X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    Best Coffee in Dublin/Ireland?

Personal favourite is Il Caffe Di Napoli on Westland Row, always get an amazing cup in there, has a pretty authentic vibe without crossing the twatty line like place such as Clement and Pekoe.
    Coffee Angel down by the pedestrian bridge in the IFSC.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Personal favourite is Il Caffe Di Napoli on Westland Row, always get an amazing cup in there, has a pretty authentic vibe without crossing the twatty line like place such as Clement and Pekoe.
      Anyone that isn't accompanied by the owners life story / patronising sermon on the beans used to make your cup

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        was just about to post the same thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
          LOL you really dont know what lies ahead, toddler gonna have great fun pulling them out
          Ah... contingency plan in place. Crappy records that i don't mind getting trashed in the lower levels or alternatively i have a secret stash cupboard upstairs that i can bung them in for a year until they get over it.

It's the speakers i'm worried about!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
            was just about to post the same thing!!
            One of the Ukrainian lads (Attila) that runs it went home a few weeks back. He's probably about 40 but 'forgot' to do his national service when he left school. So he's now hiding out from the Army who are now rounding up such miscreants and sending them off to the front to fight Putin's proxy army. Serious shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
              Where are the shelves from, don't look to be expedits. Having to figure out some storage solutions in the near future
              They were made to measure by Donovan Walsh Design

Turned around in two weeks (measured, hand drawn, CAD, build etc...), fitted in three hours, took me six hours to re-build the electronics and records.

Total cost €1500 + €20 tip for fitters.

There was a lot of dead space either side of the chimney breast before this so it's a functional success as well as a minor symphony of form

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Turned around in two weeks (measured, hand drawn, CAD, build etc...), fitted in three hours, took me six hours to re-build the electronics and records.

There was a lot of dead space either side of the chimney breast before this so it's a functional success as well as a minor symphony of form
                Yikes, might just stick with Ikea

Comment

When getting a referral from a doctor do you need to tell them you want to go private, or do you do that just at the hospital?

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                  Sign up yourself m8. Seen a few loon taxi drivers etc have headed over to join Christian militias in syria
                  Was getting taxi in Amsterdam the other day, 15 min trip cost €53. They won't be going anywhere fast.

Comment

(turn her phone sideways loo )
                    IKEA, couple of 100.

Comment

Other things that make a good cafe /resteraunt
                      No blackboard with "wacky" twee nonsense written all over it out the front
                      Same for the menu,no wacky nonsense more suited to a 5 year olds birthday party than for grown adults with actual fucking jobs. I don't want to see the words scrummy or yummy or or phrases like "tasty treats" anywhere in my eyeline.
                      I would imagine a place managed by a Ukrainian named Atilla avoids these faux pas
                      Last edited by Guest; 26-08-15, 09:37.

Comment

Same for the menu,no wacky nonsense more suited to a 5 year olds birthday party than for grown adults with actual fucking jobs. I don't want to see the words scrummy or yummy or or phrases like "tasty treats" anywhere in my eyeline.
                        Not even a yummy mummy ?

Comment

One of the Ukrainian lads (Attila) that runs it went home a few weeks back. He's probably about 40 but 'forgot' to do his national service when he left school. So he's now hiding out from the Army who are now rounding up such miscreants and sending them off to the front to fight Putin's proxy army. Serious shit.
                          lol, had a similar experience and spent a few days in military prison

Comment

lol, had a similar experience and spent a few days in military prison
                            I'd say you've led an interesting life.

Comment

I would imagine a place managed by a Ukrainian named Atilla avoids these faux pas
                              Quite surprised they're not called 'Coffee or GTFO'.

It's a van, which helps cut down on the geebaggery. Bottle of good vodka under the counter for favoured customers too.

I find farmers markets more rife with the sort of thing you're referring to.

Comment

Quite surprised they're not called 'Coffee or GTFO'.

It's a van, which helps cut down on the geebaggery. Bottle of good vodka under the counter for favoured customers too.

I find farmers markets more rife with the sort of thing you're referring to.
                                Ever get a cup down at Dollymount? My friend's brother owns the van. Nice coffee.

Comment

Today's outing for the kids = the zoo. Playing it safe.

First off, a trip to the HSE eye clinic for our one speccy-4-eyed kid. A veritable UN in the waiting room here. Traveller kids by far the best behaved.

Comment

Eating toast and I must say I'm really enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                      I'd say you've led an interesting life.
                                      it's had its moments.

Comment

@Situation

Pogba talk is all bullshit, right?

Comment

Il Fornaio on College green
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

+1 on Coffee angel.

