This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHD View Post
    It isn't noise though, its a big possibility. Cook doesn't promote or talk shit. Aldo will agree to it. Would be his biggest ever payday, pretty sure he isn't rich yet. UFC do what makes the most $$$ and very few of their fighters are rolling in the monies.

Agree it is pretty unlikely to have the fight here when he is the challenger but they are bringing whoever is WW champ to Canada to face a Canadian next year. Probably done it to others before.
    You obviously never heard him when he was with City. Man talks a lot of shite. He was not popular with city supporters.
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
      The most enjoyable part of interstellar was the piss afterwards
      Didn't enjoy it at all?
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

The most enjoyable part of interstellar was the piss afterwards
        Most of the reviews I've read (other than here)have been very down on it. Was almost taken by the hype, but I just know I don't do 3 hour movies. The Godfather, and Godfather 2 are the exceptions
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
          You obviously never heard him when he was with City. Man talks a lot of shite. He was not popular with city supporters.
          I know his history in football. Hasn't spoofed/speculated about stuff whilst with the UFC. Maybe now that he is comfortable in his job he might begin to but he hasn't yet.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I know this is still a long shot but have the GAA commented on what would happen if Cratloe made both club finals? In the Munster Hurling Final after today and in the Football Semi Final next weekend so 5 games away at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Haven't had to turn on the heating in two years and apartment is always deliciously warm.
                Reminds me of the Ballymun flats, though I'd imagine your lifts work, and don't have a few cms of piss in them

Comment

Honourable mention to a freezing cold Moro bar.

Comment

Maybe spoiled myself for it by watching such a great film (the Babadook) the night before. Lots of stuff drawn out longer than it needed to be, music overblown organ drama very few scenes. Not enough planet scenes for me, wasn't horrible but seemed very self indulgent. 6/10 would say
                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                        I know this is still a long shot but have the GAA commented on what would happen if Cratloe made both club finals? In the Munster Hurling Final after today and in the Football Semi Final next weekend so 5 games away at this stage.
                        If they do win the Munster hurling they play the Down champs in a semi final of the all Ireland so in effect one game less for them to worry bout

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          First to be whacked tonight:

SPOILER
                          Elmo imo

Ludicrous prop bets welcome
                          One of me faverit characters
                          SPOILER
                          Aido gonna get japped

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                            If they do win the Munster hurling they play the Down champs in a semi final of the all Ireland so in effect one game less for them to worry bout
                            4 games away then. Be some craic if the GAA told them they had to play the finals back to back on Paddy's day! Though obviously one would be switched.

Comment

Love hate

SPOILER
                              That Terence chap is not good at whatever nidge impersonation he is doing. Looks like CHD on the money

Comment

Maybe spoiled myself for it by watching such a great film (the Babadook) the night before. Lots of stuff drawn out longer than it needed to be, music overblown organ drama very few scenes. Not enough planet scenes for me, wasn't horrible but seemed very self indulgent. 6/10 would say
                                First person I've seen that hasn't liked it.
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Re-watching 'The West Wing' for the first time. Didn't notice before that Peggy from 'Mad Men' was the actor that played the presidents daughter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elisabeth_Moss

Comment

Love/Hate

SPOILER
                                    How do the cops not mention Fran being on the run.

Trish or Siobhan to die please

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                      One of me faverit characters
                                      SPOILER
                                      Aido gonna get japped
                                      Been saying this since last year, I think the whole thing ends next year with

SPOILER
                                      Aido killing Nidge. edit, or your right and Fran kills him tonight :-)
                                      Last edited by nicnicnic; 09-11-14, 22:07.

Comment

It isn't noise though, its a big possibility. Cook doesn't promote or talk shit. Aldo will agree to it. Would be his biggest ever payday, pretty sure he isn't rich yet. UFC do what makes the most $$$ and very few of their fighters are rolling in the monies.

Agree it is pretty unlikely to have the fight here when he is the challenger but they are bringing whoever is WW champ to Canada to face a Canadian next year. Probably done it to others before.
                                        Would be fairly surprised if they actually go with doing it here. The UFC will make the most money doing it on ppv on US time. Doing it at the aviva you're looking at 40000 ticket sales at 100 euro a pop and that's the bulk of your income as running a midnight event in dublin to get on US time ain't gonna happen so dramatically reduced ppv sales.

