"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        You pays yer money and you takes yer chances

You have a day or two to pay for it after you get an invite
        http://youtu.be/dWfrMMNeK2k

I was more wondering along the lines of what I do with the invite if I was to get one?
        I really want the phone but it seems like a massive drama to acquire it. I'm assuming I just go to the website and type in a code somewhere and job oxo'd?
        Sorry for the stupid questions but I need this explained to me like I'm a five year old!

edit; youtube video didn't embed so technology seems to be my foe lately, maybe explain it like I'm four.
        Last edited by Cuchulainn1; 30-07-15, 07:27.

Comment

I didn't realise that that sort of big game hunting still went on except in special circumstances where culling was necessary or else illegal hunting, I thought that the only shooting allowed any more was with cameras.

That kind of safari is very expensive at 500 - 1K per person but if there are people who are willing to pay 50K to shoot a lion then they are going to be looked after.
          It's a big thing for some people to have a gun room with a display case full of very expensive weaponry plus the heads od animals killed with said weaponry. Been in a few of these in SA, was never really sure what the correct etiquette was.

For some reason they always assumed all Irish men were expert shooters.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            watched 15 mins of lycra clad dudes and didn't see you. if thats a practical joke then its excellent. guy in the lookout car around 3.30 is epic of-its-timeness.
            Hadnt watched it. Only a couple of glimpses tbf. Only shows the last 3 stages and i pulled out on the road to Mullingar as i had cracked my shin the week before outside Letterkenny when i hit a car and was in agony for 5 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post

Don't forget to replenish and reward yourself after. Get some carbs/proteins into you post ride. High5 do post ride recovery drinks but they say chocolate milk can be just as good.
              High5 recovery can be expensive. Better value to be had from bulkpowders.ie as long as you a) buy in bulk and b) get them during a (very regular) 20% discount phase.
              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                The new Moto X looks class. Has two-day battery life and a 'turbo-charge' system that gives you 10 hours of battery life for 15-min charging.
                Maybe that's a better option than the one plus one, would certainly be a novelty compared to the four hours I get out of my nexus. Phones seem to have reached the same level as computers where just about everything is good enough to do the job.

Comment

Hitch

Attached Files
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                    Got a blister today using a grape . something satisfying about that
                    What could you possibly be doing with a grape that gave you a blister
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Maybe that's a better option than the one plus one, would certainly be a novelty compared to the four hours I get out of my nexus. Phones seem to have reached the same level as computers where just about everything is good enough to do the job.
                      This has a 3780MH battery...

Ridiculous value overall too. Another review here

Makes me laugh that people pay 5x for a lower spec'd well-known-brand phone tbh!

Comment

http://www.sextoysireland.com/juicy-...lity-campaign/

Each to their own
                        airport, lol

Comment

Probably a long shot.... For all you golfers out there I have one slot available for the Golf Digest event in Dun Laoghaire tomorrow at 3.50pm. Link to the event is below.... €65 is the cost, hure array of prizes.

Comment

hmmm google fit says my average distance travelled per day is only 10km, really need to up that. Sundays entry is great
                            Distance travelled 0km

the way it works out resting calories seems bizarre.

Comment

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Comment

Mate just sold his gaf in Marino for 40k over asking price and approx 5% less than he paid for it in the highest month of the bubble...Dafuq.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                  Mate just sold his gaf in Marino for 40k over asking price and approx 5% less than he paid for it in the highest month of the bubble...Dafuq.
                                  It's hilarious really. A flood of cheap money because the system is so fragile, massive taxes on savings and high rents plus uncertainty. Irish response is to buy a house and take out a mortgage...fun times ahead.
                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Really? It's like a shovel except with prongs, or a 3/4 pronged pitchfork if you prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      Really? It's like a shovel except with prongs, or a 3/4 pronged pitchfork if you prefer.
                                      The yoke you'd use to make a haystack? Never heard it called that before!

Hmmm Honda's explanation is more plausible IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                        This has a 3780MH battery...

Ridiculous value overall too. Another review here

Makes me laugh that people pay 5x for a lower spec'd well-known-brand phone tbh!
                                        on amazon.co.uk for €210 worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          Anyone else thought they were talking about the fruit?
                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                            on amazon.co.uk for €210 worth it?
                                            Meh, go the whole hog and get it from China even cheaper!

Comment

Galway 5/1 to reach the final on 365.

Assume its a mistake as they still have Dublin and Cork in the betting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                Galway 5/1 to reach the final on 365.

