• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goin with John Wick
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
      Was there supposed to be sound? I am a pastry chef so like to think that the sort of creativity that is expected in that job would not be as unique and interesting than what a program cam put out.
      Baker and flour confectioner. 89%.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

First big company to go 4 day week? Google prob, for bants.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
          First big company to go 4 day week? Google prob, for bants.
          You're not far off. I did a poxy start-up workshop in Google and the lads told me they can take a day off for bants if they meet their KPIs. Mad setup with sleeping pods, great canteen and a swimming pool.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
            Goin with John Wick
            Terrible. Turned it off
            airport, lol

Comment

My first rugby match upcoming, Italy RWC match in Stratford.
              Is basic Aldi gear like the below OK, or would we stand out like cheap uncouth bastards if we didn't have a proper jersey? The 2015 logo kinda limits this stuffs long term use though unlikely I'd get much use out of a real jersey anyway. Other alternative is my irish soccer team jersey.

P.S. Is the spec of the 40'' 4K UltraHD TV for €400 good?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                Is basic Aldi gear like the below OK, or would we stand out like cheap uncouth bastards if we didn't have a proper jersey? The 2015 logo kinda limits this stuffs long term use though unlikely I'd get much use out of a real jersey anyway. Other alternative is my irish soccer team jersey.

I go to lots of matches and just wear regular clothes. Soccer jersey probably most likely to get you stick I would say. Standing out as a band wagoner and someone will be all over it in wedged bar.
                Hopefully a decent match for you

Comment

Can't go wrong with the hoody surely?

Leave the soccer jersey at home imo.

Comment

Saw that TV getting ripped to shreds on a boards thread but then they were prob the type of people who think paying extra for Sky HD is money well spent.http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057492058/3

Jesus watching some guff on TV3 about the High kings recording a new version of Ireland's call. Imagine being out on a night out and seeing a bunch of cunts launching into a spontaneous rendition of Ireland's call.worse than a guitar wanker
                    Last edited by Guest; 14-09-15, 21:53.

Comment

Wear a Munster jersey. That's what all the real fans seem to do.

Comment

Terrible. Turned it off
                        John Wick is great craic as long as you don't mind the terrible acting.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                          Turned it on in the wrong mood maybe. Was looking for a good film with a good story, rather than a daft unrealistic action
                          airport, lol

Comment

Normal clothes, Ireland scarf if you want to blend in and be recognised as part of the crowd in bars etc.

Comment

And the terrible storyline.

Comment

I also had to turn off John Wick after someone actually recommended it to me, glad to see I'm not the only one!
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Saw the 1st episode of The Strain. Seems likeable enough, will give it a couple of more episodes.

Also cought the 1st 2 episodes of Z nation. Enjoyable enough as doesn't itself too seriously however some of the writing is really terrible.

SPOILER
                                  zombie baby in 1st episode was absolutely brilliant
                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

The more interesting question in the automation debate is what happens when we have mass unemployment through no fault of those people? Do the government have to pay a living wage? How would that work? Corporations are going to resist any attempts at them funding such a thing but ultimately it is the only way it works? What kind of s society would we have with so many people with so much free time?

Opr
                                    Same issue as the movement of manufacturing east. You either take the UK and follow on Irish answer of sticking the unemployed on faux work/education/community unemployment fudging schemes or fuck them in prison like in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                      That pic just shows you how stuff can appear on the internet that people will believe without question.

Everest is 8km above mean sea level and the deepest ocean is 10 km below mean sea level. The diameter of the earth at mean sea level is around 12,700 km.

Comparatively the earth is smoother than a snooker ball.
                                      Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                      This is all of the water on earth bunched up in ball compared with the earth. The smaller blue ball is fresh water.

Class m8 ty.

Does either of the balls of water include ice? First time something has seemed small to me on the grand scale.

Comment

Wahey.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                          Saw the 1st episode of The Strain. Seems likeable enough, will give it a couple of more episodes.

Also cought the 1st 2 episodes of Z nation. Enjoyable enough as doesn't itself too seriously however some of the writing is really terrible.

SPOILER
                                          zombie baby in 1st episode was absolutely brilliant
                                          The Strain is watchable but that's about it feels a bit hamy in place's as for Z Nation is got really bad as it went a long and you're probably better off binning it and starting on something more interesting.
                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Eagles Falcons is some game. God I love the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                              Eagles Falcons is some game. God I love the NFL.
                                              Julio Jones is too good
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Julio Jones is too good
                                                *thumbs up* Uncoverable. Hope he stays healthy this year.

