• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    Arsenal get Bayern
    Man U get PSV

FML!

Edit - Will settle for Olympiakos though!
    Seems to be a common trend in the draw the last while from what I remember.
    Yourselves and City getting screwed in every draw. United getting medium to very easy groups and make it a struggle every year and Chelsea getting easy groups and make little work of it. Not horrible groups all round though this year, can see ye getting through

Also Group H looks like it could be fun for the upsets
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
      Seems to be a common trend in the draw the last while from what I remember.
      Yourselves and City getting screwed in every draw. United getting medium to very easy groups and make it a struggle every year and Chelsea getting easy groups and make little work of it. Not horrible groups all round though this year, can see ye getting through

Also Group H looks like it could be fun for the upsets
      Yeah should get through alright. Shame we didn't bag Gent (maybe) in the last pot though!

Man Utd really do run like God in these things.

SPOILER

All 4 teams will fancy themselves in Group H

SPOILER

Comment

Nice signature. I'll throw on a pretty auld dress sometime so you might actually try and make it factual .
        Lets make a date.

Doug v Rob
        McNuggets
        Pub
        ???

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
          lol, I thought that was a still image until DP's quote, thought the 'tackle' was referring to the fact it looks like he's holding a giant cock.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
            Lets make a date.

Doug v Rob
            McNuggets
            Pub
            ???
            Thanks for invite m8

Comment

Speaking of Bolt. This is the fastest times ever record over 100 metres with those who received a drug ban marked in red...

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                I was just 19 going into UCG back in the day and never repeated a class, though my secondary had a mandatory transition year - definitely think it was of great benefit to me to be a bit older than the average student.

Wasn't it Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers book that discusses this issue? That those entering the education system who are more mature than most of their peers end up outperforming - which is entirely self-obvious I guess. I imagine that the confidence that comes with being both bigger and more mature might then compound as each year goes by.

Or I could be entirely mistaken!
                We're planning on starting our little one a week after her 5th birthday for these reasons. Plus, I'd like her to be a little more mature than I was at college going age.

One my biggest life regrets is not doing third level, I just turned 17 at the end of 6th year and was far too immature to make the decisions I made.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                  Thanks for invite m8
                  Everyone invited m8

Comment

Nice signature. I'll throw on a pretty auld dress sometime so you might actually try and make it factual .
                    Sound, sig removal Doug, I'll even type you a CV

Comment

Not many standout games in that draw but suppose the knockouts will cover that.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                        Sound, sig removal Doug, I'll even type you a CV
                        What's your beef with Doug?

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                          Speaking of Bolt. This is the fastest times ever record over 100 metres with those who received a drug ban marked in red...
                          Who is the second fastest "clean" sprinter of all time? Genuine question by the way, it's hard to keep up with all those that have failed a test.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            Yea, your version of how you think their ego works is far more important than what is actually right for them

LOL Transition year and still going into college at 17.
                            Didn't kill me

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                              Who is the second fastest "clean" sprinter of all time? Genuine question by the way, it's hard to keep up with all those that have failed a test.
                              I believe it's Maurice Greene. I think he had a world record of 9.79 at some point

Comment

Lol at "repeating" second class, in my day you stayed back and went to slow learners a couple of times a week.

For tea I had lamb chops, baby potatoes, broccoli and carrots. Lamb chops are Gods own treat to himself I would imagine.

Comment

I had steak and chips

Comment

I had steak and chips
                                    Having spaghetti bolognese thanks to Mr. Dolmio.

Also, found the wagon wheels. Which were strategically located next to the toffee pops!! That's this week's training made redundant.

Comment

De Bruyne fee agreed. Will be an interesting transfer.

Comment

We all want this..

It's a bloodthirst wankfest that we all wanna materialise.

Lets base this win on a 33%,33%,33% win.
                                        33% Callout youtube vid
                                        33% Shapes thrown on the day
                                        33% Dirty oul schlaps

2 X fairplay men will referee and you may wear a dress should you so wish.

Comment

I'll volunteer for the role of fairplay man. I'll even borrow a Hiace or a Transit for authenticity.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                            I'll volunteer for the role of fairplay man. I'll even borrow a Hiace or a Transit for authenticity.
                                            Sound...What year/colour?

Comment

Out of curiosity at what point do you measure a kids age by years and not months strewly?
                                              airport, lol

Comment

I will promote.

Comment

Will volunteer for fairplayman number 2. I'll thow up a video laying down the ground rules at the weekend. Won't be many rules

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                    Out of curiosity at what point do you measure a kids age by years and not months strewly?
                                                    As soon as you can count in years ffs!

Comment

I'm 472 next month. Big 500 this time two years, planning Vegas.