Doing it in the states = 2 million plus in ticket sales and a min of 500000 ppv buys at 50 dollars a pop

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                          Listening to a podcast which has the opening question of what is the best chocolate bar. Few different options fired about but the best shout from them imo is a drifter. I always like drifter alot but havent had one in ages and don't know why I don't go for them more. Tomorrow will be a drifter day.

Opr
                                          Bought a four pack of Wispa's in the supermarket earlier. There is only one left in the fridge now. The only thing holding me back is guilt. Can't see it lasting the night though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                            Would be fairly surprised if they actually go with doing it here. The UFC will make the most money doing it on ppv on US time. Doing it at the aviva you're looking at 40000 ticket sales at 100 euro a pop and that's the bulk of your income as running a midnight event in dublin to get on US time ain't gonna happen so dramatically reduced ppv sales.

Doing it in the states = 2 million plus in ticket sales and a min of 500000 ppv buys at 50 dollars a pop
                                            Apparently they are desperate to do a big title fight in Europe and ''expand the brand''.

The buyrate would be interesting if he headlined in Vegas. The buyrate if here would be affected obv, must check the effect it usually has. They don't need to fill the card with top guys. McGregor sells the main event and they fill the card with the Irish and a couple of decent fights. Doesn't have to be one of their big PPV's. They'll make monies and answer questions they have.

It won't happen though cause I want it to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                              Bought a four pack of Wispa's in the supermarket earlier. There is only one left in the fridge now. The only thing holding me back is guilt. Can't see it lasting the night though.
                                              The Rigger is a savage man for the auld Wispas. You're in good company.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

How long will it take for the current Love/Hate to hit the RTE player?

Comment

Fucking hell.

Comment

LOL Finkle will have loved that
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Fucking hell.
                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Wow.

Fucking Hell #2

Comment

Fuck me
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

SPOILER
                                                              That's the end of that then!

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                All three of them could be alive or dead. Writers leaving themselves outs.

Comment

Don't rate Siobhan's acting.
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                    lolwut...Siobhan and Nidge are 1.000000000001 dead

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                      Fran will be alive, other two could be too. Why doesn't he shoot him in the head ffs. Obv deliberate by the writers but keeping a secret in this country will be impossible. Where the fuck do they go from here and have it make sense. Madness.

The shoes make me think he is dead. The writer has been getting into foreshadowing and symbolism this series.

Comment

I thought she was one of the better ones, seemed a bit busy auditioning for a film role tonight.
                                                                        The lad playing Aido was the standout supporting part player in the whole thing, never missed a beat. Elmo was very good too. All the cops were terribad.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                          Fran will be alive, other two could be too. Why doesn't he shoot him in the head ffs. Obv deliberate by the writers but keeping a secret in this country will be impossible. Where the fuck do they go from here and have it make sense. Madness.

The shoes make me think he is dead. The writer has been getting into foreshadowing and symbolism this series.
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          Just how obvious do people need it, Nidge and Siobhan are 100% dead

Comment

Was having few drinks last week with few mates and other havles nattering about fav scenes
                                                                            i said mine was
                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                            when aidos budgie died from the cold and he was rubbing it
                                                                            one of the lads joked
                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                            when siobhan was getting raped was hot as hell
                                                                            went down like alead balloon

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                              Just how obvious do people need it, Nidge and Siobhan are 100% dead
                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                              It isn't always that simple but yeah Siobhan is gone

Both will be on set next year to wrap up so there will be speculation. He took two bullets, ya never know. Hopefully he survives for the sake of the show.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                It isn't always that simple but yeah Siobhan is gone

Both will be on set next year to wrap up so there will be speculation. He took two bullets, ya never know. Hopefully he survives for the sake of the show.
                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                That's up there with the 'Heisenberg didn't die, Season 6 of BB might happen' speculation. If he's alive after someone trying to murder him at point blank range when he's defenseless its ridiculous and they're playing people for fools

Comment

Love/Hate took its time but it got there in the end.

