This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

if you accept that LAB are getting slaughtered and that 33 becomes (on a good day imo) 15, it's very hard to see SF not picking up at least 6 of those
    Will depend on the candidates and campaign that the Social Democrats put together and if they can appeal in working class areas as to where the labour swing goes.
    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
      Did you see the St Eunan's school building? class altogether!

Dropped my son off this morning, a lot of very nervous looking boys about.
      Wow, looks fab alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
        Will depend on the candidates and campaign that the Social Democrats put together and if they can appeal in working class areas as to where the labour swing goes.
        Social Democrats:

the lads who want a Nordic model but somehow manage to be against water charges
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

although, actually now I think about it, that probably means they will get a bundle of seats

Ireland

Comment

BTW while I wouldn't put money on it I don't see SF getting over 20 seats. 15-18 most probably. While the Sindo campaign won't do much more than convince people who would never vote SF anyway, it'll be human nature that will have people voting the "safe" (lol) options.

I've been saying it for 18 months now. FG-FF coalition.

Comment

Looking forward for someone to call some of the labour hierarchy out on their links to the Official IRA, btw (they haven't gone away, you know).

Comment

Setanta are doing their offer of €1 for the first months subscription again. Cancel before the month is up to avoid the proper monthly sub payment if you don't want to keep it. Includes BT sport channels.

Sky customers only for the offer.

Comment

Where's the cheapest place in town to pick up an iPhone charger cable?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                    Got one in Moore street from chinese phone shop worked fine for first 2 days was useless after that pay cheap pay twice.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                      what model?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                        Got one in Moore street from chinese phone shop worked fine for first 2 days was useless after that pay cheap pay twice.
                        even the official apple lightning charging cables are terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                          I know someone else said it but fuck me that is some price to pay. Whats your thoughts on it? I was never overly impressed when I saw him play for Chelsea, albeit that wasn't a lot of times. I would put him in the 20/25 million bracket but no more. Realise he is young and all that but still shocked at the price.
                          There's always the element of a gamble when a club spends big in the transfer window but you can be sure Pellegrini is well aware of the character of the player since Vincent Kompany is the Belgian team captain and will know the player well.

I thought he was the stand-out player for Belgium in the last World Cup, albeit Eden Hazard being injured and not at his best in that tournament. Kevin De Bruyne possesses all the characteristics of a top attacking midfielder, physically strong, dynamic, eye for a pass and a proven finisher and will be a resounding success at City. He'll replace the lightweight Navas.

The best bit of business last year in the window was undoubtedly Sanchez to the Arsenal at 35m but that was a snip. United paid 60m for a player who turned out to be a 'shrinking violet', head down and didn't want to know on a windy day at Stoke. If you're splashing out the dough you want a bit of fight and determination when things are not going well. Sanchez has that, Di Maria certainly didn't and the odds are that De Bruyne has a bit of grit about him.

How are the Belgians producing all these top players, Hazard,Kompany,Courtois,Benteke,Lukaku not to mention
                          Mehrtens,Vertonghen etc.
                          I'd give them a big shout in the euros if they can find a top holding midfielder.
                          "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

what model?
                            iPhone 5.

Comment

I know someone else said it but fuck me that is some price to pay. Whats your thoughts on it? I was never overly impressed when I saw him play for Chelsea, albeit that wasn't a lot of times. I would put him in the 20/25 million bracket but no more. Realise he is young and all that but still shocked at the price.
                              He's a baby with all the potential in the world. He could light up the league or be back in Germany on loan come January 2017. He lived in London, trained at top class facilities and cried and moaned the whole time. Living in Manchester with the pressure to perform could ruin his good form. Will be interesting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerMilla View Post

How are the Belgians producing all these top players, Hazard,Kompany,Courtois,Benteke,Lukaku not to mention
                                Mehrtens,Vertonghen etc.
                                I'd give them a big shout in the euros if they can find a top holding midfielder.
                                Nainggolan from Roma is an absolute beast so they're sorted there.

Re De Bruyne's fee it's still only loose change to the owners, he's obv not worth that much but when money isn't really an factor I guess overpaying isn't the issue it would be at other clubs.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

BTW while I wouldn't put money on it I don't see SF getting over 20 seats. 15-18 most probably. While the Sindo campaign won't do much more than convince people who would never vote SF anyway, it'll be human nature that will have people voting the "safe" (lol) options.

I've been saying it for 18 months now. FG-FF coalition.
                                  I still wouldn't put it past us to have a FG majority tbh. We usually end up mirroring the UK pretty closely which is weird.

As you said people generally vote with the safe way and anti ff sentiment is still strong and FG water debacle aside have done a good job overall.

