Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    This is more than likely a lie.
    You can never resist can you?
    It probably is a lie but it is also probably not

One of them situations where both can and probably are true

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Actually, that changed the entire debate of 'what is welfare for?' in the States forever. Reagan was very far from being thick - just ask Gorbachev.

As with anything, you start with 'define Success'.

'Success' is now very much targeted at getting people off Welfare. I agree with that.
      But by that simple measurement of Reagans the Irish welfare system has clearly been a massive success in the last few years and something that the world should copy? The numbers are falling after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
        Labour party just came out and said he will sing the national anthem from now on

He is a republican, surely the labour party should stand for a republicans right to choose if they want to sing it!?

fuckwitism
        See the front pages this morning....
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Seven heaven as Irish restaurants get a taste of Michelin guide success

The Business Post website is the home of quality independent journalism. An Irish and global news service, with award winning comment and analysis - Business Post

Comment

All the more reason to stand his ground for at least a few days

All looks really weak and most people over here couldn't really give a fuck if he sings it or not

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
              Sky contacted me first asking woukd I be interested that's why I presumed I was only one. Anyway an ould fella just walked out. Female interviewer asked woukd I mind waiting another ten mins while she waits on area manager. Ugh I hate women interviewing me.. Aghhhh
              Well at least they have a consistent age demographic

If they are bringing in the area manager they are rolling your interviews into a one stop meeting which is good news. I would say that sky do interviews all day every day for sales people and that its not a case of your position being the only open one.

Either way your stats from before are all they will care about so easy game.

Comment

He's a hero for not singing the national anthem.
                He definetly has people worried,they would not be subjecting him to the full frontal media barrage he is going through if he was as big of a joke as some claim.
                Last edited by Guest; 16-09-15, 13:06.

Comment

Actually, that changed the entire debate of 'what is welfare for?' in the States forever. Reagan was very far from being thick - just ask Gorbachev.

As with anything, you start with 'define Success'.

'Success' is now very much targeted at getting people off Welfare. I agree with that.
                  That is a poor metric without examining the causes of people on welfare.
                  200 people on welfare in month 1
                  and 500 people on welfare in month 5 after closures, layoffs etc
                  does not mean welfare is 'failing'
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Love and Mercy is available in the usual places. It is a film about Beach Boys Brian Wilson. The portrayal of a young Wilson by Paul Damo is incredible. Film is strange, funny and absorbing while telling two stories at either ends of the spectrum of his life. Guy who directed it Pohlad has worked with Malick in the past and you can see his influence in the unconventional story telling with two stories which often seem to jarr with each other but it makes for a hell of an interesting film.

Opr

Comment

England is fucking weird.
                      Private eye has done a piece on the corbyn hatchet jobs so far:

Comment

The Sun standing up for the royals, didn't care too much when they were hacking their phones
                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                          The Sun standing up for the royals, didn't care too much when they were hacking their phones
                          Maybe they were just worried that the royals were feeling sad and wanted to keep an eye on them.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                            But by that simple measurement of Reagans the Irish welfare system has clearly been a massive success in the last few years and something that the world should copy? The numbers are falling after all.
                            Unemployment assistance, yes.

What about all the other programmes?
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

amnesia is free today on steam if you dont own it, play it, scariest game around, it's class. My boss refuses to start the game again,is scared witless of it.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent, a first person survival horror. A game about immersion, discovery and living through a nightmare. An experience that will chill you to the core.

Comment

Once we means test child benefit which I know you are a big fan of and it certainly makes sense what else?

Disability, long term heath and mental illness home care packages are pretty poor compared to other Euro countries so we doing that poorly but cheaply.

Unemployment and retraining has come on loads so we are doing it well.

Medical cards are being clamped down on.

Not sure what else we really have in Social Welfare really

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                  Once we means test child benefit which I know you are a big fan of and it certainly makes sense what else?

Disability, long term heath and mental illness home care packages are pretty poor compared to other Euro countries so we doing that poorly but cheaply.

Unemployment and retraining has come on loads so we are doing it well.

Medical cards are being clamped down on.

Not sure what else we really have in Social Welfare really
                                  Means test free travel for the over 65s. Don't care if it doesn't cost that much just take it off them

Comment

Presumably the numbers on many programmes will have come down in line with ua, and some are probably static or even rising.
                                    But again it cant actually prove that Programme A is failing and a mistake, in the same way the fall in numbers claiming unemployment assistance isn't an indication that we have a perfect unemployment assistance system. There are just so many other factors that need to be examined.

Think about the original statement again. "Reagan asked 'if they are so successful, why are the numbers on them increasing?'" It really is logically nonsense, and possibly just a legend anyway.

Comment

Presumably the numbers on many programmes will have come down in line with ua, and some are probably static or even rising.
                                      But again it cant actually prove that Programme A is failing and a mistake, in the same way the fall in numbers claiming unemployment assistance isn't an indication that we have a perfect unemployment assistance system. There are just so many other factors that need to be examined.

