This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iSnow
    Attired himself appropriately in the standard blazer, white shirt and jeans with brown shoes. This seemed to be the chosen regalia for quite a few attendees which gave me a chuckle.
    That was bizarre, far too many people dressed like they were going to a board meeting

Originally posted by iSnow
    What size blazer do you wear?
    I was jeans, t-shirt, hoodie and vans. Wear a suit and tie all week so when weekends come, I can pass for a homeless person most of the time

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
    LOL this is a pic of my 20 yr school reunion taken in 2009. I obv aged well after all my drug taking in the 90s
    Jaysus, a few of them look old enough to have been your teacher

Comment

Free the 23
      Je suis Paul

Anti Austerity Alliance TD Paul Murphy – and other Jobstown protesters who have been served with summonses last night and this morning – hold a press conference at the West Side Boxing …

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Just get one of the freebie flags handed out before the game and be loud. Very loud.
        Plastic fans.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        35k prefabs that can be built ina few days for the homeless, first look:
        These are the prefab homes that Dublin's four local authorities are banking on to solve the homeless crisis, which racked up €4.5m in hotel costs alone for the first six months of this year.

Where's my free hotel room? Or prefab, all over that shit, where do I sign up.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Reddit asks: what was the biggest transformation of someone when you went back to the 10-year school reunion? Some interesting stories there. Can only remember one person who was in my school, despite the year being about six classes big; so didn't return for the reunion as a result. They seem like awfully awkward things.
        I think going to other people's and acting the complete cunt would be top lolev, join in all the banter about 'do you remember x teacher, and when y happened' while getting mental drunk.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          This is what happens when robots put people out of a job

Comment

Guts starting to churn now. Fuck it, did well getting nearly to midweek.

Comment

If there was a 10 year one at my school i wasn't invited, they are all pretty thick anyhow

Decided to be a dick to aer lingus over email to get some my back when they weren't budging, cheque for 150 arrived today, kinda pathetic that you have to be a wanker to get anything done sometimes.
              Or else nag like my mother, normal rules don't seem to apply to her in any way, are older people just that good at haggling and hounding? I mean this woman walked into a schuh and convinced them to give her over one hundred euro because she claimed she was overcharged over a year ago, she does stuff like get dental work for her children done for free that should cost thousands, extended my medical card without asking me (I am not entitled to have one), 1-2 year wait for a consultant? nah you are seeing the head of the department in 2 days. Old people powers man. Whenever we can't get something done its like sending in the fecking navy seals when we unleash our mother.
              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 15-09-15, 13:40.

Comment

Are 10 year reunions a thing in Ireland? Didn't think they were, wouldn't want to go anyway and I'd imagine I'm in the majority

Comment

LOL this is a pic of my 20 yr school reunion taken in 2009. I obv aged well after all my drug taking in the 90s

You all look so fucking happy!

Some look like they should be at 20yr reunion. Not sure if I will be able to dig up pictures of our 10 and 20. I was pregnant with Lucie at 10yr and Aimee was under a year at my 20th!

Comment

Avoiding people you used to go to school with is a vital skill to have in rural Ireland, way more easily done in abig city.why would you subject yourself to being stuck in a room full of them
                    Last edited by Guest; 15-09-15, 13:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                      Where's my free hotel room? Or prefab, all over that shit, where do I sign up.
                      #homeforriggers starts here.
                      Hopefully we get some heavies to support us
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                        Avoiding people you used to go to school with is a vital skill to have in rural Ireland, way more easily done in abig city.why would you subject yourself to being stuck in a room full of then
                        Why? I am still friends with loads I went to school with. No problems when I go back home for a visit to meet up with some of them. The ladies regularly meet for drinks.

Comment

90% of the people I went to school with can diagf.

Always enjoy when an old name happens to pop up on facebook and I get to confirm they followed the fat football drooler trajectory to completion.

