This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hoping to go for three andyfb thanked posts in a row
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
      Seriously how early do these people arrive to the Airport to manage to get this smashed before a flight.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-34128262.html
      Dont do it anymore but used to go out, go to a party come home and shower before heading for an early morning Ryanair flight all the time. Pretty shit for whoever got stuck beside me I guess but would be pretty drunk all the same.

Also lets not forget when flights get delayed you can really only drink 1 cup of tea before it is off to the bar. During a particularly snowy Christmas in Edinburgh my self and 2 other guys drank a few pints and a Litre of Whiskey we got in the duty free while they were clearing the snow and ice from the runway.

I would say being drunk on a flight was not the issue here just the fact that the guy is clearly a dickhead.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
          I know I thank a lot of posts but a hat-trick is still pretty special. Grats m8.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            If you have to attribute blame for that try to the last line defence its probably more down to Rob than Dave but lets be honest its a wonderfully worked score.

I'd also contend that us not being in the semi final has very much more to do with the last twenty minutes of the game rather than the first. For reference we were trading as low as 1.58 in or around 58 minute mark.
            While the wounds remain deep, on reflection I feel that we just didn't have the rub of the green at this tournament in relation to the injuries to key players and the ensuing loss therefore of impact players who replaced them.

We lost the qf in the last twenty minutes imo and I thought it was a 50:50 game at this stage. Every article I've read and any interviews I've heard refer to the mountain we had to climb early doors but while we found ourselves in a precarious position, the fact is that we had to put some points on the scoreboard before them at that stage and we did.

The loss of Jonny Sexton in particular came home to roost from the hour mark on imo. We've had serious competition for the out half position for fifteen years and have been blessed with two world class no 10s over this period. First you had Ronan O'Gara coming on for David Humphreys, then Humphreys for O'Gara, Sexton for O'Gara and O'Gara for Sexton. Last Sunday when Ian Madigan missed a crucial penalty as they sometimes do, we didn't have a worthy experienced replacement when our game called for a wise old head at that stage to steady the ship.

The game turned scrappy around the hour mark and we lost the game between the 65th and 68th minute imo. First the ball was kicked out on the full, then after an exchange of passes by ourselves the ball was knocked on by an
            Irish head. Finally after another turnover by ourselves the ball was knocked on at a scrum which I thought at the time was the turning point in the game. This proved to be correct as Argentina scored a very good try from the resultant possession - game over.

There we three players from Blackrock College on that Irish team, they must be doing something right in terms of player development. It seems that a lot of the players were educated at private schools, the two Kearneys went to Clongowes Wood. Maybe Irish rugby needs to look further afield in terms of attracting and developing players. The Gaelic football was very poor fare this year and the irfu could start doing a spot of poaching with the carrot of international competition.
            "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
              The future is now
              )
              Saw a Delorean in Blanch shopping centre a couple of hours ago, really cool looking, gull wing doors open.

Guy will be there all last week with it if anyone wanted to have a look.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

friends helped lobby this and now it is law, good lads the germans
                Germany is on track to become the FIRST country to stop grinding up the millions of live baby chicks considered 'waste' by the worldwide egg industry.

Comment

Nice of MI5 to provide an early Christmas/election present to the establishment parties in the south.lovely bunch of lads, no reason not to trust what they say unconditionally

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    Nice of MI5 to provide an early Christmas/election present to the establishment parties in the south.lovely bunch of lads, no reason not to trust what they say unconditionally
                    Ah cop on...
                    That fuckingt fool Mary Lou was on the Radio this morning trying to sell that line of utter shiter that the report was completely made up to rig the election and that there is no such thing as the IRA any more.

You really aren't dumb enough to buy that bollocks are you?
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ah cop on...
                      That fuckingt fool Mary Lou was on the Radio this morning trying to sell that line of utter shiter that the report was completely made up to rig the election and that there is no such thing as the IRA any more.

You really aren't dumb enough to buy that bollocks are you?

