This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHD View Post
    Probably in the best place for something like that to happen MrsFD. English hospitals are class.

Next time I break a bone I hope I am in London.
    TBH I was kind of relieved. Rather here than Letterkenny Hospital. The staff are brilliant and so helpful, they are actually wearing the old fashioned uniforms and the Ward Sister has the silver belt. It is like something from an old TV series. The facilities are better as well, there is free hospital wifi and each bed has one of these machines that has TV, Internet, Movies and phone on them. It costs money but has been handy. He watched a couple of movies today for a few quid.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
      Thanks all, went with Gatwick as worked out slightly cheaper.

Have not been to London since I was about 11 years old. Very excited about this.
      Not for another month, but so far Friday night show on broadway and sightseeing the Sat and Sun is all that's planned.
      Anyone throw some do's and must see's in the mix?
      Do's and dont's.

Dont go to Broadway...its way far from London.

Do do the tower of london, fab tour. Do eat and drink in witherspoons, dont do the shard, plain stupid for the money, natural history museum is class, go midweek if u can, smaller crowds.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Have not been to London since I was about 11 years old. Very excited about this.
        Not for another month, but so far Friday night show on broadway and sightseeing the Sat and Sun is all that's planned.
        Madame Tussauds is an absolute must. I've been there about 5 times at this stage.

Other musts:
        • Tate Modern
        • Book Of Mormon at Leicester Square if you can
        • Stratford Shopping Centre/Olympic Stadium
        • London Zoo
        • Can't really go wrong with Westminster Abbey/Big Ben/Tower Of London etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
          I guess this probably is the key point in what you believe was possible. Cortese was Liebherr's father's financial advisor and friend. It was him who alerted Liebherr to Southampton as an investment opportunity. He apparently believed he could build a top 4 club. He sold Pochettino and new players on the clubs aspirations to be a top 4 club. I think given the quality in the squad, age profile of last season team etc that if they added some attacking quality it isn't beyond the realms of possibility they could have challenged this season. I guess it depends on whether you think taking that risk is worth the rewards or you cash in now. Personally I would tend to trust the guys judgement that has got them this far.

I may be slightly biased as I have them backed at 13's to go down next season which I posted in the soccer betting thread at the time. I think they are now generally 4-1 now although that seems a good bit lower than it should be.

Opr

As much as you'd love to believe that a good business model, the right people and the right philosophy is enough to get you top 4 in the EPL, it probably isn't. You have mega rich City, a rich Chelsea now with a good manager, and United and Arsenal, and then the likes of Liverpool, Spurs, Everton. Even long term, it will be really, really, really tough for any club outside those mentioned to finish in the top 4 in consecutive seasons. It's unfortunate that that's the way it is, but I think cashing in on the likes of Luke Shaw this season was the best move long term for the owners.
          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Nick Diaz signs a new contract with the UFC. Perfectly timed for Anderson Silvas comeback.

yay, wishful thinking.
            Yay wishful thinking.

The fight every MMA fan has been clamouring for is finally set. Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva will meet the newly un-retired Nick Diaz on Saturday, January 31st, 2015 – the night before Superbowl 49. The news was today confirmed by UFC President Dana White. Diaz has been on the shelf since losing his […]

Comment

It wouldn't be the same without you.
              That's the strongest yes I''ve heard all day, In like Flynn then.

Comment

think I'll head down to the Galway races on Thursday. I've never been to a racing event so should be a good experience

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                  Do's and dont's.

Dont go to Broadway...its way far from London.

Do do the tower of london, fab tour. Do eat and drink in witherspoons, dont do the shard, plain stupid for the money, natural history museum is class, go midweek if u can, smaller crowds.
                  Broadway is something I can't avoid sadly. Friday to Monday job too. Have eaten in witherspoons in Manchester, great shout.
                  Tower of London looks exactly like something I'm looking for and will most definitely do it, ty.

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                  Madame Tussauds is an absolute must. I've been there about 5 times at this stage.

Other musts:
                  • Tate Modern
                  • Book Of Mormon at Leicester Square if you can
                  • Stratford Shopping Centre/Olympic Stadium
                  • London Zoo
                  • Can't really go wrong with Westminster Abbey/Big Ben/Tower Of London etc.
                  Should get around to trying Tussauds. Will possibly avoid Zoo after doing 5 differnet zoos in 12 months. Will spend a day doing the Westminster Abbey/Big Ben/Tower Of London etc..

