X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    Got called in to work. :-/

A thingy went wrong. I have fixed the thingy. But that thingy caused a bunch of other thingies to also go wrong, which I cannot fix. Boss is calling the people who can fix it, and they're not answering. Could be here for a while.
    Well done on fixing that troublesome thingy!
    We thank you!

This Judith Kerr. Talking about being a refugee in London in WW 2 and how she came to writing kids books. She is coming to a book festival here soon.

Judith Kerr was born on 14 June 1923 in Berlin but escaped from Hitler's Germany with her parents and brother in 1933 when she was nine years old. Her father...

Comment

Melanie performing "Birthday of the Sun" at the original 1969 Woodstock concert.This video was taken from a laser disk of "Woodstock: The Lost Performances",...

How this never made it into the film I don't know. But ..the birthday of the sun

Happy Birthday Rain!

Have a good day yall!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Guy streaming the Sunday Million and looking at a deal 3 handed at the moment. He's already turned down a deal when chip leader.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            First thought was that every declining awards ceremony does that for the news stories at some point.

/ This bear coffee shop is rather nice. Feel like I'm soiling it with my uncoolness
            Hitch you are so much more cool than me!

Oh you might still worry at that level of coolness actually .

Uh ..you're just very cool

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
              Anyone here stayed in Wineport Lodge? Review?
              Yes but during Tiger times so probably outdated. Remember a lad landing his flying boat on the lake and parking up just offshore from the lodge.

Wonder where he is now.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Is there any reason I can't see twitter posts that people put up while browsing using Tapatalk?

Are there some settings I need to change or something?

Comment

/ This bear coffee shop is rather nice. Feel like I'm soiling it with my uncoolness
                  They do seem to have cracked the 'you should feel privileged that we allow you into our premises to be served overpriced coffee' market alright.

Comment

Comment

They were nodding along in joy to whatever cool music was playing. At 7:30am. Nobody should be enjoying music at that hour of the morning unless you've just left Lesson Street, it's not fair on the rest of us.
                      I listen to Grease soundtrack when in work... that's the height of my coolness I'm afraid.
                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                        Is anyone watching this? They just presented the best picture to La La Land and then it turned out they read the wrong card after all the cast from La La Land has done all the acceptance speech stuff and they should have presented it to Moonlight!

Opr

It's a wonderful piece.of cringe
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Time for some old school advertising, Cheltenham is a mere two weeks away:

Now you've heard it advertised, don't hesitate
                          Don't be caught with your drawers down,
                          Don't be caught with your drawers down
                          You can step right up, step right up
                          That's right, it fillets, it chops, it dices, slices,
                          Never stops, lasts a lifetime, mows your lawn
                          And it mows your lawn and it picks up the kids from school
                          It gets rid of unwanted facial hair, it gets rid of embarrassing age spots,
                          It delivers a pizza, and it lengthens, and it strengthens
                          And it finds that slipper that's been at large
                          Under the chaise lounge for several weeks
                          And it plays a mean Rhythm Master,
                          It makes excuses for unwanted lipstick on your collar
                          And it's only a dollar€50, step right up, it's only a dollar, step right up
                          'Cause it forges your signature
                          If not completely satisfied, mail back unused portion of product
                          For complete refund of price of purchase
                          Step right up

Comment

Got a phone call from my solicitor this morning about something to do with the boundaries of my house. He put in the query to the Land Registry in 2012 and just got a response!

Comment

So pretty sure I've a MRSA/Staph infection on my foot

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                Bitta Sudocreme, be grand
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

what colour is the foot?
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                    what colour is the foot?
                                    Red and yellow concentric circles. Like an archery target

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                      Thinking of building one of these...no 'building' wasn't a typo. If you build your own plane you go into a category that's exempt from the ridiculous red tape and costs associated with a certified machine. You also get an ultra modern machine for the cheaper than a 1970s Cessna that would be left in its wake.

Problem is I can only afford the 2 seat version. I'm still tempted by the 4 seat, because it will take a few years to build (2000 hours according to the kit manufacturer) and I just naively assume I'll have more money by the time it comes to bolting on the engine.

