    That is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Anything more annoying than knocking a full tin of toothpicks onto the floor?

Rainman can go fuck himself
                      Yeah a box containing 20k loom bands
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Lol paddy power. Tried to put a ton on SF position after next election 4th. Told I could have 25 @20s and the rest at 10s. Walked around the corner and got the rest on in another pp shop. A lot amiss imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                          ppv?
                          Yes but in Ireland and UK BT show them on their subscription channels.

Comment

Our weekly target in work is 300 bounty points per person. Hit 310 alone yesterday. Finished week which is today on 695.disgusted I didnt hit 700 lol some buzz all the same
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                              Absolutely obsessed with Ice Hockey at the moment.

Playing and skating as much as I can. Some craic, best part is playing with Canadians for the first time and getting all the bullshit about how they were born on skates and how Irish people can't play etc etc and then lighting the fuckers up. No better feeling.

Its gas, my team is basically all expats and pretty much all newbies but we are getting together and skating 2/3 times a week and have one game a week. Once the outdoor rinks freeze I'll be out as much as possible.

Concussion city.
                              Done any curling? spent a summer playing it in dallas and one of the best sports I have ever played.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                Lol paddy power. Tried to put a ton on SF position after next election 4th. Told I could have 25 @20s and the rest at 10s. Walked around the corner and got the rest on in another pp shop. A lot amiss imo.
                                Surely only FF and FG will get more seats than them. I don't think a grouping of all the others counts
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                  Surely only FF and FG will get more seats than them. I don't think a grouping of all the others counts
                                  Assume shano is banking on a Labour surge\SF collapse combo.

Bit of a longshot but not the worst 20/1 bet ever. Few more Pearse McAuleys crawling out of the slime and the realisation that FG\LAB are the only ones actually offering an option that wants to govern might do it.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                    Done any curling? spent a summer playing it in dallas and one of the best sports I have ever played.
                                    lol.
                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                      Re revolut and that other one Emmet posted, what guarantees do we have that our money is safe?
                                      I think most people are approaching Revolut with the idea of only moving money onto the card that they intend to use in the very near future; I used it almost exclusively in Hong Kong and China recently and would have saved myself a decent amount by doing so. Put over €1500 through the card over the course of a week or so, though the most I could have lost at any one time if the whole operation went poof was only about €500.

Comment

I know I'm way behind but holy shit the second half of S4 of The Walking Dead delivers big time. Becomes way more like the comic - dark, brutal, chaotic. Love it.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

making syn free chips m8s

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                            Our weekly target in work is 300 bounty points per person. Hit 310 alone yesterday. Finished week which is today on 695.disgusted I didnt hit 700 lol some buzz all the same
                                            I would have signed up for the adult channels if I knew you were going to be 5 pts short.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              Assume shano is banking on a Labour surge\SF collapse combo.

Bit of a longshot but not the worst 20/1 bet ever. Few more Pearse McAuleys crawling out of the slime and the realisation that FG\LAB are the only ones actually offering an option that wants to govern might do it.
                                              Hard for me to be optimistic... would be sweet though.
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                Hard for me to be optimistic... would be sweet though.
                                                SF have a pretty natural ceiling of ~20%. Their support is very heavily concentrated in the DE social groups - they scare the crap out of the ABCs.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                  I would have signed up for the adult channels if I knew you were going to be 5 pts short.
                                                  no points for adult channels

your sale was worth 39 points to give u an idea
                                                  Last edited by SatNav; 03-12-15, 22:01.
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Damien O'Donnell the director who made East is East is doing a hell of a job on the Savage Eye keeping the writing sharp and McSavage on a short leash.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      SF have a pretty natural ceiling of ~20%. Their support is very heavily concentrated in the DE social groups - they scare the crap out of the ABCs.
                                                      They did manage to snare enough of them in the North and are hanging on to them only for the lack of any alternative. Then that is not exactly an open market

Comment

sp is on washing up

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          They did manage to snare enough of them in the North and are hanging on to them only for the lack of any alternative. Then that is not exactly an open market
                                                          it doesn't matter who you vote for in the North

(It's not like NI government policy is actually going to change or indeed make any difference. Basically they are just getting patted on the head for not killing each other.)

