• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right up to his free kick Neymar was shite...then BOOM BOOM BOOM

Comment

Fuck me that was entertainment.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The hours of shite live soccer I've watched and I walk in to see that scoreline
        Must be the greatest come back in the game never mind the competition... 1.01's no fun
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Must be the greatest come back in the game never mind the competition... 1.01's no fun
          Still found a way to complain about it. The master.
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

The round 16's have averaged over 4.5 goals per game so far, absolutely ludicrous for high level knockouts.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Lol, I watch probably an hour of football a year on average, watched the second half of that, and it's being touted now as the best comeback in living memory, to be remembered for generations.

I'll let yiz know when I'm about to watch another one

Comment

I doubt there has ever been a high profile comeback like that and I don't think we'll ever see another one like it. Just stunning.

Comment

Comment

It was more a total collapse than anything else tbh

100% fair play to Barca for taking advantage but Arsenal PSG handed it to them!

Comment

Too many reactions calling it the greatest match ever. It's not even close. Was terrible. Greatest bottle job of all time and one of the greatest results.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        He must have missed Medinah
                        airport, lol

Comment

Some sexy goals from Dortmund tonight

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                            I doubt there has ever been a high profile comeback like that and I don't think we'll ever see another one like it. Just stunning.
                            September 2011, How quickly they forget.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                              What do Barcelona and Linda McCarthy have in common?

The second leg is only for show.
                              And we thought the Linda/Heather thing was the only mistake here.

Comment

Went out for a few late ones like the functional alco I am.

There's about 60 aul ones in the function room here having a full blown disco for women's day. Fucking hell. Can smell the man hate.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                  Went out for a few late ones like the functional alco I am.

There's about 60 aul ones in the function room here having a full blown disco for women's day. Fucking hell. Can smell the man hate.
                                  Guaranteed score so. Wp

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                    Guaranteed score so. Wp
                                    The fact he estimated 60 rather than guessing 50 suggests he's having a fair aul gander for himself anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      The fact he estimated 60 rather than guessing 50 suggests he's having a fair aul gander for himself anyway.
                                      Welcome back. How was the trip? A quick summary will do, not expecting a massive trip report. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering.

Comment

Dropped from my original estimation of 70 though.

Comment

TV3 has the BBVs hot topic on at the moment.

LOL Religion CUNCE!

Comment

Me pretty much posting without adult supervision. :P

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post

Me pretty much posting without adult supervision. :P
                                              Me before pretty much every post I've ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                They doubted themselves once they went one down, this is more than likely going to be over for them even if PSG get one.

Comment

Also....I just want to confirm what you all already know. All of your sports talk...WAAAAAAY Over my head.

me

Comment

Welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                      So bored in my jobs that I'm gambling on everything and anything these days.

Making a tenner an hour, betting 500 on races, banter.

SPOILER

Up €4.10, get in!!!! I think it's time to quit at least one of these jobs now
                                                      heh, grand auld day whilst watching Barce do the unthinkable. What odds were they to go through yesterday anyone know? Wouldn't have touched it with a bargepole

SPOILER
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Best price was 10/1.

Comment

Don't be fooled by cheap imitations, sign up for the HHE* 2017 Cheltenham Tipping Competition today.

It has been claimed that it cures, insomnia, infertility, leprosy and the common cold. It elected Trump. It invented Messi's left foot. It reincarnates itself every year. It is immutable, incandescent, indefatigable. It rocks and it doesn't suck. It leaves you wanting more. It guarantees weight loss or your money back. It delivers a quiet feeling of satisfaction. It sticks it to The Man. It has the Big Heart. It hates goddamn Nazis. It has been endorsed by the leaders of all the world's major religions. It is licenced for use in Ruritania. Its lawyers are fierce. It has an indefinable and elusive mystery. It allows you to feel superior to GAB at nag-nominating. It beat the crap out of Conor McGregor when he was a nobody. It decommissioned the IRA's arms. Lady Gaga has it on speed dial.

It is three, yes, three business days away.

SPOILER
                                                          HHE mbership not required
                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

@aj, finished 15th in the world in fantasy footie. Not top 10, gutted. 128 pts
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

heh, grand auld day whilst watching Barce do the unthinkable. What odds were they to go through yesterday anyone know? Wouldn't have touched it with a bargepole

SPOILER
                                                              My housemate backed them outright last week at 40/

Comment

We might start taking protests more seriously when they stop becoming sign making competitions. Everyone looks like they had a great day out
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Saw the killing fields and S21 in phnom penh today. About the grimmest thing I've ever been to see. Very hard to make sense of it.