Think about the original statement again. "Reagan asked 'if they are so successful, why are the numbers on them increasing?'" It really is logically nonsense, and possibly just a legend anyway.
                                      Sounds like Reagan was consulting his astrologer on welfare as well as everything else

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                        Sounds like Reagan was consulting his astrologer on welfare as well as everything else
                                        That was Nancy!

Comment

Lost it at some of the headlines there, Russia ties and pathetic tony blair.

This guy is making things far more interesting than the usual though. I never heard of one thing Milliband said, don't even know what he looks like.

EDIT: The Times reliably informs us that Jeremy Corbyn rides a "Chairman Mao-style bicycle." Also known as a "bicycle"

Comment

That was Nancy!
                                            I know but I'm sure it influenced him a bit

Comment

I would imagine if a programme for back to work is successful then more people will sign up for it. If it is a shit programme than nobody will bother.

I would say Springboard and back to education schemes are just as full as they ever were tbh which is great. I would love to know how many companies grew and did well that were set up under the scheme whereby you could set up your business and claim the dole until it became profitable. Definitely the most obvious way to go in terms of letting people take a shot.

Comment

Loved this (although russian opposition party isn't realistic )

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 16-09-15, 14:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                  Loved this (although russian opposition party isn't realistic )

That is a fairly Batshit tweet from Camerons social media team in fairness

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                    Ffs turned up ten mins early for interview. Someone else is being interviewed. I was under the impression it was just me. I can hear everything out side door on seat had to walk away as I'd rather not hear the questions. I'm. Fucking nervous now and never am.
                                                    I would have been happy to hear some of the questions so I could get my thoughts together for answering when it was my turn. I do think it was positive that they brought in the area manager. Sometimes even when they have someone earmarked for a position they like to be seen interviewing others.

Good luck, I'm sure your record with them will speak for itself

Comment

Would love to on welfare in the uk. Posts like this I saw today on the unitedkingdom subreddit as people were dodging questions about the rise in need of food banks:

I'm 42, worked since I was 15. Was made redundant in July, I've had 300 pounds from Universal Credit since I was let go.
                                                      I've had no money whatsoever for 3 weeks now, I have visited a food bank, the should call them snack banks, no meat, or veg is given.
                                                      I got milk, a tiny box of cereal, some loose pasta in a bag, porridge and some tea cakes.
                                                      I'm fucking hungry all the time, having to walk 4 miles a day into town to go online to work search or face benefit sanctions.
                                                      I served in the military, I want to work, jobs aren't as easy to come by a people claim. Is this my future now?
                                                      I'm borderline depressed, cold as I can't heat my flat, I have a dog I'm struggling to feed, though he will never go hungry on my watch.
                                                      I don't like needing help but I do need it, the government are not doing enough to help and support people in my position.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                        I would have been happy to hear some of the questions so I could get my thoughts together for answering when it was my turn. I do think it was positive that they brought in the area manager. Sometimes even when they have someone earmarked for a position they like to be seen interviewing others.

Good luck, I'm sure your record with them will speak for itself
                                                        All done and dusted

Michelle What motivates you?

My face says I

Both heads look up very very puzzled ,

Intro into Fillers , Lips , Botox and the price of it!! I need to sell lots of sky to keep it this way. Both nearly fell off the chair laughing. She said she wouldnt mind getting the forehead done I said I could point her in the right direction lol

Was a good laugh I prob went overboard as usual . I enjoy interviews though usually. was just my usual normal self.

Her final words were , That I was a breath of fresh air . I either badly fucked up or I have it .Ill keep ye posted
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                          Seven heaven as Irish restaurants get a taste of Michelin guide success

http://www.businesspost.ie/#!story/H...f-a57114069662
                                                          Will have to go to Loam in Galway.

Place is always empty whenever I look in though as location is not great.

Comment

Interesting afternoon with the fella. Blasting drives 300+ yards with ease and putting impossible bunker shots to 18 inches from the hole.
                                                            Really is a class act and so down to earth. I need to learn how to pose for photos better.

Last edited by Guest; 16-09-15, 15:06.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                              Interesting afternoon with the fella. Blasting drives 300+ yards with ease and putting impossible bunker shots to 18 inches from the hole.
                                                              Really is a class act and so down to earth. I need to learn how to pose for photos better.

Edit: Attachment doesn't work

That's pretty deadly tbh. How did you get to play with him?
                                                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                  That's pretty deadly tbh. How did you get to play with him?
                                                                  I wasn't actually playing a round with him. It was a clinic at my club for members. Wednesday afternoon meant there weren't too many there so he was just showing off in the practice area, answering questions, giving his thoughts about us mere mortals etc.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 16-09-15, 15:24.
                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      In terms of welfare programmes - I think the big one that needs shaking up is disability. Its really rather straightforward to claim a disability - depression, for example - and then you don't even need to be pretending to search for work.

