X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gona pop a pizza in the oven m8s

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      Seen em in brochures before. Bit gimmicky id imagine. Wouldn't fancy straddling the jacks to have a shave (although maybe you could sit down!)

Hair & soap shite would eventually block up inside the jacks too id say
      Not as a sink would be my take but as a cistern is filling/wash the hands with the flowing water type gig, id buy one.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
        Gona pop a pizza in the oven m8s
        Off to another baseball game tonight m8s... Surprising more fun than I expected. More so than cricket anyhow.
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
          Off to another baseball game tonight m8s... Surprising more fun than I expected. More so than cricket anyhow.
          It really isnt
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
            It really isnt
            It really is, and I like cricket.
            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Enjoy m8 but it has to be said, Baseball is utter and complete horse shit.

Men full of steroids playing extreme rounders.

Comment

whats the best chrome extension for seeing Youtube vidoes blocked by country? Alot of the ones in the Chrome store for RTE player or whatever dont seem to affect youtube.

Comment

It really is, and I like cricket.
                  Each to their own and all that. At least it's a good place to drink a nice few beers.
                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                    whats the best chrome extension for seeing Youtube vidoes blocked by country? Alot of the ones in the Chrome store for RTE player or whatever dont seem to affect youtube.
                    Hola unblocker
                    airport, lol

Comment

I just use Hola. 9/10 its restricted to USA but is a pain using Hola.

Comment

I just use Hola. 9/10 its restricted to USA but is a pain using Hola.
                        How was the pizza m8?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                          How was the pizza m8?
                          Didn't make it, got lazy and had a ham sambo with some cheese Doritos.

Comment

NOELHAYES/Brian Hastings story is rumbling lately.

Comment

Nobody gives a fuck about poker anymore mate.
                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                lol, who the fuck are they?
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                  lol, who the fuck are they?
                                  Aldo and McGregor no?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                    http://www.cardschat.com/news/betbri...-scandal-14301

Tony's dropped him in it...

Hayes’ ownership of the “NoelHayes” account was confirmed by Flushdraw.net two weeks ago, via third-party sources. The site also posted a link to an Irish poker forum known as boards.ie, in which Hayes, posting as BigCityBanker, discusses his play in a 2007 online tournament as “NoelHayes.

Read more: http://www.cardschat.com/news/betbri...#ixzz3iaF8rolA

Comment

the 2+2 thread has been digging up a lot of old boards/IPB threads. Have a look at the latest post in BCB's well on boards: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...289802&page=11

EDIT: post was deleted. Basically it was just a question in BCB's well (the most recent post in the thread was from 2008) asking "what is your involvement with the Brian Hastings multi-accounting scandal"
                                      Last edited by Jam-Fly; 12-08-15, 16:39.
                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

For the thespians; Dublin Theatre Festival bookings open to the general public at 10am today.

Scared to recommend anything in case Collie objects again.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            Have IKEA, Irish boxes, French electrical goods shop, gas and electricity dudes all calling to the apartment today to do / deliver / install stuff. No idea how the fck that was all organised through just knowledge of pgymy French. The gas company telephone conversation was an hour long and based almost entirely on me assuming the unintelligible questions they were asking were the same as those that Bord Gais would ask and responding to those assumed questions. It seems like an achievement of sorts, and yet at the same time the most mundane activity in the world.
                                            you seem to be getting the hang of French living, now time to assimilate more:

When Americans move to France, they frequently find the French have different attitudes towards dating, love, romance, fidelity and sex.

Comment

I'd never heard of Betbright before reading that link, I wonder how many thousands more haven't.

Hmmmm. Genius?
                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                the 2+2 thread has been digging up a lot of old boards/IPB threads. Have a look at the latest post in BCB's well on boards: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...289802&page=11
                                                Name change please

Comment

'Morning IPBers.
                                                  'Morning 2+2ers.

Comment

Comment

Eek just read that story now. Maybe let's see what we can do to cut down the mentions of NH name. Sometimes these things can blow up unexpectedly, but no need for us to help it along.
                                                      I think that ship has sailed. If the account name was Hitchiker's Guide To... or JoeBloggs1, there's a chance NH would've gotten away without his name being brought up at all. The fact the account name was his real name was the killer.
                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Eek just read that story now. Maybe let's see what we can do to cut down the mentions of NH name. Sometimes these things can blow up unexpectedly, but no need for us to help it along.
                                                        How would this blow up unexpectedly? Unless the extra site traffic is what is crashing the site.

