X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
    lol i think you're right
    LOL is right, I was just about to say you're spot on and then thought Kerry didn't play Donegal this year.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
      See he does some wallpaper, had been thinking recently about getting some of my photos done up in wallpaper but would need to see a sample before I even think about moving on with it.
      I have one of your photos on an Aluminum print, worked absolutely fantastically. So sharp.

In background of this pic!

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
        LOL is right, I was just about to say you're spot on and then thought Kerry didn't play Donegal this year.
        Ha I had some memory of dublin beating donegal to relegate them. Turns out it was a draw and... errr... a year earlier. http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football...onegal-dublin/

My finger isn't really on the pulse of what's happening in gaelic football

Comment

Jennifer Lawrence nude pics leaked onto the auld interwebs now..

Needless to say nsfw
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
            I utterly love Gaelic football and hurling. Hope Kerry do it in the final because ever since 2009 I have just got the utmost respect for Kerry and their fans. Also happy that Donegal won today playing great football and not a repeat of that 2011 fiasco. If you have to lose it's better to lose to an awesome team like that. A lot of people forget how close Kerry and Mayo came to beating Dublin in the Championship last year. Dublin are an incredible team but there are 4 really amazing teams in Ireland right now. Mayo with a better manager (Horan's in-game management cost them an All Ireland last year), Kerry, Dublin and Donegal. Dublin could win 3 of the next 5 titles this decade but they could also fail to win another one depending on how those 3 other teams progress.

It's hard to see your team lose but Kerry lost last year at the same stage and now they're back in a final, Donegal the same. Next year we go again. Dub Stars game over Xmas and then onto the league. I hope to God they let us play a game outside Croker next year though. I would love to go to Navan or Drogheda of Wexford Park.
            Anyone give me a quick run down of the 2011 fiasco? Am I right in saying it's something to do with people having issues about all the hand-passing Donegal did?
            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Anyone else see a resemblance between denny crane and Kolo Toure? Third twin is driving the 126 bus regularly.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                I have one of your photos on an Aluminum print, worked absolutely fantastically. So sharp.

In background of this pic!

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...3&postcount=48
                Did you not get it done on canvas also? Any chance when you get a minute you can stick up a close up of the aluminium print? I've seen them mentioned but not seen one up close must look into it, photographer I follow talks about them being fantastic. What was the cost?
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Dublin are the best team ive ever seen one bad day at the office doesnt change that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      https://analytics.twitter.com is quite interesting. You need to go there once to set it up, also have to turn off adblock for the web domain, and then from now on you get analytics on views and interaction with your posts.

Seem to have a standard 200 engagement - i.e. 200 people actually see the average tweet sent. Biggest was 1,100 people for some random story about why the Indo editor resigned. Next biggest at 900 was subtly calling new EU president a racist. Only been tracking for three days though. Really need to up the actual financial posting.
                      Try blatantly calling him a racist and report back.
                      Perhaps I should take over your social media presence.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                        Anyone give me a quick run down of the 2011 fiasco? Am I right in saying it's something to do with people having issues about all the hand-passing Donegal did?
                        Dublin won by 0-8 to 0-6 in the most defensive game of all time

Comment

Donegal played the most defensive system ever deployed in Croke Park. It was a horrid game to watch and they scored 6 points to Dublin's 8. That score line would be a reasonably quiet first half of a provincial championship game, not an all Ireland semi final over 70 mins.

This Donegal team are a LONG way from that one.
                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Donegal played the most defensive system ever deployed in Croke Park.
                            @jamfly ...This includes games played 2008-09 there under trapattoni

Comment

Donegal played the most defensive system ever deployed in Croke Park. It was a horrid game to watch and they scored 6 points to Dublin's 8. That score line would be a reasonably quiet first half of a provincial championship game, not an all Ireland semi final over 70 mins.

This Donegal team are a LONG way from that one.
                              Where do you think it went wrong for the Dublin team today? I remember after 25mins when Dublin were taking incredible scores thinking how on earth are Donegal going to keep up with them.

Donegal started the 2nd half like they did each game in 2012, put a lot of scores on the board and blitzed their teams for around 10-15mins.