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                            sp is on washing up
                                                            Make us a cuppa green tea please

Comment

Mad headline really

A bonus system for ministers, politicians, and other public servants would be introduced under proposals launched by Renua Ireland.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Class country though that terrorists can just go into a shop and buy their instruments of terror.
                                                                      It is kinda gas, that a President who has repeatedly expressed his opposition to that situation has been unable to do diddely squat about it. Regardless of whether it's terrorists, the mentally unwell, or just bad eggs.
                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Grats on the cat. Pics

Comment

Comment

Seems to be easier to tell dogs apart.
                                                                              Racist!

Comment

Anyone else addicted to this ham, I cant stop fucking eating it, comes in 2 little pots. absolutely delish!

Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Pulled pork for culchies?
                                                                                    dunno but i just ate a few rounds of it with salad cream cheese and tomato and now digging into 2nd botttle of vino, working tomorrow 12/9 god help me lol be grand shur. im full of shit hungover selling , be interesting to see will i hit the 60 points tomorrow lol, ill update tomorrow as soon as i sell a top tier with multiroom (57 points )
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

be interesting to see will i hit the 60 points tomorrow lol, ill update tomorrow as soon as i sell a top tier with multiroom (57 points )
                                                                                      I have great admiration for your work ethic, but I promise you that your competitive "I'm doing better than you" points scoring attitude is causing you to suffer in ways you don't even realise. Surely at some point during the wine consumption you have the thought "What the fuck am I am doing?!"

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                        Surely at some point during the wine consumption you have the thought "What the fuck am I am doing?!"
                                                                                        If it didn't happen during the second pot of ham it wasn't going to happen during the second bottle of wine

Comment

I have great admiration for your work ethic, but I promise you that your competitive "I'm doing better than you" points scoring attitude is causing you to suffer in ways you don't even realise. Surely at some point during the wine consumption you have the thought "What the fuck am I am doing?!"
                                                                                          nope , my answer to my manager today when he said "lets see how good you are in Jan" was FU I can sell any day any week any month. I have been told twice this week by two customers " you are some sales woman" , i am good at what I do. I love it . its me and I will deliver every fucking time

My target is 300 points per week by management , I set my own personal target at 500 . im a weirdo. If I deliver less than 400 Im like a cunt

I have achieved what I set to achieve since i started and will continue to do so and fuck the begrudgers , dog eat dog

Horatio will prove my eye is on the game every time

"causing you to suffer in ways you don't even realise"
                                                                                          believe me im well aware
                                                                                          Last edited by SatNav; 04-12-15, 00:44.
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Make sure those feckers are rewarding you sufficiently . There is no point having a Conor Mcgregor attitude if you don't get monies for the shiny suits. You should get into a high commission sales role and bink a few bob for yourself before you burn out. Use the sales graph you've earned as a deal clencher.

having said all that I have no clue what you get so ignore if they are rewarding you handsomely , fair play and bop till you drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                              Make sure those feckers are rewarding you sufficiently . There is no point having a Conor Mcgregor attitude if you don't get monies for the shiny suits. You should get into a high commission sales role and bink a few bob for yourself before you burn out. Use the sales graph you've earned as a deal clencher.

having said all that I have no clue what you get so ignore if they are rewarding you handsomely , fair play and bop till you drop.
                                                                                              It's all banding I'm just about top banding per point can't really go much further. I'm. Good
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Like meeting targets and making sure her family are taken care of? Surely while on your high horse you have considered wine consumption?

Comment

nope , my answer to my manager today when he said "lets see how good you are in Jan" was FU I can sell any day any week any month. I have been told twice this week by two customers " you are some sales woman" , i am good at what I do. I love it . its me and I will deliver every fucking time

My target is 300 points per week by management , I set my own personal target at 500 . im a weirdo. If I deliver less than 400 Im like a cunt

I have achieved what I set to achieve since i started and will continue to do so and fuck the begrudgers , dog eat dog

Horatio will prove my eye is on the game every time

"causing you to suffer in ways you don't even realise" believe me im well aware
                                                                                                  You sound like McGregor, hes going well.

I for one enjoy your work related posts, keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                                                    Like meeting targets and making sure her family are taken care of? Surely while on your high horse you have considered wine consumption?
                                                                                                    My comment wasn't about wine consumption, it just seemed like a time when an epiphany might occur.

