This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
    I think we will miss Ulsters finest Andy Trimble who is fantastic at Schmidt rugby. Not the fastest but very smart and if you are taking on a side with aggression it nice to know your winger can smash a second row with a huge hit.
    ah yeah but we do have several other wingers who can do as good a job

speaking of physicality, Dave Kearney brought gasps from the crowd when he came on last w/e, looked like he had been eating spinach all summer
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Nice to see positive news !

Regulators are looking at licensing vapes for medical use with Public Health England predicting it could save 7,600 lives each year
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

speaking of physicality, Dave Kearney brought gasps from the crowd when he came on last w/e, looked like he had been eating spinach all summer
        lol, is that what they're called now?

Comment

Indeed but I would say that Heally has been proven to be replaceable and we will need to learn to live with that either way. We can hardly start him cold into the French game after such a long lay off. Last time he came back from injury he over played everything and we cant afford that against the French.

SO'B can be replaced by Chris Henry for a more traditional 7 or if we just want a big ball carrier/physical presence at 7 we have options for that aswell.

Sexton and Heaslip are our 2 irreplaceables skills wise and O'Connell for his presence and leadership.

I would say murray is more critical to the team now than Heally or O'Brien but they sure do make the team a lot better. Same as Trimble does.

Ramble over

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Vegetarian living with us for a while.

@Tara Any simple tasty recipes to impress with?

Vegetarian must be female if you want to impress

We'll really need pics before we can recommend the correct recipe...

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
              I paid €115. How much can they be bought for blank?

Let's go into business. I'll look after Sales and tax, you look after the tech. Buy a job lot from China and market them as "dodgy boxes" that get rid of the need for SKY. They would fly off the shelves to the Northside. Once there is an hint of criminality in them they will sell like hot cakes.

50/50 partners.
              Pi+Case+Micro SD are the necessary pieces

Micro USB charger
              Network Cable/Wifi Dongle
              HDMI
              would be Luxury addons
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anyone got an electric car? How close to becoming reasonable are they?

Most of them are dog ugly unfortunately*, but really very interested in the idea.

*bar the i8. Drool

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                  Vegetarian must be female if you want to impress

We'll really need pics before we can recommend the correct recipe...
                  Of course its a female but I must clarify I'm very happily married.
                  Haven't really catered for vegetarians in my cooking plans before and I'm assuming boiled potatoes and carrots won't cut it.

SPOILER
                  Afraid not
                  Pics

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    Anyone got an electric car? How close to becoming reasonable are they?

Most of them are dog ugly unfortunately*, but really very interested in the idea.

*bar the i8. Drool
                    Dyson recently bought a US battery company that claim they can produce double the storage for 1/5 of the price which would bring $25,000 EVs to the market.

Have a student doing a project on solid state batteries this coming year, as well as one working on solar hydrogen. Both bases covered

Comment

I see Sangakkara retires after the next test against India. Would have to be in the top 10 of batsmen I have ever seen.

SPOILER
                      1. Lara

2. Richards

3. Tendulkar
                      4. Ponting
                      5. Dravid
                      6. Martin Crowe
                      7. Gower
                      8. Mark Waugh
                      9. Kallis
                      10. Greenidge

Classy individual too:

They are my foundation, they are my family. I will play my cricket for them. Their spirit is the true spirit of cricket. With me are all my people. I am Tamil, Sinhalese, Muslim and Burgher. I am a Buddhist, a Hindu, a follower of Islam and Christianity. I am today, and always, proudly Sri Lankan.

Comment

I see Sangakkara retires after the next test against India. Would have to be in the top 10 of batsmen I have ever seen.

SPOILER
                        1. Lara

2. Richards

3. Tendulkar
                        4. Ponting
                        5. Dravid
                        6. Martin Crowe
                        7. Gower
                        8. Mark Waugh
                        9. Kallis
                        10. Greenidge

Classy individual too:
                        Ah Viv Richards was special alright and was a real talisman, made it look so easy, it was like he was a professional from a game that was emerging from the amatuer ranks.
                        Beefy Both not on the list!, the man was a colossus. And was the main man for single handidly spearheading your greatest cricket bet of all time if memory serves.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          The London Times today front page headlined the latest uk government approved medical research into vaping. Effectively just about every anti-vaping notion put forward here has now been demolished and left quivering in the corner. Even the Telegraph inside article has gone with 'smokers urged to get vaping'. Daily Mail went with '1 million negro vapers heading here'. (this last one may not be true).
                          Britain’s eight million smokers are being encouraged to switch to e-cigarettes by public health officials despite concerns they could be toxic

Nice to get some good news for a change.
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                            Ah Viv Richards was special alright and was a real talisman, made it look so easy, it was like he was a professional from a game that was emerging from the amatuer ranks.
                            Beefy Both not on the list!, the man was a colossus. And was the main man for single handidly spearheading your greatest cricket bet of all time if memory serves.
                            Botham wouldn't be in the top 100 batsmen, his average was only 33 or so.