Realistically the kids won't want to be anywhere near us in 10 years and I'll be paying for 2 empty seats for the rest of my life. Decisions, decisions. Anyone want to buy half a plane?
                                      Zuutroy posted the exact same thing a while back, I think you should split it with him

Comment

Done.
                                        Last edited by NuckChorris; 27-02-17, 14:21. Reason: Tickets gone.

Comment

Jamie Vardy to end up back gutting fish at a factory, be a great end to the story arc.
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                            Zuutroy posted the exact same thing a while back, I think you should split it with him
                                            Did I? Jaysus...losing my mind...maybe they'll revoke my medical.

Comment

Since I plan on letting out my current place when we move, but want nothing to do with tenants, who are a good letting agent to use for that, or are they much of a muchness in terms of price and making sure that the tenants aren't cunts?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                Since I plan on letting out my current place when we move, but want nothing to do with tenants, who are a good letting agent to use for that, or are they much of a muchness in terms of price and making sure that the tenants aren't cunts?
                                                Much of a muchness. I am using an agency for that myself as couldnt deal with tenants. Never any hassle.
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                  If you bought a new place I would probably try to use the estate agent your using for the purchase and see if the goodwill will get you a deal

Comment

Our local priest is a sound dude tbf

Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      Yes but during Tiger times so probably outdated. Remember a lad landing his flying boat on the lake and parking up just offshore from the lodge.

Wonder where he is now.
                                                      There for a wedding in June, likely going to stay there unless someone says its a farce and not worth the cash.

Shit one. Mate of mines oul lad had a staph infection in his knee after surgery. Needed to get it scraped out. Hope your outcome is better!
                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

There for a wedding in June, likely going to stay there unless someone says its a farce and not worth the cash.
                                                        Was there recently for a weekend and it's a lovely spot. Spent the 2 days puking, shitting and visiting the Mid-Doc as I picked up a bug from our daughter just as we arrived. Didn't eat or drink a thing but the room was nice! Others enjoyed it. Decent pubs down the town too.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                          Our local priest is a sound dude tbf

http://kclr96fm.com/fr-paddy-byrne-s...-heterosexual/

I actually met this guy. He was friendly with my uncle and aunt who were living in Carlow. Both now passed so I met him at the wakes. Good craic and a cool dude.
                                                          http://www.pokerinireland.net/

Comment

W doing a little fist pump celebration at passing on the Worst President Evah tag only weeks into the fiasco that is Trump

George W Bush says in a rare TV interview that a free media is needed to call those in power to account.

Really hard to figure out how this plays out from here... Its possible that the Republicunts will just try to ignore that he even exists and just carry on resetting domestic and foriegn policy back to their glory days of errm Nixon
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

I see Starbucks have doubled down on their 'ignore the shite coffee, look at all the charging spots we have' strategy. I like it.

Wouldn't be putting Wowburger in any top burger lists, but rather unbeatable at those prices. Could swear the person who took the order (literally 'a burger') was angling for a tip for her 10 seconds of effort. Fortune favours the bold!
                                                                Which Wowburger did you try?

Consensus among my mob is that the place in the Workman's Club is superior to the others. It was considered on par with Bunsen at one stage although not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  W doing a little fist pump celebration at passing on the Worst President Evah tag only weeks into the fiasco that is Trump

George W Bush says in a rare TV interview that a free media is needed to call those in power to account.

Really hard to figure out how this plays out from here... Its possible that the Republicunts will just try to ignore that he even exists and just carry on resetting domestic and foriegn policy back to their glory days of errm Nixon
                                                                  Nixon's foreign policy is generally regarded as the highlight of his administration (secret bombing of Cambodia apart).

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                    Really surprised to see people complaining, or unwilling to pay for the Second Captains pod. As I understand, the politics podcast is only something which will happen every couple of weeks or so. There's a lot of great quality content being put out on a daily basis. It's not compulsory to listen to all of them. I feel like it's such a small amount of money to pay for a lot of entertainment. I'm happy to pay for it in the knowledge that the podcast won't survive without listeners' support.
                                                                    The free one last Monday the lads spent 15 mins of around 45 mins talking about Rory and Trump and basically saying how Rory could live to regret the photo etc. so the politics is and has been for a while seeping into other parts of the show.

Will still listen to the free ones for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                      Which Wowburger did you try?

