Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit of a disgrace that there are huge bushes and trees along that stretch. Why isn't the whole thing flat so people can see around that ridiculous bend?

That Polish lad is only marginally in the wrong imo, I'd lay more blame at the council.

Lucky escape Tony.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

So in other words, if you were driving faster, it would have been grand.

SPOILER
      JK, glad ye're all fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        A bit of a disgrace that there are huge bushes and trees along that stretch. Why isn't the whole thing flat so people can see around that ridiculous bend?

That Polish lad is only marginally in the wrong imo, I'd lay more blame at the council.

Lucky escape Tony.
        Solid white line is there for a reason. Micras should only be overtaking cyclists, skateboarders and horse riders at a push.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
          Solid white line is there for a reason. Micras should only be overtaking cyclists, skateboarders and horse riders at a push.
          I read it as he was forced to overtake.

Comment

sounds like I was watching a different game to the Sky Sports analysts. Clearly United playing a possession based game and you hear the likes of Souness saying stuff like "United obviously not going to excite us like they have in the past".
            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Lucky escape Tony.
              Sure was.

There is nothing growing that is blocking anyones view.

In the top pic behind the red car thats turning, land is a bit above the road so it is a 1M + high solid earth bank. Where the white car behind that is is where he should have been first seeing me but he was too fast and obv not paying attention.
              The lad is 100% in the wrong here, no excuses, so lucky not to have done serious harm.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                sounds like I was watching a different game to the Sky Sports analysts. Clearly United playing a possession based game and you hear the likes of Souness saying stuff like "United obviously not going to excite us like they have in the past".
                Souness has never said anything good about United.

Comment

Limerick beat Cork 3-2 tonight in Cork. They're on some run.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                    So in other words, if you were driving faster, it would have been grand.
                    It probably was the right option for him to take, at worst I would have only had a foot on the brake and as long as I don't get shunted into the oncoming car we are ok... as it happened I saw him coming in the rear view mirror so had a chance to head towards the edge.

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                    No, he was out of control, no chance to stop before hitting me so he gambled and lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      No, he was out of control, no chance to stop before hitting me so he gambled and lost.
                      Pretty impressive though, crumple zones, seatbelts, and airbags all doing their thing.
                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

TG4's production from the Fleadh is top quality stuff.

Its amazing how much good stuff TG4 manage to pull off on the budgets they have.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                          That's the league finished anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                            That's the league finished anyway.
                            Yeah, can't see Dundalk slipping up from here. Relegation battle should be good.

Comment

Barca 3-0 down to Atletic!

Comment

Yeah, can't see Dundalk slipping up from here. Relegation battle should be good.
                                Bray the worst run club in the country and on their 4th manager of the season are having their best season in ages.

This time last year Sligo beat Rosenborg away from home and are now in a relegation battle with Micky Adams in charge.

Mad league.

Comment

football really can be incredible at times, I don't think I'd a written a team off more than I'd written Limerick off three weeks ago. 20 games without a win and then to win three on the trot including away vs 2nd place, unreal stuff. Pity Sligo won tonight aswell, still a lot to do for Limerick but to even be in with a shout seemed an impossibility a month ago.
                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                    Make that 4-0 with 23 min left!

Comment

Souness has never said anything good about United.
                                      That's cause they're a bunch of cunce.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                        4-0. I fucking love when they get beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          That's cause they're a bunch of cunce.
                                          Having a few beers tonight?

Comment

Having a few beers tonight?
                                            Nope. The comment applies to Souness as well.

I'll be drinking tomorrow night though in town,and by town I mean Sligo in this instance as that's where I am now.

Comment

I'll be drinking tomorrow night though in town,and by town I mean Sligo in this instance as that's where I am now.
                                              What's Sligo like for a night out? I heard some aul biddy from Leitrim on the radio earlier giving out that Carrick on shannon was full of stags and hens. You'd think they'd be glad of the business.

Comment

Here is the train pics I took for you m8

Comment

First time watching the Imelda May show on RTE tonight, really good showcase for Irish bands, obviously using a format that works helps, would recommend.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                    First time watching the Imelda May show on RTE tonight, really good showcase for Irish bands, obviously using a format that works helps, would recommend.
                                                    Tried watching it a few times. Can't stand her though.