Comment

Big drive here though, Julio might need to do it again.
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Too predictable there from Falcons. Would've loved a pass to the sideline on second or third down. All set up for the Eagles to run the two minute drill and win by a FG.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                      Too predictable there from Falcons. Would've loved a pass to the sideline on second or third down. All set up for the Eagles to run the two minute drill and win by a FG.
                                                      BBV curse alive and well

Comment

Have the Matty ice Julio combo in a fantasy league. Woukd have liked another drive from them. 5 points ahead now with my opponent having vikings defence.
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

3 for 3 this week in Fantasy. Got lucky in the league from here tbh.

Have Murray in a league, actually a little encouraged after tonight. Wasnt happy with that pick at all before.
                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Sorted
                                                            Ty
                                                            Last edited by TheWitchDoctor; 15-09-15, 06:45.
                                                            If it wasn't for variance i'd lose em all.

http://twitter.com/#!/NiallSmythers

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                              Was there supposed to be sound? I am a pastry chef so like to think that the sort of creativity that is expected in that job would not be as unique and interesting than what a program cam put out.
                                                              3D printed food already exists. Desserts lends itself to 3d printer much more readily than other areas of a sector. It's not inconceivable in the future a robot exists that could create desserts or rather elements of desserts at the touch of a button.

Examples of 3D printer food
                                                              SPOILER

SPOILER

Does that eliminate every pastry chef in the world, no, of course not. But it means that some will no longer be required. The 37% could be how many job are be automated out.

Also, I think its shortsighted to think people won't eat in a place where "robots make the food". It won't be androids in the kitchen cooking, it'll much more subtle. Automation has been happening for a 100 years. Mixers, food processors, blenders, etc are basic appliances that automated the tasks that a person had to do by hand in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                Class m8 ty.

Does either of the balls of water include ice? First time something has seemed small to me on the grand scale.
                                                                Yeah that's all the water on earth, be it ice, liquid or steam.

Comment

Z Nation is actually very enjoyable as well and batshit crazy. The acting and scripts are awful but seriously by the end of the season I was still loving it. Citizen Z is very annoying though.

Comment

Just get one of the freebie flags handed out before the game and be loud. Very loud.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      Just get one of the freebie flags handed out before the game and be loud. Very loud.
                                                                      And when criticising or commending a player, only use their first name.

"Ah for fuck's sake Jamie"!

"Gwan Dev"

"Unreal Robbie!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                        Baker and flour confectioner. 89%.
                                                                        Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                        3D printed food already exists. Desserts lends itself to 3d printer much more readily than other areas of a sector. It's not inconceivable in the future a robot exists that could create desserts or rather elements of desserts at the touch of a button.

Examples of 3D printer food
                                                                        SPOILER

SPOILER

Does that eliminate every pastry chef in the world, no, of course not. But it means that some will no longer be required. The 37% could be how many job are be automated out.

Also, I think its shortsighted to think people won't eat in a place where "robots make the food". It won't be androids in the kitchen cooking, it'll much more subtle. Automation has been happening for a 100 years. Mixers, food processors, blenders, etc are basic appliances that automated the tasks that a person had to do by hand in the past.
                                                                        It's ok Mellor. I am a bit more safe. Just those regular Joe's

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                            This is the bit that people don't really get... we are already there. It is not that we are not using Robots or AI its just that it is not sufficiently visible for most to realise ir.

In South Africa there is no such thing as a traffic light, they are called Robots and why not because that is exactly what they are.

An ATM Automated Teller Machine is a great example of an artificially intelligent robot that people have been interacting with daily for the last 40 years. It is a normal PC wired up to dozens of individual external pieces hardware that stand in to perform a set of functions previously performed by a 'Teller'. Bank Tellers haven't gone away they just do more productive and profitable jobs than standing behind a counter handing out cash.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

First they came for the whisk-ers now they come for the pureéists, what next the foam-ers?
                                                                              Will be sad to see these things be automated
                                                                              Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

As for what people will do in the future, it will benefit the human race a lot to not be part of the rat race and have time for other exploits imo (as well as different jobs being available)

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                This is the bit that people don't really get... we are already there. It is not that we are not using Robots or AI its just that it is not sufficiently visible for most to realise ir.

In South Africa there is no such thing as a traffic light, they are called Robots and why not because that is exactly what they are.

An ATM Automated Teller Machine is a great example of an artificially intelligent robot that people have been interacting with daily for the last 40 years. It is a normal PC wired up to dozens of individual external pieces hardware that stand in to perform a set of functions previously performed by a 'Teller'. Bank Tellers haven't gone away they just do more productive and profitable jobs than standing behind a counter handing out cash.
                                                                                Yeah I don't get the concern, everything will cost a fraction of what it does now and whole sectors of employment will be created that we can't think of now, just like at every step of mechanisation before.

