X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
    Other half drank till 4am, poor fucker dying and now has to face this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfCWhkBfUE0&sns=fb
    Are you not dying yourself? I saw you post a pic of your seven glasses of wine and a mojito at closing time last night. I have the fear myself just thinking about it.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Are you not dying yourself? I saw you post a pic of your seven glasses of wine and a mojito at closing time last night. I have the fear myself just thinking about it.
      Yeah I don't unfold ow many people on Facebook but........

Comment

mon kildare
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Drugs obv. Also beware anyone who tries to convince you that this means Farrah and Bolt are proven as clean. As the recent BBC documentary demonstrated, you can be dosing EPO and not display abnormalities (Bolt wouldn't benefit from EPO anyway)
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

[QUOTE=ArmaniJeans;913359
            Some negatives as well, yesterdays FPN introduction is quite sad - basically the authorities saying that they are going to harshly apply to cyclists a set of traffic regulations that only exist in the first place because of the presence of motorised traffic on our streets. So 'car supremacy' confirmed by the lawmakers.
            Would love if a cycling organisation in Dublin organised the protest that took place in SanFran this week where 100 cyclists went single file perfectly obeying every stop sign and red/amber light, didn't shoal or edge past white lines - it brought areas of the city to a standstill within minutes.[/QUOTE]

Really you don't think cyclists should obey the rules of the road? No offence but going through pedestrian crossing when there is a green man(your yellow light means go if clear when people are croaking the road it means stop) not stopping at zebra crossing, going through red lights and hoping into the pavement to get round cars or traffic lights is really Assholey behaviour and should be enforced and punished.

Yes people should be encouraged to cycle and I love using Dublin bikes but to say that bikes should over rule car and pedestrians is nonsense. Rules make the road safer for cars, pedestrians and cyclists. "Car supremacy" cop on. The rules are there for safety and to allow people to get accross the streets. Obv bikes should be subject to the same rules. If someone puts a sail boat on wheels I will also expect them to stop at red lights.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              I still have about 4 months left in a 12 months for €99 deal for setanta including BT. I doubt that'll happen again this year but it'd be nice.
              Yeah missed that. Hard to see it happening again this year given they have all the champions league now plus with McGregor the UFC ppvs are a bigger draw.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                Really you don't think cyclists should obey the rules of the road? No offence but going through pedestrian crossing when there is a green man(your yellow light means go if clear when people are croaking the road it means stop) not stopping at zebra crossing, going through red lights and hoping into the pavement to get round cars or traffic lights is really Assholey behaviour and should be enforced and punished.
                Much more accurate to phrase it that "I don't think the rules of the road need to be something that apply in equal measures to all forms of transport". e.g., it would be perfectly fine to allow cyclists to treat reds as ~Stop signs, come to complete stop and continue through if safe, whilst still maintaining the current rules for motors. Ditto left turns on reds for cyclists would be OK.
                One way systems are also interesting coz you know we only need them because of the nature of motorized traffic, more problematical to come up with a cycling solution though. Also something like shoaling (every cyclist edging past the white line in stopped traffic) is a FPN offence but is actually a good thing for traffic flow and safety.
                Yes people should be encouraged to cycle and I love using Dublin bikes but to say that bikes should over rule car and pedestrians is nonsense. Rules make the road safer for cars, pedestrians and cyclists. "Car supremacy" cop on. The rules are there for safety and to allow people to get accross the streets. Obv bikes should be subject to the same rules. If someone puts a sail boat on wheels I will also expect them to stop at red lights.
                This is just repeating something that sounds inherently like it must be true because we hear it from wise sounding people in the radio and in authority, but on examination it's not actually a trueism.

Idaho Stop rule, a surprising example of a place that has looked beyond the simple 'everyone should be subject to the same rules' mantra.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Nobody is saying that there shouldn't be rules, but there shouldn't be exactly the same rules. Most places have different laws for cyclists and cars and there is a "cars always at fault" bias which may not be fair but makes things safer. One rule that is different is speed limit, they don't apply to bikes here or other countries like they do to cars. It goes on and on but there is no way you just slap car rules onto bikes without thinking about each rule, even if most should be the same.

Same with red lights, a lot of places treat them as stop signs for bikes, because a lot of the time it just makes sense, a bike stops, checks if there are no pedestrians crossing and then may continue. There is not the same inherent danger of cars involved. If you got to Netherlands you will see different lights for bikes and for cars, bikes can often continue when cars can not. It's been shown to be quite beneficial for traffic in these cities. When there is not the infrastructure in place for two sets of lights the same thing happens, bikes can continue if A) Cars are not moving, b) No pedestrians crossing.

There are more bikes than people in these places, and you feel 100 times safer than here, because cars respect them and know if something goes wrong they will be liable. While not "fair" it makes it far safer and faster for everybody. "same rules for everybody" only sounds good on paper, mostly the same yes.

Here is a sign saying that cyclists can turn even when there is a red light on both the car and cyclist lights:

Passing red lights in NL has been legal for nearly 30 years and to a lesser extent in France and Belgium.

