X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    Seriously.
    Yeah. You take a toilet paper and use it to lift the seat up without touching the seat then you piss. Makes it so much more pleasant for the next guy who needs a crap that when he puts down the seat it's dry of piss splash.
    Also not flushing the bowl goes hand in hand with these seat down pissers.

It's some sort of subliminal anti establishment thinking. You can be sure these same guys don't take the same course of action at home.

Comment

Jesus, Narcos is top class entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        in fairness, anyone over the age of 16 who owns replica sports kit of any variety is clearly retarded and in need of sectioning

nothing sadder than some middle-aged fecker whose GAA\Premiership\rugby shirt can't contain his belly
        Agreed although I did shamefully drop €60 on an Ireland jersey the day of our euro 12 opener against Croatia
        Wore it to the pub that night for the match and never again. What a cunt

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
          And the number 69. Legend
          Obv theres a few of them out there,I'd forgive my guy if he had number 69 tbh

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
            Yeah. You take a toilet paper and use it to lift the seat up without touching the seat then you piss. Makes it so much more pleasant for the next guy who needs a crap that when he puts down the seat it's dry of piss splash.
            Also not flushing the bowl goes hand in hand with these seat down pissers.

It's some sort of subliminal anti establishment thinking. You can be sure these same guys don't take the same course of action at home.
            Nothing worse than cnuts who don't put the seat back down after they finish pissing.
            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Jax seats should be spring loaded and always up. You'd need to pull it down to sit on it, then it would rise back up after you got off. There would never be any piss on the seat with such a system.

Dice, invent that shit.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                I'm liking the personalised google doodle for me today. It's a load of cakes and when I hover over it, it wishes me happy birthday.

Thanks Google.

Glad to be out of hospital anyhow, but will have to go back in a few weeks to get my gallbladder out
                Had mine out 5 years ago or so. Actual operation is no bother, was out by around lunch time. Few days to fully recover but was back walking around without much fuss after about 2 days. Only issue is getting used to certain foods/drinks that don't agree with me since.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                  Jesus, Narcos is top class entertainment.
                  It really is. Just finished ep 5, no clue who to be rooting for. Not the yanks anyway.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Why are people pissing all over toilet seats ? Up or down, if its getting close to the edge its on the ground also.

Piss in the middle of the bowl.

Unless you had Rabbi Goldberg perform the schmuck removal, he always cut a bit too far to the left.
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Jax seats should be spring loaded and always up. You'd need to pull it down to sit on it, then it would rise back up after you got off. There would never be any piss on the seat with such a system.

Dice, invent that shit.
                      They should be like bins where you stand on the pedal and the lid pops up, take a piss, foot off pedal and lid come down. Piss free too!

Comment

I've been using Katproxy to download this last while, doesn't seem to be working now.

What site can I use?

Comment

just watched ep1 of narcos - great start

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                            I've been using Katproxy to download this last while, doesn't seem to be working now.

What site can I use?
                            Kat.cr

Torrentz.eu is a search engine for several sites
                            airport, lol

Comment

Kat.cr

Torrentz.eu is a search engine for several sites
                              Legend, tyvm need ep10 of Mr Robot. Edit - Looks like I only downloaded Eps 1-9 and missed the pilot siiigh.

While I have you 16:40 flight to Egypt tomorrow, what time do I need to be there?

Also, ship the 18 day weekend etc.
                              Last edited by Jibzzzz; 03-09-15, 23:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                Legend, tyvm need ep10 of Mr Robot. Edit - Looks like I only downloaded Eps 1-9 and missed the pilot siiigh.

While I have you 16:40 flight to Egypt tomorrow, what time do I need to be there?

Also, ship the 18 day weekend etc.
                                Who flys to Egypt?

Not that that matters to answer, 15:00 is more than enough time.
                                Last edited by eamonhonda; 03-09-15, 23:48.
                                airport, lol

Comment

Who flys to Egypt?

Turkish Airline's, cheers sir.