As we saw in the UK people will give out shit about the govt and go mad in public but in the privacy of a booth just go ahead and decide that they really just want their lives to continue as is so why rock the boat.

I guess SF will how up seat in the boarder counties so this makes them SNP vote with labour occupying the lib dems and hopefully The AAA, PBP etc all in UKIPS position of people realising they cant do a thing bar make noise and so voted out.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                    Setanta are doing their offer of €1 for the first months subscription again. Cancel before the month is up to avoid the proper monthly sub payment if you don't want to keep it. Includes BT sport channels.

Sky customers only for the offer.
                                    Think you are locked in for a second month at normal price with the current deal. If it is just one month I'll be raging as I haven't rang to cancel yet as thought I am locked in for second month anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                      Think you are locked in for a second month at normal price with the current deal. If it is just one month I'll be raging as I haven't rang to cancel yet as thought I am locked in for second month anyway.
                                      They usually say you have to give 1 months notice to cancel which automatically locks you into a full price second month. Then when you cancel they offer you a few months at a discounted rate.

It's worth the hassle these days with BT included.

Comment

Ya, apparently you have to commit to a second month which I didn't know when I posted it. The last 2 years I got this deal and there was no commitment to a second month.

Comment

Water Conservation grant letter landed today.

So, I've paid €30 for each of the first two billing quarters, say €120 for the year.
                                          Minus €100 now.

€20 for a family of five. For a year. Madness. No notion whatsoever of consumption vs cost.

It's like something out of Father Ted.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                            I still wouldn't put it past us to have a FG majority tbh. We usually end up mirroring the UK pretty closely which is weird.

As you said people generally vote with the safe way and anti ff sentiment is still strong and FG water debacle aside have done a good job overall.

As we saw in the UK people will give out shit about the govt and go mad in public but in the privacy of a booth just go ahead and decide that they really just want their lives to continue as is so why rock the boat.

I guess SF will how up seat in the boarder counties so this makes them SNP vote with labour occupying the lib dems and hopefully The AAA, PBP etc all in UKIPS position of people realising they cant do a thing bar make noise and so voted out.
                                            Yeah, but Proportional Representation vs FPP....completely invalidates the comparison imo.

Much easier to get a majority in the UK.

Comment

So, I've paid €30 for each of the first two billing quarters, say €120 for the year.
                                              Minus €100 now.

€20 for a family of five. For a year. Madness. No notion whatsoever of consumption vs cost.

I'm unmetered and it's 63 per quarter.

Comment

Personally I really likes the look of him when i saw him play for chelsea

Always had his head up, saw everything, calm on the ball, thought it was a mistake selling him

*Though seeing as he only played a handful of games could be mixing him up with Marin or any other player that went through the bridge in last few years

Wages and transfer fee are a joke but should/could have a lot more scope to deverlop than Sterling so... and anyhu football is fucked so who cares
                                                Last edited by Guest; 28-08-15, 12:22.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                  snowing already??
                                                  Ha! it is bitter here in Donegal

Was looking for a picture that showed off the school and that one appealed to me

Comment

Help Needed

Anyone able to assist with a payroll query?

Have my friends mums loss of earnings form here and need to try and calculate some stuff.

Cheers in advance

Comment

Are you in an apartment? Wonder how that all works

Comment

Minus €100 now.

I'm metered & it was €63.78 for the 1st quarter for two people. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                          Exact same amount, I think it is currently a set fee. Thank god I'm not paying it.
                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Minus €100 now.

Turn over to the back of the bill. I would currently owe them over 2 grand if charges weren't capped.
                                                            As it is they have got no money off me as they lost my bank details then told me not to pay until they sent someone out to look for leaks. Months later I haven't heard from them except for a reminder to give them my bank details. They are fucking useless

Comment

yeah, just pulled out the bill to explain that one myself (the fun things I do on a week off)

It seems you get a free allowance for each child - 21 cubic metres per child, per anumn. So we used 23 cubic metres in Q1 but got an allowance of 15.

Plus I suspect our house is pretty efficient in terms of usage since it was rebuilt last year.

Without the kids, it would be closer to your number.

Although you are taking extreme measures to reduce your bills in the fourth quarter.

Comment

LOL. I'm unmetered and unregistered. Idiots keep writing to my ex-wife at my home. She never lived here. Called them twice to tell them and no change. If the idiots can't get that much right they can swivel.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                  Exact same amount, I think it is currently a set fee. Thank god I'm not paying it.
                                                                  Robbing bastards me thinks.

Says we are using 24m3 Water every 3 months according to the meter.

