Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is my Facebook feed full of people with eating disorders posting mirror selfies and passing themselves off as fitness gurus?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      Some people around here would call you a bandwagoner m8
      All aboard then m8.

5star is driving. Choo Choo.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
        All aboard then m8.

5star is driving. Choo Choo.
        I'll shout for Kerry v the Dubs obviously, and v most of the nordies but I'll be shouting for Mayo of they make it, which I think they will
        airport, lol

Comment

Some people around here would call you a bandwagoner m8
          I'm planning on shamelessly hopping on the Irish rugby team bandwagon for the world cup

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
            I'm planning on shamelessly hopping on the Irish rugby team bandwagon for the world cup
            I'll probably do the same. Usually watch the six nations but my rugby knowledge outside that would be zero. You'd have to bandwagon that one
            airport, lol

Comment

I'll probably do the same. Usually watch the six nations but my rugby knowledge outside that would be zero. You'd have to bandwagon that one
              The sweet thing about bandwagonning is you enjoy the moment just as much as all the saps who slogged it through the tough times and they hate you for it

Comment

Chambers and Gabriel centre back pairing for tonight's game and Liverpool available at 4/1. Yikes!

Comment

The sweet thing about bandwagonning is you enjoy the moment just as much as all the saps who slogged it through the tough times and they hate you for it
                  Yeah thinking of hopping on the McGregor hype train for the next world title fight.
                  Also might jump on the rugby one if we can get out of the group stages at the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    Chambers and Gabriel centre back pairing for tonight's game and Liverpool available at 4/1. Yikes!
                    Where's the 4/1?
                    airport, lol

Comment

Where's the 4/1?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                        Yeah thinking of hopping on the McGregor hype train for the next world title fight.
                        Also might jump on the rugby one if we can get out of the group stages at the WC.
                        Welcome aboard man,only hopped on the McGregor bus at the last stop myself (Mendes). Thinking about bandwagonning a premiership team this year too seeing as I have sky sports now,will prob wait for a bit later in the season so I don't back some chumps though

Comment

I'd be more concerned by Liverpool's midfield of Lucas and Can, if Ozil is any way bothered (not always guaranteed) he should get plenty of joy tonight.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            The only true thing we all know is how wrong Raoul will predict it
                            I'm predicting a smooth ride. Easy Street. A OK.

Good enough?
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I've always been a massive Hilary Clinton fan. Even when I wasn't.

Donald Trump too.

Heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                I've always been a massive Hilary Clinton fan. Even when I wasn't.

Donald Trump too.

Heroes.
                                I am genuinely looking forward to watching Hillary campaign get dismantled in slow motion over the next year. Particularly looking forward to listening to all the West Wing loving Democrat fanboys on Irish radio try to hold back the tears.
                                Last edited by Guest; 24-08-15, 18:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                  1970s general. No Googles.

1. What iconic arcade game was first released in Japan in 1978?

2. In the 1977 movie Star Wars, which character says, “These aren't the droids you're looking for.”?

3. The Rumble in the Jungle was fought in what city in 1974?

4. On November 17, 1973 who said they were not a crook?

5. In what city were the Israeli Olympic team murdered in 1972 by Arab terrorists?

6. What album by an American folk rock duo was the best selling album of the 1970s?

7. In the 1978 TV series Dallas, what was the name of Pam’s father?

8. In CB radio slang what is a bear cave?

9. Who won seven gold medals and set seven world records at the 1972 summer Olympics?

10. Who was the leader of the Peoples Temple Agricultural Project best known for the poisoning, in November 1978, of 909 of its members?
                                  Hard enough.

SPOILER

1. No idea. PacMan?
                                  2. LOL. No clue. Luke Skywalker?
                                  3. Kinshasha. Norman Mailer wrote The Fighf based on this. Sounded mental.
                                  4. Tricky Dicky.
                                  5. Munich
                                  6. Probably something by Simon & Garfunkel. Scarborough Fair?
                                  7. No idea. We'll go wifh (who shot) JR
                                  8. No clue
                                  9. Mark Spitz
                                  10. David Koresh. They drank all the Kool Aid.

Comment

I am genuinely looking forward to watching Hillary campaign get dismantled in slow motion over the next year. Particularly looking forward to all the West Wing loving Democrat fanboys on Irish radio try to hold back the tears.
                                    It's gonna be great tbf

Comment

Nate Silver has hillary at like 50/50 to win no? What makes you experts so sure?
                                      airport, lol

Comment

I am genuinely looking forward to watching Hillary campaign get dismantled in slow motion over the next year. Particularly looking forward to listening to all the West Wing loving Democrat fanboys on Irish radio try to hold back the tears.
                                        OK man I'm in. Do we wait until after the US election before we bandwagon or do we play the odds?
                                        I am starting to enjoy this feeling now and I can't wait for the AI final. Come on Kerry/Mayo/Dublin (will decide closer to the date who to cheer for).
                                        Unfortunately I'm on a lifelong premiership club bandwagon but if I had to jump ship I think Chelsea would be my port as I do like the blue colour of their jerseys. Also used to admire Kerry Dixon and Dave Beasant.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          I'd say its a bit fun. Oz seems absolutely fcked given their economic model is almost entirely to dig stuff up and sell it to the Chinese.
                                          I had a fair chunk of tax to get back after leaving in March, Aussie dollar at the time was 0.67 and I was fairly pissed as it was around .71ish when I left. It hit 0.605 today so feeling happy to have taken the 0.67 at the time. Investments suffered alot today though, horrible as it makes up a decent bit of my house deposit which I think I need to reconsider.