Comment

My age is

841,104,000 seconds
                                                        14,018,400 minutes
                                                        233,640 hours
                                                        9735 days
                                                        1390 weeks and 5 days
                                                        2667.12% of a common year (365 days)

Comment

Got the maths wrong on that one. That's what I get for leaving school at 204.

Comment

when you don't want to be making the point that 6 months is > 10%

Heading for 20K days soon
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Lol at "repeating" second class, in my day you stayed back and went to slow learners a couple of times a week.
                                                              That was the way they did it back in the day alright.

That lad who died in a fight in Naas the other night was four years older than me but by the time we finished primary school he was in the same year as me

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post

Gonna catch me a fish with this.
                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Not sure of year as reg will be Nordie or English and they are to hard to figure out. I'm guessing roughly 12/13 years old and clock will be wound back to 30,000 kms.
                                                                  Colour will be either badly faded red or white with plenty of dirt.
                                                                  I will be leaving in a 152 Range Rover registered in Rathkeale with chromed 24" "rims" also for authenticity and I shall say "boss" a lot.

Comment

Saw your post on FB and immediately knew what you were up to, considered doing the same thing myself
                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Not sure of year as reg will be Nordie or English and they are to hard to figure out. I'm guessing roughly 12/13 years old and clock will be wound back to 30,000 kms.
                                                                      Colour will be either badly faded red or white with plenty of dirt.
                                                                      I will be leaving in a 152 Range Rover registered in Rathkeale with chromed 24" "rims" also for authenticity and I shall say "boss" a lot.
                                                                      Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                      Saw your post on FB and immediately knew what you were up to, considered doing the same thing myself
                                                                      I think you'd look right at home in an old Hiace.

Comment

Jason Ryan resigns as Kildare manager. Who is your money on SP ?

Comment

Speaking of school and rearing, youngest of three girls starts 1st class tomorrow so all finished at 2.30 one trip there one trip back. Have been looking forward to this day for years. Wife today agreed to job minding three month old boy 8.30 to 5.30 Mon To Fri.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                            Jason Ryan resigns as Kildare manager. Who is your money on SP ?
                                                                            More than likely they will want to give the job to a local lad who has served his time and will give the county board the respect they think they deserve

I've no idea who the likely runners and riders would be but suppose Cribben would be a possibility if he was willing to move.

Comment

My middle child Lewis is the only one up tomorrow for school. He is starting at the local Secondary St Eunans. Can't believe my boy is all growed up now! (yes I know that's not the spelling, it is deliberate!)

The two girls are not starting back till Tuesday. Looking forward to Tuesday so much to have some peace and quiet in the house.

Our primary schools finish at either 2.00pm or 3.00pm. Not seen any at 2.30pm. The secondary schools finish at 3.40 but the bus gets them home at 4.30!

Comment

...
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

If anyone wants a fightclub presale for UFC Dublin drop me a PM. I purchased it for Vegas and I would only be glad for someone to get use out of it.
                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                      If anyone wants a fightclub presale for UFC Dublin drop me a PM. I purchased it for Vegas and I would only be glad for someone to get use out of it.
                                                                                      Which Vegas did you get it for? Upcoming or previous? Was pondering paying for it for ufc 194
                                                                                      Last edited by Ed; 27-08-15, 22:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                        Which Vegas did you get it for? Upcoming or previous? Was pondering paying for it for ufc 194
                                                                                        Upcoming. Just reading on boards that P5 tickets have a maximum purchase of 2 tickets which is a kick considering we have 8 going.
                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

...
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Upcoming. Just reading on boards that P5 tickets have a maximum purchase of 2 tickets which is a kick considering we have 8 going.
                                                                                            Yikes, pondering TUF final the night before too though flight is probably getting in too late

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                              Kid will be in school 7:30am to 6pm. Not sure if that's wrong or not. But she did the same in the creche. It's morning playroom and evening extracurricular classes, around regular Irish school hours. All done in the school though. €200 a month for outside school hour care and three meals

We do have one big lie though. It's a private Catholic school, chosen as its bilingual, and apparently excellent, and 'private' means a whopping €450 annual cost, as the €200 per month for childcare / meals would be the same in a public school.

Anyway, on the application it asked 'was your kid baptised?', and I ticked yes in the hope that it would get us in the door, omitting that the baptism was in a different religion.

Kinda hit home today as the director was showing us the school church and remarking on how this was where the kid would make her first communion. ... pausing to allow us to soak up that wonderful thought guiltily.