Glad I skipped Auschwitz last Xmas now!

Comment

Yeah, starting zlatan was a bad idea in hindsight
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Just looking at the IPB league, having my bestest year but I'd still only be sixth if I was in it. High standard. Who the fuck is Hackers anyway, crushing.

Comment

I see the Azure Window collapsed overnight. Sad day for the Maltese.
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                          I blame the Dothraki.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                            Saw the killing fields and S21 in phnom penh today. About the grimmest thing I've ever been to see. Very hard to make sense of it.

I didn't think the killing fields were great. Not much left there and you can't see any of the stuff mentioned in the audio. Apart from all the skulls in centre obviously. The prison hit home though, that was really grim.

When I was leaving the fields there was a gang of dutch lads heading for the tour with a bag of cans.
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Yeah happened yesterday morning. glad I took a trip there last year but sad we never got off the tour bus and see it properly.

Ursula Andres was chained to it in the 1981 Clash of the Titans. I blame the Kracken and not the Dothraki!

Comment

Comment

Also Keane Mok Mony if you are looking for a good affordable restaurant. Owner actively encourages you to try stuff on the menu if you have never had it before, and send it back free of charge if you don't like it. They package up the food sent back and give it to the homeless.
                                                                                  Unfortunately for the homeless the food was class, nice idea tho
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Try doing them both after spending a good few hours drinking beers, smoking joints, shooting guns at the gun range

Possibly the worst thought out itinerary ever 😯

Comment

Sitting here at my desk eating a hot chicken fillet wrap, thinking about Asia now. Can't believe it was 2002 when I was there. Seriously, where the fuck did that 15 years go?

Phnom Penh was particularly mental back then. I've probably told this story before but meh, I'm in a reminiscing kind of mood.

En route to Cambodia, we met an English girl called Jo who we hung out with for a few days. We were heading south bound in Vietnam and she was doing the opposite having come from Cambodia and heading towards Hanoi.

She could not stop banging on about a place she stayed in Phnom Penh called 'Top Banana's' and insisted that we had to go there when we reached Phnom Penh. It was run by Top Banana himself along with his mate Easy Tiger.

Fast forward a few weeks and we had arrived into Phnom Penh by bus late at night with nowhere to stay so we headed towards Top Banana's in the hope of getting a room. When we called, we got a fairly abrupt response of 'Sorry, full, no room'

Rather than walk away, I thought I'd try a long shot

'We're friends of Jo, she told us to come here'

The expression of our host changed immediately. 'YOU KNOW JO?!?!?'

'Eh, yeah, we're best mates with Jo, back in, eh *where was Jo from again*, eh London, yeah best mates with her back in London.

The person we were speaking to turned out to be Top Banana and he apologised profusely for being full but told us he had people checking out the next morning and he would bring us to another hotel, check us in and come collect us again tomorrow.

Not one to pass up a good offer, we heartily accepted, hopped in his car and went off into the night. True to his word, he got us checked into a nice spot at a good price and was waiting for us the next morning to take us back to his place - It was clear he was big on service.

When checking into his place, we had a strange conversation, not something you'd normally have when checking into a hotel / B&B.

TB : Would you like something to read?

LL : No, I'm ok, thanks, have just started a new book on the bus down

TB : My read is very good, you'll like it

LL : Eh, ok, but the book I've just started is quite long so I might not have time to read it while I'm here

TB : WEED - Do you want some weed? - He said this as he opened a drawer in reception and pulled out a massive handful of weed

LL : Ahhh, weed, yes, yes please, yes, I'll have some, how much?

TB : How much? no charge, you stay here, weed is free, this is Top Banana's!

Turned out, he had his own field growing some of the best weed I've ever had and he gave it out to all his guests free of charge. Oddly, he was a little surprised that despite the fact that he was open for only 18 months, he had 100% occupancy from pretty much day 1.

And that was Top Banana's & Phnom Penh to a tee

He brought us on a day out, think we gave him $5 each. He planned the whole itinerary, we paid no attention, first up, the shop for cans of beer to be drunk in the car while smoking a few joints, then to the gun club, class, shooting a Colt 45 and an M16, more beers, more joints, back into the car, more beers, gas crack altogether, pass the splif this way. What's the next place we're going to? We're just here now? It's, ohh, it S21, right...that's...interesting, and we're heading to the Killing Fields next? Might wanted to have told us this earlier, maybe?