No one would advocate replacing JCBs with guys with spades and shovels to 'protect the economy' so why worry about further automation.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                  Yeah I don't get the concern, everything will cost a fraction of what it does now and whole sectors of employment will be created that we can't think of now, just like at every step of mechanisation before.

No one would advocate replacing JCBs with guys with spades and shovels to 'protect the economy' so why worry about further automation.
                                                                                  i for one, welcome our automated overlords. Hate fucking working anyway!

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                      Pilots are a quick example. Continue the automation of aircraft such that only one pilot is needed in cockpit vs the current requirement of two. That'll almost certainly be done within 20 years (long distance flights notwithstanding) and means each future pilot is doing the work of two pilots today. 50% replacement by automation.
                                                                                      bad example imo. planes already fly themselves for the most part. Pilots are pretty much there for safety reasons. you would always have 2 pilots though, essentially covering each others position.

Comment

They already dont need two pilots, I imagine one pilot will be told to keep an eye on the other a lot more now after recent incidents.

Comment

35k prefabs that can be built ina few days for the homeless, first look:
                                                                                          These are the prefab homes that Dublin's four local authorities are banking on to solve the homeless crisis, which racked up €4.5m in hotel costs alone for the first six months of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                            35k prefabs that can be built ina few days for the homeless, first look:
                                                                                            These are the prefab homes that Dublin's four local authorities are banking on to solve the homeless crisis, which racked up €4.5m in hotel costs alone for the first six months of this year.

Having a hard time visualising some of the feral druggies around town clinking their wine glasses together around that dining table.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                              And when criticising or commending a player, only use their first name.

"Ah for fuck's sake Jamie"!

"Gwan Dev"

"Unreal Robbie!"
                                                                                              I find that first name is great for a skill full piece of play but for a real physical hit the surname is a better choice.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                i for one, welcome our automated overlords. Hate fucking working anyway!
                                                                                                That survey came in very handy in a meeting with a bunch of IT gimps earlier. Moaning about training so I cited the survey and said there was a >50% chance of their jobs being automated within five years (made up but hey). They all looked sad and unhealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                  That survey came in very handy in a meeting with a bunch of IT gimps earlier. Moaning about training so I cited the survey and said there was a >50% chance of their jobs being automated within five years (made up but hey). They all looked sad and unhealthy.
                                                                                                  Dont tell the IT guys. They need to build the automation tools to put themselves out of work.

Comment

...

Comment

I know nothing about cricket. But I see england named their squads for whatever games are coming up.

What's the difference between the test squad and the odi squad and why does Morgan never make the test squad?

Comment

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
                                                                                                        I know nothing about cricket. But I see england named their squads for whatever games are coming up.

What's the difference between the test squad and the odi squad and why does Morgan never make the test squad?
                                                                                                        He is seen as a quick scoring shotmaker which is perfect for the one day game where the team needs to maximise its scoring in just 50 overs.

However for test cricket (the 5 day game) you will often need to be able to defend your wicket for hours whilst only scoring ~10, and he struggles in this facet of the game.
                                                                                                        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 15-09-15, 11:45.

Comment

ah no, but thats the point - future tech won't allow pilots to override systems like with the Germanwings dude, i'd imagine, unless there's some sort of ground clearance.
                                                                                                          That wasn't my point. the second pilot is there as a backup (not a fail safe), in case the first pilot falls ill/dies/etc.

I doubt Airline companies would not take those kinds of risks (regardless of how feasible it is from an automation perspective), to be seen cutting costs by removing pilots ,
                                                                                                          until we get to a stage where flying is a risk free mode of transport.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

He is seen as a quick scoring shotmaker which is perfect for the one day game where the team needs to maximise its scoring in just 50 overs.

However for test cricket (the 5 day game) you will often need to be able to defend your wicket for hours whilst only scoring ~10, and he struggles in this facet of the game.
                                                                                                                Cheers AJ

Comment

Reddit asks: what was the biggest transformation of someone when you went back to the 10-year school reunion? Some interesting stories there. Can only remember one person who was in my school, despite the year being about six classes big; so didn't return for the reunion as a result. They seem like awfully awkward things.
                                                                                                                  LOL this is a pic of my 20 yr school reunion taken in 2009. I obv aged well after all my drug taking in the 90s

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Reddit asks: what was the biggest transformation of someone when you went back to the 10-year school reunion? Some interesting stories there. Can only remember one person who was in my school, despite the year being about six classes big; so didn't return for the reunion as a result. They seem like awfully awkward things.
                                                                                                                    I liked workingtimeaccount's post
                                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                      LOL this is a pic of my 20 yr school reunion taken in 2009. I obv aged well after all my drug taking in the 90s

Botox and filler doing a solid job covering up the effects of all the alcohol and drugs

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

5, 2, 3, 1, 4.

Comment

He's also too old

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X