Would people recommend the hop on hop off bus?
                  Anyone suggest any decent jails to tour? Picked up a strange interest in jail tours on travels as of late.
                  Last edited by Jibzzzz; 29-07-14, 23:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                    think I'll head down to the Galway races on Thursday. I've never been to a racing event so should be a good experience
                    FYP

You wont look back.

Comment

tl;dr needs a summary...
                      I gotcha covered...

glad the bairn is good btw
                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 29-07-14, 23:42.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

iSnow, how is the business plan stuff working out?
                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Gaza today...

SPOILER

Ive found it is less than pointless trying to change minds on this.
                          Pictures speak so much louder though
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

'A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of '.

Comment

Broadway is something I can't avoid sadly. Friday to Monday job too. Have eaten in witherspoons in Manchester, great shout.
                              Tower of London looks exactly like something I'm looking for and will most definitely do it, ty.

Should get around to trying Tussauds. Will possibly avoid Zoo after doing 5 differnet zoos in 12 months. Will spend a day doing the Westminster Abbey/Big Ben/Tower Of London etc..

Would people recommend the hop on hop off bus?
                              Anyone suggest any decent jails to tour? Picked up a strange interest in jail tours on travels as of late.
                              I''ve nothing to add but don't talk yourself out of the tower of London or Madame Tussauds, both are great but the former is amazing.

Edit to say, don't come home without visiting the natural history museum as well, it's great.
                              Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 30-07-14, 00:06.

Comment

Would that be the best day to head down?

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                'A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of '.
                                How were your holliers Icarus? Post up some pictures there.
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                  Would that be the best day to head down?
                                  Ladies day would be the best day

Comment

This guy seems like one dry ignorant cunt.

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal speaks to BBC Sport about his admiration for Sir Alex Ferguson and says he is "honoured" to be compared to the former manager.
                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                      Ladies day would be the best day
                                      all i see is miss piggys walking in heals.

and...Jennifer anniston.....drops a duece at least every second day...hmmmmmmm.

I may be drunk again.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                        How were your holliers Icarus? Post up some pictures there.
                                        Good craic, toilets were interesting..

Cliffs on your sig there? It's pretty funny.

Comment

Italian toilets, I am a big fan of the foot pedal for the hand washing.

It varied though from place to place, couldn't tie down as proper measurement from foot to pedal....oh well.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

I may be drunk again.
                                            Haha, yeah I get the miss piggy in heels reference. I've no idea where you're going with the Jennifer Aniston ref though. Drunk posting ftw

Comment

I may be drunk again.
                                              How many shits a day/week is normal?
                                              Shirley it depends how much goes in, and what stuff it is.
                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                Gaza today...

SPOILER

Defence obv

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                  iSnow, how is the business plan stuff working out?
                                                  Good thanks. Private forum created.

Comment

Do go to Borough Market on Saturday.
                                                    Do London Dungeon tour but not with kids of pregnant wimmins
                                                    Do go to Chinatown

Don't tell rudeboys that their jocks are about to fall down. It's the fashion over there.

Comment

BtvpshbIcAAbHrQ.jpg large.jpg
                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Great to see some passing last night.

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

5starpool's the latest IPBer to agree to go down the well:

Comment

One more season of ManU shambles please Football Gods?
                                                            It would be even better if it happens this year - the way they are creaming themselves over stringing 10 passes together against portly Italians teams who are 4 weeks from the start of their season, and eulogising a self aggrandizing Dutchman who managed to get himself outwitted by Jason McAteer - it deserves an immediate comedown.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                              It would be even better if it happens this year - the way they are creaming themselves over stringing 10 passes together against portly Italians teams who are 4 weeks from the start of their season, and eulogising a self aggrandizing Dutchman who managed to get himself outwitted by Jason McAteer - it deserves an immediate comedown.
                                                              As a Utd fan, last season didnt bother me too much. Another year would.

I do still smile at Landsdowne in '01. I think he had that many strikers on by the end Hasselbaink was playing right full.

Comment

Relax bro...
                                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                  Good thanks. Private forum created.
                                                                  Sure would you not throw up the odd update here or is it super sekrit?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                    SPOILER

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    Have we not established that those rights exist but while Israel continues to operate outside 1967 boundaries the Palestinian peoples right to resist <Insert what ever version of Blockade / Oppression / Occupation / Siege suits > is a conflicting right?
                                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    Have the boundaries of Gaza changed? They have not. There are no settlers in Gaza.

