X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    Go on then, spill it
    ...2/3 through a 10th date at the laughter lounge and she ended it...Made the last comedian work for my happiness... Women, great for MT sanity...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
      ...2/3 through a 10th date at the laughter lounge and she ended it...Made the last comedian work for my happiness... Women, great for MT sanity...
      If she hadn't the basic manners to wait till the end at least, she was probably a cunt, you're better off. Fuck her. Or don't in this case.
      airport, lol

Comment

and you didn't go to coppers or hit up tinder?
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Ah sure m8, better to happen now than way down the line when you think ya love the girl and she was too much of a pansy to say it wasn't mutual. Sure at least you got us ipb lads!

In saying that though, fuck her, what a bitch. Run her down with a bicycle and piss in her hair.
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Oh ya at least egg her gaff man. Lessons need to be taught
            airport, lol

Comment

Only throw 2/3rd's of the carton though obviously.
              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...I can feel the love tonight...ah it's been a car crash kinda 13 months...didn't even sleep with her after 10 dates of effort...must say she loved the last act didn't stop laughing...on to the next set of girls...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  ah, I could see myself doing that (on a good day, maybe 3 times out of 10 )

whereas this, I wouldn't even have moved

made even better by the way he runs into the short leg afterwards and knocks him over
                  That one's pure instinct. I've seen and done better and/or equivalent catches in the Phoenix of a Sunday afternoon. Me old man was particularly good at taking spectacular catches in the slips well into his 60's. One of those things you're born with and can't teach. Must be great to watch if you haven't got it.

First one is pure skill. Every bone in his body is placed exactly where it needs to be for several seconds to get the man out. Much more impressive IMO.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

/brohugs
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                      /brohugs
                      ...Thank you 😘😘😘...

Comment

headsetgate... The new story out of NFL. This follows two other disputes affecting the patriots "Deflategate" and "Spygate".

I really wish Americans stop attaching gates to anything vaguely scandalous. Getting very irritating and totally devalue the original gate.
                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                          anybody going to Leopardstown or the Curragh over the weekend and in need of a ticket?
                          Tell us about Hastings you fanboy gimp.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                            headsetgate... The new story out of NFL. This follows two other disputes affecting the patriots "Deflategate" and "Spygate".

I really wish Americans stop attaching gates to anything vaguely scandalous. Getting very irritating and totally devalue the original gate.
                            ...in a case the media have dubbed "Beat-Up Waiter." This reporter suggested "Waitergate", but was howled down at the press club.

The only good one which I presume was used? Pat Kenny's gategate
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Where is my mind?

Comment

I am secretary of local fishing club and sometimes it pisses me right off when members dont show support after I struggle to get sponsors. Posted a drunken rant on our private FB page. Dont want to offend either. Did I get balance right?

Just want to say sorry about the reschedule of xxxxxxx Cup. It wasnt taken lightly. I spoke with manager of xxxxxx a couple weeks ago and said numbers would be between 10-20 ppl attending.Last evening (Fri) 5pm I was rung by xxxxxx asking about choice of free food ( chicken wings/sausage rolls/ cocktail sausages/ sandwiches/tea/coffee) and some confirmation of numbers so food could be orginised. Also to confirm timings of private bar/barman as requested 7.30pm to 10.30pm. I asked them if it was OK to give numbers etc at 10pm Friday night as I had to wait on members booking in. This was agreed. By 9.30pm I had 8 members booked in to fish and not all of them were attending weigh in. I am sorry but I will not embarass myself or the club and turn up at xxxxxx with max of 7 members but likely 4-6 members and have them provide food and bar staff and likely as per usual take a couple drinks and leave after food and presentation. I rang them just before 10pm and cancelled citing Health and Safety for boat users on Lough with up to 40mph gusts required the cancellation. I didnt tell them we didnt have the support of members. I decided we are to fish this competition Sunday instead. I did this as its too late to arrange another date and weather is OK on Sunday but wont be held in xxxxxx at such short notice . As 6 of the 8 ppl booked in were from 'this neck of the woods' I will be having weigh in at xxxxxxxxx. If majority had been from EKN end it would have been the xxxxxxxx Bar. As expected some were happy and others not so. Thats the way it is. So to summarise xxxxxxxx Cup now will be Sunday 13th Sept with weigh in xxxxxx 8pm. Booking in as per normal. I understand that weather and Lough fishing bad had a major effect on numbers. If you want to discuss this with me further I will be in xxxxxxx 8pm Sunday for weigh in.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                    I am secretary of local fishing club and sometimes it pisses me right off when members dont show support after I struggle to get sponsors. Posted a drunken rant on our private FB page. Dont want to offend either. Did I get balance right?