Comment

Half trolling,Not planning on voting SF in the election,don't believe that there is an army council calling the shots for Sinn Fein though.
                        Never believed The IRA had gone away,but they are as good as gone

Comment

Watched Dope last night. quirky coming of age comedy with some great moments. Doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything but entertaining nonetheless

Also really enjoying season 2 of leftovers. 3 episodes in and completely hooked. Thought the music was great so checked the credits and it's none other than Max Richter doing the soundtrack. Absolutely love his stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                            friends helped lobby this and now it is law, good lads the germans
                            http://animalsaustralia.org/features...ing-chicks.php
                            Two points strike me
                            These little guys aren't considered 'commercially viable' to be raised
                            GTFO
                            and
                            an alternative option ...New technology looks set to determine the sex of each fertilised egg before the chick inside develops — enabling the removal of all male-identified eggs from the hatchery, and leaving only the female eggs to hatch.
                            And thus saving the egg producers a shedload of money which is the only reason they are doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                              Half trolling,Not planning on voting SF in the election,don't believe that there is an army council calling the shots for Sinn Fein though.
                              Never believed The IRA had gone away,but they are as good as gone
                              The reality is that the Army council think they are, claim they are and have the charter to back what could well be in fact an delusion they are hanging on to but at the same time for all we know the Ard Comharile and Army council are synonymous.

It goes back to the notion of old, older, oldest, good, bad and baddest IRA its this mental midget adolescent notion of some sort of militaristic purity of cause that Fascists can never give up.

Comment

So, splashed out on the sexiest shoes ever. Jesus Christ they are fucking woeful. But hopefully will make life easier. Mia thought I got her new school shoes

Thanks for the recommendations btw

[IMG][/IMG]
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Hmm....no research grant = no job as of early next year, and no prospect of one. Oh well science, it was a fun 14 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                    Saw a Delorean in Blanch shopping centre a couple of hours ago, really cool looking, gull wing doors open.

Guy will be there all last week with it if anyone wanted to have a look.
                                    There's one in CHQ in the IFSC as well today.

Cars schmars imo but people seemed to like it
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

trying to get a back up phone and was going to use Nokia N8 but when I change the sim card I get an anti theft lock out requiring a code which I dont know. Tried 12345 and 11111 to no effect. Phone seems locked to old sim card which is defunct. Dont remember the number it was either, Am I / phone feked? I can still use it as sat nav and photos/apps etc but not as a phone?
                                      Hoping there is a master code. Anyone know?

Comment

At least you have Coffee or GTFO to fall back on.

Comment

2nd phone I am trying is a samsung galaxy ace but it offers up a reboot option and goes to " Appling Multi-CSC--- " and just stays on that with a pic of a wee android charactor and an exclaimation mark inside a triangle. Is this phone feked as well?

Comment

Fuck you Aidan O'Brien you robbing self effacing c*&t.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                              Fuck you Aidan O'Brien you robbing self effacing c*&t.
                                              Wong Won Won

Comment

Wong Won Won
                                                Course. 1 - 2, wrong way. Winner drifts all morning.

Comment

Two points strike me

GTFO
                                                  and
                                                  And thus saving the egg producers a shedload of money which is the only reason they are doing it.
                                                  It's incredibly expensive, and when the price comes down it's been predicted to still cost 2 cent more per egg.
                                                  2c is actually a lot as it costs 6c to produce an egg.
                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 21-10-15, 14:48.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                    Hmm....no research grant = no job as of early next year, and no prospect of one. Oh well science, it was a fun 14 years.
                                                    Why no prospect, Ireland sucks for science research? Anybody i know that actually wants to do science has had to leave Ireland that I know of, unless it's in biochemistry and even then that is very limited from what I see.
                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 21-10-15, 14:48.

Comment

Why no prospect, Ireland sucks for science research? Anybody i know that actually wants to do science has had to leave Ireland that I know of, unless it's in biochemistry and even then that is very limited from what I see.
                                                      Correct-a-mundo. Was told the proposal was good science but not commercial enough, which is all they care about.

Comment

Correct-a-mundo. Was told the proposal was good science but not commercial enough, which is all they care about.
                                                        Crazy really. We have two funding bodies chasing basically the same goal (SFI & EI). The whole point should be a slightly different emphasis... and a more long term view!
                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Yeah it's why there are no lack of stuff in my industry but when most people graduate science they are simply told...well that's it you can't even do a masters or phd here for most of you, let alone work after.
                                                          Most people I know that did physics end up programming.

Are you thinking of gravitating towards industry (can't be appealing to a researcher?) or looking elsewhere? Probably too soon to know but gl.

Comment

I can get you a job...

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                              Crazy really. We have two funding bodies chasing basically the same goal (SFI & EI). The whole point should be a slightly different emphasis... and a more long term view!
                                                              Yea spot on.

This gif pretty much sums up my career trying to deal with them:

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                I can get you a job...
                                                                lol...never again.

Comment

Are you thinking of gravitating towards industry (can't be appealing to a researcher?) or looking elsewhere? Probably too soon to know but gl.
                                                                  I have irons in fires....self employed type of stuff....would be stupid not to in my position.