Australian outlook doesn't look good and when when it crashes it will be a horrible fall. Also with a weak dollar its really going to hit any Irish thinking of heading home in quite a big way. Will be better for the people in Ireland as will be less people with large house deposits and propping up the property market.

Comment

Nate Silver has hillary at like 50/50 to win no? What makes you experts so sure?
                                            all the bookies have her at evens too

I will reprise the relevant bits of my post from a few months back:

Hilary Clinton will not be the next President of the United States.
                                            • After a two-term president of one party, the electorate generally changes tack and elects in the other guys (Bush to Obama, Clinton to Bush, Eisenhower to Kennedy, Truman to Eisenhower). Reagan to Bush Snr is an outlier (but only after Jim Baker's dirty tricks team killed Dukakais - against Bush Snr's wishes and instincts).
                                            • Her brand is toxic - people forget how divisive the Clintons are - a Hilary candidacy is a godsend to the GOP.
                                            • She's not a winner. The only election she ever won was a safe Senate seat in NY and she managed to blow an almost-unlosable advantage against Obama in the '08 primary.
                                            • She's a woman. I don't think America is ready for that.
                                            • She's too old.
                                            • Health issues.
                                            • Bill. (although probably also her biggest asset)
                                            • Dodgy record as Secretary of State with multiple freebie attack spots for the GOP (Benghazi, emailgate etc etc)
                                            • She's too rich. Brand Clinton has been money-grubbing away since Bill departed the Oval Office.

Yet she will almost certainly be the Dem candidate and is currently trading around the evens mark - anyone taking this price should be carted off to Dundrum and locked in a padded cell for their own safety.

If the Republicans can put up literally anyone who can tie their own shoelaces against her, they will coast home in the electoral college.

Comment

I pay 675 euro pm rent and it annoys the fuck out of me when it goes out every much. Just saying.

Comment

I'm hoping Ireland crash out of the Rugby finals thing they like to call the world cup early doors.
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                  I pay 675 euro pm rent and it annoys the fuck out of me when it goes out every much. Just saying.
                                                  You should pay it in cash just to tilt yourself extra.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                    Shite weekend for IPO Killarney to be on now!
                                                    Someone organised a game like that in Kerry for the AI final weekend? What a stupid thing to do. Good enough for them then with that lack of planning.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                      You should pay it in cash just to tilt yourself extra.
                                                      Would tilt me less as I have no respect for cash. Consider it dead money when it is in my wallet. Would be awks tho m8. Would have to meet the cunt and that.

Comment

all the bookies have her at evens too

I will reprise the relevant bits of my post from a few months back:
                                                        Calling the decline of something deemed as 50:50 won't make you a genius. I can't see them 'coasting' against her if she is the nom.

Regardless, it won't be that Walker lad.

Edit to add: Bush stole the election, so that doesn't hold as much weight.
                                                        Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 24-08-15, 19:24.

Comment

Did you have a bad day LSB?

Comment

Edit to add: Bush stole the election, so that doesn't hold as much weight.
                                                            not the second one

Comment

He has her at 50/50 months before the first primary. Imagine pricing the Grand National for 2017 and it gives you an idea of how seriously large a 50/50 is at this point. Obviously all sorts of things can happen between now and the general but she's definitely the massive favorite
                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Also, no-one ever goes on about the election Kennedy stole

Comment

RDIII my SF bet is definitely coming in. Looking forward to it immensely tbh.

Comment

The most annoying bandwagon was the Barcelona fanboys. They were up there with United ''fans''.

Comment

Did you have a bad day LSB?
                                                                      No, do I seem grumpier than usual?

Comment

Also, no-one ever goes on about the election Kennedy stole
                                                                        More yourself and SP's era than mine m8

Comment

RDIII my SF bet is definitely coming in. Looking forward to it immensely tbh.
                                                                          hmm, I don't give you much of a chance tbh. Unless some shit blows up (literally).

Comment

This Arsenal team is all over the place this season, and they're even worse tonight. Chambers is having a shocker and can't see him coming out for the 2nd half. Huge liability. Gibbs on and switch Monreal to CB or else Debuchy on as CB, but can't see Arsenal keeping a clean sheet the way it is.

Seems like a good game for the neutrals though!

Comment

This Arsenal team is all over the place this season, and they're even worse tonight. Chambers is having a shocker and can't see him coming out for the 2nd half. Huge liability. Gibbs on and switch Monreal to CB or else Debuchy on as CB, but can't see Arsenal keeping a clean sheet the way it is.