Just want to say sorry about the reschedule of xxxxxxx Cup. It wasnt taken lightly. I spoke with manager of xxxxxx a couple weeks ago and said numbers would be between 10-20 ppl attending.Last evening (Fri) 5pm I was rung by xxxxxx asking about choice of free food ( chicken wings/sausage rolls/ cocktail sausages/ sandwiches/tea/coffee) and some confirmation of numbers so food could be orginised. Also to confirm timings of private bar/barman as requested 7.30pm to 10.30pm. I asked them if it was OK to give numbers etc at 10pm Friday night as I had to wait on members booking in. This was agreed. By 9.30pm I had 8 members booked in to fish and not all of them were attending weigh in. I am sorry but I will not embarass myself or the club and turn up at xxxxxx with max of 7 members but likely 4-6 members and have them provide food and bar staff and likely as per usual take a couple drinks and leave after food and presentation. I rang them just before 10pm and cancelled citing Health and Safety for boat users on Lough with up to 40mph gusts required the cancellation. I didnt tell them we didnt have the support of members. I decided we are to fish this competition Sunday instead. I did this as its too late to arrange another date and weather is OK on Sunday but wont be held in xxxxxx at such short notice . As 6 of the 8 ppl booked in were from 'this neck of the woods' I will be having weigh in at xxxxxxxxx. If majority had been from EKN end it would have been the xxxxxxxx Bar. As expected some were happy and others not so. Thats the way it is. So to summarise xxxxxxxx Cup now will be Sunday 13th Sept with weigh in xxxxxx 8pm. Booking in as per normal. I understand that weather and Lough fishing bad had a major effect on numbers. If you want to discuss this with me further I will be in xxxxxxx 8pm Sunday for weigh in.
                                    Seems very reasonable to me. Guys who have never organised anything or put themselves out in their lives will whinge and moan behind your back Stan regardless but you did the right thing. Having these snipers bitching and moaning is the price we pay for trying to get things done. Fuck them and hold the head high.
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                      Tell us about Hastings you fanboy gimp.
                                      Lol. I'd say if you took him for a steak dinner he might tell you something but given the internet snipers looking to cost him his job or to try and tear him down he's hardly going to post anything online on the subject.

Would you in his situation CHD?

We thought we had a quiet little corner of the web here but we clearly don't so that has to be a censor of our comments. It's disappointing as I'd love to know the story behind it all. Despite being a good friend of GAB I haven't asked him for a single detail. I can read between the lines and I leave it at that. Id also love to post some career stuff that I have going on myself as it would give people a laugh but you just cant as this place is too widely read and things boomerang back on you.
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                        Lol. I'd say if you took him for a steak dinner he might tell you something but given the internet snipers looking to cost him his job or to try and tear him down he's hardly going to post anything online on the subject.

We thought we had a quiet little corner of the web here but we clearly don't so that has to be a censor of our comments. It's disappointing as I'd love to know the story behind it all. Despite being a good friend of GAB I haven't asked him for a single detail. I can read between the lines and I leave it at that. Id also love to post some career stuff that I have going on myself as it would give people a laugh but you just cant as this place is too widely read and things boomerang back on you.
                                        Lol V, does the kid have you awake this early?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                          Lol V, does the kid have you awake this early?
                                          She's coming home today so I woke at 7* to try and have the place right. I wake up to no electricity. So no heat, light or running water. Not exactly how I planned it!! Still going to be brilliant having them home with me.

* I generally wake at 8 at the weekends and 5.30 or 6 during the week. I wonder how that's going to fair in the future. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post

Which, is why, whenever organising anything, there is one Golden Rule:

Make 'em pay up front.

The only thing people hate more than having to make a commitment is feeling that they have paid money for something and are not getting value! You are 100% right and more diplomatic than I would have been.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

She's coming home today so I woke at 7* to try and have the place right. I wake up to no electricity. So no heat, light or running water. Not exactly how I planned it!! Still going to be brilliant having them home with me.

* I generally wake at 8 at the weekends and 5.30 or 6 during the week. I wonder how that's going to fair in the future. Lol.
                                              Advice: sleep when you can and abuse the fuck out of your spare room

poker is excellent training for baby zombie mind state though

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                In saying that though, fuck her, what a bitch. Run her down with a bicycle and piss in her hair.
                                                Punch female = Def not ok, may result in months of 'tag-reminder' type punishment.

Knock down and urinate female = Ah grand.

Comment

Advice: sleep when you can and abuse the fuck out of your spare room

poker is excellent training for baby zombie mind state though
                                                  Any advice for someone who generally needs at least 5 x 12 hour sleeps a week

@V4V, any insider tips for Holles St on stuff i mightn't know? You in the Merrion thingy?

Comment

Really is a magical moment when you are all home, and there is no one there to help you anymore looking after this little thing, that's when you realise you are completely clueless as to how to look after a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                      Punch female = Def not ok, may result in months of 'tag-reminder' type punishment.