That works out at 124 litres a day per person! lol gtfo! I dont take that many dumps.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                    Personally I really likes the look of him when i saw him play for chelsea

Always had his head up, saw everything, calm on the ball, thought it was a mistake selling him

*Though seeing as he only played a handful of games could be mixing him up with Marin or any other player that went through the bridge in last few years

Wages and transfer fee are a joke but should/could have a lot more scope to deverlop than Sterling so... and anyhu football is fucked so who cares
                                                                    He was pretty muck for us but you could see he had something. He regularly went to Jose and cried. Strange human. Courtois robbed his mot too so that might have had something to do with hating Chelsea.

Comment

Robbing bastards me thinks.

Says we are using 24m3 Water every 3 months according to the meter.

That works out at 124 litres a day per person! lol gtfo!
                                                                      sounds about right

Comment

I thought everyone was getting a fixed bill regardless of whether they were metered or not?

Comment

compared to our sprinkler-loving friends in the US, we seem to be quite conservative:

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                            I thought everyone was getting a fixed bill regardless of whether they were metered or not?
                                                                            If your meter is up and running, it's based on consumption - with a cap (130 for a single person household, 260 for two or more adults).

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

I'm voting FG anyway (or maybe Lucinda, if they manage to put together a manifesto), best government we're had in a long time imo.

I think this is going to be the only moderately interesting election we've had that I can remember. Really sets out the future (lack thereof) for Lab/SF/FF. Based on some of his decisions so far it really seems like Micheál should have just handed the reins to O'Cuiv and let him turn it into a proper conservative rural party and let it die off.

Comment

Are you in an apartment? Wonder how that all works
                                                                                Yep, no plans to meter apartments at all I believe, or at least not soon. I might as well leave the tap on full every night.

Comment

and we have, drumroll, the lowest water charges in Europe

the Nordic Model doesn't sound quite so orgasmic when you check out the Danish numbers

Comment

Ahhhh, the missus with her 15 min showers & me stupidly putting a 3 bar pump on the line. I see.

Comment

That Schippers 200 metres winner is lovely.
                                                                                      Tall good looking probably juiced.

Comment

Ahhhh, the missus with her 15 min showers & me stupidly putting a 3 bar pump on the line. I see.
                                                                                        Unfortunately the current charges bear no relation to cost so you're not being particularly disincentivised to change this wasteful behaviour. Still, little vignettes like this do illustrate the case for charges.

Comment

How easy do you think it would be to ride a bike where turning the handlebars turned the wheel the opposite way than normal? Turned out it's pretty fecking hard, I often notice problems with how our brain works and it's limitations like these.

Get your own here ⇒ http://bit.ly/BuyBackwardsBike ⇐ Shirt: https://goo.gl/doOG3GI give talks: http://www.smartereveryday.com/appearances Patreon Support Li...

Comment

compared to our sprinkler-loving friends in the US, we seem to be quite conservative:

We need to send some politicians on fact finding missions to Uganda and Mozambique to see how they keep their usage so low

Comment

This is pretty cool, virtual reality tossing a torch and catching it blindforled

[EDIT] Chilli: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNMkLgTSn4k

Comment

We need to send some politicians on fact finding missions to Uganda and Mozambique to see how they keep their usage so low
                                                                                                Im guessing massive amounts of irrigation for crops are factors in America and Australia.

Comment

Pretty sure it was on here that it was posted but a few weeks ago I read a life tip that in a hotel you can put any single card from your wallet into the slot and voila!! The electricity works a treat!!

So I was in a hotel in Austria at the weekend and my phone battery was dead the last day so I decided to put my closest card(leap card) into the slot so it could charge while I took the room key with me to get back in. Genius move really and I felt dumb for not knowing it years ago! Skip ahead to when I am packing in a hungover hurry the next day and completely forget my leap card is still in the slot as I leave . Got back to Dublin and felt like such a tit probably €20 on it and unregistered as I never lose cards... so, yeah. A new life pro tip is to always remember to check that slot while leaving!! .

Munich is class though I must say, back for oktoberfest I reckon!
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                    How easy do you think it would be to ride a bike where turning the handlebars turned the wheel the opposite way than normal? Turned out it's pretty fecking hard, I often notice problems with how our brain works and it's limitations like these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzDaBzBlL0
                                                                                                    These are in templebar a lot at weekends where they make a fortune from drunk chumps. €5 for 3 goes which takes like 2 minutes I think, so much free money!
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                      Pretty sure it was on here that it was posted but a few weeks ago I read a life tip that in a hotel you can put any single card from your wallet into the slot and voila!! The electricity works a treat!!

So I was in a hotel in Austria at the weekend and my phone battery was dead the last day so I decided to put my closest card(leap card) into the slot so it could charge while I took the room key with me to get back in. Genius move really and I felt dumb for not knowing it years ago! Skip ahead to when I am packing in a hungover hurry the next day and completely forget my leap card is still in the slot as I leave . Got back to Dublin and felt like such a tit probably €20 on it and unregistered as I never lose cards... so, yeah. A new life pro tip is to always remember to check that slot while leaving!! .