At very least I'll just steal all the grind students off the postgrads!

Comment

Two points strike me

GTFO
                                                                    and
                                                                    baby chicks mate, where is your soul gone

Comment

Wonder if Joe Soap can get involved

Carlow Craft Brewery, the company behind the O’Hara’s range of craft beers, is looking to tap wealthy clients of Dublin stockbroking firms to raise up to €2.5 million for a new brewhouse under a tax-efficient business expansion scheme.

The firm, which was founded almost two decades ago and also trades as the Carlow Brewing Company, is looking to raise funds under the State’s employment and investment incentive scheme.

The cash raised will be used to “add capacity and operating efficiencies”, according to a note sent recently to clients of Cantor Fitzgerald. “The funds raised will be used to expand the company’s brewing and packaging facilities which are located in Bagenalstown, Co Carlow,” the note said.

Fundraising drive
                                                                      Séamus O’Hara, the managing director, is expected to meet clients of Cantor Fitzgerald later this month as part of the fundraising drive. He could not be reached at the company’s office immediately prior to publication.
                                                                      The Irish indigenous brewing sector is booming as consumers drink more craft beers and companies make inroads into export markets. Carlow Brewing Company, which employs about 30 staff, sells its range of beers in about 25 countries.
                                                                      The company made profits of about €600,000 in the year to the end of March 2014, according to its most recently filed set of abridged accounts.

The employment and investment incentive scheme allows investors to get tax relief on investments, although there is no tax advantage for the company raising the cash. The scheme targets SMEs, although hotels and property developers are among those excluded. The scheme was expanded for three years by the Government in the budget.
                                                                      Mon, Oct 19, 2015, 01:00
                                                                      First published:
                                                                      Mon, Oct 19, 2015, 01:00

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        Wonder if Joe Soap can get involved
                                                                        bbv will raise 3.5m by Friday.

Comment

Yea spot on.

This gif pretty much sums up my career trying to deal with them:
                                                                          I don't suppose you can leverage anything in the capital call thats open at the moment? Though they usually don't have money in that for personnel.

Im guessing it's a PI application they turned down for you?

Comment

With the uptake in duo lingo et al, would there be any interest in a foreign language thread? I haven't yet used duo lingo but perhaps the ability to slag ye off in foreign could pique my interest.

I understand it would move at snails pace and likely fizzle out within hours, but what harm.
                                                                            More interested in Spanish than French myself but no doubt they could co-exist.

Comment

I don't suppose you can leverage anything in the capital call thats open at the moment? Though they usually don't have money in that for personnel.

Im guessing it's a PI application they turned down for you?
                                                                              Nothing doing in equipment no. Was turned down for an EI CF. Couldn't apply for SFI CDA because I'm not permanent.

Comment

Nothing doing in equipment no. Was turned down for an EI CF. Couldn't apply for SFI CDA because I'm not permanent.
                                                                                CF is tough but if you get past the feasibility/marketing study it should be pretty ok (sector depending I guess). Edit to add: If you can change it to be a bit more commercial you may be able to persuade them to let you do an invited call for CF. You don't necessarily have to wait for the open call.

IP is a whole lot easier if you have any contacts in private industry. You could maybe get some vouchers to keep you ticking over but they can be a bit of a pain.

Not all SFI calls require a permanent position but Im not really sure what's open at the moment. Of course you know all this anyway I assume.

Comment

CF is tough but if you get past the feasibility/marketing study it should be pretty ok (sector depending I guess). Edit to add: If you can change it to be a bit more commercial you may be able to persuade them to let you do an invited call for CF. You don't necessarily have to wait for the open call.
                                                                                  Ah yes, I forgot about that. Could be a possible route. I might get onto the dude in EI and ask him if that's an option, because the technical reviews were very positive.
                                                                                  Cheers for reminding me!

Comment

Weighing up whether I should jump into a decent level hockey game tonight.

Have been playing with other noobs so far and was asked to play for a team in a higher division (albeit still woeful). Considering I've missed last week due to being absolutely goat weaseled in Vancouver I am unsure. I guess I can't really be rusty though, its not like there is anything for rust to form on.

Will await a sign from the gods.

In other news, Liberals won election here in Canada, Albertans seem to be very unhappy.
                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Aaaaaand

Just been asked to go back to London for work. Sigh.