I genuinely have enormous respect for MSN's work ethic and apparent incredible ability to sell through being friendly and down to earth with people. I am just suggesting that investing one's self worth so much in target points, and being aggressively competitive with others has certain consequences for one's happiness and peace of mind.

I think of MSN every time I pass an E-cig shop or stall. We definitely missed a trick there.

Comment

Why does nobody else call that cunt out for what he is?

In the latter stages of making top notch chilli. Nom.

Comment

save me some chilli, post pics

Comment

So, an NJ arena had this up last night, promptly removed. A tour is on the cards it seems.

This too shall pass.

Comment

My comment wasn't about wine consumption, it just seemed like a time when an epiphany might occur.

I genuinely have enormous respect for MSN's work ethic and apparent incredible ability to sell through being friendly and down to earth with people. I am just suggesting that investing one's self worth so much in target points, and being aggressively competitive with others has certain consequences for one's happiness and peace of mind.

I think of MSN every time I pass an E-cig shop or stall. We definitely missed a trick there.
                                                                                                            Sales targets and KPI's are always a funny one. I personally always loved them and pushed to hit the top level in every job. It is something measurable that I can see and directly corresponds to promotions, salary negotiations and commissions. You can see the last one is evident with Michelle and the other 2 will come.

The negative effect happens for people who are not great sales people. They tend to get demoralised, burnt out and quit\get fired pretty quickly. It is why a lot of people have sales or recruitment on their cv as it can be a tough grind or pretty lucrative dependent on natural ability. Nothing against people who dont like sales and targets - I am sure that it can be seen deep rooted sense of insecurity that drives the need to constantly prove myself but for me I think I am results driven like to set a goal and push past it. Always have been and always will.

We live in the world of moneyball and everything is measured and run through algorithms to see where improvements can be made. I would say most of the developed world works to measurable goals and targets that are picked apart and analysed. There are very few people in reality who are creative free thinkers, even if they feel they are. Whilst a lot of people probably dont realise as much as people in sales since the targeting is very on the nose.

Performance related appraisal rather than the old honest pay for an honest days work in so much as if you work you 8 hours you get paid now matter what is the new norm. Netflix have taken this to the next level with unlimited holidays so long as your work is getting done and you hit your milestones. The measurable targets are there, hit them and go home - a lot of sales roles are like this and it is the reason to put a commission cap in place to stop people burning out.

Perhaps you feel that the overall system is flawed and not just Michelle's and other sales people which is quite possible. Way longer post than expected but would really like to hear more from you on the topic tho. Always interesting to understand more about the psychology side. Moving away from the obvious sales people have a lot of the indicators of psychopathy as a general rule.

Comment

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Fair to Michelle,I don't know how you can convince people to pay the extra premiums for HD , multiroom or the utter waste of money that is Sky movies, always see people on that sky thread on boards shipping over a ton a month to sky, it's nuts.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 04-12-15, 10:48.

Comment

Shit,away in Germany next weekend,hope I can find a late bar to Watch McGregor fight,doubt shitty hotel WiFi will be good enough to stream from UFC.tv

Comment

Shamelessly robbed from Kayroos FB this is a fun piece of research

In Study 1, at least some participants appeared to find meaning
                                                                                                                    in a series of statements that contained a random collection
                                                                                                                    of vague buzzwords organized in a sentence with syntactic
                                                                                                                    structure. This tendency was significantly related to
                                                                                                                    cognitive variables of conceptual interest in expected ways.
                                                                                                                    In Study 2 we set out to replicate this pattern of results using
                                                                                                                    real-world examples of bullshit. For this, we created
                                                                                                                    an additional scale using particularly vague “tweets” from
                                                                                                                    Deepak Chopra’s “Twitter” account (see Table S2)
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 04-12-15, 10:56.

Comment

...

Comment

I think it's great that someone talented who clearly enjoys their work is doing it so well. I'm entirely certain I'd have a much better life if I had even 1/10th of the enthusiasm and drive that she has.
                                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I was merely suggesting you consider wine consumption. Nothing wrong with wanting to kick the shit out of the competition. The moment the process fully consumes you is when the problems arise. I'm a big fan of KPI's but when employers move the goalposts back so much it's unfair to unduly stress their golden geese.

SatNav seem to be pissing it obv. and treating it like a game. Long may it last.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X