Comment

What's Sligo like for a night out? I heard some aul biddy from Leitrim on the radio earlier giving out that Carrick on shannon was full of stags and hens. You'd think they'd be glad of the business.
                                                      I was at a stag last year in Carrick and the whole thing is a bit grim. You have hordes of mostly dubs from what I could see boozing puking shouting and roaring along the whole town. If I was a local having to wash out my doors and windows from the stink of piss every Sunday morning I'd not like it either. The river is nice and a lovely pub right on the bridge with barbecue beside the river bank. If you own a business you have to put up with it the town would be dead without it. Death can be preferable than certain things.

Comment

Tried watching it a few times. Can't stand her though.
                                                        If she didn't have a stupid hairstyle no one would care.

Comment

4-0. I fucking love when they get beaten.
                                                          In fairness, Barca were probably playing at 10% of their ability. Had the Super Cup on Wednesday. This tonight with the 2nd leg on Tuesday and then La Liga starting Sunday Week (Bilbao away).

4 games in 11 days with the last one being the season opener. This was just a jog around the pitch for them tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                            If she didn't have a stupid hairstyle no one would care.
                                                            It's the skanger accent that annoys me tbh.

Comment

Sligo is ok but a lot quieter than years ago I think. I don't generally go into Sligo town drinking too often though, but with the fleadh there this weekend it might be a bit of craic even though I'm not particularly interested in the music.

Comment

Noticed Jordan Spieth used the term "freerolling" in an interview there (the context was it was his first time making the cut in the PGA Championship, so he joked that he was freerolling from here). I think that's fairly exclusively used as a poker term isn't it? Would you hear it much outside poker?

Tilt is another word I think should make it's way into everyday English. It captures a feeling that is more than just annoyance or aggravation.
                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

http://KEXP.ORG presents The Barr Brothers performing "Even The Darkness Has Arms" live from Harpa in Reykjavik during Iceland Airwaves 2012. Recorded on Nov...

Comment

Just seen a new series of other voices is starting on rte and thought of a documentary I came across after watching Amy that BBC made about her trip to Dingle. Probably as good as I have ever heard her sound. It also has quite a good interview with her in which her knowledge and love of music really comes across.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                      I was at a stag last year in Carrick and the whole thing is a bit grim. You have hordes of mostly dubs from what I could see boozing puking shouting and roaring along the whole town. If I was a local having to wash out my doors and windows from the stink of piss every Sunday morning I'd not like it either. The river is nice and a lovely pub right on the bridge with barbecue beside the river bank. If you own a business you have to put up with it the town would be dead without it. Death can be preferable than certain things.
                                                                      Was at one myself recently

Up until about 6-7 it was good craic, then it turned into a shitshow
                                                                      Locals in the pubs looked lost!

Place is as much dead due to the stags as it would be without them (people defo just got into the habit of avoiding going out there due to said stags/hens)

To top it all off, most of the hen parties were rough out!

Comment

We have someone who is deaf (elektra blue) AND someone who is a chef (themadchef), although one doesn't post at all anymore after a burst at one point, and one who doesn't post much. There is also lauralashes as well, but her posts are mostly under a different account recently doing updates for some tournies. Also, Liz is a poster from bygone days when feuds were more commonplace.
                                                                        Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                        Yeah I thought you meant she had an outburst of some sort and she left and knew I would remember that

She posted on boards a good bit and I was the one that got her to come over here. She had cut poker out for the most. Now she is like the rest of us!
                                                                        Yep that's Katrina Gallagher who is the chef at Mastersons Bar in Achill

Myself and Martin were in Achill and dropped in and had the most amazing food.. she did my a seafood salad and martin had (well I can't remember)... looked after us really well.. Amazing chef.. Must be a cool place to live.. Stunning scenery on your doorstep

Mastersons Bar And Anchor Restaurant, Golden Strand, Dugort, Achill, Achill, Mayo, Ireland. 3,825 likes · 11 talking about this · 1,115 were here. Traditional Bar and Restaurant on a scenic beach...

