X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    These have replaced old fashioneds for me

When I'm drinking (not 'drinking') I inhale gin and tonics. But when I'm having a [4] drink, these are winning.

Back in the sunny south east at the moment, (it's fucking lashing rain), and had a pint of Smithwicks yesterday that made my day though.

Will be walking up the road to Aldridge Lodge (@V4V) at some stage, so hoping the rain can fuck off one of the evenings this week.
    a superb shout. There are fewer finer things in life than a superb whiskey sour.
    Rare the place that'll have egg whites though.

deja vu

edit...deja vu

Jaysus I can waffle at times
    Last edited by DeadParrot; 25-08-15, 15:58.
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I've never seen them made without egg whites They taste a bit desserty for my liking.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Is anyone going to do anything about ISIS?

Am I being unreasonable thinking that its an ever growing problem? Surely someone has to step in at some stage? Mustard gas on civilians now - not sure if thats a common thing for them but I haven't seen it reported before.
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

China’s Stock Market: How It Affects The €470 You Have In The Credit Union

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
            Is anyone going to do anything about ISIS?

Am I being unreasonable thinking that its an ever growing problem? Surely someone has to step in at some stage? Mustard gas on civilians now - not sure if thats a common thing for them but I haven't seen it reported before.
            Sign up yourself m8. Seen a few loon taxi drivers etc have headed over to join Christian militias in syria

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
              Sign up yourself m8. Seen a few loon taxi drivers etc have headed over to join Christian militias in syria
              Well, if there is one group of people who's side I want to be on when the shit hits the fan, its the taxi drivers, or the vietnamese... no one beats the vietnamese.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

according to facebook and jameson, today is national whiskey sour day.
                  Influencing everyone we are.
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I recommend trying the Grand Budapest Sour from The Liquor Rooms
                    Attached Files
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Daniel LaRusso is a violent sociopath who picks every fight in The Karate Kid. Check out my comment response video: https://youtu.be/cd82fxIbqUE , and please...

Comment

Place needs more Finkel.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                          Thats absolutely brilliant!

Comment

*very canadian post*

Fucking Calgary is covered in smoke blown up from Washington State forest fires, ruining my day. Albertan Gov has issued a health advisory warning which means my softball (yes...softball) game will be called off. Devastated. Place looks like Shanghai.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                              Place needs more Finkel.
                              Well pointed out. Where is he?

Comment

Place needs more Finkel.
                                I was thinking the same myself a while ago. He didn't even sign up for the ww games.

Comment

Bit more cyclist banter

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I'd be interested to know if cyclists with cameras are involved in more incidents that cyclists who don't have cameras on their heads.

Comment

Advice needed:

My son who is an avid Liverpool fan wants a trip to Anfield for his 9th birthday.

How would I go about organising it.

Can I get a package from Dublin. Is it possible to source tickets and organise flights, hotel etc myself.
                                    It wouldn't matter who Liverpool were playing.

Also posted in Liverpool discussion thread.

Any help appreciated.

Comment

Hedgehogs, do they need the whole fecking hedging ?

Comment

Maybe pop a pm to dub13 or check what threads he has started here or in the other place.
                                        best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by dinjo99 View Post
                                          Advice needed:

My son who is an avid Liverpool fan wants a trip to Anfield for his 9th birthday.

Can I get a package from Dublin. Is it possible to source tickets and organise flights, hotel etc myself.

Any help appreciated.
                                          Usually cheaper to DIY imo. Is there Liverpool tickets thread on boards? That's where I get my United tickets. I presume you'll be flying from Dublin? Could be cheaper to fly into Manchester and get bus to Liverpool which is about an hour and fairly cheap.

All of that is based on the opposite trip for me supporting United. I always fly to Liverpool cos it's way cheaper. Can't recommend any hotels unfortunately. Enjoy the trip. I still remember my Dad taking me to my first game and it's a magical memory.

Comment

7am T1 flight on Thursday....Is 6 time enough to get there, checked in and with no bags?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                              7am T1 flight on Thursday....Is 6 time enough to get there, checked in and with no bags?
                                              Ah ya, security prob be busy but 20 mins will still clear it.
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Advice needed:

Any help appreciated.
                                                you can buy a package to do it all for you, flights, hotel, tickets etc.
                                                Probably cheaper to do it yourself though

for tickets
                                                ryanair for the flights
                                                tripadvisor for the hotel

Comment

Just read there on Facebook that Colin Fry died.

Wonder if he will be appearing in the Christmas episode of most haunted!

I'll get me coat...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                    Just read there on Facebook that Colin Fry died.

Wonder if he will be appearing in the Christmas episode of most haunted!

I'll get me coat...
                                                    That might well be hilarious if I had a clue who he was.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                      That might well be hilarious if I had a clue who he was.
                                                      One of those TV show psychics. I've never seen his show but have heard of him.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                          Ah ya, security prob be busy but 20 mins will still clear it.
                                                          How about 12.25 on Saturday. Be grand getting there by 10.30?

Comment

One of those TV show psychics. I've never seen his show but have heard of him.
                                                            Hmm, does he have a mudder with grey hair. I'm getting an oldish person coming through
                                                            Was someone in hs family the victim of a theft or perhaps mislaid something and thought it was a theft ? I'm hearing a name begining with T or perhaps E or C, no ? M ?

RIP ya fecking fraudster.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                              How about 12.25 on Saturday. Be grand getting there by 10.30?
                                                              Of course. Unless it's to US and I'd give it another half hour as to not be rushed
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Best part of that wiki:

"His critics assert that he had no paranormal powers and merely used basic cold reading techniques"

Oh did they? They "asserted" he had no paranormal powers. I think his critics probably "asserted" that paranormal powers were horseshit and didn't exist.
                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Can't get my head around why this guy appealed against his dismissal. http://www.irishtimes.com/business/w...km-h-1.2328436

Mr Purcell said he was completely in control of the vehicle on the day. While he acknowledged that he was not driving safely with an iPad up to his ear, he felt in control of the vehicle. He never felt compromised.
                                                                  Mr Purcell said that he did his job to the best of his ability.
                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Having a baby forced me to look at options for records storage.