Seven wonders in the IFSC is also a personal favorite.
                                            All day breakfast deal - Coffee and a breakfast bagel for €4 is a steal.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                              @Situation

Pogba talk is all bullshit, right?
                                              Dunno man, they'd be crazy to sell him and Vidal in the same window, as well as losing Pirlo, but Serie A has been a selling league for the guts of a decade now so wouldn't be surprised.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

I looked into this. There is a chance they will do well - if they can fill the gap in the political market vacated by the PDs and candidate select well. PDs got something like 17 seats first time out - there's no chance Renua do that but I wouldn't want to be on the unders side of this bet, sorry.

You should give PP a shout and see will they quote a line.
                                                Yeah was thinking along those lines. PP have them grouped in with others at the moment, will give them a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                  +1 on Coffee angel.

Seven wonders in the IFSC is also a personal favorite.
                                                  All day breakfast deal - Coffee and a breakfast bagel for €4 is a steal.
                                                  that breakfast bagel is so good (even better in the Jalapeno bagel)- cheddar, bacon and scrambled eggs!! YUM!!

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                    (turn her phone sideways loo )
                                                    IKEA, couple of 100.

You won't get what he needed in Ikea. Would have to be made to measure. €1500 sounds pretty keen tbh.
                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

that breakfast bagel is so good (even better in the Jalapeno bagel)- cheddar, bacon and scrambled eggs!! YUM!!
                                                      Yeah I've been on a bit of health kick as of late so had the egg in cup with bacon last week and the porridge this week. Also confirmed class.

But agreed nothing beats the bagel, often got it for breakfast and lunch.

Comment

Bit of Devil's advocate:

The whole point of an athlete being on the juice is so they can train longer, harder and recover faster is it not

Bolt is/has been notoriously the worst trainer on the planet.
                                                        So if the stories about his training regimes are true (probably/may well be just be a cover for juicing the balls off himself), would there be any point in him being on the juice?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                          You won't get what he needed in Ikea. Would have to be made to measure. €1500 sounds pretty keen tbh.
                                                          Exactly. Ikea was fine when i didn't need to maximise space and you could just bung stuff up against a wall and not worry about dead space.

Was €1700 but i told them the budget was €1500 and they immediately reduced the price to that and we went for it.

This solution basically freed up a box room which will now be the nursery rather than the spare bedroom which can now remain as a spare bedroom for visitors, storage, my Technics 1210s and (probably) some more records down the line.

Win-win for me (except i'm paying for it of course which is fair enough).

b.

Comment

Exactly. Ikea was fine when i didn't need to maximise space and you could just bung stuff up against a wall and not worry about dead space.

Was €1700 but i told them the budget was €1500 and they immediately reduced the price to that and we went for it.

This solution basically freed up a box room which will now be the nursery rather than the spare bedroom which can now remain as a spare bedroom for visitors, storage, my Technics 1210s and (probably) some more records down the line.

b.
                                                            When the time comes for the kid to destroy the lot, maybe get some light sliding doors fitted in front of the shelves?

Comment

Today's outing for the kids = the zoo. Playing it safe. :tren.
                                                              Mobbed. Gone to Farmleigh instead which has literally two men and a dog in an area the size of the zoo.

If I was Enda, would definitely live here.

Comment

Reminded me of a cafe I passed in Prague that gave me glols.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Mobbed. Gone to Farmleigh instead which has literally two men and a dog in an area the size of the zoo.

Does he get a residence with the job or does he have to rent an apartment himself?
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Farmleigh is fantastic. I was in there during the Open House Dublin event and made the mistake of going to the Mansion House afterwards (fully agree with the early calls for it to be torn down, so awful in comparison).

Comment

b.
                                                                      My 1000 records and 1210's are in the attic gathering dust. Next move of house will include sound proof man cave for my pending mid life crisis. Need to upgrade my mixer though as it is shite.
                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        Does he get a residence with the job or does he have to rent an apartment himself?
                                                                        Part-time unofficial residence seemingly

Comment

Walmart makes their employees do this every morning.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

what is great about it, is it a big fancy house and all that jazz? Or is it the grounds? Never been even though i can practically see it from work.

Taoisachs generally use their own residence as people are like "omg he gets too much" etc. Afaik that's why there is just an unofficial one that they use.

Comment

News reporter and cameraman shot dead while filming a segment live on air.

SPOILER

You don't see much on the video apart from hearing gunshots, screams and then cutting back to the studio but spoilered it as it may not be to everyone's taste

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                                News reporter and cameraman shot dead while filming a segment live on air.

SPOILER

You don't see much on the video apart from hearing gunshots, screams and then cutting back to the studio but spoilered it as it may not be to everyone's taste
                                                                                Her boyfriend who she lived with is the anchor on the news. 24 year old reporter and 27 year old cameraman go to do a report on tourism and get shot dead live on tv.

USA.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD
                                                                                  I'd like to see Irish peoples reaction to their supervisor singing at them that they might be a cashier some day.
                                                                                  I deleted my comment, felt it was in bad taste after looking at the CBS shooting.