Knock down and urinate female = Ah grand.
                                                      ^^^ this guy knows the deal
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

U ok hun? If she can't handle ya at ur worst she don't deserve u at ur best xoxo

Keep the head up anyway. Plenty more where she came from

Comment

A few twitter a/c's running comps for AI tickets below, for anyone on the hunt:

@DubGAAOfficial
                                                          @SuperValuIRL
                                                          @gaalover
                                                          @eircom_GAA

Let me know if you see any others .
                                                          Last edited by horatio1; 12-09-15, 10:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            Drink.

Comment

Drink.
                                                              I'll be bad enough without a hangover. This will be me 100%....

Comment

Never mind your modern day sportsmen. Read this:

The bit about stopping in a field and opening a cow's vein to drink its blood is great.

Comment

I'll be bad enough without a hangover. This will be me 100%....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1LI7ndOcGU
                                                                  x2

Ah 'tis great never to have to do that again.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post

@DubGAAOfficial
                                                                    @SuperValuIRL
                                                                    @gaalover
                                                                    @eircom_GAA

And for anyone not on the hunt. Enter the comps anyway and give the tickets to horatio. I'm sure he'd give you a little something for the trouble.

Follow the radio kerry facebook/twitter aswell horatio. They're giving away a pair every day.

Comment

Facebook pages running competitions. Usual shite. Like share and comment.

Kerry GAA
                                                                      Hogan Stand
                                                                      Avalanche Designs
                                                                      GAA Way of Life
                                                                      Brown's agri steel and builder providers Castleisland

That's all I've come across so far.

Comment

The one bit of of advice is give is if the baby is nursing hammer home the benefits and bonding between baby and mother. The amount of time it will save from sterilising bottles is huge. Baby won't sleep as long though.

Comment

Longshot, but a friend looking to swap 2 Football tickets for 2 RWC QF tickets...

Comment

Now cry Lloyd cry!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post

@DubGAAOfficial
                                                                              @SuperValuIRL
                                                                              @gaalover
                                                                              @eircom_GAA

I've no interest in going myself but I know the heartache of scrambling for tickets. I'll enter these later and pass them on to you if in the unlikely event that I scoop.

Comment

Marriage is an exercise in compromise.
                                                                                Pregnant marriage even more so.
                                                                                I'm currently at the coffee and tea festival in the RDS.

She can only drink so much coffee right?
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  Pregnant marriage even more so.
                                                                                  I'm currently at the coffee and tea festival in the RDS.

She can only drink so much coffee right?
                                                                                  Depends on how hyper you want your baby to be.
                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                    No its not. Its a game of Chess.

Comment

No its not. Its a game of Chess.
                                                                                      Risk imo

Comment

No way it'll happen, but Mourinho getting sacked would be all kinds of hilarious.

Comment

Diego Costa looks like one of Pablo Escobar's lieutenants.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                            Longshot, but a friend looking to swap 2 Football tickets for 2 RWC QF tickets...
                                                                                            I might be tempted by this if I don't get sorted for the AI, should know by Sunday evening.

Comment

Was just talking to the brother. Second batch of tickets being distributed to clubs on Wednesday and Thursday. Should be a few floating around late next week.

Comment

9/1 when 2-0 down would have been hammered ?
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Interesting result that after their election defeat Labour in the UK have decided to commit Hari-Kari.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                    Interesting result that after their election defeat Labour in the UK have decided to commit Hari-Kari.
                                                                                                    It's an absolute nightmare for the sane.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      WTF has wrong in your life that you get to see that kinda shit
                                                                                                      A sister of a guy I went to school with liked it and that was enough for it to pop up in my feed.

Amazing stuff, how do these people manage to remember how to breathe?

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

That 9/1 doesnt look so good now...
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Conservatives must be busting their holes laughing. Big comeback due from the Lib Dems now too.

Wait for the first time he mentions Syriza. Oh Lord.

Comment

What do you expect Ollie? That any member of this site can do anything and tell all about it here and everyone here just listens and chortles away?

If someone does something bad, seemingly stupid especially given their position, then why shouldn't they take some flak for it? I'm not suggesting I would go running off to tattle on anyone who did anything, but you have to expect someone would. Would you have the same opinion if he wasn't a mate?

I remember the rag2gar satellite win where he lost his ticket. I mean you could say it was pretty low of whoever it was who told on him, but he did cheat so it's not like it was an unfair ending.

Also, good luck with the baby coming home!

Comment

Ronaldo hattrick within first 20 minutes of the game.

Opr

Comment

Mourinho doing a Moyes. Will they even finish 7th at this rate?

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                                  What do you expect Ollie? That any member of this site can do anything and tell all about it here and everyone here just listens and chortles away?