Comment

I went back home in 2011, first time I had been back since I left in '04.
                            Went to the pub to watch united match on the Sunday and saw around 5 people from my class from when I was 4-17 and not one of them recognised me, the two behind the bar knew exactly who I was from playing darts in there Saturday nights. I was very happy with that outcome!

I'd go back for a night of darts before a reunion , I'd prob send riggs in my place for a reunion though.
                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                              That was bizarre, far too many people dressed like they were going to a board meeting
                              Notice a pattern?
                              1st, 2nd and 3rd in young Entrepreneur comp last year: http://www.ibye.ie/
                              SPOILER

If you wanna make it you just need a blazer and a white shirt open at the collar

Last edited by iSnow; 15-09-15, 14:11.

Comment

That they aren't young?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                  You all look so fucking happy!

Some look like they should be at 20yr reunion. Not sure if I will be able to dig up pictures of our 10 and 20. I was pregnant with Lucie at 10yr and Aimee was under a year at my 20th!
                                  They were all a shower of cnts tbf and they were all refined on the night and talking pure shite about their wonderful jobs and families, I ended up twisted as usual and made a show of myself apart from one other girl who was also fairly bad . Dunno why I went at all tbh as I didnt really get on with any of them at school let alone 20 yrs later lol

SPOILER
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

I'm glad I've never heard of those reunions being organised by the school I went to. 21 years and counting now.

Comment

Mad how many in the class turned out to be trannies. Another triumph for gender fluidity.
                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                        Guts starting to churn now. Fuck it, did well getting nearly to midweek.
                                        LOL. Awake at 6 yesterday morning running it through my head. I'm trying to fool myself that it's the occasion and getting there that counts. Like fuck it is

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          I'm glad I've never heard of those reunions being organised by the school I went to. 21 years and counting now.
                                          our school had one a few years back. I rang my mates and we agreed that we would probably all end up at the bar together spouting the same shite, so 5 or 6 of us just went to our local and saved the cost of the reunion ticket.

Comment

I went to my ten year a few years back and had a good night. Got drunk, scored and ended up at a fairly good party afterwards.

It was just like being in school except instead of cans of Dutch the guys who threw the party in a wine importer so it all ended up very hazy and I imagine expensive for him.

Probably a much better laugh because I went to a mixed school tho. Pretty gay going to a reunion at an all boys school.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                              LOL. Awake at 6 yesterday morning running it through my head. I'm trying to fool myself that it's the occasion and getting there that counts. Like fuck it is
                                              We're going to park the bus I'd say. Let them kick it out to Jonny Cooper.

Comment

We're going to park the bus I'd say. Let them kick it out to Jonny Cooper.
                                                I would say I am in the minority of people born outside the Pale when I say that I hope Dublin beat you.

They are a better side and it is crazy how little they have won despite having such a great set of players.

Kerry, you guys always over perform which is indeed to be commended. If you are planning on parking the bus and making a shitty game of it, I especially hope you loose. Even if it is the right tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                  I would say I am in the minority of people born outside the Pale when I say that I hope Dublin beat you.

They are a better side and it is crazy how little they have won despite having such a great set of players.

Kerry, you guys always over perform which is indeed to be commended. If you are planning on parking the bus and making a shitty game of it, I especially hope you loose. Even if it is the right tactic.
                                                  I prefer when no one wants us to win. No point winning if you can't sicken everyone with it.

Comment

I prefer when no one wants us to win. No point winning if you can't sicken everyone with it.
                                                    I will put the application in to have your county moto changed to "The Killkenny of Football"

Comment

Be class if both could lose tbf

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                        I will put the application in to have your county moto changed to "The Killkenny of Football"
                                                        Nothing wrong with that. In my opinion if you're from Kerry you have to like Kilkenny. Even though most of the country also hate Kilkenny. It's an opinion that sometimes divides opinion among my friends but meh.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                          Be class if both could lose tbf
                                                          Called a draw m8

Comment

Got a few pics of our 20 year reunion. Got to say that, in my opinion most look a good bit younger than in Michelle's pic! She looks like she was at the wrong class reunion. They look 10 years older than her lol.