We got to know her at the flushdraws wedding... (great wedding)....
                                                                        Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Had the misfortune of sharing a train from Dublin to Carrick with a few stags and hens a few weeks ago. Hellish, gotta feel for the locals, though I'm sure there's plenty of pubs that keep the stags out

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                            Mr Robot episode 8

SPOILER
                                                                            Sister is something I never seen coming. I was furiously wracking my brain trying to work out how Angela and Darlene knew each other in the ballet class scene. So many little cool things in restropect,

First time we are introduced to Darlene

Opr
                                                                            What a show. The latest episode was top quality.
                                                                            SPOILER

There are several clues in re-watching the show about Darlene but its a fantastic reveal. It's brilliantly executed. Only 2 episodes left and its killing me to find out who mr robot really is? I mean mr robot = his dad, but the guy we see in the show based off Elliot's narrative... I still can't tell if he's actually Elliot's dad(alive!), someone else who Ellliot manifests as appearing like his dad or a full on Tyler Durden persona. Tyrell also know's Mr Robot's dirty little secret....!

I also found this little easter egg in the HTML on the whoismrrobot.com site:

SPOILER

Comment

Somebody do a CSI on this bad boy

ENHANCE

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                Had the misfortune of sharing a train from Dublin to Carrick with a few stags and hens a few weeks ago. Hellish, gotta feel for the locals, though I'm sure there's plenty of pubs that keep the stags out
                                                                                Not from what I saw was in a lovely quiet place one part was like a sitting room full of locals few German tourists. One french lad with us tried to show off had his cock in a pint glass about to piss into it. I nearly broke my toe the kick in the hole I gave him pint glass smashed on the ground.

Comment

http://www.sellm8.com

CHD & LSB gone into business?
                                                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                    http://www.sellm8.com

CHD & LSB gone into business?
                                                                                    Sounds more like airbnb for convicts

Comment

So it has been ages but is anyone ready for sat nav to finally organise the next ipb poker tourney. Obv should have been organised pre megatons retirement and him getting good at cards and shit at drinking.

Has been to long
                                                                                      Last edited by RichieM; 15-08-15, 00:51.

Comment

Poor White Knight.
                                                                                        Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                        FML - they have been drinking since 7.30am and come in for the night right at kick off, dog gets sick from garlic chips and now I have to clean up wine off the couch.
                                                                                        Well that certainly escalated. Been in A&E for 3 hours with herself needing surgery in the morning on a badly broken ankle! The resetting it tonight was tough to take even from my laid back perspective. The 2nd last time she was out with Sat Nav & co. she fractured her shoulder blade. I'll be doing a lot of driving Miss Daisy for the rest of the year!

Comment

Well that certainly escalated. Been in A&E for 3 hours with herself needing surgery in the morning on a badly broken ankle! The resetting it tonight was tough to take even from my laid back perspective. The 2nd last time she was out with Sat Nav & co. she fractured her shoulder blade. I'll be doing a lot of driving Miss Daisy for the rest of the year!
                                                                                          That sucks she gave me s sat ticket won a 1500 package out of it. Had a dislocated ankle reset the sound snd pain were horrible wish had a skinful of booze.

Comment

He's a man, she's a woman
                                                                                            He's Jose Mourinho, she's only a qualified doctor
                                                                                            Jose = right

You're welcome.
                                                                                            Doctors are the new pilots who are now taxi drivers of the sky.

google > doctors

If the ref called them on he is wrong. I see now on SSN he was shouting which is understandable as we would have been down to 8 men to defend whilst under pressure. Things seemed to be kept internal until the glorious English media blew it up. Nothing wrong with thanking people for support imo. Demoting them for a week or two seems stupid imo, should have been sorted on Monday. Get rid or clear stuff up.

Meh tbh. Mourinho being angry is fine but its a lose/lose for him, he should know better. Dealt with it pretty badly on Monday. English media making mountains out of molehills. Jose is well known to be a top pro behind the scenes. Treats every head of department as an equal, this will be some sort of poxy punishment for the medical staff so they know to communicate with our legendary control freak Jose.

I bet most people are upset cause they won't see Eva's arse on the weekends. Football m8 wha.
                                                                                            It stopped being internal when he had a freak attack pitch side.