In case you think you are going insane.
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                    I deleted my comment, felt it was in bad taste after looking at the CBS shooting.

In case you think you are going insane.
                                                                                    I was checking to see if I accidentally blocked you.
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

I've a 7.5 hour layover in Toronto soon, will I be easily able to head into the city for a bit or would I need some sort of visa?

Comment

Jasus, it seems it was a disgruntled employee. Shocking stuff.
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                          what is great about it, is it a big fancy house and all that jazz? Or is it the grounds?
                                                                                          It's a park within a park. Huge grounds around the house, lake with a nice cafe, gardens, woodland, lawns etc. Kind of place you can let kids run wild. House was closed. There's a good playground over at the OPW\Ashtown Castle which is 2 mins away.

Lots of upcoming events advertised including a family comedy day this Sat\Sun which we might give a go.

Seems to be the case in Dublin that amenities are either wildly overpopulated or else ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                            Walmart makes their employees do this every morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpPUUWp5sO4
                                                                                            When I say accident, you say free.

At the grand opening ceremony for the controversial Lakeview, Chicago location of Walmart, the general manager starts a chant b

Someone with the skill should remix this.
                                                                                            Last edited by DeadParrot; 26-08-15, 17:26.

Comment

Can't help but be reminded of:

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                When I say accident, you say free.

At the grand opening ceremony for the controversial Lakeview, Chicago location of Walmart, the general manager starts a chant b

Someone with the skill should remix this.
                                                                                                This makes me angry.

Comment

It's a park within a park. Huge grounds around the house, lake with a nice cafe, gardens, woodland, lawns etc. Kind of place you can let kids run wild. House was closed. There's a good playground over at the OPW\Ashtown Castle which is 2 mins away.

Lots of upcoming events advertised including a family comedy day this Sat\Sun which we might give a go.

Seems to be the case in Dublin that amenities are either wildly overpopulated or else ignored.
                                                                                                  The missus and myself live near the park and we go to Farmleigh all the time. Did a sleigh ride there at Xmas, loads of music and fun days up there and painfully under advertised. It's a gem. The tour is class too and because it's on the same time as the Aras tour on the weekends if you go on a Saturday the place is empty. Would also recommend the carol services in the State Ball Room before Xmas. Free entry but a lovely experience.

Unless, like us, you go on a Sunday where the President is hosting an official function and they won't let you into the Aras (where, incidentally, you can play with the President's dog - not a euphemism). Those weekends the Farmleigh tour is really busy.
                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Lovely spot alright. Hope to Jesus the missus doesn't find out about bolded bit above. Great sport on this Sat and Sun !!! I'll have to use the 'house needs cleaning' line.

Comment

Now I really want to play with the President's dog.
                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                        Now I really want to play with the President's dog.
                                                                                                        I want pics.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                          Jasus, it seems it was a disgruntled employee. Shocking stuff.
                                                                                                          Poor cunt probably got sick of having to do a chant every morning before work.

bad taste eh

Comment

24 year old in a live snuff movie . Yeah the shooter is an evil callous bastard . Try not to further immune yourself to such barbaric acts by actually watching that link. I'm assuming it's real

Comment

24 year old in a live snuff movie . Yeah the shooter is an evil callous bastard . Try not to further immune yourself to such barbaric acts by actually watching that link. I'm assuming it's real
                                                                                                              Virginia is a death penalty state so great job making the case a slam dunk at least.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD
                                                                                                                The shooter recorded himself shooting the victims and posted it online. It's not nice to watch.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=805_1440602680
                                                                                                                Not watching

Comment

I often feel it's the news hiding things that immunises people, really seeing how things are helps people take action or realise that they want things to change. Take the homeless and dug addicts here, I often hear about them here, what to do about their situation and so on. This is because they are in plain sight. In other countries that rigidly keep these people out of sight the people just assume that they have great rehabilitation process and don't even think about changing their systems to help anybody.

random drivel now to go home and eat.

Comment

Carfax in hiding? http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34061931

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                      I've a 7.5 hour layover in Toronto soon, will I be easily able to head into the city for a bit or would I need some sort of visa?
                                                                                                                      No visa needed to get into Canada for you, just go through border control and out, much less stern than their southern neighbours.

Comment

I'd an afternoon meeting in M$ today and got drowned on my way back to the office and decided to spend the rest of the working day in a hotel bar.
                                                                                                                        I could be onto something here. This telecommuting is so much better with beer. Am strangely productive.
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                          jealous.
                                                                                                                          CN Tower, Poutine and Alexander Keith's
                                                                                                                          Bit early in the year for the PATH though.
                                                                                                                          Howver, security at pearson is pretty slow if I recall correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X