Consensus among my mob is that the place in the Workman's Club is superior to the others. It was considered on par with Bunsen at one stage although not anymore.
                                                                      The Workman's burger is fantastic but I am not quite sure it should count as a proper burger. It is made so that the mince is so loose that it is falling apart. I think it is really good but I can see a burger connoisseur arguing that its consistency should rule it out of the race.

Opr
                                                                      Last edited by Opr; 27-02-17, 18:28.

Comment

Comment

One in Ranelagh pretty good in my book as another data point. Over a tenner cheaper than 5 guys. Workmans club one was always trollied when eating so harder to judge. Great time to be a beer-swilling burger fiend
                                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Monkman gonna have to up his game here.

Comment

Comment

Was reading this thread, where the OP comes on and saying that Jason Mercier calling him a cheat the OFC app is killing all his action and giving him a bad red etc. Some decent moments in it, and potential for a big money game.

Originally Posted by WiCane You aren't doing a very good job of clearing your name. Jason has offered to play you. Play him, stop trying to offer new c

Originally posted by treysfull21
                                                                                OP...

It's extremely odd to me that you decide to post what you have heard from ppl that I have allegedly said about you, instead of asking me (or Natasha) about this "rumor" that we are spreading. If you have known about this for 5 months as you say, why wouldn't u approach me?

This will likely be my one and only post about this subject. I don't have the time nor the energy to deal with this nonsense. I'm so tired of people calling themselves out and involving me!

I don't think you have a bot, I personally think you are just cheating somehow. A bot would actually lose to a lot of ppl. Even a bot that plays 100% perfect every street would probably lose to 10-15% of the players assuming theses players are pretty good. That's the variance of ofc as u are clearly stating yourself.

It's total nonsense that you are saying that live is very different from playing on the app... It's almost identical besides the subtle differences u stated which just make u appear like u don't know what you are doing. However, the game plays exactly the same way! If you can play live, you can play on the app. And vice versa

Why I think u are somehow cheating...

-No one beats u on the app (at least that I know of, I guess christoph beat u during PCA, maybe you were playing a square game in front of each other or u didn't have access to whatever computer or apparatus you use for cheating ).

-U can't win live- lost at pca. Lost in Vegas. Lost to Natasha in 5 different forms of ofc live

-Natasha has told me massive mistakes you have made live. Such as playing AA88 in the middle and queen high up top while in fantasyland (this was in your first live session). For those of you who aren't familiar with OFC, 88 up top is worth 3 points... This is not a mistake anyone who has any sense of basic basic OFC could even possibly make

-you are begging everyone for app action. Starting games with every person u can find on the app and telling them you would post just to play. It's my opinion that no one would really do this unless they knew they would win.

-offering freerolls to everyone just to get action. Another huge obstacle to overcome through the variance of ofc, but u seemingly are overcoming it.

-you offered Natasha a freeroll if she would get me to play you. I mean LOL

-Natasha asked to see your app lobby and on 2 separate occasions you showed her and you were losing to no one and crushing almost everyone for big numbers

-you tried numerous times to play me (one of the best ofc players in the world, I think?) just by starting a table and offering some ridiculous bet. Like playing me in poker, which I didn't even know if you actually can play poker. Can you? Seemed like a complete freeroll for u because you just know you will beat me on the app. How?

-was told by a player who beat you on the app, that you guys played on the app in front of one another, and you were 30x slower than the pace u normally play on the app which is extremely fast. He had played you before not in front of each other and lost. This is just what I was told. Have no proof

-all the sudden Jacklyn went from having no money (just what I heard) and playing 2$ a point and losing. To wanting to play everyone, posting large sums of money to do so, playing any stakes and beating supposedly everyone - oh this was after you guys started hanging out... U must be a really good coach? Or u are just playing for her? Or shared your app secrets? Or what?

I haven't been actively telling people that I think you are cheating somehow, I just answer my honest opinion when I'm asked. Which has been by about 20-30 different people in the last year, bc you try to play everyone. How good are you dude? Come play the big ofc games live I'm sure you will crush every session. Waiting in Bobby's room for u dude ����

I'll stick with my same old story, I think he's cheating somehow and I have no proof. Don't play him. Don't play Jacklyn. They are REALLY good at the app !