How does one respectfully tell the to GTFO?
                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Move up levels

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Have been playing with other noobs so far and was asked to play for a team in a higher division (albeit still woeful). Considering I've missed last week due to being absolutely goat weaseled in Vancouver I am unsure. I guess I can't really be rusty though, its not like there is anything for rust to form on.

In other news, Liberals won election here in Canada, Albertans seem to be very unhappy.
                                                                                          Once its not Div1 youll be fine. Plenty of hiding places in all other leagues for rustys. Keep sweeping passes if possible and dont go for head of the stick hits and you wont be found out.

Comment

GAB et al. I'm looking for somewhere to bring my dad and a couple of the lads for dinner on a Saturday night in November - good steaks and red wine essential, cost not really a concern but don't need Shanahan's end of the scale. Want somewhere buzzier than that anyway.

Off the top of my head to consider I have:
                                                                                            Brookwood
                                                                                            Marco Pierre White's
                                                                                            Fire
                                                                                            Marcel's
                                                                                            FXB Pembroke St

Anywhere else I should add to the list? Or any of the above I should remove?

Comment

Was in The Chop House last week. Decent enough. Check their website maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Yeah my news feed seems to be pretty much
                                                                                                BC Happy
                                                                                                Quebec Overjoyed
                                                                                                Ontario happy
                                                                                                martitimes meh
                                                                                                and a whole load of upset flatlanders
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

188 euro for front and back brakes fitted nissan qashqai, does that sound right
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                    Was in The Chop House last week. Decent enough. Check their website maybe.
                                                                                                    Have eaten there a couple of times. Decent enough as you say but looking for somewhere more central. I remember thinking it was a bit expensive for where/what it was but it's a while since I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                      Course. 1 - 2, wrong way. Winner drifts all morning.
                                                                                                      Fairly standard for Ballydoyle in backend maidens imo

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                        188 euro for front and back brakes fitted nissan qashqai, does that sound right
                                                                                                        Assuming it's only pads and they done nothing else it's on the dear side alright but not outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                          GAB et al. I'm looking for somewhere to bring my dad and a couple of the lads for dinner on a Saturday night in November - good steaks and red wine essential, cost not really a concern but don't need Shanahan's end of the scale. Want somewhere buzzier than that anyway.

Brookwood
                                                                                                          Marco Pierre White's
                                                                                                          Fire
                                                                                                          Marcel's
                                                                                                          FXB Pembroke St

That Argentinian place: Asador.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                            Assuming it's only pads and they done nothing else it's on the dear side alright but not outrageous.
                                                                                                            Dunno , there was a metal sound when using them. he hasnt even collected car yet but did timing belt and serviced it a while back and said come back to get brakes done but me being me ignored it so I presume they are in bad shape
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                              Yeah my news feed seems to be pretty much
                                                                                                              BC Happy
                                                                                                              Quebec Overjoyed
                                                                                                              Ontario happy
                                                                                                              martitimes meh
                                                                                                              and a whole load of upset flatlanders
                                                                                                              I dont think the Maritimes voted in anyone BUT Liberals. Maybe they are just meh about everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                That Argentinian place: Asador.
                                                                                                                Yeah it's usually great. I eat there at least once a month though. Anyone been to Brookwood? Still haven't been and looks like it should be decent.

Comment

I hear a lot of pubs in Bray were in darkness last night on account of the itinerants.

Comment

I see the Carrickmines residents managed to successfully prevent the traveller's moving into their back yard. Fair play to them.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post

Brookwood
                                                                                                                      Marco Pierre White's
                                                                                                                      Fire
                                                                                                                      Marcel's
                                                                                                                      FXB Pembroke St

Mightn't be too popular a pick of I was going to any of the FXB's I'd go to the one in Temple Bar. I've been to them all several times and that one has never failed to impress.
                                                                                                                      The fact you can roll out and into the foggy dew is a bonus too.
                                                                                                                      Maybe jamie heaslips spot Bear? I havent been but have heard good things
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

BBV Help Please,
                                                                                                                        Anyone have a Samsung Galaxy S4 lying about that they're not using atm, even a broken one would do if the screen was working.... I would only need to borrow it for an afternoon in order to extract some music and photo's from a busto one I have here.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                                                          BBV Help Please,
                                                                                                                          Anyone have a Samsung Galaxy S4 lying about that they're not using atm, even a broken one would do if the screen was working.... I would only need to borrow it for an afternoon in order to extract some music and photo's from a busto one I have here.

Thanks.
                                                                                                                          Pretty sure herself had an S4 mini though not sure if that'd help

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X