He was an absolutely superb bowler though.

Comment

Where's Chris gayle

Comment

Probably true but that 33 has so much implied value. My test is he did it when the chips were down. Usually these fellas that get the centuries are doing it when its all wrapped up anyway. I kinda drifted out of the game after himself, gatting and co retired.
                                You have the plague yet or is it still in the hosting stage?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...officials.html

Nice to get some good news for a change.
                                  Can't believe you have me on ignore
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Probably true but that 33 has so much implied value. My test is he did it when the chips were down. Usually these fellas that get the centuries are doing it when its all wrapped up anyway. I kinda drifted out of the game after himself, gatting and co retired.
                                    You have the plague yet or is it still in the hosting stage?
                                    nice 5am puking\shitting episode by the youngest

feel a bit dodgy myself although probably to be expected

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                      Where's Chris gayle
                                      good gasher but not a great player by any means imo

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                        I can't believe you have AJ on ignore.

Comment

Vaping: e-cigarettes safer than smoking, says Public Health England

Government body says vaping can make ‘significant contribution to endgame of tobacco’ and raises concerns about length of licensing process

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                            I would never do such a thing! My F5 key must be worn out. didn't see your post.
                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Frankie did well to get Golden Horn beat there

Comment

Had Boojum for lunch, did not disappoint.

Not accepting laser card is way too hipster doh.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                  I can't believe you have AJ on ignore.
                                                  Lol
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Frankie did well to get Golden Horn beat there
                                                    ffs had the up to incl 2 1/2L @9/4
                                                    I didnt get the kitchen sink feel about that ride at all.

Comment

ffs had the up to incl 2 1/2L @9/4
                                                      I didnt get the kitchen sink feel about that ride at all.
                                                      I guess he beat The Grey Gatsby the same as previous. So maybe Arabian Queen is some kind of unexposed Treve type.

Comment

Oil by 2016 might be down to the same price as it was last time we had a Clinton in the White house.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                          Oil by 2016 might be down to the same price as it was last time we had a Clinton in the White house.
                                                          only reason she'll be there will be accompanying Bill on presidential reunions

Evens Hilary may well be the worst odds I have ever seen on any political market ever

Comment

Ok I'm sold where's the best place to buy to buy a starter kit for this vaping lark?
                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

only reason she'll be there will be accompanying Bill on presidential reunions

Evens Hilary may well be the worst odds I have ever seen on any political market ever
                                                              You are mad. Sanders won't beat Hillary in a national vote, and not a single member of the Republican clown car is a viable candidate. A Hillary/Bernie ticket is a certainty.

Comment

Am I the only one that'd have Sexton ahead of Carter in a world XI? Would also think that Jonathan Joseph would come close rather than just saying all backs would come from NZ.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                  Am I the only one that'd have Sexton ahead of Carter in a world XI? Would also think that Jonathan Joseph would come close rather than just saying all backs would come from NZ.
                                                                  Predator at 12 nonu. 13 Conrad smith Ben smith is very versatile has electric pace

Comment

You are mad. Sanders won't beat Hillary in a national vote, and not a single member of the Republican clown car is a viable candidate. A Hillary/Bernie ticket is a certainty.
                                                                    I agree that Sanders won't beat Hilary in the primary.
                                                                    I think Hilary is an 85% chance to be the Dem candidate.
                                                                    And then she will lose.
                                                                    Heavily.

Comment

I guess he beat The Grey Gatsby the same as previous. So maybe Arabian Queen is some kind of unexposed Treve type.
                                                                      I think it could be the time to create an El Tren type Arabian Queen fanclub.

Comment

A Hillary/Bernie ticket is a certainty.
                                                                        I'll take the other side of this if you like.

Comment

And then she will lose.
                                                                          Heavily.
                                                                          Surely the republicans will suffer from having to appeal to the batshit side in the primaries again. I know Hilary has a lot of baggage from Bill, but I certainly can't see it being a heavy defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                            Surely the republicans will suffer from having to appeal to the batshit side in the primaries again. I know Hilary has a lot of baggage from Bill, but I certainly can't see it being a heavy defeat.
                                                                            post primary, the GOP nominee (Walker ) will execute the tricky dance move known as the 'pivot to the centre'

18/1 today

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                              Ok I'm sold where's the best place to buy to buy a starter kit for this vaping lark?
                                                                              Purple box is very good in temple bar. Don't bother with a starter kit get something decent. Get 2 batteries too.
                                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

And then she will lose.
                                                                                Heavily.
                                                                                Heavy correlation between % votes in primaries and performance in national elections.

