This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deise supremacy.

Delightfully unexpected league campaign.

Most likely won't win the AI this year but that's a massive win and confidence boost for a very young team

Comment

Going to get a cup of tea and a brownie.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
        Going to get a cup of tea and a brownie.
        Just had a cuppa with cakes that my Mrs brought home from afternoon tea in the Shelbourne.
        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
          Something came up the other night (thurs) about Kate Middleton being about to pop.
          And the GF turns to me and says "did she not have the baby. I was sure she had a girl called Charlotte"
          I see today she's since had a girl. And Charlotte is in the running.
          Afaik the sex wasn't know beforehand, and thenGF wouldn't be one for reading gossip column name predictions.
          Should I fill the boots on the premonition.
          I was in the local last night and the royal baby conversation came up, one of the women said that she thought that she had a baby girl called Charlotte a couple of days ago.
          When we said that the baby was just born a few hours before and that the sex of the baby wasn't known (or at least made public) beforehand, she also thought that she must have dreamt it or something.
          Does your gf know where she heard about it? I know the woman can't figure it out at all but she was adamant that it was the same as what your gf said.
          Last edited by gorrrr72; 03-05-15, 19:56.

Comment

Any interest in a predictions comp for the Football / hurling championships ? Played around with a few formats and thinking about something like this:

Football:

Pick two teams to contest the 4 provincial finals and 4 teams you think will progress through the qualifiers to play the provincial final losers.( qualifier round 4a / 4b)

Points awarded as follows ;

Provincial final loser : 10 pts
            Provincial final winner : 20 pts
            Loser of qualifier round 4a / 4b : 25 pts
            Quarter final loser : 30 pts
            Semi final loser : 40 pts
            Runner up : 50 pts
            Champios: 75 pts

Hurling :

Pick two teams you think will contest the Leinster and Munster finals and the two Teams you think will progress through the qualifiers to play the losers of the Leinster / Munster finals ( quarter finals)

Points awarded as follows:

Losing Leinster / Munster finals : 10
            Leinster / munster champions : 20
            1/4 final losers : 30 pts
            Semi final losers : 40 pts
            Runner up : 50 pts
            Champions: 75 pts

Was thinking € 20 per entry and doing it on a trust basis like Flushdraws Irish open comp. Open to suggestions on entry fee / format.

Thank this post if you would have an interest in entering and if there is enough interest I will open a new thread.

Comment

Anyone been looking into the referendum turn out line of 50.5%? Or the constituency in Dublin to have the highest yes vote?

Speaking of the gays, I was informed last night that our IPB's beloved Dragon is no longer. It has another name now and is no longer a gay bar.

Comment

I'd imagine the couple of hundred grand makes things easier but playing 18 holes for 3rd place playoff the same day after getting knocked out must be shit!
                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  Anyone been looking into the referendum turn out line of 50.5%? Or the constituency in Dublin to have the highest yes vote?

Havent any facts or stats but I'd say Dun Laoghaire is a good bet for biggest yes vote. They always tow the Government line and they should have a big turn out which should favour the yes vote (imo). What price are they as a matter of interest?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Speaking of the gays, I was informed last night that our IPB's beloved Dragon is no longer. It has another name now and is no longer a gay bar.
                    It's gone a few months now, new place is quite nice, I remember I was in there just after it opened and there was clearly a lost discombobulated old regular from the previous place propping up the bar (it was also a bit smoky in the place as the builder had installed the extractor fan for the kitchen the wrong way around)
                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 03-05-15, 20:22.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFX3w15yRCk
                      Last edited by SatNav; 03-05-15, 20:33.
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                        I'd imagine the couple of hundred grand makes things easier but playing 18 holes for 3rd place playoff the same day after getting knocked out must be shit!
                        120k to ensure the TV coverage has something to fill in the quiet times during the final is adequate compensation.

Funking Willet to get it done. Furyk just doesn't give up though.

McIlroy has the final in the bag. Confidence overcoming his tiredness and the putts are dropping.
                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Got a nice pork belly recipe off Yummly, followed it to the letter. Recipe was based on a full piece of meat, but I had seven 1" pieces. Didn't adjust for it. Between going out to get marinade ingredients, marinating and cooking, the whole thing took six hours.

They were awesome.

Awesome if awesome meant you lived in Gaza and were short on projectiles.
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Furyk v mcilroy would have been a good final. Pity this lacks any excitement. Didnt see any of the late round last night I'm sure that was pretty good v Casey.

Yeah it just looks like this sort of endurance has been a bit too much for Woodland
                            airport, lol

Comment

Looks like Jim McGrath sucking hard on Grandpa's old cough medicine this evening...