Comment

Who flys to Egypt?

It's better than walking m8

Comment

I want. I WANT

Meet BB-8™ - the app-enabled Droid™ that's as authentic as it is advanced. BB-8 has something unlike any other robot - an adaptive personality that changes a...
                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

And the number 69. Legend
                                        Speaking of legends, back in the day, there was a lad in Sligo had a Liverpool jersey with

.............................LUSH

on the back, eventually someone asked who's he,

"Whaaa, ya never heard of him, he is the new Bulgarian centre forward they just signed

Comment

Latest episode of the Irish Times Inside Politics podcast is a great listen, and a good one stop source on the background to the matter and the details and implications of the report. EK and the government will get away with this, but the report shines a light on the working process across government and civil service and the astonishing lack of note taking / documenting / transparency involved - something FG bleated about post bank guarantee. At this stage the 2011 election noises about 'political reform' are grimly hilarious.

Obviously most on here interested in politics voted for the current government in 2011 and intend to do so again, so I understand the urge to play down this incident or the site serv / DOB stuff. But surely if you take a step back and try to remember this thread 2008 - 2011 we might dimly remember the issues with FF and long train of ethically dubious politics we had such a problem with. Surely FG / Labour have proven a disappointment in how they've handled their crisis points? From not following through on the environmental ideals behind the IW idea; to Shatter's reactions to Garda issues; to the relationship with DOB; to the DPP / Gardai leaking intentions to charge water protestors.

If this is all okay cause, you know, they're your side of the FF / FG divide then I'd suggest you're selling yourself short.
                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

It really is. Just finished ep 5, no clue who to be rooting for. Not the yanks anyway.
                                            I think they must have started out thinking the DEA guys would be the main characters and then realised that Escobar & co were actually far more engaging. Reading back over his wiki, the series seems to underplay him if anything.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Obviously most on here interested in politics voted for the current government in 2011 and intend to do so again, so I understand the urge to play down this incident or the site serv / DOB stuff. But surely if you take a step back and try to remember this thread 2008 - 2011 we might dimly remember the issues with FF and long train of ethically dubious politics we had such a problem with. Surely FG / Labour have proven a disappointment in how they've handled their crisis points? From not following through on the environmental ideals behind the IW idea; to Shatter's reactions to Garda issues; to the relationship with DOB; to the DPP / Gardai leaking intentions to charge water protestors.
                                                Its all been one disaster after another.

But then the alternatives are coming up with things that (on first glance) seem a little nutty: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...come-1.2339504

So do our options boil down to known, safe, and predictably crap or new and batshit crazy?
                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Transparency me hole. Wouldn't mind seeing the notes taken when the order was given to kill Jean McConville.

In fairness, the government did introduce two attempts at serious reform (Senate abolition and Dail Committees). Both shot down - Sinn Fein iirc in the vanguard on both.

I think 'ah heyor' covers my general reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        15% to 9% unemployment, and close to wiping out budget deficits, is one disaster after another? What exactly were your expectations of the government when they took office in 2011??!
                                                        Exactly. You have to wonder exactly what a government has to do in order to get some credit.

The Greeks wouldn't mind shit government such as ours.

I'd actually say this is probably the best government, or close to, I've lived under. I wonder if there's an accepted ranking mechanism?

Comment

Comment

15% to 9% unemployment, and close to wiping out budget deficits, is one disaster after another? What exactly were your expectations of the government when they took office in 2011??!
                                                            In fairness thats nothing to be sniffed at (and cards on the table... I dont really see much in the way of alternative despite who my local candidates are/will be).

Its all the other crazy PR gaffs they have been constantly dealing poorly with that I was referencing. It perhaps doesn't help that the media seem absolutely intent on pummelling the government into the ground at every opportunity.
                                                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Its hard to think of an objective system that wouldn't rank FF-Bertie gov first. Length of time in office, GDP growth, employment growth. So i guess we need an unobjective system
                                                              Yes, some historical perspective is certainly required.

