Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
    Any breakfasts?
    Rashers, sausages, toast, tae. Savage

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Interesting story

JP McManus loses $5.2m US tax case over backgammon game

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/j...game-1.2991507
      I imagine this was the face of the revenue guy sending documents to the IRS

Last edited by poprock; 03-03-17, 11:17.

Comment

Shatter went on the radio this morning and skewered Enda.
        Signed his death warrant and probably knocked him off course for the European Brexit leadership role he has been angling for.
        In not untypical Shatter fashion the drama was maximised by him not going on Morning Ireland but going on later when everyone was at Peter Matthews funeral this morning. You can just inmagine the texts and whats apps buzzers lighting up the church... TBF Matthews would have loved it
        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 03-03-17, 11:51.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
          BBC 6 Music are doing 1994 Day. Only been listening for an hour and it's been ridic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music
          Orbital gonna do a live set shortly.

Easy to forget how Indie/Alternative music was so prominent in the mainstream then.

Do indie discos even exist still?

Who knows but today on 6Music is the radio equivalent and is exhilarating!

I spent 94 and 95 in Vancouver and Boston seeing the likes of Blur, Oasis, Portishead, Supergrass, Bjork, Radiohead, Elastica at small venues for a few dollars as they tried to 'break' America. Good times!
          Last edited by BennyHiFi; 03-03-17, 11:56.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                    Orbital gonna do a live set shortly.

Easy to forget how Indie/Alternative music was so prominent in the mainstream then.

Do indie discos even exist still?

Who knows but today on 6Music is the radio equivalent and is exhilarating!

I spent 94 and 95 in Vancouver and Boston seeing the likes of Blur, Oasis, Portishead, Supergrass, Bjork, Radiohead, Elastica at small venues for a few dollars as they tried to 'break' America. Good times!
                    Used to listen to a lot of 6 music, then it dwindled to just Marc Riley, then it dwindled...

The noise they make when they speak is like an incessant drone of nothing

...see how we go today, will give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                      Used to listen to a lot of 6 music, then it dwindled to just Marc Riley, then it dwindled...

The noise they make when they speak is like an incessant drone of nothing

...see how we go today, will give it a try
                      Fair point. There is a lot of pointless chatter. Marc Riley, Stuart Maconie (a main offender), Huey Morgan, Gilles Peterson, Don Letts and Craig Charles would be various one i'd still tune into.

Most regular at the weekend to save me having to get up and change records every 20 mins and also to save the usual 'WTF is that noise' from MrsHiFi.

Comment

The Dylan is undoubtedly hitch's kind of place.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              has anyone ever topped zaytoon in the dublin kebabs stakes? Its such a ridic good kebab. Had the best kebab of all time in Bordeaux last year and still remember it fondly nearly every day, but the zaytoon offering is a highly decent contender for the top crown.
                              Originally posted by dobby View Post
                              Can't visit Dublin without a trip to zaytoon. Unreal stuff
                              This my wife's favourite place to eat and have sent all of my american friends that have visited to the one on camden street. they love it.

Comment

A quick check confirms I paid about €240 a night suggesting I need an abacus to accompany my next excursions into morning drinking.
                                Expensive oversized locker for your stuff.
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Looking forward to this Monday

Download & Stream This Song Here: https://pmjlive.com/the90s-volume1Experience PMJ Live on Tour: http://www.pmjtour.comShop PMJ Music / Merch: http://www.sho...
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      Looking forward to this Monday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OasxD_oP8M
                                      You going to New Orleans? If you are you should at Cochon. great food and reasonably priced.

Last edited by Trippie; 03-03-17, 13:52.

Comment

For all those wondering about the calorie to alchohol ratio in drinks. here is a handy guide.

Tequila good, NA beer bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                          You going to New Orleans? If you are you should at Cochon. great food and reasonably priced.

http://cochonrestaurant.com/

sadly no, though have been there in the past.