‏@McGracing
                              "British Racing, replete with self preening gimmicks/race changes, but our SPORT, save these "imperatives"is, bar P. Nicholls, second rate."
                              Last edited by kpnuts; 03-05-15, 20:42. Reason: big fail at embedding tweet!

Comment

My brother ran the limerick marathon today for the Irish heart foundation, fair feckin play to him, very proud of him i am.

Joggers nipple is a thing.

SPOILER
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Furyk v mcilroy would have been a good final. Pity this lacks any excitement. Didnt see any of the late round last night I'm sure that was pretty good v Casey.

Yeah it just looks like this sort of endurance has been a bit too much for Woodland
                                  How was the holiday Eamo? Quick Trip report?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                    How was the holiday Eamo? Quick Trip report?
                                    I don't really do trip reports. beautiful place though great for a cheap holiday. Eating and drinking is ridiculously cheap. Went to ome of the islands not hvar though as the ferry was at 8:30 the day we planned it and we only got in at like 7. Split is really cool though. Not much happening in Zadar. Standard of women is out of this world
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Casey just couldn't get away from McIlroy. It was intriguing as there was an almost inevitability and calmness that he was going to get it done even if he was only playing his B game. Its that mental edge which is huge for McIlroy now.

Yeah the real final was against Furyk IMO.
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Snooker delivers.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                          My brother ran the limerick marathon today for the Irish heart foundation, fair feckin play to him, very proud of him i am.

SPOILER
                                          Fuckin hell how did he finish with that going on? Pain must have been excruciating.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                            Snooker delivers.
                                            Really can't say enough about Bingham, he's got some heart

Comment

I don't really do trip reports. beautiful place though great for a cheap holiday. Eating and drinking is ridiculously cheap. Went to ome of the islands not hvar though as the ferry was at 8:30 the day we planned it and we only got in at like 7. Split is really cool though. Not much happening in Zadar. Standard of women is out of this world
                                              Cool. Everyone I know that's been to Croatia has had good things to say about it. Might have to add it to the list of places to visit. Was it a lads hol or with herself? Gf wouldn't be into beaches and sun holidays and prefers to explore cities and see sights, plenty to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                Fuckin hell how did he finish with that going on? Pain must have been excruciating.
                                                I pointed it out to him, he didnt know. When he got it the bath after he said he felt it all right !
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                  Really can't say enough about Bingham, he's got some heart
                                                  Where it came from I don't know. Been grinding a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                    Cool. Everyone I know that's been to Croatia has had good things to say about it. Might have to add it to the list of places to visit. Was it a lads hol or with herself? Gf wouldn't be into beaches and sun holidays and prefers to explore cities and see sights, plenty to do?
                                                    There is no herself just with lads. Wouldn't be into beaches or anything myself but it appears to cater for both plenty to see and do but the beaches are there if ya fancy that. Gets pretty busy in July August apparently and theres a few festivals on around that time too which a pretty good apparently. Would easily cater for lads holiday or with gf.
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Snooker delivers.
                                                      And to think you said it was dead.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                        that's my m8's Da in the background, the tall black fella
                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

There is no herself just with lads. Wouldn't be into beaches or anything myself but it appears to cater for both plenty to see and do but the beaches are there if ya fancy that. Gets pretty busy in July August apparently and theres a few festivals on around that time too which a pretty good apparently. Would easily cater for lads holiday or with gf.
                                                          Cool cheers. Might say it to her for next year. This summer is already taken care of.

Comment

This is getting a bit interesting
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                              that's my m8's Da in the background, the tall black fella
                                                              Did you know what he was wearing?

Comment

This is getting a bit interesting
                                                                BBV 'd the cunt.
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

I'm no fan of these nonsense shows but Mrs Laz called me in earler to take a look at this, it's pretty good in fairness.....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                    Havent any facts or stats but I'd say Dun Laoghaire is a good bet for biggest yes vote. They always tow the Government line and they should have a big turn out which should favour the yes vote (imo). What price are they as a matter of interest?
                                                                    Top 3 contenders are:

Dun Laoghaire
                                                                    7/4

Dublin South
                                                                    9/4

Dublin South-East
                                                                    3/1

Comment

I pointed it out to him, he didnt know. When he got it the bath after he said he felt it all right !
                                                                      Thats odd, I get that if I'm not wearing a tight top and it is the most agonizing thing.
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Chelski won the title and my wee lad has been in great form all day. I hope to god these two things are not related. In fairness to him though he cheers all goals from all teams as long as the crowd prompt him to do so. He got tired watching the barca game.

Comment

Thank you Ole.

Thank you.