Now thats over, i can show potato 3, today was fondant potato, basically a poached spud after frying one side.

It was a winner imo.

The slow cooker wasn't though, got one yesterday and tried housekeepers cut in it, 8 hours later it was just as tough as it would have been for 90mins in an over, live and learn etc, was still tasty though.

SPOILER

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                    That's up there with the 'Heisenberg didn't die, Season 6 of BB might happen' speculation. If he's alive after someone trying to murder him at point blank range when he's defenseless its ridiculous and they're playing people for fools
                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                    2 to the head would have ended all speculation, why not do that then from the writers ?
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                      Nidge is dead and better off. They have form for killing off protagonists and changing direction of show. A series with Fran and Aido as leads is exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        I agree but this shit does happen. He should be lying there with his brains blown out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did a poxy role reversal and stuck Nidge in a bed for a whole season while Tommy takes over since he has nothing left except his kid.

Comment

when will it be on RTE player anybody know?

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                            is there definitely another season? Thought that was it done. Was based too much around nidge they would have to have done something with other characters aido/elmo to take over. Nidge is very obviously dead he daft cunts
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Fuck off you cunts, I have to wait until it's up on kick arse.

Comment

Holy Jaysis. That was awesome.
                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                  Holy Jaysis. That was awesome.
                                                                                                  Cheers buddy, but there only spuds...

Did you catch Jules fri night ? Brian Ferry as sexy as ever.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                    Fucking pavee bastards. Cunts in real life, cunts on telly!

Comment

love/hate ?

SPOILER
                                                                                                      Why was Aido cleaning his gaff ?

Comment

Lovin/Hatin
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        Janet first to die imo
                                                                                                        Good shout dude

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                        Cheers buddy, but there only spuds...

Did you catch Jules fri night ? Brian Ferry as sexy as ever.

Yeah, I had a weird experience of watching it with me Ma.

She was babysitting for us and was still up when we got home, sat there until 2.30am enjoying the tunes with her, me gargled and her knitting. Was bizarre but fun.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                                                          love/hate ?

SPOILER
                                                                                                          Why was Aido cleaning his gaff ?
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          De Phi gives ye de cleanin buzz

Comment

Cold beef and horseradish sauce is mighty tasty.

Watching The Blind Side, about time i think, have it for the last 2 years, hope i dont cry too much.
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

LH

SPOILER
                                                                                                              The scene with Aido and Nadine was hilarious. Great chemistry between the two of them, 'They wouldn't fuckin pay ye' 'Fuck you'

Comment

Meh! Love Hate

SPOILER
                                                                                                                In other stories even though often the main characters do awful things and are awful people like Henry Hill in Goodfellas the writing finds a way into the character. Even the scenes leading up to Nidge's death seemed to make sure the viewer could find no redeemable qualities in him leaving the viewer completely unable to relate to him on any level. As such if they had killed him in a low key way which befitted what had gone before I would have been happy but to use it as a huge season finale seemed to glorify something the viewer shouldn't really give two shits about by now.

Personally I didn't really feel anything towards the ending. Generally when you have main characters being killed in a big ending like that it stirs real emotion but I just thought Meh as it was happening. A complete cunt got shot, who cares?

Opr

Comment

Fuck this.
                                                                                                                  Gnite! See ye bright and early.
                                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                                    De Phi gives ye de cleanin buzz

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    Don't follow it as closely as others but just assumed it was cos he did Janet no?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                      Love/Hate took its time but it got there in the end.

Now thats over, i can show potato 3, today was fondant potato, basically a poached spud after frying one side.

It was a winner imo.
                                                                                                                      Great potato chronicles oleras.
                                                                                                                      Will you me turning this into a week long spudventure?

Comment

Does Fran
                                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                                        play snooker?

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        He does in his hoop!

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                          I absolutely 100% loved it because advertising is a good product. I got excited about it with customers. I can have a job selling pinergy in the morning. i do not like it , nothing to get excited about.
                                                                                                                          Michele, advertising, particularly print advertising is a fucking horrible soul destroying thing.
                                                                                                                          You are better off out of it, I did 5 years for indo (directory) and it killed me inside
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X