Obviously in countries with a high sense of ‘them vs. us’, cyclists ignoring red lights causes a lot of controversy. But in the Netherlands the feeling generally is: if a traffic situation leads to cyclists ignoring red lights without causing danger to themselves or others you should legalize that, because it helps to get cyclists to follow the rules at places where you really need them to do that.
                    They really have thought design through more than most:

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 02-08-15, 12:16.

Comment

Pretty much a Chromecast for a tenner.

Chromecast type device that allows you to stream content from your phone/tablet/pc to your TV. ********USE CODE QICOQXVO*******

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Ah Cilla Black. Why do the good have to die at 72
                        Another member of the 72 club
                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          I'm grand, left two glasses behind. I drank prob a bottle and a half if cava. Re that tower no fucking chance, im useless. Just got off the rapid river crying lol such a pussy. The fake beach with huge waves is fucking awesome.
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Comment

Gooch in. Eamonn Fitz is a ruthless bastard. CMON KERRY!!

Comment

Went out for a cycle yesterday afternoon & had those bananas you recommended Emmett made a big difference as didn't feel gassed & felt had more in the tank as I spun around the park, actually hit a few personal bests in sections of the park which was nice.

Also happened to bump into the Mayor of Baltimore out for a spin on his bike.

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Am also drinking my way through the fear, so not sure if that's cheating
                                    Best way to do it. Currently having one myself. I'd love to try that power tower but what if I die I'm thinking lol
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Que the 'lorra laughs'/'surprise surprise' puns and profiles.
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                        Another member of the 72 club
                                        Terry Savalas
                                        Alvin Stardust
                                        John Wayne
                                        Cilla

Comment

A chant of you'll never beat the dubs coming from the hill. Lol

Comment

Ah Cilla Black. Why do the good have to die at 72
                                            TR please.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Fucking Met Eireann's shit weather forecast means Minions movie this afternoon, ffs.
                                              Gobshites.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                A chant of you'll never beat the dubs coming from the hill. Lol
                                                lol you have to have a good sense of humour....

Kerry look very impressive.. and not even having to play their best .....

go on da Gooch....
                                                Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post

Really hope sp is not in Croker, this could break him. Passport Office tilt * 100.

Comment

the dobbys's must be having a ball

Comment

LOLywhites

Comment

Kildare fans should be singing this song. ...

Last edited by smurph; 02-08-15, 20:55.
                                                        Follow me in twitterland

Comment

7-16 0-10? Wat

Comment

russians man, i'll just stick my face in a particle accelerator
                                                            Today I found out what happens when you stick your head into a particle accelerator. Exhibit A: Anatoli Petrovich Bugorski, a Russian scientist who has the distinction of being the only person to ever stick his head in a running particle accelerator.  Shockingly, he also managed to survive the ordeal and, all things considered, came out without too much damage. [...]

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post

go on da Gooch....
                                                              Obviously we love the banter. Climbing up the hill a few years ago for a game. 3 of us surrounded by blue and the chant was Sheep Shaggers Sheep Shaggers. Lol.

Very impressive second half. A lot to work on still but nice to see the lads pop over a few nice points too.

Comment

Obviously we love the banter. Climbing up the hill a few years ago for a game. 3 of us surrounded by blue and the chant was Sheep Shaggers Sheep Shaggers. Lol.

Very impressive second half. A lot to work on still but nice to see the lads pop over a few nice points too.
                                                                I think playing a team as poor as Kildare is a detriment to Kerry for the next round .

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                  the dobbys's must be having a ball
                                                                  I am. The mother isn't. She's sitting here disgusted but will go and cheer on Kerry in the semi final now. Lol parents.

Comment

Alvin Stardust
                                                                    Cilla
                                                                    Just need one more chipmunk lookalike to join them.
                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                      I think playing a team as poor as Kildare is a detriment to Kerry for the next round .
                                                                      Meh. Dublin haven't had a game yet either and will win handy again today. The only plus for Dublin is they have Mayo or Donegal in the semis while we have Monaghan or Tyrone so Kerry will have to just work away on their own.

Eamonn Fitz and JOD were both on radio during the week saying they aren't near their peak yet and are aiming for a few weeks time. We should be nearly there for the semi and come out all guns blazing for the final. Hopefully.

Comment

Amhrán na bhFiann is class.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                          Is that Jaqen H'ghar as your avatar?

No likely Mcshane?
                                                                          Yep Jaqen

McShane. Can't wait to see who he's been cast as.

Comment

Won't be retaining the league if we have to rely on Willian & Ivanovic down the right. Ramires and Falcao are crap.

Comment

I am. The mother isn't. She's sitting here disgusted but will go and cheer on Kerry in the semi final now. Lol parents.
                                                                              Where is the mother from?

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                Yep Jaqen

McShane. Can't wait to see who he's been cast as.
                                                                                Referred to someone in the pub as Lovejoy* and no one got the reference

*was a proper double imo

Comment

Where is the mother from?
                                                                                  Lol.