As stated yesterday, you will have noted that I said any lasting solution must be based on the 1967 frontiers. This includes forcible dismantling of West Bank settlements.
                                                                    I don't understand how once we accept the position that Israel in forcing itself beyond 1967 boundaries allows the palestinian people a moral right to resist, we can support Israels moral position as being in any way superior.

Everything else is just implementation detail. We can abhor Hamas and their tactics and the brute strength of an massively more powerful Israeli army but the fact is that there are competing rights and the Palestinians must have a right to resist.

Or are you arguing that because , up until their current mowing the lawn incursion, Israel did not have a standing army or settlers within Gaza there was nothing going on that they should have the right to resist

John Alderdice was worth listening to on Today this morning.

Edit

Rashid Khalidi of Colombia university has an excellent piece in the New Yorker
                                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 30-07-14, 14:03.
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Have a hangover that could kill a lesser man... and I am jealous of the lesser man as death would be nicer than the current feeling. Great laugh! When you off to Tallinn hitch?
                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Stupid Sexy HD Deadpool

Comment

Custom Mousemat for 99c
                                                                          SPOILER

Comment

all that needs to be said about Gaza:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

5-3-2 should provide the lols.

Comment

quick question. If Hamas is the elected government of Palestine why are their attacks on Israel considered to be terrorist and why are Israels attacks considered to be self defense? Just curious apologies for the ignorance

Comment

quick question. If Hamas is the elected government of Palestine why are their attacks on Israel considered to be terrorist and why are Israels attacks considered to be self defense? Just curious apologies for the ignorance
                                                                                  It's because the word "terrorism" has lost all meaning.
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I was in a crash in December and the claim is still open as neither party has admitted liability.

I got a renewal notice from my insurance company today and my insurance is to jump from 600 to 2.9k. I don't think i can change broker with the claim open.

Is there anything I can do here?

Comment

Anybody gone to see this http://smockalley.com/waiting-for-godot/

ie have you seen this hotspur?

Comment

Lukaku signs for Everton for £25M.

Stupid kid.

Comment

Lukaku signs for Everton for £25M.

Stupid kid.
                                                                                          Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                            Why?
                                                                                            Much better teams he could be at. Could definetly of gone to a CL club.

The problem is he is a little bitch. All the talent in the world but was too cowardly to prove himself at Chelsea. Last season just as the transfer window was winding up he went to Mourinho and demanded a move instead of fighting for his place at one of Europes top clubs who wanted him. He had just had a good PL season with a lowly club in West Brom and now had the chance to become a top striker. He misses a peno against Bayern and shat himself instead of competing with an old Etoo, a shit Torres and Demba Ba. For a lad full of confidence and belief that was ridic. He obviously is one of the few who enjoys being a big fish in a small pond and this will ruin his potentially great career.

Just like De Bruyne he is a sulk and a moan. De Bruyne is already well on his way to being mediocre when he should be a top player. If he was as good as he thinks he is then why is he going to Everton? Mouthing before the WC that he needs a big tournament so he can get a move. He was shite. He needs to shut up and concentrate on football. Courtois apparently doesn't like either of them though so that is probably why they are gone

He has moved to a club that will struggle to get into the top 6, that is why he is a stupid kid.

Comment

So essentially he's Belgian?
                                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Ironic how Drogbas replacement Lukaku has seemingly been replaced by Drogba

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                  So essentially he's Belgian?
                                                                                                  Nope, just a moany bitch. Unfair on the many Belgians who put their head down and work hard. Many of whom apparently dislike him too.

Is there more moaning Belgians outside the two who think they are Gods gift to football and don't have to make an effort that signed for Chelsea?

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                                                                    A shadow of his former self but will be handy for the Arsenal games.

Our squad is now at its quota. If we can offload Torres we will get Cavani. Drogba won't play much. Lukaku would have.

Comment

He's only 21, regular football at a decent level is the most imperative thing at that age instead of being Diego Costa's understudy. Can't see anything wrong with him wanting certainty of a starting position to hone his ability. I'm sure he's got ambition of making it at the top but there's absolutely no rush. Luis Suarez was happy enough playing at a similar level until his late 20's.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Nope, just a moany bitch. Unfair on the many Belgians who put their head down and work hard. Many of whom apparently dislike him too.