Comment

Niall horans aul lad in the first photo
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                Nothing wrong with that. In my opinion if you're from Kerry you have to like Kilkenny. Even though most of the country also hate Kilkenny. It's an opinion that sometimes divides opinion among my friends but meh.
                                                                Yup it is pure Irish begrudgery. Killkenny are awesome and deserving winners every year they take it.

Comment

According to the IPB calendar on the home page we should all be saying happy birthday to Mrs Flushy.

Happy birthday Gill. You get anything nice for your 25th birthday today?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                    According to the IPB calendar on the home page we should all be saying happy birthday to Mrs Flushy.

Happy birthday Gill. You get anything nice for your 25th birthday today?
                                                                    Cheers Dom

Got spoiled rotten today. No cooking for any course! Taken out for breakfast/lunch and dinner. Kids did the housework and got some amazing presents.

One very happy 25 year old Mrs Flushy

Comment

Question for the BBV :

Myself and my mates here in Calgary are in a NFL Fantasy league - $20 in and top 3 gets prizes. The last place player was supposed to do a forfeit - which HADN'T been decided when everyone signed up.

Initially it was suggest that if you lose you get a football tattoo'd on your arse OR shave your head. I thought these were too aggressive so I suggested an alternative.

Ctv which is the local TV station here has a studio downtown and they film the morning show with a window as a backdrop.

I suggested that the loser dress up in a full clown costume with sad clown face makeup and slowly walk into camera shot outside the window holding a sign professing how bad he was at Fantasy Football and his head droopy, while the rest of us watch it from work/home/someones house. Obv record it for lifetimelols.

Now one of the lads is getting huffy saying he didn't sign up for this and is "absolutely not doing it". Has said he isnt being a bad sport and is just speaking for the silent. The rest who said anything were all for it and thought it hilarious.

My question is : Do I need to cut that friend?

In seriousness though, is it over the top? I am struggling in a major way to see what anyone WOULDN'T want to do it but am wondering since it wasn't agreed when everyone signed up (even though some sort of forfeit was) does he have a point?
                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Was the same guy on for the tattoo but not on for the clown?
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                          Was the same guy on for the tattoo but not on for the clown?
                                                                          Nah against both.
                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                            Nah against both.
                                                                            He sounds dull. The clown is a great one tbf. Have a vote to have him booted from the leagur
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Is your m8 the easily embarrassed shy type? Lacks confidence?

It's also possible he's terrified of clowns which would be hilarious.

Comment

Question for the BBV :

Myself and my mates here in Calgary are in a NFL Fantasy league - $20 in and top 3 gets prizes. The last place player was supposed to do a forfeit - which HADN'T been decided when everyone signed up.

Initially it was suggest that if you lose you get a football tattoo'd on your arse OR shave your head. I thought these were too aggressive so I suggested an alternative.

Ctv which is the local TV station here has a studio downtown and they film the morning show with a window as a backdrop.

I suggested that the loser dress up in a full clown costume with sad clown face makeup and slowly walk into camera shot outside the window holding a sign professing how bad he was at Fantasy Football and his head droopy, while the rest of us watch it from work/home/someones house. Obv record it for lifetimelols.

Now one of the lads is getting huffy saying he didn't sign up for this and is "absolutely not doing it". Has said he isnt being a bad sport and is just speaking for the silent. The rest who said anything were all for it and thought it hilarious.

In seriousness though, is it over the top? I am struggling in a major way to see what anyone WOULDN'T want to do it but am wondering since it wasn't agreed when everyone signed up (even though some sort of forfeit was) does he have a point?
                                                                                I think it is a great laugh! Tell him to GTFO, who needs his sort of negativity in their life?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                  Is your m8 the easily embarrassed shy type? Lacks confidence?