Nights always started with beers and joints in Top Banana's. From there, his driver would take us all on a pub crawl around the town for free. I'm sure he was getting a kickback off all the pubs but we didn't care. He always bought a round in each one for everyone and the driver would take you home at any point in the night if you wanted to and then return to take the rest of the crew onto the next pub. it was odd having the driver skulls beers at the same pace as you but it was seen as safer to get into the car with a drunk driver than walk the streets of Phnom Penh at night.

When you were low on cash, TB would take you to a ridiculously dodgy looking place where we'd all sit out front before being called into the back room one by one, present our credit card and get US$ back - Card was never skimmed and was never ripped off, always got a good R/E, better than the banks were offering.

TLDR - Phnom Penh was the shit, I want to go back, now!

Comment

^^^ pretty sure you have told it before, but I'm delighted you told it again
                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                          I didn't think the killing fields were great. Not much left there and you can't see any of the stuff mentioned in the audio. Apart from all the skulls in centre obviously. The prison hit home though, that was really grim.

When I was leaving the fields there was a gang of dutch lads heading for the tour with a bag of cans.
                                                                                          We had a guy who was a small kid sent off to the work camps during it bringing us around. He said 40+ of his family were killed in the four years and all this horror show stuff so I guess we were a bit more primed to be affected with it.

Having said that I agree that it was the jail that really brought it from upsetting to full on harrowing. There was a picture of a little kid maybe three years old that I was staring at when Niamh came up behind me and said oh my god he looks just like you when you were a little boy and I nearly lost it a bit because that's why I had lingered over him.

I found it really incongruous and out of place to see all these other tourists getting selfies with one of the two living survivors at the end while he was loling and giving the peace sign but I guess you gotta get the benjamins.

Comment

Met former President Sean Gallagher.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                              Met former President Sean Gallagher.
                                                                                              Any good?

Comment

Quite presidential. But just not quite enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                                  Quite presidential. But just not quite enough.
                                                                                                  2011 that was. Means Mickey D will up be for reelection next year. Should be a cakewalk for him.

Comment

Oh shiiiiiiiiit

Top 20 Managers each week (incl Manager of the Week) will receive:

FPL T-shirt, stress ball, pen, pad and key ring

Yay free stuff!
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Ikea have an online site, and offer delivery, but you can't purchase items online. How odd.

I want to buy a single item from them but it's not really worth going out to Ballymun for it.

Comment

2011 that was. Means Mickey D will up be for reelection next year. Should be a cakewalk for him.
                                                                                                        If he decides to do a second term he won't even need to walk on a cake, he'll be unopposed.

Comment

€1400 of IPBers loot in my bank account
                                                                                                          Off to Cardiff for rugby tomorrow with HHE leadership team
                                                                                                          Air BnB booking says 'adjacent to casinos'

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

3 more people sign up for Cheltenham comp there please, I want to take home a cool 1.5k profit.
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Few people seem to mind that he keeps abusing the office.

Comment

Ye have Martin Mc Guinness to thank for Micky D's reign
                                                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                  Few people seem to mind that he keeps abusing the office.
                                                                                                                  LOL that hilarious coming from a Trump fanboi, not that the roles or type of abuse is in any way comparable.

MickeyD has beenbTremendously Presidential managing to be himself and saying what he wants to say without abusing the office at all.
                                                                                                                  Dev was trying to run the country for years after he went to the park.
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Has anyone ever done the Skellig Michael landing tour?

Prob gonna book it as soon as the option is available for me and the missus on our trip back to Ireland.
                                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                      Ikea have an online site, and offer delivery, but you can't purchase items online. How odd.

I want to buy a single item from them but it's not really worth going out to Ballymun for it.
                                                                                                                      Apparently due to change in the next month or two. You can order for delivery to carrickmines by visiting that drop off store, otherwise you have to visit Ballymun or wait for the online sale site.
                                                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                        €1400 of IPBers loot in my bank account
                                                                                                                        Off to Cardiff for rugby tomorrow with HHE leadership team
                                                                                                                        Air BnB booking says 'adjacent to casinos'

We'll spin it up to 50k and make it worth winning!
                                                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Was there someone here got around the slowness in the passport office somehow. Mates heading to Dubai on Thurs but two kids (adults) applied for new passports on 21st but looking bad now. Whats the best chance?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X