Is there more moaning Belgians outside the two who think they are Gods gift to football and don't have to make an effort that signed for Chelsea?
                                                                                                        Isn't one of those moany Belgians your best player by a mile

Comment

well said
                                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Hazard in a new look Chelsea team will be interesting, I think Mourinho will get rid of him in the next year or two tbh. He has undoubted talent and a great brain, but not sure if Mourinho will get over his poor work rate.

As for Hazard being Chelsea's best player, meh, Fabregas, Matic or Costa could easily push for that title this year. I personally think Courtois will probably end up being Chelsea's 'best player' this season. Also, you can never underestimate the importance of John Terry to that Chelsea side.
                                                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Think I saw mentioned somewhere (maybe here) that the One Drop WSOP episodes have started on ESPN. Anyway, here's the aces v aces elimination hand, needless to say, sick enough way to bust a $1mil tournament.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                Hazard in a new look Chelsea team will be interesting, I think Mourinho will get rid of him in the next year or two tbh. He has undoubted talent and a great brain, but not sure if Mourinho will get over his poor work rate.

As for Hazard being Chelsea's best player, meh, Fabregas, Matic or Costa could easily push for that title this year. I personally think Courtois will probably end up being Chelsea's 'best player' this season. Also, you can never underestimate the importance of John Terry to that Chelsea side.
                                                                                                                Will Courtois start the season as No.1 do ya think. Seems harsh in Cech

Comment

Vanishing spray used in the world cup going to used in the premier league next season. Good decision.

Edit - Any related markets about that it might influence. Over/under on goals from outside the box/freekicks scored or the like?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                    He's only 21, regular football at a decent level is the most imperative thing at that age instead of being Diego Costa's understudy. Can't see anything wrong with him wanting certainty of a starting position to hone his ability. I'm sure he's got ambition of making it at the top but there's absolutely no rush. Luis Suarez was happy enough playing at a similar level until his late 20's.
                                                                                                                    He would have gotten that regular football last season at a much better club.
                                                                                                                    Where did I label Hazard or Belgians as moany? I said Chelsea had two moans who think they are great.

Comment

Will Courtois start the season as No.1 do ya think. Seems harsh in Cech
                                                                                                                      I think he should/will.

I assumed the fact Courtois' loan wasn't extended at Atletico meant he was going to be the no. 1 for Chelsea next season. It's fairly similar to the Friedal/Lloris situation - it's really tough to drop a great servant to the club who has done nothing wrong, but Lloris and now Courtois are just the better player.

The biggest reason I think Courtois will start is because of Cech's age. Cech is only 32, so could easily have another 4 great years in him. Courtois is too good to not be used for 4 years. So it seems like the decision had to be made to either A) recall Courtois and pick him as your no. 1, B) sell Courtois, stick with Cech, and reassess the GK position in 3-4 years, or C) extend Courtois' load at Atletico and delay the decision a year.

I could be wrong, but I hope Mourinho didn't recall the best young goalkeeper in the world to sit on the bench.

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                      Vanishing spray used in the world cup going to used in the premier league next season. Good decision.

Edit - Any related markets about that it might influence. Over/under on goals from outside the box/freekicks scored or the like?

Opr
                                                                                                                      Wasn't it used in the MLS years ago? Seems like such a no brainer to use it, don't know why it took so long to become prevalent. Lol FIFA I guess.

I'd guess it wouldn't affect free kick/outside the box markets too much. I don't have the stats on hand, but would I be right in saying there was a slightly below average number of direct free kicks scored at the World Cup? (not that it's a big sample size)
                                                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post

Hazard works his socks off!

Comment

Hazard works his socks off!
                                                                                                                          It's the Atletico Madrid performance that stands out most in my memory, and particularly Mourinho's reaction to Hazard after. Maybe work rate isn't the right word, but his tracking does leave something to be desired. Personally I'm a fan of his btw, I think his reading of the game is sublime for a young winger. I just have a feeling Mourinho will get rid of him, but I hope he doesn't.

On principle, I never pay any attention to the daily mail, but just saw this article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...d-numbers.html
                                                                                                                          I'm going to guess it's because Courtois is going to be given the no. 1 shirt and Cech is to be sold?! Selling Courtois now doesn't seem like a good move.
                                                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X