Unfortunately, there is no way to prove you are guilty of anything, and also no way for you to prove you are innocent. Before you went public, I was just trying to protect my friends who asked me for my honest opinion.
                                                                                Originally posted by relaxursoul
                                                                                I want to make it clear that when I stated that playing Jason live would not prove anything does not imply I would not play him. I would definitely play him, but I would much rather play him in a format that proves something. I don’t think that having communicated to Jason, “hey let’s play live so you can see I am not cheating” would have been effective, as his opinion probably would not have changed in a few live sessions had I won, and definitely would not have changed had I lost. Even had he changed his opinion and addressed it to the 20-30 people that he had told, it is unlikely that those 20-30 people would have subsequently told everyone that they had spread the news that I'm cheating to that Jason's opinion had changed. Therefore, the only way to address this whole problem was by going public. Consequently, I propose to Jason we play a 10k hand challenge at 100/pt. Fantasy lands would be considered extensional to each hand. I am willing to go to Florida or Las Vegas to play him face to face on the app. I can interchange accounts on app with him or make a new one. Jason has the burden of proof by telling 20-30 people I am cheating, however, I am proposing this challenge to try to disprove his conclusion. Also I want to make it clear that me looking like a live beginner was only during the PCA, I have played Natasha countless of times after the PCA and I am sure I am up points against her not counting the first time we played during PCA.
                                                                                Originally posted by relaxursoul
                                                                                I now propose a new LIVE challenge to Jason where we play a minimum of 2.5k hands (fantasy lands considered extensional to each hand, meaning that fantasy lands will not be considered a new hand and position will be kept) at a minimum of $100/pt with a $20k buyout clause. The 20k buyout clause would be escrowed to someone reputable upon agreement of the live challenge.

In order to play him at 100/pt or higher I will be selling some action since the variance in OFC is so huge. A general recommendation is to have 5000*stakes/pt bankroll.

I am willing to play live, but I prefer the app for the following obvious reasons:
                                                                                1. We can get in hand volume MUCH faster on the app
                                                                                2. The absence of rake
                                                                                3. Points are automatically logged in the app
                                                                                4. There are never any card dealing mistakes made by the software (such as an extra card being dealt in a pull or in fantasy land)
                                                                                5. In OFC, cards such as pairs, trips, or suited cards get grouped together, and very good shuffling is necessary to replicate a truly random distribution for the next hand (because of this, should the live challenge occur, we MUST have a shuffling machine and the dealer must wash the deck every hand)

In regards to Jason’s concern

I will never play OP on any app or computer in pineapple.

Whether we switch devices or play in front of one another

What u guys do not understand, is that if the app is compromised / manipulable... All u would have to have is one person on a computer (anywhere in the world) controlling who gets what cards while we sit in front of one another playing on the app
                                                                                One solution would be for him to get me a device with a new account on it. While playing on the app, the username is not shown unless you click on your profile picture to see your stats. As long as I don’t click that, there would be no way for me to know what the username is and then communicate it to a hacker on the other side of the world. Furthermore, if my play is recorded that can be proof of me never clicking on the profile picture. Although this sounds somewhat ridiculous and extreme, this would add the ability to play at a much faster pace and put in an even larger volume of hands.
                                                                                I will never play OP on any app or computer in pineapple.

Whether we switch devices or play in front of one another

What u guys do not understand, is that if the app is compromised / manipulable... All u would have to have is one person on a computer (anywhere in the world) controlling who gets what cards while we sit in front of one another playing on the app

These 2 people's replies honestly just make me think I'm right.

Oh, u wanna play me on the app still?? Lol and Jaclyn is willing to bet on Fernando? Give me a ****ing break...

I will play either of u in Bobby's room up to $1,000 a point - maybe bigger even if that interests u. I'm sure plenty of ppl would take action on my side

Come and get it

I'm sure they are both fairly decent now live, even if they were or are cheating on the app. It would be impossible to not become better at the game if you are playing it 24/7 (cheating or not)

Plz don't make me have to reply again. GG

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  Monkman gonna have to up his game here.
                                                                                  Bottled it

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                    Bottled it
                                                                                    He's carrying the other chumps.

Comment

Leicester turn heel.

Comment

I might have imagined it, but did someone here get tickets to see Hamilton in NYC? Anyone know the best place to source tickets?