Obviously they go from first to last when you apply that.

Comment

Dice, invent that shit.
                                                                Would stop many a woman moaning at the seat being left down as well. That is if you mean only the lid and not the seat? Otherwise it is a shit idea as it would drive the wimminz mental without a doubt.

Comment

Comment

wooooo Electric Picnic!! hope the weather holds for it

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                      wooooo Electric Picnic!! hope the weather holds for it
                                                                      Just keep the fuck away from my daughter

Seriously though I'm sick jealous of her heading off this morning.
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Latest episode of the Irish Times Inside Politics podcast is a great listen, and a good one stop source on the background to the matter and the details and implications of the report. EK and the government will get away with this, but the report shines a light on the working process across government and civil service and the astonishing lack of note taking / documenting / transparency involved - something FG bleated about post bank guarantee. At this stage the 2011 election noises about 'political reform' are grimly hilarious.

If this is all okay cause, you know, they're your side of the FF / FG divide then I'd suggest you're selling yourself short.
                                                                        That sounds so reasonable. too busy today but I'm travelling over the weekend so I might make an effort at tearing it apart.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Its hard to think of an objective system that wouldn't rank FF-Bertie gov first. Length of time in office, GDP growth, employment growth. So i guess we need an unobjective system
                                                                          Also the immense progress on the North. The work he and the great TB did there seems forgotten about.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            Just keep the fuck away from my daughter
                                                                            <sausageface.gif>
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                              Its all been one disaster after another.

But then the alternatives are coming up with things that (on first glance) seem a little nutty: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...come-1.2339504

So do our options boil down to known, safe, and predictably crap or new and batshit crazy?
                                                                              That's not nutty at all, vastly superior to our current wasteful and inefficient system. Gets my vote.

Comment

Those are the 2 big pluses and I would say health getting no worse and somehow avoiding all out strikes from everyone when FF couldnt avoid this while throwing cash at the PS.

Education is a different matter, they are making a balls of it and in danger of damaging the Secondary product I would say. Reduce the LC to 7 grades for marking is crazy and will just clump points together. 30% the new level of failure for honours - fucks sake its less than a third of what they are supposed to know. Really disagree with make honours easier so everyone can do the paper. What is the point in it being the hard paper if it is getting closer to the level of the easier paper.

Either way Lloyd I would say you should forget the water, police leaks and DOB stuff if you want to take a run at the big time. It is small scale stuff that is mainly finished. Concentrate on how life and death of hospitals and the future of the nation in education are in peril. Hitting the negatives will get you a few seats but not a shot at winning.

Most voters have gotten accustomed to the current level of services and are happy that they are not getting worse. Cause for hope that they will improve, unemployment down so their, friends, cousins, sons, uncles etc may be able to look at returning home. That is why people will vote FG back. Thousands will march to get rid of IW as it is a total balls. I wouldn't take that to means those people are all dissatisfied with the govt as a whole in those marches.

I still expect a FG minor majority tbh.

Comment

How much of this would you actually attribute to the government?

Comment

Just got an email where the first line was thanks for reaching out, oh lord. As an engineer I feel i should be shielded from that language.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                    That's not nutty at all, vastly superior to our current wasteful and inefficient system. Gets my vote.
                                                                                    I am unsure of how well this would work, the countries that employ it don't inspire confidence. Wonder what the rate would be and it would fuck people over unless indirect taxing changed a lot as well.

Comment

had an acca last night of croatia - czech - iceland - belgium - wales - norway(dnb). Only for €3.75 but returned a very nice sum, fuck you so much croatia.. so so much.
                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Also the immense progress on the North. The work he and the great TB did there seems forgotten about.
                                                                                        Hardly forgotten?

Bruton and Reynolds deserve a good share of credit too. The GFA was a logical extension of their work.

Shouldn't forget John Major either.

Comment

Just tax all income at 15%. I'll vote for that.

Comment

Hardly forgotten?

Bruton and Reynolds deserve a good share of credit too. The GFA was a logical extension of their work.