Comment

Every since Hearn took over and expanded the tour Bingham has been there or thereabouts, he plays every week. He has played something like 130/140 matches this season alone. That kind of match practice will bring you on no end

Comment

Every since Hearn took over and expanded the tour Bingham has been there or thereabouts, he plays every week. He has played something like 130/140 matches this season alone. That kind of match practice will bring you on no end
                                                                              24 tournaments, 119 matches and won 85 of them (765 frames played in total)

Picked up 3 titles along the way (from 3 finals)

He's like a Pokerstars Supernova grinder!

Comment

I heard it mentioned in commentary during the match against Judd that his improvement has coincided with his introduction to SightRight. On the website it says SightRight consists of unique coaching routines and SightRight cue technology. He does seem to have been somewhat of a journey man pro before joining forces wit them.

Over the last 15 years SightRight has become the World’s leading specialist snooker coach on the World Snooker circuit.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                  I was in the local last night and the royal baby conversation came up, one of the women said that she thought that she had a baby girl called Charlotte a couple of days ago.
                                                                                  When we said that the baby was just born a few hours before and that the sex of the baby wasn't known (or at least made public) beforehand, she also thought that she must have dreamt it or something.
                                                                                  Does your gf know where she heard about it? I know the woman can't figure it out at all but she was adamant that it was the same as what your gf said.
                                                                                  She's no idea. It wouldn't get much coverage here in the media, and my GF wouldn't bother with any royal clickbait on facebook or anything.
                                                                                  That's two premonitions, royal booties filled.

Comment

Kept seeing that 'Religilous' doc pop up on Netflix but for some reason confused Bill Maher with Fox News' Bill O'Reilly so never watched it, because O'Reilly is a cunt, and I assumed it would tilt me too much.

It's really good, enjoyable stuff for an atheist.

Not exactly sure how the play on words went over my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                      Kept seeing that 'Religilous' doc pop up on Netflix but for some reason confused Bill Maher with Fox News' Bill O'Reilly so never watched it, because O'Reilly is a cunt, and I assumed it would tilt me too much.

It's really good, enjoyable stuff for an atheist.

Not exactly sure how the play on words went over my head.
                                                                                      Bill Maher is a liberal Bill O'Reilly

Just because I agree with some of his sentiments doesn't excuse the fact that he is as reactionary as O'Reilly and Fox News and just as generally deplorable
                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Just downloaded montage of heck and was gonna save it for tomorrow night but can't so settling in to watch it now. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Fact

Comment

I'm no fan of these nonsense shows but Mrs Laz called me in earler to take a look at this, it's pretty good in fairness.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EZiNaJhJm8
                                                                                            At a guess, five 80's bboys

Probably dressed like this bitd

Always find it funny how younger people look at older people with regard to music etc, especially the little fucks in Nirvana t-shirts (or us lot looking at our parents funny while listening to the stones/dylan etc)

Comment

...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                Winning 'Love Rat' headline in The Sun today!
                                                                                                When are you going to finish pointless sheep?
                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                        Bill Maher is a liberal Bill O'Reilly

Just because I agree with some of his sentiments doesn't excuse the fact that he is as reactionary as O'Reilly and Fox News and just as generally deplorable
                                                                                                        My take on him so far is he's spot on. Religion deserves ridicule imo, it's the single biggest thing curtailing societal development.

This line was great 'A Jewish carpenter? C'Mon, how ridiculous is that? Jews hire carpenters'

Comment

My take on him so far is he's spot on. Religion deserves ridicule imo, it's the single biggest thing curtailing societal development.

This line was great 'A Jewish carpenter? C'Mon, how ridiculous is that? Jews hire carpenters'
                                                                                                          Always harder to spot a dickhead when you agree with what he says. But in terms of his delivery: he is as much of a reactionary as O'Reilly
                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Big fan of him myself at the start but the more you see of him the worse he comes across

Comment

...

Comment

Religiosity is very good though. How can you be a reactionary liberal? A reactionary con like O'Reilly is always trying to say how you / society should be morally controlled. What does a reactionary liberal try to do on the opposite extreme side?
                                                                                                                That's precisely what liberals do?

Comment

Shipping a horse tourney well after I started drinking makes me invincible, surely?!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                    That's precisely what liberals do?
                                                                                                                    Is intolerance of the intolerant intolerance?

Comment

Liberals say you shouldn't be racist, homophobic, xenophobic etc..

Right wing conservatives say it's morally fine to hold such views.

Both groups proselytize their viewpoints but that's just semantics.

Liberal proselytizing is quite obviously on the correct side of what's moral.

Comment

Off to the leaba, but wanna leave you with one cracker of a quote from Reigilous.

'What happened in Gomorrah, stayed in Gomorrah'

Comment

A reactionary con like O'Reilly is always trying to say how you / society should be morally controlled. What does a reactionary liberal try to do on the opposite extreme side?
                                                                                                                          They do the exact same, the views are are the opposite end of the spectrum, but the knee jerk appeal to the latest media frenzy is the same.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X