Comment

...

Comment

They have, can't recall the outcome. Short term somewhat positive outcomes iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                              Bottled it
                                                                                              Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                              He's carrying the other chumps.
                                                                                              Its a great result because it means we get an exxtra episode of the Monk

Comment

I don't suppose anyone here has been looking at An Klondike on TG4? Irish TV drama that's about 50% as Gaeilge and the rest in English, with a bit of Native American language thrown in for good measure. Shot in the wilds of Connemara to stand in for northern Canada.

The 2nd season is a decent improvement over the 1st in terms of production value and the plot seems a bit tighter too. There's a significant chance that I'm overly impressed given my low expectations for Irish-filmed drama and my interest in something using the Irish language, plus I'll admit I know of a few of the people involved in the production, but I think it's pretty damn good.

Comment

light pain in chest which I thought was IBS/reflux flaring up but wife insisted I go to Doctor, 15 mile drive for 4.40pm appointment. It was my doctor from 25+ yrs ago. He was supposed to be retired but working on and late helping out other GP!
                                                                                                  Anyhow had chat, BP taken, heart listened to and an ECG done, thats scary real stuff when they eventually could get connectors to stick to hairy chest.
                                                                                                  OK I am sending you to Emergency dept he says!
                                                                                                  Wants full ECG, X Ray, Blood work done.
                                                                                                  Asked if I had a lift, I said no I would drive myself but of course I will stop if dizzy or in pain.
                                                                                                  Drive 13 miles to hospital and report to reception handing in letter from Doctor. Told to take a seat.
                                                                                                  Its now 5.45pm
                                                                                                  5 mins later I am wired up again getting BP done again and sent to another room where blood was taken ( 2 samples? ) and then a chest x ray along with numerous questions.
                                                                                                  Take a seat time
                                                                                                  Its now 6.45pm
                                                                                                  8pm doc comes back and all is well with heart but a bit of inflamation requiring 7 tablets

Back home to a relieved wife at 8.30

All travel and treatment by GP then Hospital done in less than 4 hrs. When NHS is on song its pretty damn good.

Comment

Has anyone ever statistically studied that 'ditch manager then win next match' phenomenon?
                                                                                                    Yes.

As the English Premier League kicks off again, the top three clubs have new managers. But, statistically speaking, do managers really make a difference to a team's performance?

Comment

Comment

Shit one. Mate of mines oul lad had a staph infection in his knee after surgery. Needed to get it scraped out. Hope your outcome is better!
                                                                                                        Self-diagnosis and all, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. If not MRSA specifically, some other staph stain. Hopefully nowhere near scraped out solutions, as its mostly external rather than inside my knee.
                                                                                                        I had some antibiotic cream handy so hopefully I caught it early.

Comment

Self-diagnosis and all, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. If not MRSA specifically, some other staph stain. Hopefully nowhere near scraped out solutions, as its mostly external rather than inside my knee.
                                                                                                          I had some antibiotic cream handy so hopefully I caught it early.
                                                                                                          Fingers crossed.

With my recent shoulder injury I've been trying to figure out how to not get fat and retain some of the strength I managed to have eeked out. Looks like some kettlebell stuff (left hand) and back to the... ugh... bike.
                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Ordered this as an appetizer at an incredible italian restaurant in seville yesterday. 16 euro in total.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

the guys who bought the Xiaomi phones from Aliexpress still happy with them? Thinking of getting one

Comment

Fingers crossed.

With my recent shoulder injury I've been trying to figure out how to not get fat and retain some of the strength I managed to have eeked out. Looks like some kettlebell stuff (left hand) and back to the... ugh... bike.
                                                                                                                    Kettlebells sounds like the answer alright. And also use it as an excuse to focus on cardio/fitness training.

Don't want to hit the one arm weights too hard and end up like this guy;
                                                                                                                    SPOILER

Comment

Kettlebells sounds like the answer alright. And also use it as an excuse to focus on cardio/fitness training.

Don't want to hit the one arm weights too hard and end up like this guy;
                                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Ha no danger. Ive just been informed of Belt Squats. Will be getting into them!

Comment

There's worse options than the leg press too. Assuming you can load the plates, (are you in a sling or anything?)

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X