Fck it, I'm going to let it play out. It's not like they're going to ask for paperwork proof, or the name of the baptismal church. Hopefully.
                                                                                              The schools usually take a copy of the baptismal certificate and you can't say you lost it as you can get a copy really easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                Yikes, pondering TUF final the night before too though flight is probably getting in too late
                                                                                                I am a full on bandwagoner so no interest in that. Im slightly fearful as to what Vegas will be like in December. It is pretty much the third deadest week of the year there. I have been in November twice and it was still good albeit slightly different to the summer feel.
                                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I am a full on bandwagoner so no interest in that. Im slightly fearful as to what Vegas will be like in December. It is pretty much the third deadest week of the year there. I have been in November twice and it was still good albeit slightly different to the summer feel.

Its a great looking card and tix will be much cheaper. I've been in November and February, still enough there to keep me amused

Comment

Saw a doc on the history of graffiti on bbc4 last night in the early hours. Defo worth a look, you can catch it on the player.
                                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      More than likely they will want to give the job to a local lad who has served his time and will give the county board the respect they think they deserve

I've no idea who the likely runners and riders would be but suppose Cribben would be a possibility if he was willing to move.
                                                                                                      It's a personal hobby of mine to collect stories of ridiculous county set ups so whenever someone starts with "the Dubs have unfair advantages" I can just retort with the story of their county board and how they can start whinging when they get their house in order.

That being said Kildare are second only to Cork (and narrowly ahead of Cavan) in terms of ridiculous county board politics and practices. Whole county is in a shambles
                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                        Saw a doc on the history of graffiti on bbc4 last night in the early hours. Defo worth a look, you can catch it on the player.
                                                                                                        What was name of it?

Have you seen style wars?
                                                                                                        Last edited by eamonhonda; 27-08-15, 23:22.
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

What was name of it?

Have you seen style wars?
                                                                                                          Brief history of graffiti. No might load it up now... Can't sleep. Cheers
                                                                                                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                            Brief history of graffiti. No might load it up now... Can't sleep. Cheers
                                                                                                            Style wars is the best! There's a couple of more decent ones on the subject. Infamy and Piece by Piece are two more off hand. Start with style wars though
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                              Kid will be in school 7:30am to 6pm. Not sure if that's wrong or not. But she did the same in the creche. It's morning playroom and evening extracurricular classes, around regular Irish school hours. All done in the school though. €200 a month for outside school hour care and three meals

We do have one big lie though. It's a private Catholic school, chosen as its bilingual, and apparently excellent, and 'private' means a whopping €450 annual cost, as the €200 per month for childcare / meals would be the same in a public school.

Anyway, on the application it asked 'was your kid baptised?', and I ticked yes in the hope that it would get us in the door, omitting that the baptism was in a different religion.

Kinda hit home today as the director was showing us the school church and remarking on how this was where the kid would make her first communion. ... pausing to allow us to soak up that wonderful thought guiltily.

Fck it, I'm going to let it play out. It's not like they're going to ask for paperwork proof, or the name of the baptismal church. Hopefully.
                                                                                                              she is orthodox?
                                                                                                              So orthodox priests can marry, there's cant.
                                                                                                              Orthadox can divorce if adultry (wp).
                                                                                                              Pope isn't a big cheese to Orthadox, is to them.

Fuck them if they can't take a joke.

Orthadox believe some silly shit, they believe some silly shit, can't we believe silly shit together. Etc.
                                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                My middle child Lewis is the only one up tomorrow for school. He is starting at the local Secondary St Eunans. Can't believe my boy is all growed up now! (yes I know that's not the spelling, it is deliberate!)
                                                                                                                Was only up around there last week. Stayed in Buncrana but went into Letterkenny to see the relations (Ballymacool). St Eunans Gaa Ground is a fine set up. Donegal is one big bloody county.

Comment

De Bruyne fee agreed. Will be an interesting transfer.
                                                                                                                  I know someone else said it but fuck me that is some price to pay. Whats your thoughts on it? I was never overly impressed when I saw him play for Chelsea, albeit that wasn't a lot of times. I would put him in the 20/25 million bracket but no more. Realise he is young and all that but still shocked at the price.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                    Was only up around there last week. Stayed in Buncrana but went into Letterkenny to see the relations (Ballymacool). St Eunans Gaa Ground is a fine set up. Donegal is one big bloody county.
                                                                                                                    Did you see the St Eunan's school building? class altogether!

Dropped my son off this morning, a lot of very nervous looking boys about.

Comment

Is Father Kelly still on the prowl?
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                        Is Father Kelly still on the prowl?
                                                                                                                        There is a Father Kelly over at St Eunan's cathedral. No idea if it's the same one. Did our little ones christening. Hellova nice guy. Think he had a wild past though

Comment

snowing already??

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X