It's also possible he's terrified of clowns which would be hilarious.
                                                                                  He is. He fronts up but he would be pretty insecure behind it all. Never ever leaves his comfort zone. I don't mind changing it tbh. Best not be a cunt.

hahaa, oh man. That would be brilliant, but also, more of a reason to change it.

Comment

I'd cut him some slack if he's that type despite the forfeit being 10/10!

Comment

Question for the BBV :

Tell him to choose a forfeit, rest of the group have to agree though or else he goes again. 3 strikes and it's sad clown on TV.

The shaved head seems reasonable, the tattoo a bit much but the clown one seems perfect to me!

Comment

Clown>>Tattoo on arse>>>>>>>Shaved head imo.

Comment

Obviously a forfeit is outside someone's comfort zone. If he's uncomfortable he should make sure he doesn't lose
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                            City centre Sunday lunch - fancier the better? suggestions?
                                                                                            Fire on Dawson Street? Food can be hit or miss but the setting has that sense of fancy/occasion. I had an excellent meal there recently. Previous visit wasn't fantastic but it was a very busy Saturday night.

Sunday Menu

Marcel's on Merrion Row? Could find fancier though.

Comment

Poor Luke Shaw gone for 12 months+

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                City centre Sunday lunch - fancier the better? suggestions?
                                                                                                Sunday lunch shouldn't really be fancy IMO.
                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Its amazing how many people are terrified by clowns

Comment

Ugh, spoiler that shit It was on TV in the background and it didn't look that bad.
                                                                                                    Should it not have been a penalty?

Comment

Gomez is 20/1 to make Englands Euros squad with PP. Got to be value now with Shaws injury.

Comment

Boom Memphis.

Comment

...
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            Ugh, spoiler that shit It was on TV in the background and it didn't look that bad.
                                                                                                            Should it not have been a penalty?
                                                                                                            Gif of the tackle below. Spoilered although its quite hard to see exactly how it happened?

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                              Gif of the tackle below. Spoilered although its quite hard to see exactly how it happened?

SPOILER
                                                                                                              Looks like he tackles, misses the ball and follows through with his left leg to take Shaw out. Obviously Shaw is standing on his right cos he's kicking the ball with his left so his right foot is planted and gets fucked up. Happens all the time but ended up getting his leg broken this time. That's pretty sick. How was that not a penalty?

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                Gomez is 20/1 to make Englands Euros squad with PP. Got to be value now with Shaws injury.
                                                                                                                Good shout though he'll surely be found out at some stage during the season playing out of position.

Baines at 8/15 is a big rick imo, he is absolutely nailed on if fit.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                  4s now Gret shout though!

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                                    Good shout though he'll surely be found out at some stage during the season playing out of position.

Baines at 8/15 is a big rick imo, he is absolutely nailed on if fit.
                                                                                                                    Any idea when team is announced and when he is back from injury? 8/15 looks huge
                                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                                      4s now Gret shout though!
                                                                                                                      still 12's on betvictor
                                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I see PP have that offer for Rugby world cup. Bet 25 on top try scorer and get free 5 bet for every try they score. Thoughts on what would be a decent shout for an interest bet. Know fuck all about rugby.

Comment

I left school in '96 so I'm roughly a year younger now than the people in your photo. I really hope life can't beat me up that much in the year!
                                                                                                                          Tbh though from what I have seen of my schoolmates it seems that the ones that look older and more fuddy duddy like are the ones that married the first cunt that rode them.
                                                                                                                          I haven't heard anything about one for our class yet which would be due next year. Don't think I would bother attending anyhow as anyone I have any interest in seeing,I would see from time to time anyhow.

To sum up, it seems to me that plenty of drunk, drugs and casual sex seems to keep one more youthful.

edit;I mean in the case of 1,2,3,5 not you.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Cuchulainn1; 15-09-15, 20:32.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X