Since it is almost a racing certainty that generic Dem beats generic Republican then when you add in the cake walk Hillary will get then excluding some massive unknown scandal or major event (Katrina or 9/11 level event) then Hillary wins an electoral college election right now against any Republican by a sizable margin.

Rubio is the only viable wild card but it's probably one election cycle too early for him.
                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                  Since it is almost a racing certainty that generic Dem beats generic Republican

Comment

exactly and not just once but twice. American voters don't really care about the message they care about the show.

Hillary Clinton is a lot of things - most of them not particularly nice and none of them charismatic.

Comment

That was 16 years ago (by the time of the election). The electoral math I'm referring to is 2016, not 2000.

If you're so sure Hillary gets crushed offer me a price

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                        exactly and not just once but twice. American voters don't really care about the message they care about the show.
                                                                                        My point exactly. Second time he was an incumbent. He walked his primary. It made his election easier. Hillary is polling at incumbent levels. Nobody has polled this way for a non-incumbent in over 30 years

Comment

That was 16 years ago (by the time of the election). The electoral math I'm referring to is 2016, not 2000.

If you're so sure Hillary gets crushed offer me a price
                                                                                          your Hilary vs my everyone else in the universe

evens (same odds or slightly better than the bookies)

Comment

Let me be the first one this term use the word 'Caucasus'

Obama has been such a glass of water. I hope whoever it is next has a bit of character.
                                                                                            Whoever gets in will need to do well in the Caucasus

Comment

your Hilary vs my everyone else in the universe

evens (same odds or slightly better than the bookies)
                                                                                              I'll take Hillary over Bush and Walker at evens.

EDIT: Said Bush or Walker, I clearly mean either of them if they win the nomination. If they don't get the nomination it's a push.

Comment

I'll take Hillary over Bush and Walker at evens.

EDIT: Said Bush or Walker, I clearly mean either of them if they win the nomination. If they don't get the nomination it's a push.
                                                                                                no, that's no good for me - I could back all of the putative Reps instead and achieve better odds for my conviction Hilary gets beat

the evens has to cover the (unlikely) event of Hilary losing the primary, dying, being incapacitated and then running against all and any challengers

Comment

no, that's no good for me - I could back all of the putative Reps instead and achieve better odds for my conviction Hilary gets beat

the evens has to cover the (unlikely) event of Hilary losing the primary, dying, being incapacitated and then running against all and any challengers
                                                                                                  Rubio and to a lesser extent Carson worry me on my side of the bet. They change the landscape in a weird way.

Also think there's more chance of Hillary dying than losing the nomination

Comment

Rubio and to a lesser extent Carson worry me on my side of the bet. They change the landscape in a weird way.

Also think there's more chance of Hillary dying than losing the nomination
                                                                                                    nice bit of backing away there

Comment

post primary, the GOP nominee (Walker ) will execute the tricky dance move known as the 'pivot to the centre'

18/1 today
                                                                                                      Have you a potential summer holiday resting on this eventuality?

That dance didn't work for Romney. I think Bush would probably have less dancing to do to get back there, but most of the rest need to appeal to the crazies a bit I think.

Do you think there is an almost 0% chance of Trump standing as an independent? I can't see it happening (and he won't get the nom obviously), but if he did he would be handing the election to the Dems.

Comment

I've offered you my horse against yours (and gave you an extra one) when you're 100% sure my horse loses heavily. I'm not backing away from that.

Comment

You always back down m8.

Comment

How many percentage points is Bill worth?

Former President Bill Clinton addresses the 2012 Democratic National Convention. He is joined on stage following his speech by President Barack Obama.Discov...

Comment

Reeling in the years just started on RTE is from 1993

Opr

Comment

18/1 today
                                                                                                                Quoted for wrongness.
                                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Reports now that United are after Mane. Probably cost Pedro's fee if they're to get him. Can't help but smile.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                                    Reports now that United are after Mane. Probably cost Pedro's fee if they're to get him. Can't help but smile.
                                                                                                                    Pedro has gone from a good player to past his peak and crap outside Barca since this morning so I reckon Mane will be world class by 9pm m8. Top signing.

Comment

Caught The Gift this afternoon, pretty awesome film. Good psychological thrillers are always more tense/nerve wracking than horrors imo. Look forward to Joel Edgertons next derectorial role if this is what he can deliver.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

I've offered you my horse against yours (and gave you an extra one) when you're 100% sure my horse loses heavily. I'm not backing away from that.
                                                                                                                          My horse is 'all the horses in the world' in this case.

You are also sure your horse wins!

As it stands you wants to back an evens shot against a 16/1 shot and a 4/1 shot. That's the kind of scam I'd try to engineer myself.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X