David Trimble was also the voice of moderation in the north at the time and deserves a bit of credit also

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                              David Trimble was also the voice of moderation in the north at the time and deserves a bit of credit also
                                                                                              Yes. Rather unfortunate the way Paisley outflanked him.

You could say the same about Hume and Syriza Fein.

Comment

How much of this would you actually attribute to the government?
                                                                                                Right. The bailout program guidance and improving international conditions mean that the government had limited opportunity to fuck things up. It's only now that we're moving into scenarios where they have more flexibility in their economic decision making.

The promissory note move was well handled and they knuckled down to meet the terms the troika dictated, so I do give them credit there. The problem is though I genuinely believe FF would have achieved the same result (and FG would have achieved a similar result 2002 - 2011 before it as per the Banking Inquiry).

As such, I think the other stuff is deserving of focus.
                                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Where would the Greens be now had they not gone into to government with FF?
                                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hardly forgotten?

Fully agree. There was a tremendous effort on all sides (well barring paramilitary dissidents and DUP) to bring about a complex agreement in the face of tremendous political difficulty.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                      I'd say a very strong position, poised to suck up the Labour vote from 2011.

Comment

Opinion poll time.

Marks out of ten for the government's performance 2011-

I will go first with 8/10.

Comment

...

Comment

6.5/10 for me - I really am happy with many aspects of their performance, but deeply concerned about some of the other issues highlighted by Lloyd earlier, can't help it. Particularly the DO'B stuff; gonna be interesting whenever the GE is scheduled and candidates start calling around, as per usual I won't even engage those who I already have decided not to vote for, but I feel like I have to talk about some of the government missteps with the FG and Lab candidates (who I think I'll probably vote for again). I feel like FG in particular are being misguided in certain areas and are crazily oblivious to the optics of certain situations.

Comment

It's your logical implied conclusion that therefore it makes sense to support the pedophilic murdering party that's the problem...
                                                                                                              I voted SF as soon as I could vote. My reasons for voting SF are based on what I see as the primary issue facing the island. I don't agree with many aspects of their policy platform and I have stated that before. I'm for raises in income tax and anti religion to take two simple points that put me at odds with the party.

But it seems to me that a reply to genuine issues around the current government are 'well fuck you, you vote SF'. That's not really ever an argument?

Surely it's okay to say 'yes, FG have disappointed me on the general point of political reform / transparency'?

Either way Lloyd I would say you should forget the water, police leaks and DOB stuff if you want to take a run at the big time. It is small scale stuff that is mainly finished. Concentrate on how life and death of hospitals and the future of the nation in education are in peril. Hitting the negatives will get you a few seats but not a shot at winning.

Most voters have gotten accustomed to the current level of services and are happy that they are not getting worse. Cause for hope that they will improve, unemployment down so their, friends, cousins, sons, uncles etc may be able to look at returning home. That is why people will vote FG back. Thousands will march to get rid of IW as it is a total balls. I wouldn't take that to means those people are all dissatisfied with the govt as a whole in those marches.

I still expect a FG minor majority tbh.
                                                                                                              I'm not running for election and I do think FG will ultimately form the major part of the next government but unfortunately there isn't any party that offers an ideologically consistent and economically smart policy platform that I fully agree with. Politics in Ireland is pretty depressing stuff really.

Comment

5.5 out of ten. They wasted the opportunity at the very start of their reign to introduce huge public sector reforms and lump all the blame onto FF while the crisis was fresh. We will all pay for that failure in the future. Also they have made a complete balls up of the introduction of water charges.
                                                                                                                Wonder what impact the refugee crisis might have in the coming election,I imagine it's going to lead to some "interesting " results across Europe

Comment

Opinion poll time.

Marks out of ten for the government's performance 2011-

I will go first with 8/10.
                                                                                                                  7/10

They inherited a complete disaster from fianna fail.

If the devil himself was in opposition he would have got elected.

Kenny promised lots and went to europe sayig hed get us a debt write off.