Postmodern Jukebox playing in Dublin Monday
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                            Fair point. There is a lot of pointless chatter. Marc Riley, Stuart Maconie (a main offender), Huey Morgan, Gilles Peterson, Don Letts and Craig Charles would be various one i'd still tune into.

Most regular at the weekend to save me having to get up and change records every 20 mins and also to save the usual 'WTF is that noise' from MrsHiFi.
                                            Don't like this American wan they have in replacing Radcliffe and Maconie. She'll be gone soon.

Marc Riley is definitely the best DJ they have. Proper muso innit.

I really miss TXFM :-/
                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hotels are the biggest bubble price in the world. Used to be that a hotel offered comfort that you didn't have at home, but now everyone has a minimum stantard of hotel comfort in their home.
                                              Where are we meeting for pince m8?
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Where are we meeting for pince m8?
                                                Inski if there's a few going....

Comment

Don't like this American wan they have in replacing Radcliffe and Maconie. She'll be gone soon.

Marc Riley is definitely the best DJ they have. Proper muso innit.

I really miss TXFM :-/
                                                  She was a big deal on the internet student telly in the 90's
                                                  probably have her in for that reason!?

I didn't last, ended up here through a clip on their website

Paul Oakenfold Goa mix 1994 - whole 2hrs1-01: Mr. V - Give Me Life1-02: Grace - Skin On Skin (Orange Mix)1-03: Li Kwan - Point Zero1-04: The Disco Evangelist...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    Inski if there's a few going....
                                                    Lotto celebration!

Comment

Lotto celebration!
                                                      Wellies of Gin. You in?

Comment

Got my insurance renewal quote today 920 e

Bargained them down to 750 gtfo

Someone recommended Allianz

546!! Cheapest my insurance has been in years

Happy camper
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            Wellies of Gin. You in?
                                                            got a work thing...will try to finagle early

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                You brought your pint to the jacks!?. Suspect tiling there if not.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                  You brought your pint to the jacks!?. Suspect tiling there if not.
                                                                  some urinary infection going on if it is the jacks

Comment

some urinary infection going on if it is the jacks
                                                                    You wouldnt know where that lad would pop up. On closer inspection its a fireplace which must mean hes on the southside as no self respecting northside bar would have a fire on at this hour.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                      You wouldnt know where that lad would pop up. On closer inspection its a fireplace which must mean hes on the southside as no self respecting northside bar would have a fire on at this hour.
                                                                      You've never been the Chateaux Nealon's then.

Comment

Trying to gamble here in Canada is a pain. Most banks don't allow credit card's to deposit to online gambling sites so I use an online prepaid credit card to get around it but this also gets flagged by my bank and a hold put on my cards.
                                                                        The three Bet365 deposit options for Canadian's below are the one's I havn't tried

iDebit
                                                                        Instadebit
                                                                        Paysafecard

Any chance one of these three wouldn't result in my card getting a hold put on it?
                                                                        Theresa, if you gamble, how do you get around this? Irish CC?

Comment

Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

Hmm. Okay I'm going to go to Mulligan's. But please don't expect me me to be the suave person you know me to be as have just woke up from a tequila drinkathon
                                                                                Just finishing a 2 hour stint with kids rolling around in balls. Might venture in. Which Mulligans?

Comment

...

Comment

Pray for MrsFD

Travelling on a plane to Scotland tomorrow. Had hypnosis last night, stopped me feeling sick and have meds for tomorrow. I have only every flew a 30 minute flight on my own and I am bricking it!.

Before anyone asks. I jacked the job in. Spent 19h on a bus. Pensions are also incredibily boring too! ALSO had been offered a permenant job with a fantastic looking American IT company that are opening an office in Malta and I am the Office Manager. Don't start till the 13th and with dirt cheap flights to Scotland it was a no brainer to get my ass over and see the family.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                      Pray for MrsFD

Travelling on a plane to Scotland tomorrow. Had hypnosis last night, stopped me feeling sick and have meds for tomorrow. I have only every flew a 30 minute flight on my own and I am bricking it!.