Comment

Pre-season treble in the bag

Comment

Tiger 3 birdies in a row thru 5. Coverage not on till 6

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                        Pre-season treble in the bag

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                          You not joining the fpl league m8?
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                            You not joining the fpl league m8?
                                                                                            Doubt it, I'm pretty shit at it.

Chelsea
                                                                                            City
                                                                                            Arsenal
                                                                                            United
                                                                                            Liverpool
                                                                                            Spurs
                                                                                            Southampton
                                                                                            Everton
                                                                                            Swansea
                                                                                            Stoke
                                                                                            Newcastle
                                                                                            West Ham
                                                                                            West Brom
                                                                                            Palace
                                                                                            Sunderland
                                                                                            Leicester
                                                                                            Watford
                                                                                            Norwich
                                                                                            Villa
                                                                                            Bournemouth

Comment

Chelsea
                                                                                              City
                                                                                              Arsenal
                                                                                              United
                                                                                              Liverpool
                                                                                              Spurs
                                                                                              Southampton
                                                                                              Everton
                                                                                              Swansea
                                                                                              Stoke
                                                                                              Newcastle
                                                                                              West Ham
                                                                                              West Brom
                                                                                              Palace
                                                                                              Sunderland
                                                                                              Leicester
                                                                                              Watford
                                                                                              Norwich
                                                                                              Villa
                                                                                              Bournemouth
                                                                                              You taking any match-up bets?

Comment

Chelsea
                                                                                                City
                                                                                                Arsenal
                                                                                                United
                                                                                                Liverpool
                                                                                                Spurs
                                                                                                Southampton
                                                                                                Everton
                                                                                                Swansea
                                                                                                Stoke
                                                                                                Newcastle
                                                                                                West Ham
                                                                                                West Brom
                                                                                                Palace
                                                                                                Sunderland
                                                                                                Leicester
                                                                                                Watford
                                                                                                Norwich
                                                                                                Villa
                                                                                                Bournemouth
                                                                                                Me too, all good bants for a season long sweat sure .

I'll take Villa > leicester or watford if that suits? If you want more bets I'll look through more, I just really like the relegation battle bets .
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Chelsea
                                                                                                  City
                                                                                                  Arsenal
                                                                                                  United
                                                                                                  Liverpool
                                                                                                  Spurs
                                                                                                  Southampton
                                                                                                  Everton
                                                                                                  Swansea
                                                                                                  Stoke
                                                                                                  Newcastle
                                                                                                  West Ham
                                                                                                  West Brom
                                                                                                  Palace
                                                                                                  Sunderland
                                                                                                  Leicester
                                                                                                  Watford
                                                                                                  Norwich
                                                                                                  Villa
                                                                                                  Bournemouth
                                                                                                  Will Hill offering 50 million to anyone who guesses the table. Odds probably somewhere in the several hundred millions to one.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                    Will Hill offering 50 million to anyone who guesses the table. Odds probably somewhere in the several hundred millions to one.
                                                                                                    classsssssssss, must find this and donate a few 10 cents
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                      You taking any match-up bets?
                                                                                                      Head to Head bets in the league? Yeah. doug and myself usually do up a table then lol at each others opinions then bet 50, then JamFly gets involved and bohsman robs my action.

Who you thinking? Top 4 and the bottom 5 could be in any order this season imo, middle of the table should be fun.

Comment

Important reminder!

SPOILER
                                                                                                        Dublin Supremacy
                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

hahahah fuck off.

Comment

Ref and umpires just taking the absolute piss there

Comment

Hope this donkey ref gets the assaulting he deserves.

Comment

don't watch a lot of gaa football because it's shite, but you can just shove a goalkeeper over the line? lolwut

Comment

Honestly haven't looked at the transfers this summer but provisional table based on setting up a temporary fantasy team
                                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                                  City
                                                                                                                  United
                                                                                                                  Liverpool
                                                                                                                  Arsenal
                                                                                                                  Chelsea
                                                                                                                  Spurs
                                                                                                                  Southampton
                                                                                                                  Stoke
                                                                                                                  Everton
                                                                                                                  West Ham
                                                                                                                  Swansea
                                                                                                                  West Brom
                                                                                                                  Palace
                                                                                                                  Villa
                                                                                                                  Sunderland
                                                                                                                  Newcastle
                                                                                                                  Bournemouth
                                                                                                                  Norwich
                                                                                                                  Watford
                                                                                                                  Leicester
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                    Ref and umpires just taking the absolute piss there
                                                                                                                    Why didnt the umpires raise flag if it was a goal?
                                                                                                                    How did Fermanagh get so many frees seems if your losing badly soft decisions get given.

Comment

you can two handed shove keepers into the goal now.

shove you greeen flag up your hole you self important shitehawk.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                        Me too, all good bants for a season long sweat sure .

I'll take Villa > leicester or watford if that suits? If you want more bets I'll look through more, I just really like the relegation battle bets .
                                                                                                                        Do you still want a double or quits bet? I'll take Leicester over Villa for that one or I can ship and we can pick a couple of matchups. Have all week to do it

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X