He came back and said we didnt even need one.

The economy is on the up and unemployment is down which is great.

Real reform in the public sector where is it?

The public debt is still collosal know it cant be erased overnight.

Irish water is a complete disaster but politicians cant ever admit they fucked up so its here to stay- its needed but not in current state.

Labour despite keeping social welfare rates the same and keeping the cushy public servants work conditions seem to be on the road to ruin at the next election?

Job bridge in theory is a good idea but its abuse and implementation have been poor.

Varadkar trying to get minimum pricing for alcohol and nanny statism shit is a waste.

Enough major problems in hospitals and the health service to deal with.

I think a fianna gael majority would be best in the next election if they done whats best for the country not whats best for the next election has this ever happened?

Comment

Looked out the window and there is my cat doing cat things. I believe the door was shut so she wanted to give a stare down to complain.

Comment

I voted SF as soon as I could vote. My reasons for voting SF are based on what I see as the primary issue facing the island. I don't agree with many aspects of their policy platform and I have stated that before. I'm for raises in income tax and anti religion to take two simple points that put me at odds with the party.

But it seems to me that a reply to genuine issues around the current government are 'well fuck you, you vote SF'. That's not really ever an argument?

Surely it's okay to say 'yes, FG have disappointed me on the general point of political reform / transparency'?

I'm not running for election and I do think FG will ultimately form the major part of the next government but unfortunately there isn't any party that offers an ideologically consistent and economically smart policy platform that I fully agree with. Politics in Ireland is pretty depressing stuff really.
                                                                                                                      Agree on the Anti religion side but not a huge fan of increasing income tax but again not in favour of dropping to a single band system. Now that we have cut out the super high earners 10% band I think a progressive tax system is the fairest. Pointless handing social welfare payments out only to garnish them afterwards. That is what I would class as making work for no reason at all.

In terms of transparency issue I do agree. Obv I wouldn't want to read into all the memo's but everything should be available for me to see if I want. In terms of reform we got so close to starting a proper rebuilding of the state and I think when The Senate and judges pay were testing the water. When the people decided to keep the senate which was one of the easiest reforms to bring through it was always going to stop any more unpopular choices.

Massive disappointment there and just goes to show that people are afraid of change incase it is worse than what we have. So now we keep paying salaries and expenses while parties trade seats for favours and windbags talk completely disconnected rubbish amongst themselves in a building that would have made a fine art gallery if re-purposed.

In terms of FG economic platform it is clearly take cash from US firms whilst trying to build up some irish businesses so that when the gravy train leaves the station we have something of our own built. Seems pretty solid thinking and no way round it.

Comment

Agree on the Anti religion side but not a huge fan of increasing income tax but again not in favour of dropping to a single band system. Now that we have cut out the super high earners 10% band I think a progressive tax system is the fairest. Pointless handing social welfare payments out only to garnish them afterwards. That is what I would class as making work for no reason at all.

In terms of transparency issue I do agree. Obv I wouldn't want to read into all the memo's but everything should be available for me to see if I want. In terms of reform we got so close to starting a proper rebuilding of the state and I think when The Senate and judges pay were testing the water. When the people decided to keep the senate which was one of the easiest reforms to bring through it was always going to stop any more unpopular choices.

Massive disappointment there and just goes to show that people are afraid of change incase it is worse than what we have. So now we keep paying salaries and expenses while parties trade seats for favours and windbags talk completely disconnected rubbish amongst themselves in a building that would have made a fine art gallery if re-purposed.

In terms of FG economic platform it is clearly take cash from US firms whilst trying to build up some irish businesses so that when the gravy train leaves the station we have something of our own built. Seems pretty solid thinking and no way round it.
                                                                                                                        Ugh why did you have to remind me of the Senate referendum. Tiiiiiiiiiilllllt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                          4%.

Renua wheeling out Ganlor for their Think In yesterday: Flat Tax was their fresh new idea for a group with public support within the polling margin of error.
                                                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X