Seems like a good game for the neutrals though!
                                                                              They'll still probably win though

Comment

More yourself and SP's era than mine m8
                                                                                I suspect we're closer in age than you might like to admit

Comment

No, do I seem grumpier than usual?
                                                                                  A tad. Never mind time of month etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    They'll still probably win though
                                                                                    Very little threat going forward at the moment. Passing has been nothing short of shocking. Alexis doesn't look match fit and nobody to pick the team up. I'd take off Ozil too and bring on Walcott/Ox and see if they've any better luck.

Comment

hmm, I don't give you much of a chance tbh. Unless some shit blows up (literally).
                                                                                      Will take more @4s

Comment

Will take more @4s
                                                                                        for SF under 20 seats, OK - load up so

edit; wouldn't mind hearing your reasoning on this

Comment

Very little threat going forward at the moment. Passing has been nothing short of shocking. Alexis doesn't look match fit and nobody to pick the team up. I'd take off Ozil too and bring on Walcott/Ox and see if they've any better luck.
                                                                                          Cech saved the day too many times already.

Comment

Current Dail make-up is:

if you accept that LAB are getting slaughtered and that 33 becomes (on a good day imo) 15, it's very hard to see SF not picking up at least 6 of those

Comment

Went for the auld over 5.5 goals long shot with the free Bet365 bet, but not sure I'll even get 1 now.
                                                                                              If it wasn't for variance i'd lose em all.

http://twitter.com/#!/NiallSmythers

Comment

Current Dail make-up is:

if you accept that LAB are getting slaughtered and that 33 becomes (on a good day imo) 15, it's very hard to see SF not picking up at least 6 of those
                                                                                                You ain't good at this being the bookie lark m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                  You ain't good at this being the bookie lark m8
                                                                                                  I'm a nice guy. You can have 9/2.

Comment

I'm a nice guy. You can have 9/2.
                                                                                                    How Boylesports of you.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                      How Boylesports of you.
                                                                                                      well that depends

if your bet is more than €1.72, it will be 'referred to our traders' until after the off

Comment

Current Dail make-up is:

Getting slaughtered from 33 obv but like overs on current line. Think FG take a lot of them expecting v.popular giveaway in next budget. The fragmented left will take a few more. Protest Anti FF vote lto probably regain a bit as well. Could well be burning money but I like the price so will take another 100 if you want.

Comment

anyway, Shano - topping up?

edit: 100 on SF to be under 20 seats at the next election @ 4/1, booked.

Comment

anyway, Shano - topping up?

edit: 100 on SF to be under 20 seats at the next election @ 4/1, booked.

It's 150 total just so we are clear?

Comment

Getting slaughtered from 33 obv but like overs on current line. Think FG take a lot of them expecting v.popular giveaway in next budget. The fragmented left will take a few more. Protest Anti FF vote lto probably regain a bit as well. Could well be burning money but I like the price so will take another 100 if you want.
                                                                                                              You are putting a lot of faith in FF and FG there

I reckon they get ~75 between them, with FG hitting mid-fifties

so 85 seats up for grabs among 'the rest'. SF are the most disciplined and organised force among that grouping and will be ruthless in hammering LAB. Independents will be their usual chaotic selves and the micro-parties (SP, AAA, PBP, Renua) show no signs of growing organisational capability before an election.

I'd put SF on 25 on a bad day and they could well go over 30.

Comment

It's 150 total just so we are clear?
                                                                                                                yep, gl, gl - you've bet 150 to win 600

SF under 20 seats scoops for you. (20 seats is a loser )

Comment

You are putting a lot of faith in FF and FG there

I reckon they get ~75 between them, with FG hitting mid-fifties

so 85 seats up for grabs among 'the rest'. SF are the most disciplined and organised force among that grouping and will be ruthless in hammering LAB. Independents will be their usual chaotic selves and the micro-parties (SP, AAA, PBP, Renua) show no signs of growing organisational capability before an election.

I'd put SF on 25 on a bad day and they could well go over 30.
                                                                                                                  I reckon it will be considerably more than 75.

Wouldn't it be sad if we all had the same opinions.

Comment

The other interesting line is independents. PP have set it at 33.5

I think that's a high bar (close enough to one Indo in every constituency and over 20% of seats) for a grouping historically lacking in organisation and finances.

Happy to take the unders if anyone wants to bet?

Comment

yep, gl, gl - you've bet 150 to win 600

SF under 20 seats scoops for you. (20 seats is a loser )
                                                                                                                      I understand that 20 seats is a loser due to the fact that I have placed a bet before and I am not retarded. Cheers though.

Comment

I reckon it will be considerably more than 75.

Wouldn't it be sad if we all had the same opinions.
                                                                                                                        80 = a majority in the new Dail (158 seats)

It would want a serious TINA election for that to happen and if it did, it would be a FG surge mainly at the expense of FF in the country and LAB in more affluent Dublin suburbs.

Comment

The other interesting line is independents. PP have set it at 33.5

I think that's a high bar (close enough to one Indo in every constituency and over 20% of seats) for a grouping historically lacking in organisation and finances.

Happy to take the unders if anyone wants to bet?
                                                                                                                          I was going to ask about this. How many seats do you think the others get?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X