Munich is class though I must say, back for oktoberfest I reckon!
                                                                                                      You should carry a few business card type things (probably get from any hotel reception) to use instead of a card you might ever need.

Comment

I want a bigger living area so 1 bedroom places don't really cut it. I am looking at 2 bedrooms, even for €1500pm they are all shite?

Comment

You should carry a few business card type things (probably get from any hotel reception) to use instead of a card you might ever need.
                                                                                                          Yeah I was actually told to do that but the hotel didn't have any funnily enough. I messaged a cute girl that worked in the hotel that I left it in my room just for her so she could use it when she visits... Literally the only smooth thing I did all weekend
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Love teh new gaff mate!

(actually hand my hand over my mouth in shock/horror flicking through)

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 28-08-15, 13:57.

Comment

Love teh new gaff mate!
                                                                                                              Got my keys today, found one of these in the place

SPOILER

Obv an abode for fine gentlemen

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                Nainggolan from Roma is an absolute beast so they're sorted there.

Re De Bruyne's fee it's still only loose change to the owners, he's obv not worth that much but when money isn't really an factor I guess overpaying isn't the issue it would be at other clubs.
                                                                                                                Cheer for that info. Never heard of the fella but if he's at the same level as some of the others then they're serious contenders. Golden generation of players, it has to be said for a smallish country, 10 million or thereabouts.

I've nibbled at 16s and 14s, think 12s is the best around now.

It's a tribute to Belgium's immigrant integration policies also to see the son of an immigrant, Kompany, captaining the team as well as the likes of Fellaini, Benteke, Origi and Lukaku coming through. Sol Campbell reckoned he would have been captain of England were he not a black man though other players of the time rubbished that. Rumours of in-house fighting in the Dutch squad of the 80/90s abound.
                                                                                                                "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

Cheer for that info. Never heard of the fella but if he's at the same level as some of the others then they're serious contenders. Golden generation of players, it has to be said for a smallish country, 10 million or thereabouts.

I've nibbled at 16s and 14s, think 12s is the best around now.

It's a tribute to Belgium's immigrant integration policies also to see the son of an immigrant, Kompany, captaining the team as well as the likes of Fellaini, Benteke, Origi and Lukaku coming through. Sol Campbell reckoned he would have been captain of England were he not a black man though other players of the time rubbished that. Rumours of in-house fighting in the Dutch squad of the 80/90s abound.
                                                                                                                  Sol always come across as a bit of a self pitying eejit, suspect that would be the main reason he wasn't made captain.
                                                                                                                  Wasn't Paul Ince England captain back in the 90s, so it was never a colour issue.

Comment

Sol always come across as a bit of a self pitying eejit, suspect that would be the main reason he wasn't made captain.
                                                                                                                    Wasn't Paul Ince England captain back in the 90s, so it was never a colour issue.
                                                                                                                    I'm not sure whether Incey was ever England captain but his career certainly ran alongside that of hee haw Tony Adams who would have been the regular captain at that time. Ince was certainly a leader of men and I can't think of too many others over the years. I mean there's no way for example either Emile Heskey or Ashley Cole would have been captaincy material, whatever about Viv Anderson or John Barnes.

On that note I was reading earlier that there are only four black managers in the four top English divisions. Read into that what you will. I mean there may be a lack of suitable candidates and the stat not at all noteworthy.The ratio is 1:23.

Comment

Was Ferdinand not made captain then injuries and retirement happened? If he didn't moan about it then it's not an issue.

The emphasis put on the armband in England is funny.

Comment

I'm not sure whether Incey was ever England captain but his career certainly ran alongside that of hee haw Tony Adams who would have been the regular captain at that time. Ince was certainly a leader of men and I can't think of too many others over the years. I mean there's no way for example either Emile Heskey or Ashley Cole would have been captaincy material, whatever about Viv Anderson or John Barnes.

On that note I was reading earlier that there are only four black managers in the four top English divisions. Read into that what you will. I mean there may be a lack of suitable candidates and the stat not at all noteworthy.The ratio is 1:23.
                                                                                                                        What next quotas for ethnic managers its not south africa.
                                                                                                                        Political correctness is gone mad.
                                                                                                                        The defence forces want 20%more women whatever happened to the best person for the job regardless of sex colour?

Women in the police in ireland and army have different fitness tests obv the womens one is easier.
                                                                                                                        How many gaa managers in ireland are non white? any women managers?

Comment

Should be picking cotton anyway innit m8s.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X