Comment

Fair enough, 8 points to 6 sounds a bit horrid alright. Some soccer heads had given me the impression it was a case of people lamenting about this new style Donegal played because they didn't like change. Are there any Barcelona/tika-taka comparisons or is that just a lazy soundbite?
                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

On Route and En Route are one of the more annoying mistakes people make on social media.
                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Fair play to Donegal better side in both games today. We just had to many players under perform on the one day. McGuinness is a tactical genius and their supporters were great even whe losing in the first half.

Donegal will now have played ( won ?) 2 finals , a semi final and a quarter final in the last 4 years, surely time the county was divided and put two teams in to give the rest of poor souls a chance! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                      Fucking hell. And I was happy having a tenner on Donegal at 13/2. If you are serious well done. I love hearing about bets like this.

Dublin over hyped as usual. Anyone who claims football isn't entertaining needs to watch the three semi finals. Absolutely cracking games. And the fact the two underdogs came through makes it better imo. Would have loved a Kerry Dublin final but just delighted to be there.
                                      Dublin were not overhyped, Donegal may have been underhyped though.
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                        Where do you think it went wrong for the Dublin team today? I remember after 25mins when Dublin were taking incredible scores thinking how on earth are Donegal going to keep up with them.

Donegal started the 2nd half like they did each game in 2012, put a lot of scores on the board and blitzed their teams for around 10-15mins.
                                        O'Gara hand pass to Brogan, O'Gara hand pass to Costello and Connolly from Costello. Three gilt edged goal chances. Any of which put Dublin out of sight and make Donegal think Dublin can get through them but every time Dublin missed a chance it made Donegal believe. Dublin scored some wonderful scores early on but they were calm and believed in their system. Ultimately Donegal held true to their system for longer and with more intensity than Dublin did.

Honestly believe if Dublin take a goal chance in that period then they go on to win the game but the longer the game went on without a goal the more frustrated Dublin got and Donegal were ruthless. It was really impressive and really difficult to do. Genuinely believe Donegal were the only team capable of it.

Fair enough, 8 points to 6 sounds a bit horrid alright. Some soccer heads had given me the impression it was a case of people lamenting about this new style Donegal played because they didn't like change. Are there any Barcelona/tika-taka comparisons or is that just a lazy soundbite?
                                        Lazy sound bite.
                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                          Did you not get it done on canvas also? Any chance when you get a minute you can stick up a close up of the aluminium print? I've seen them mentioned but not seen one up close must look into it, photographer I follow talks about them being fantastic. What was the cost?
                                          Think it cost me about £30 - I used picanova.

Some quick snaps on imgur - http://imgur.com/a/bNqH9

Zoomed in on Messrs to show the clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post

When they stopped trying to pick off points from the 45 and started carrying the ball into the tackle imo. O Gara not going for goal himself and Donegal getting a goal shortly after were big turning points.

Donegal being in front at half time and getting early scores in the second half meant Dublin had to chase it and Donegal were brilliant on the break with so many Dublin players sucked into attack.

It's probably the end of the road for Alan brogan but with U21's like Conor mchugh and Ciaran Kilkenny to come back Dublin will be thereabouts for the foreseeable future. Replacing Cluxton when he calls it a day will be the biggest challenge into the future.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                              Dublin were not overhyped, Donegal may have been underhyped though.
                                              Really??

Comment

Really??
                                                They have lost 1 game in the hardest province and 3 games in the championship overall in 4 years but were 7/1 outsiders today. After every final the pundits always say the winner will go on to dominate for the next few years. Clare hurlers being a case in point. It rarely happens , back to back titles are just so hard to do.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                  They have lost 1 game in the hardest province and 3 games in the championship overall in 4 years but were 7/1 outsiders today. After every final the pundits always say the winner will go on to dominate for the next few years. Clare hurlers being a case in point. It rarely happens , back to back titles are just so hard to do.
                                                  I know, turn on yer sarcasm detector. I was taking the piss, of course they were underhyped. That is why I had a little tenner on them. They always seem to turn up for big games, whether they win or not they are always competitive.

Comment

I know, turn on yer sarcasm detector. I was taking the piss, of course they were underhyped. That is why I had a little tenner on them. They always seem to turn up for big games, whether they win or not they are always competitive.
                                                    Been a long day, missed it!

Comment

If there's a funnier video on the internet I haven't seen it yet. Does your man remind anyone else of Corbett?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Really??
                                                        I have little time for your sarcasm
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                          Think it cost me about £30 - I used picanova.