Lack of horse tips is a bit of an issue tho

Comment

Comment

What did you have for tea 2+2?

Beef jerky?
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Any thoughts on the Airbnb situation lads?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                  there's a situation?

Comment

Not sure why people thought they wouldn't be liable for tax in this situation, other than the Irish ah shur begorrah its only a few quid attitude.
                                                                    And clearly nothing to do with the rent-a-room scheme either.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      there's a situation?
                                                                      Well, the 'clarification' of the tax issue as well as having the details sent to Revenue (open and shut case) is going to be pretty painful for a lot of people. There'll be plenty of unknowing liabilities as opposed to intentional evaders imo.

It seems kind of retrospective/unfair to me though. Obviously the small print will have told 'sellers' that they are liable to check the tax situation in the country that they are renting in, but still. People are idiots, and it wasn't spoken about much / at all.

On the other hand, there's definitely a horde of good quality homes/apartments that are solely on airbnb for weekend visitors (@ previous no tax) instead of normal rental market, so this a good step to flush them out and into the open.

Comment

I've been looking at the numbers for buying place that would for the foreseeable future be used only as an air bnb. I assumed that tax would have to be paid on all the income so was surprised to think that anyone thought they would be able to squeeze in the 12K rent a room allowance under that umbrella.
                                                                        Obv I don't blame them for trying
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Well, the 'clarification' of the tax issue as well as having the details sent to Revenue (open and shut case) is going to be pretty painful for a lot of people. There'll be plenty of unknowing liabilities as opposed to intentional evaders imo.

It seems kind of retrospective/unfair to me though. Obviously the small print will have told 'sellers' that they are liable to check the tax situation in the country that they are renting in, but still. People are idiots, and it wasn't spoken about much / at all.

On the other hand, there's definitely a horde of good quality homes/apartments that are solely on airbnb for weekend visitors (@ previous no tax) instead of rental market, so this a good step to flush them out and into the open.
                                                                          OIC

pay up, shut up - nothing to see here imo

Comment

It seems kind of retrospective/unfair to me though. Obviously the small print will have told 'sellers' that they are liable to check the tax situation in the country that they are renting in, but still.

On the other hand, there's definitely a horde of good quality homes/apartments that are solely on airbnb for weekend visitors (@ previous no tax) instead of rental market, so this a good step to flush them out and into the open.
                                                                            I'd imagine that revenue will be reasonably harsh but fair on the retrospective part, will probably allow for expenses based on average costs / current years expenses.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                              Not sure why people thought they wouldn't be liable for tax in this situation, other than the Irish ah shur begorrah its only a few quid attitude.
                                                                              And clearly nothing to do with the rent-a-room scheme either.
                                                                              the next EZ money tree for Revenue should be the people renting rooms to language students over the summer

Comment

My assumption is Noel wants his name linked to the issue of selling to high stakes players / high stakes multi accounters, why else would he have sold the accounts on? I don't see how this can be a benefit to him given he works in the industry, but he's too smart to have done it in the first place unless it does. At least I assume he is. It seems crystal clear that no one with a clue believed at any point he was playing on those accounts at those levels...
                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Didn't make it, got lazy and had a ham sambo with some cheese Doritos.
                                                                                  Seems like more effort there than just popping a pizza in the oven

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                    I was in the Phoenix Park Sunday to cheer on a few people to the finish line in the Half Ironman.

I was shocked at the number of people that were clearly overweight (to the point of being clinically obese) that were competing. There was easily three dozen people that I saw that were overweight/obese in the hour and a half I was there

Made me feel quite bad and lazy about myself as I've slacked right off lately, partly due to work having gone banana's but partly to not giving a fuck also
                                                                                    Last bit is the best, been meaning to give you a call and see how your progress has been going.
                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

...

Comment

For the thespians; Dublin Theatre Festival bookings open to the general public at 10am today.

Scared to recommend anything in case Collie objects again.
                                                                                        Any recommendations?

Am thinking A View from the Bridge, Dancing at Lughnasa and Hooked! for now, very pedestrian choices but surely will be enjoyable.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                            Any recommendations?