What's also interesting with the Mourinho situation is that he's well known for always diverting the attention away from his players after a bad performance. Usually, he works the spotlight onto himself. In this situation, it's a bit peculiar because one would think he'd see his medical personnel in a similar light to his players (they're still both HIS staff) so wouldn't want to needlessly put them under the bus. So it's not clear if this is all genuine, or if it's just another case of Mourinho diverting the spotlight onto something else after a bad performance to allow his players focus without the media scrutinization. It could all be a bit orchestrated and Mourinho/Carneiro could simply be 'taking one for the team'.
                                                                                            No, he is just a knob.

Poor White Knight.

Lucky escape Tony.

m8, aren't you one of those global warming believers, now you want them to plow everything down so cunce can see around corners they should take it handy on.
                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Server needed a kick up the hole. I gave it to it once I woke up and saw the site was down. Unrelated to the thing earlier in the week.

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                                Yep that's Katrina Gallagher who is the chef at Mastersons Bar in Achill

Myself and Martin were in Achill and dropped in and had the most amazing food.. she did my a seafood salad and martin had (well I can't remember)... looked after us really well.. Amazing chef.. Must be a cool place to live.. Stunning scenery on your doorstep

Mastersons Bar And Anchor Restaurant, Golden Strand, Dugort, Achill, Achill, Mayo, Ireland. 3,825 likes · 11 talking about this · 1,115 were here. Traditional Bar and Restaurant on a scenic beach...

We got to know her at the flushdraws wedding... (great wedding)....
                                                                                                I've stayed out at her house a few times now. Stayed for a k and then a long weekend. Beautiful area and where she lives is so remote. So unspoiled as well.

Also eat in the pub where she is head chef too a few times, got extra spoiled of course. Really need to organise av trip back. Been a while!

Comment

Caught this documentary in Cineworld yesterday was quite the watch "Meet the dirtiest cop in NYC history. Michael Dowd stole money and dealt drugs while patrolling the streets of 80s Brooklyn."

Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnSubscribe to INDIE & FILM FESTIVALS: http://bit.ly/1wbkfYgLike us on...
                                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                    So it has been ages but is anyone ready for sat nav to finally organise the next ipb poker tourney. Obv should have been organised pre megatons retirement and him getting good at cards and shit at drinking.

Has been to long
                                                                                                    Surely we'd be safer with someone else organinsing!

Comment

lord what a night.
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

The last week or so my gmail app is really killing my phone battery, as in it'll drain from fully charged to empty in about 5 hours even with zero use on the phone. If I force stop the app the battery use will go down much slower but the app will start up again, usually when I get another email. I really don't want to turn notifications off. Is there anything that can be done for this? Anyone fixed an issue like this before? I've restarted, cleared data/cache, but short of uninstalling the app (which I don't want to do) I'm not sure what there is to do.
                                                                                                        You thought about ditching it and using Inbox instead?

Story is awhile old but interesting the whole tournament was cancelled with people rightly upset, talk of lawsuits & whatnot should have a gander on PokerNews for more info he was also caught for counterfeiting DVD's.
                                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Watched Catfish last night, really enjoyed it.

A lot of people online claiming it's a hoax a la Blair Witch, I don't think so. Weird how given what she did, you can't help feeling warmth towards her at the end. It was pretty sad actually, the loneliness of it.

Great flick.

Comment

Another thing, I think I'm just gonna totally ignore Netflix's star ratings from now on, was hesitant to watch Catfish given it had less than 3 out of 5.

Comment

Or, and bear with me here, he could open a sandwich shop.
                                                                                                              It's KHD. Also you are adopted

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                                                                It's KHD. Also you are adopted
                                                                                                                I won that niggling banter battle m8. 1-0 to me.

Comment

Love/Hate back next year woop

Comment

Another thing, I think I'm just gonna totally ignore Netflix's star ratings from now on, was hesitant to watch Catfish given it had less than 3 out of 5.
                                                                                                                    When did you catch the ghey Lazare. Jesus its pretty painful and fake. How could anyone do some of the shite these people do and be so gullible. When living in chicago I lived with two girls who watched it religiously. Democracy ruled in the apartment
                                                                                                                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Love/Hate back next year woop
                                                                                                                      Yeah, they've been re-running it every night last week, and next week to get people in the mood. Good stuff!

Comment

Anyone playing the Maldron today?
                                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X