Some quick snaps on imgur - http://imgur.com/a/bNqH9

Zoomed in on Messrs to show the clarity.
                                                          That looks pretty good, only a tiny bit of crop on the top. Cheers man appreciate it.
                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Comment

Got three nice pale ales for tonight. An English one (Shepherd Neame is surprisingly decent), an Irish one and a top class American one. Quality sipping, and a tribute to our nation's endeavors to travel the world in search of more beer.

Just opened the last one now with a bit of a sigh as its the last beer until New Years (well it might actually be a month or two longer).

Bit of a longstanding plan - since February this year - to not drink over the dark months, as found myself getting ridiculously depressed last winter (depressed with a small 'd' in fairness, but still very much out of sorts). Fairly common, think its upwards of 20% of northerly Northern hemisphere people who get depressed in winter. Guessing that drinking a depressant in addition to being depressed hardly helps matters.

Quite excited about this. Have always got depressed in winter but never done anything about it. Seems like a newfound maturity. Have the lux lamp to replicate sunlight (Hotspur, I refuse to accept any 'its a placebo' arguments), have the non-drinking thing, have the vitamins and healthy eating thing, will now - thanks to bbv - have the frozen egg muffins with delicious frozen bacon. It'll be interesting to see if it makes any difference.

Hallelujah!
                                                              One of the only things I remember of my study of sociology is that there's no statistical proof that depression is actually related to the season. Actually, it's probably suicide they were talking about tbf. There's also the question of when people say depression, does it mean actual clinical depression or feeling down.

Anyway yeah, the summer weather definitely makes it so much easier to feel good, so taking steps to help maintain that feeling in the winter is def a good thing.
                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Comment

Unfortunately soya milk tastes like muck on cereal.
                                                                  True, but no need to drink soya milk if lactose intolerant. I currently eat Rice Krispies for breakfast and, as I too am lactose intolerant, use this:

Comment

Rosenthal is the man in terms of seasonal affective disorder (SAD; although this is a clinical depression much more severe than 'winter blues' which is widely experienced). Its definitely not a sociology topic imo; pure psychology surely. Tonnes of research linking weather to well-being, fairly certain its de facto shown to be the case.

Favourite study in the area (did my PhD linking weather-based mood influences to stock prices) is of some poor researcher in Melbourne who spent 10 years tracking SAD in the Melbourne population. He concluded his study saying we didn't find a single person with SAD and then said 'its probably because the weather here is so nice here'. Hardly the most productive use of 10 years of your life, unless being cited on bbv is a life ambition.
                                                                    Yeah tbf, I think it was more mentioned in a research context than specifically looking at the subject from a sociological pov. That Melbourne study may have been referenced too actually, sounds familiar. Suicide rates in young males in the West of Ireland was definitely mentioned too (apparently there's nothing to back up that theory either, but tbh, this is a passing comment I half remember so needless to say don't put much weight in what I say).

Moving to Australia or California is probably the way to go tbh. You'd just be happy every day. Simple as that really.
                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Gotta embrace winter, I love it
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Losing the shoes was clearly a losing stuff lowpoint.
                                                                          Was getting the bus to work this morning at about 4am from o connell st, was standing just by the small garda station when some fella runs across the road and looks at the station and roars "FUCK YOU" then proceeds to take off his shoe and fires it at the station. Off he walks on one shoe then.
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Smoothies are another thing I'd massively recommend for breakfast. But it's really a thing of personal taste so mightn't be everyone's cup of tea.
                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

oh the awfulness of summer's excesses was clearly a confirming factor in the decision. fck that was an absolute mess. Just did a body count and in the space of a week or so (can't quite remember) managed to lose:

1. Phone
                                                                              2. Tablet
                                                                              3. Vape
                                                                              4. Jacket
                                                                              5. Shoes

Losing the shoes was clearly a losing stuff lowpoint.
                                                                              Seems to me like you should stop drinking/drug taking at all times of the year.

Comment

Happy winter everyone

Watch the official music video for Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day from the album American Idiot.🔔 Subscribe to the channel: https://www.youtube...
                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Aren't smoothies mainly sugar? I mean, I often eat mainly sugar for breakfasst but not in smoothie form, find them gank. Just think people are kidding themselves when they think they are a healthier option.

tbh, I regret this post as really I just want to hear about how hitch lost his shoes.