If someone does something bad, seemingly stupid especially given their position, then why shouldn't they take some flak for it? I'm not suggesting I would go running off to tattle on anyone who did anything, but you have to expect someone would. Would you have the same opinion if he wasn't a mate?

I remember the rag2gar satellite win where he lost his ticket. I mean you could say it was pretty low of whoever it was who told on him, but he did cheat so it's not like it was an unfair ending.

Also, good luck with the baby coming home!
                                                                                                                  I hear you Reggie I really do. Everyone has a right to form their own views on what was done etc and express them here. I certainly don't think GAB has covered himself in glory in this episode. I just don't think we can expect an explanation either given that this place is being actively stalked by people from other forums to try and glean ammunition. Others have done things which they aren't proud of and they got some stick over it and some of those people left.

Are we basically saying unless you post a detailed account of what happened you can't post here?? I don't know maybe we are and I'm 100% not objective in this case so there's that.

I liked Rag2gars posts and he was never a mate. I like GABs posts. Do we lose something if we keep a moral high ground? I'd like to see DannyDiamond back posting here if I'm honest and he was never a mate either. I get enough whiter than white stuff in my work and I like the whiff of cordite around here occasionally.

Hearing about the crazy shit people do and chortling away is part of the fun of IPB for me and maybe being part of the audience facilitates that poor moral behaviour but I'm only human.

It's a big part of why I used to play poker actually. Mixing with criminals and scumbags and people of the highest moral fibre. Basically all sorts. In no other sphere of my life would I mix with such an eclectic group and its quite liberating as well as eye opening. Living in a bubble is very dull and there is an honesty in some of the poor behaviour that you see in the poker world that is sort of charming actually. That last bit doesn't make sense and yet it's what I feel.

Thanks for the good wishes. In a lot of ways it's the fruition of 5+ years planning and yet we're so unprepared it's hilarious. She's great and my emotions are swinging off the charts at times here. Great times.

Comment

@V4V, any insider tips for Holles St on stuff i mightn't know? You in the Merrion thingy?
                                                                                                                    No real tips. We were only semi private so no Merrion wing for us.

Twas actually very funny as one particular lady was disgusted. She paid private plus Merrion wing etc but her consultant didn't show up and she was forced to spend a night in the semi private ward. The indignity of it all was too much for her. Having said that she probably had a fair point given what she had paid.

The staff were excellent for the main business but it was a mixed bag on the ward. Dickensian conditions really at times and the staff on the wards are overrun. It's important to be there to make sure the Mrs isn't railroaded at any time due to her being in an emotional and vulnerable state. I'm glad I was by her side for most of the past few days.

The food is pretty good. Lots of choice and she can make good healthy choices if she wishes. MrsV had fish and salads and lamb cutlets etc all excellent to be fair. She's singing the praises of the midwives too and I'd echo that mostly.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by V for Vendetta; 12-09-15, 15:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                      It's an absolute nightmare for the sane.
                                                                                                                      Conservatives must be busting their holes laughing. Big comeback due from the Lib Dems now too.

Wait for the first time he mentions Syriza. Oh Lord.
                                                                                                                      I'm not so sure tbh. To choose any of the other 'options' was tantamount to treading water tbh. I don't think 2020 is winnable for Labour given the Scottish situation, but any election thereafter is likely to see the Conservatives ousted considering the track record of the British electorate to eventually tire of one side. Labour had no clear vision of Britain back in May imo. Corbyn at least stands for something, and he'll force a reaction within Labour to shape a real Centre Left vision of British society - something that Miliband, Kendall et al were unable to offer.

Just as it suits people of a certain bent for Irish politics to involve FG / FF / Labour inhabiting the same ideological ground and pretending they're different; Conservatives would like a situation where it's them or a slightly lighter version of them as the options for the British electorate. So I'm sure some of the laughter is a bit put on. Will be interesting anyway, that much is inarguable.
                                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Conservatives must be busting their holes laughing.
                                                                                                                        Funny you should say that:

The Day The Labour Party Died

"Earlier in the week David Cameron called his ministers together for their political cabinet. It opened with some concerned analysis about the potential political consequences of a Corbyn victory. One minister pointed to the size of Labour’s potential activist base. Another noted how the enthusiasm for Corbyn amongst Labour supporters reminded him of the first stirrings of the SNP surge in Scotland. Then there was a pause. And then everyone started laughing. It was, they all agreed, a result beyond their wildest dreams."

IMO Labour had no realistic hope of winning the next election anyway, at least now they will provide a distinctive voice rather than Tory lite.

Comment

In my view, Noel is under absolutely no obligation to 'explain' himself as a pre condition to posting here. Clearly it is not in his interest to say anything and that's fair enough. Equally, people are under no obligation to censor their views on cheating just because an IPB regular is mixed up in a situation.

It was reasonable to ask for a statement, but it would be unreasonable to continue badgering for one. That's my take on it anyway.
                                                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X