Before anyone asks. I jacked the job in. Spent 19h on a bus. Pensions are also incredibily boring too! ALSO had been offered a permenant job with a fantastic looking American IT company that are opening an office in Malta and I am the Office Manager. Don't start till the 13th and with dirt cheap flights to Scotland it was a no brainer to get my ass over and see the family.
                                                                                      Just do what I do, get twisted in airport
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                        Got my insurance renewal quote today 920 e

Bargained them down to 750 gtfo

Someone recommended Allianz

546!! Cheapest my insurance has been in years

Happy camper

Shouldn't be allowed on public roads imo.
                                                                                        http://www.pokerinireland.net/

Comment

Entirely possible you're no longer going out for beers, as those posts are from a while ago, I just realise now
                                                                                          Me and Riggs are in the gin palace

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                              Trying to gamble here in Canada is a pain. Most banks don't allow credit card's to deposit to online gambling sites so I use an online prepaid credit card to get around it but this also gets flagged by my bank and a hold put on my cards.
                                                                                              The three Bet365 deposit options for Canadian's below are the one's I havn't tried

iDebit
                                                                                              Instadebit
                                                                                              Paysafecard

Any chance one of these three wouldn't result in my card getting a hold put on it?
                                                                                              Whos your bank? Prepaid is the way and Ive never had issues. Suppose it might be an issue if I was withdrawing.
                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

...

Comment

I kinda went to hug a bald dice before remembering that dice has hair. Are you here Diceman?
                                                                                                  Lol. He'll be in later. Just waiting for confirmation from Deadlyparrot and PAF and then we have a posse.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                    Whos your bank? Prepaid is the way and Ive never had issues. Suppose it might be an issue if I was withdrawing.
                                                                                                    TD, yourself? What prepaid CC and bookmaker do you use? Maybe if I use a different prepaid it might help. It's only recently they've started to stop my cards from loading up my prepaid.

Comment

Had mini beers and boojum with Andy and Rigger. Away off now. Have fun m8s

Comment

Lol. He'll be in later. Just waiting for confirmation from Deadlyparrot and PAF and then we have a posse.
                                                                                                        Will be free around deco time

Comment

Gin palace, sigh
                                                                                                          Barred?

Comment

iDebit
                                                                                                            Instadebit
                                                                                                            Paysafecard

Have you tried moneybookers(https://account.skrill.com/signup?rid=4723100) or neteller?
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Ha, bring pics! Isn't there just the one Mulligan's in town where giant jenga can be played? Right in the centre.
                                                                                                              Giant jenga in mulligans? really?
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                Have you tried moneybookers(https://account.skrill.com/signup?rid=4723100) or neteller?
                                                                                                                Nope do you know what bookies will take them?
                                                                                                                Betfair and PP have both shut my accounts for being in Canada so they're no longer an option. I'd assume some bookies would do similar.

Comment

Nope do you know what bookies will take them?
                                                                                                                  Betfair and PP have both shut my accounts for being in Canada so they're no longer an option. I'd assume some bookies would do similar.
                                                                                                                  Almost every bookies use both of these and they are e-wallets which banks cannot see where you spend your money from(afaik) so pretty much all gambling accounts are good.
                                                                                                                  I'd imagine some gambling sites might close your account because your ip address is in canada but if you put ireland on your skrill address hopefully it'd work for ya
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                    Giant jenga in mulligans? really?
                                                                                                                    Is he in Stoneybatter?

Comment

Khabib v Ferguson cancelled, Khabib ended up in hospital before weighing in. No reason to stay up tomorrow now.

Comment

Is he in Stoneybatter?
                                                                                                                        The one in stoneybatter definitely don't have giant jenga, I never saw it in the one in town, was more of a query
                                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Worth noting that if you have not yet signed up for the world's greatest Cheltenham tipping competition, (a) there is still time and (b), there is €1050 (and fast increasing) up for grabs.

All you have to do is predict a few horsey racey winny type thingys. Couldn't be easier.
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X