Comment

Going to burn down a petrol station tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                      Aren't smoothies mainly sugar? I mean, I often eat mainly sugar for breakfasst but not in smoothie form, find them gank. Just think people are kidding themselves when they think they are a healthier option.

tbh, I regret this post as really I just want to hear about how hitch lost his shoes.
                                                                                      yeah they're high in sugar. Again it depends, but if you're referring to the type of people that think chocolate raisins are a super healthy snack, then yeah, people like that are kidding themselves. It does all depend on what you want to get out of a breakfast. If you look at it under the blanket term of 'healthy' breakfast, it's hard to go wrong with scrambled eggs or porridge. But healthy is always a bit of a misleading term, so it does go back to what your goals are and what you want to achieve from your breakfast.

Anyway enough of that, hitch tell us the story about how you lost your shoes again.
                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Werewolf is pretty good fun (thought I would hate it), but badly needs a turbo option!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                          Werewolf is pretty good fun (thought I would hate it), but badly needs a turbo option!
                                                                                          That's something a wolf would say..
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Agree, savage game.

Your lack of posts outed you. And then when I picked up on it, you had a post defending yourself straight away saying work was busy and you had visitors over. Then you made me feel like a dick cos the posts sounded genuine that you were real life busy.

So, gfyna

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                              True, but no need to drink soya milk if lactose intolerant. I currently eat Rice Krispies for breakfast and, as I too am lactose intolerant, use this:

Is it much more expensive per carton?
                                                                                              Just wondering because I know a couple of people make their own by just adding colic drops to regular milk to convert the lactose. I

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                              Aren't smoothies mainly sugar?
                                                                                              Pretty much, most of the time anyway

Comment

When I did a quick google to learn before my first game, I saw they have turbo WW on 2+2. Not really sure how it works or how quick it actually is though.
                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Does anyone else find themselves skipping to the end of jamflys posts and still feeling irritated by his nonsensical overdrawn bs!? If it's just me fair enough but he really annoys me and I can barely type ATM ...

Comment

Jam Fly is cool.

He will probably be inducted into the Night Crew.

Comment

Agree, savage game.

Your lack of posts outed you. And then when I picked up on it, you had a post defending yourself straight away saying work was busy and you had visitors over. Then you made me feel like a dick cos the posts sounded genuine that you were real life busy.

So, gfyna
                                                                                                      That was genuine!!

Comment

Anyone here ever deal with bet2be before? Tried withdrawing my money on the 21st of August and still haven't got it. Opened two 'tickets' with them, emailed them and even rang their English phone number and have not even got a reply as of late.. Wondering if someone might know someone in charge hopefully
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

That was genuine!!
                                                                                                          Pfft, sure it was wolf.

Comment

Does anyone know what grounds lee Keenan got his red card rescinded on?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                              The GAA being a general cluster fuck.

Comment

Yeah the ref wrote down on the report that he was sent off for "kicking with minimal force". Mayo objected this saying that he had in fact only "attempted to kick with minimal force" and since it was reported wrong it got rescinded.... facepalm
                                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

IPB Fight Night card is beginning to take shape.

RDIII v Hitch
                                                                                                                  iSnow v HectorJelly
                                                                                                                  Micknail v Doug

JamFly and FeetMagic making a case to main event the undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                    Yeah the ref wrote down on the report that he was sent off for "kicking with minimal force". Mayo objected this saying that he had in fact only "attempted to kick with minimal force" and since it was reported wrong it got rescinded.... facepalm
                                                                                                                    Seriously? That's laughable if true.

Should say, laughable on the refs part, not Mayos objection or the decision to overturn it.

Comment

I've looked at the replay and he connected with his kick imo. Really bad either way by the gaa

Comment

Seriously? That's laughable if true.

Should say, laughable on the refs part, not Mayos objection or the decision to overturn it.
                                                                                                                        Yeah am sure that's true, remember it happening before too but can't remember where. The ref probably thought he actually kicked the guy to be fair, I mean he only had a split second to see it and it was probable that contact was made.

I think red cards have been rescinded in soccer too for wording it wrong, might be wrong there but have a vague recollection of it anyway
                                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I've looked at the replay and he connected with his kick imo. Really bad either way by the gaa
                                                                                                                          Could be them trying to "even up" the refs performance. Tbf, a whole load of decisios went against Mayo but Kerry have been on the receiving end of poor decisions before so zwings and roundabouts I guess.

Aren't you from Meath?? What's the craic with this Rorys stories fella? I think he's very good. RTE should get him to do an apres match style thing soon.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X