Am thinking A View from the Bridge, Dancing at Lughnasa and Hooked! for now, very pedestrian choices but surely will be enjoyable.
                                                                                            It's a pretty disappointing lineup in my view (not much of note from abroad) although I know hotspur holds a different view. Dancing at Lughnasa ffs.

Standout for me is A View from the Bridge, looking forward to that as the Gate have been doing some outstanding Miller productions lately.

Also going to The Night Alive, which did really well in 'Murica. And giving Shibboleth a go, without any great expectations.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime seems to be sold out already, which is wierd.

Bringing the kids to Manxmouse, which will hopefully be good craic. The Ark is a fantastic resource that very few people seem to know about, despite being smack in the middle of Temple Bar.

Comment

Speaking of tickets, somehow got talked into going to the rugby on Saturday.

€50 lowest priced seat, for a fucking friendly. Seems unreasonable but nothing sells like success I suppose.

Comment

Rumour has it every time nh is mentioned in poker it was summoning the dark lord Noel hayes.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                  Some amount of morons in the GAA forum on boards. Puts the soccer forum to shame.
                                                                                                  That's definitely not accurate!

Comment

€50 lowest priced seat, for a fucking friendly. Seems unreasonable but nothing sells like success I suppose.
                                                                                                    I'm too stingy for Live rugby these days. Can't even pretend to be interested in the tickets at the prices around.

My local division 32151 club can have the cash instead.

Comment

On the other hand, there's definitely a horde of good quality homes/apartments that are solely on airbnb for weekend visitors (@ previous no tax) instead of normal rental market, so this a good step to flush them out and into the open.
                                                                                                      I don't know how many people can really use the excuse of it was on the internet so I didn't think it was like real income. Pretty weak excuse and people who did it once or twice will be annoyed but only be on the hook for a few 100 euro's anyway. They will just think, that was pretty obvious but I guess I can try and write it off against the redecorating I got done since it has become a business expense and minimise it as an expense.

People who were renting out large enough quantities and duration to make a sizable income and incur a back breaking tax bill than they are pretty dim. It is the equivalent of a taxi driver thinking that because someone Hailo's a cab he dosnt have to declare it or trading shares online and thinking that because you didnt walk into a stock exchange you dont need to pay cgt.

Comment

Snitches get stitches.
                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I had a look and could only find tickets for €110 as the cheapest.

Laughed a little and will watch in a pub

Comment

I'm too stingy for Live rugby these days. Can't even pretend to be interested in the tickets at the prices around.

My local division 32151 club can have the cash instead.
                                                                                                            Heineken Cup games are still fine but internationals are just ridiculous

The decision has come down for this season's train\rugby bonanza; Oyonnax vs Ulster (we have acquired a Cavan man). Will certainly be the smallest place yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                              ** 9 Childhood Stars Who Are Now More Stunning Than Ever!**
                                                                                                              ** 9 Types Of Clothing That Are Irresistible To Men Everywhere**
                                                                                                              ** 9 Of The Most Gorgeous Female Athletes You've Never Heard Of**

Why is Outbrain so obsessed with lists of 9? What happened to the good old Top 10?

Christ I hate Outbrain and Taboola and that Around the Web shite with a vengeance.
                                                                                                              People like to think they are busy. Way-too-busy to be reading a whole list of ten anythings, but nine, just nine ... well might just click.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                I had a look and could only find tickets for €110 as the cheapest.

Laughed a little and will watch in a pub
                                                                                                                I dunno where you looked because there's loads of good tickets available on Ticketmaster for much less than half that.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                                  I dunno where you looked because there's loads of good tickets available on Ticketmaster for much less than half that.
                                                                                                                  will look again that is weird.

Comment

must have been trying to buy for the 2 games or something.

Comment

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime seems to be sold out already, which is weird.
                                                                                                                      It has been on sale for months although it only sold out recently.

Definitely an underwhelming lineup compared to recent years.

Comment

the next EZ money tree for Revenue should be the people renting rooms to language students over the summer
                                                                                                                        Share purchase schemes....
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

I couldn't giveaway match tickets this morning. Not going myself but one of the other lads is taking them. First world problem.

On my own euro I always go restricted view for the AIs and 6Ns. Can't justify full price. European cup is much better value.
                                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X