Very happy with this.

Now the previous storage space can become a nursery and i still have room for a couple hundred more.

Now where did i put that zamrock section...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Very happy with this.

Now the previous storage space can become a nursery and i still have room for a couple hundred more.

LOL you really dont know what lies ahead, toddler gonna have great fun pulling them out
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Very happy with this.

Hope they're securely attached to the wall. Kids have a magical ability to demonstrate Newton's laws of motion.
                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Having a whiskey sour. Old fashioned ordered. Thanks for the reccies bbv.
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                            Having a whiskey sour. Old fashioned ordered. Thanks for the reccies bbv.
                                                                            It's been raining for hours. I've gone deep into a bottle of Gordons.

Comment

Very happy with this.

Where are the shelves from, don't look to be expedits. Having to figure out some storage solutions in the near future

Comment

To anal.

Sex appears in my inbox at least once a month. We all occasionally wonder if we’re normal, especially when it comes to the most private parts of our lives. This…

Comment

Advice needed:

Any help appreciated.
                                                                                  Avoid the packages, all an absolute rip off and pretty easy to get them all sorted seperately.

When are you looking to go? I could probably get you a couple of tickets for one of the European home games if it's any good ?

The dates / opponents for the matches will be confirmed after the draw on Friday but the possible match dates are below.

17/09/15
                                                                                  01/10/15
                                                                                  22/10/15
                                                                                  05/11/15
                                                                                  26/11/15
                                                                                  10/12/15

Edit - Could also get you some for the league cup 3rd round (either 22/23 September)
                                                                                  Last edited by JamieCarra; 25-08-15, 22:41. Reason: 3rd round draw

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                    Where are the shelves from, don't look to be expedits. Having to figure out some storage solutions in the near future
                                                                                    Are you having a baby?!

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                      Are you having a baby?!
                                                                                      Ha, nope. Other half is moving in in a couple of months and she has a record collection too.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        Not I. Haven't been on boards for years.

Speaking of sports, we went to the National Acquatic Centre today. I say 'went' as the queues were out the door and there was no way anyone was getting in there. All the rides had massive queues too. I'm guessing 'be there as the doors open' is the order of the day.

School starts Thursday, thank fuck.
                                                                                        Had a similar experience in Funtasia Drogheda on a drab miserable day. Went back on a nice sunny day and it was grand. Aquatic center was fine as well on a nice day we visited.
                                                                                        Indoor shit busy in crap weather.

Comment

I'm on a bus.

Comment

I'm on a bus.
                                                                                            Great spuds with the family, me and wifey go for a few beers, come back to her making a semi-disaster tarte tatin, it tasted fab fab but was a bit runny, the fresh cream masked it really, its all good. Some wine is opened, feckers have put the good stuff up to 8.99/9.99, oh be with the days when 5.99 was the norm.

She fecks off to bed, i have a choice, film or shows, I pick film...

Boulevard...

Last edited by oleras; 25-08-15, 23:37.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                              Great spuds with the family, me and wifey go for a few beers, come back to her making a semi-disaster tarte tatin, it tasted fab fab but was a bit runny, the fresh cream masked it really, its all good. Some wine is opened, feckers have put the good stuff up to 8.99/9.99, oh be with the days when 5.99 was the norm.

She fecks off to bed, i have a choice, film or shows, I pick film...

Boulevard...

I'm no longer on a bus.

Comment

Might live in a van.

Comment

Might live in a van.
                                                                                                  Loads of water coming out of the sky m8

Comment

Loads of water coming out of the sky m8
                                                                                                    What are you getting at mate?

Comment

The sea may be a better option ?
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                        The sea may be a better option ?

Comment

It's absolutely fucking lashing.

Comment

It's absolutely fucking lashing.
                                                                                                            How does that relate to living in a van? The noise of the rain?

Comment

Chad, you up for a game?
                                                                                                              I just read a reference on a website to 'sleep sport' whereby people try to outdo each other by sleeping in increasingly unusual places.

Comment

I meant it's lashing here!

I can't sleep anywhere except my own bed so yes I want to play.

Comment

I meant it's lashing here!

I can't sleep anywhere except my own bed so yes I want to play.
                                                                                                                  We can drug you up to the gills m8. Might do the airport for a start, will pick a night that eamo is working and post up pics to finally dispel the rumours. You are welcome to join me for banter

Eamo must know some good areas to pull a tom hanks on it, I don't mean wank, I mean that movie about the dude who lives in the airport.

Comment

Possible merger agreed in principle between Paddy Power and Betfair

Comment

Best Coffee in Dublin/Ireland?

Personal favourite is Il Caffe Di Napoli on Westland Row, always get an amazing cup in there, has a pretty authentic vibe without crossing the twatty line like place such as Clement and Pekoe.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                        Best Coffee in Dublin/Ireland?

Personal favourite is Il Caffe Di Napoli on Westland Row, always get an amazing cup in there, has a pretty authentic vibe without crossing the twatty line like place such as Clement and Pekoe.
                                                                                                                        Centra

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                                          Any price for Renua over 4 seats ?
                                                                                                                          I looked into this. There is a chance they will do well - if they can fill the gap in the political market vacated by the PDs and candidate select well. PDs got something like 17 seats first time out - there's no chance Renua do that but I wouldn't want to be on the unders side of this bet, sorry.

You should give PP a shout and see will they quote a line.
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X