Fully stand to be corrected on the above though, but have heard a few anecdotes of what people are on life disability for, and some of it seems highly dodgy. As in, disabilities that might reasonably disqualify you from flying a plane, but don't seem like they should disqualify you from ever having to do any work.

Its not a desire to take money away from these people that pisses me off, more that theres a finite some of welfare money, and these fckers are taking from things that the money should be spent on - such as special needs assistants in schools, carers allowance.
                                                                      There is an amazingly high concentration of disability in the Traveller community.

Comment

Note : Not making a claim as to what we can and can't infer out from this before AJ jumps on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                          Will have to go to Loam in Galway.

Place is always empty whenever I look in though as location is not great.
                                                                          Yeah I booked Delahunt for lunch on Saturday so will be interested to see what a bib gourmant is worth!

Comment

Just bought all my gear for my Ice Hockey season, its pretty damn expensive.

Cannot wait to get started though. Complete beginner (obv) and have skated probably twice in my life.
                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

One dodgy batch of heroin.....
                                                                              Were you always a cunt and if not, what led you to you becoming one?
                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                Were you always a cunt and if not, what led you to you becoming one?
                                                                                I'd say I was always one tbf

Comment

lol
                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Cannot wait to get started though. Complete beginner (obv) and have skated probably twice in my life.

Probably a good thing that the Canadian health system is so good. Don't all Canadians start playing before they can walk?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      Corbyn very weak at PMQ

Fair play to him trying to change it up but it's tough to take him seriously in his ill-fitting suit bringing in the questions from listeners Claire and Alex like he's Joe Duffy.

Last edited by Denny Crane; 16-09-15, 16:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

You're too soft for ice hockey.

This face belongs to Terry Sawchuk, a 36-year-old goalie for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Re-created here, by a professional make-up artist and a doctor, are some of the more than 400 stitches he had e…

Comment

I'd say I was always one tbf
                                                                                          Can confirm.

We're all cunce really.

Comment

My sister has also been to every Kerry game this year and didn't bink a ticket in the club draw. Says nothing to anybody. Goes off and does her own thing and now has a hill ticket. Feckin resourceful young wan she is.

Just goes to show tickets are becoming available so keep an eye out horatio Kayroo etc.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

[x] trying to figure out which one is the professional sportsman

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                My sister has also been to every Kerry game this year and didn't bink a ticket in the club draw. Says nothing to anybody. Goes off and does her own thing and now has a hill ticket. Feckin resourceful young wan she is.

Just goes to show tickets are becoming available so keep an eye out horatio Kayroo etc.
                                                                                                Are you coming up on Saturday? Everyone knows live sports are better when you're hungover as fuck.
                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Oh thank fuck I wasn't the only one!
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                    Oh thank fuck I wasn't the only one!
                                                                                                    It was the lack of red shirt that threw me off

Comment

Just hand 'em a karaoke mike and you'll know soon enough

Comment

The problem of homelessness is a much greater societal issue than just putting people in houses. With the Syrian refugee issue however, putting all of them in houses would go a long to easing their problems it seems. I just don't think the two are similar enough to be comparing in the manner that people are, Irish homelessenss and Syrian refugees aren't simply a case of either or.
                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          Hmm, seems you can change the flights for a few, not get them refunded. Looks like €30 per flight: https://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and...s-tableoffees/ so you'd need to know the alternative flights you want. Has to be changed to the same named flyer too.
                                                                                                          The flights to London are only like €40 return so the cost of changing the route is actually just as expensive. Gonna try get someone to take flights for me and change the name on the ticket (if any of you know anyone that might be interested...).
                                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                            Are you coming up on Saturday? Everyone knows live sports are better when you're hungover as fuck.
                                                                                                            No. Brother working til 11 Saturday night. Will be at IPO so you can buy me a celebratory drink then 👍

Comment

It's the guy you see behind the two in the front you can just spot the head

Comment

See the Greenhouse got a Michelin Star. Well deserved.
                                                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

There is an amazingly high concentration of disability in the Traveller community.
                                                                                                                  Inbred shur

Have I told anyone about my final solution plans before?

Comment

Christ,the set design for TV3s RWC coverage is absolutely rancid. Guess I'll watch the few games I'll be bandwagonning on the BBC, painful as that will be

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                      The flights to London are only like €40 return so the cost of changing the route is actually just as expensive. Gonna try get someone to take flights for me and change the name on the ticket (if any of you know anyone that might be interested...).
                                                                                                                      The fee to change name on a Ryanair flight used to be 100 per flight. It might have come down recently, but look into that as well.

Comment

Always seemed like it was due alright.

Comment

Thornton's lost his star. Dafuq? Was there just a couple of months ago and it was great.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X