Assume its a mistake as they still have Dublin and Cork in the betting.
                                                Yoink!

*Gotta be a mistake though? And that they'll settle bets at revised odds.
                                                Last edited by ionapaul; 30-07-15, 11:52.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                  It's hilarious really. A flood of cheap money because the system is so fragile, massive taxes on savings and high rents plus uncertainty. Irish response is to buy a house and take out a mortgage...fun times ahead.
                                                  But now that we have normal LTV ratios, people must be coming up with hefty deposits.

I suspect the Bank of Mum and Dad is the lender of choice for many of these.

Comment

You may not be into it, and I'm not, but if you are I would say big game hunting is f*cking awesome fun.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                      You may not be into it, and I'm not, but if you are I would say big game hunting is f*cking awesome fun.
                                                      As long as there's some skill and risk involved. I was watching an episode of tv where Anthony Bourdain hunts deer in Scotland; the paid help tracks the animal, sets up the bipod, lines up the rifle, butchers the dead animal and brings it home, all Tony did was literally pull the trigger. It's no fun if you can't get maimed imo.

Comment

As long as there's some skill and risk involved. I was watching an episode of tv where Anthony Bourdain hunts deer in Scotland; the paid help tracks the animal, sets up the bipod, lines up the rifle, butchers the dead animal and brings it home, all Tony did was literally pull the trigger. It's no fun if you can't get maimed imo.
                                                        This, a lot of what these rich guys are doing wrt hunting is the same as paying a load of sherpas to carry you up everest.

Comment

Went on a few driven Pheasant shoots and Goose shooting in Scotland but have no desire to shoot anything bigger and definitely not something I couldn't eat. There's a waiting list for the Pheasant shoot and at €500 per gun, pegs are like gold dust.

I'm literally bent over laughing here at Palmers locals claiming imprisonment and a hefty fine is not enough. WTF do you want from him? A pound of flesh? There's some mad bint calling for his extradition to face prosecution. String up the cunce who he paid 50K to obv.
                                                          I know a site where you can arrange to shoot pretty much anything if the price is right. As long as there's demand some unscrupulous individuals will be there to profit. There's also a cheeky sideline in taxidermy and shipping to be earned.

Years ago I used to take French & Italian tourists on shooting trips in the Midlands. Each member of the party was issued with a picturecard of what was permitted to shoot. On one particularly quiet afternoon some dickhead shot a starling out of frustration. We packed up immediately and I explained to the rest of the party that everyone was returning to the hotel because of their trigger-happy friend. That was the only such incident I've witnessed in 23 years shooting.

I certainly hope the 50K was worth it for professional ruin. Palmer didn't even get a decent story to tell his grandkids. Who'd brag about killing a pretty amiable creature?

Comment

How much to shoot a dentist in the face?
                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                              How much to shoot a dentist in the face?
                                                              Just have to buy your own gun in America.

You'd be better off shooting a black lad though. Just pretend he was going to rob you and you get off with a slap on the wrist.

Comment

On the lion story. obviously not a fan but it merica - his practice will either boom as hunters of the region all exclusively move their business to him or he will make a heart felt apology and it will be forgotten.

I think we underestimate the number of Americans who will think what he did is a mans right and hunting for sport is fine.

Yes people will hate him on social media but I dont think it will actually ruin his practise, wreck his head yes make him destitute I doubt it.

Comment

Ah he'll just change his name and he'll be fine.

Just like Kony. Remember that guy?

Comment

The contrast between the social media reaction to him and to (take your pick of a half dozen recent examples) cops who kill people needlessly is staggering.
                                                                    MAybe if the next lad they decide to shoot for looking crooked of them is wearing a lion suit

Louis Theroux's piece on it is very well measured.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                      Just have to buy your own gun in America.

You'd be better off shooting a black lad though. Just pretend he was going to rob you and you get off with a slap on the wrist.
                                                                      Any sign of dave?
                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                        Australia 136 all out. Unbelievable.

Wouldn't like to have a ticket for Saturday.
                                                                        Friday ticket holders may not have much joy either, few early wickets and it could be over today.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                          Any sign of dave?
                                                                          Don't shoot Dave m8

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                            Yes people will hate him on social media but I dont think it will actually ruin his practise, wreck his head yes make him destitute I doubt it.
                                                                            Only came to the realisation there recently that people who are most vocal on social media are only so because they're irrelevant in the real world. Good strategic move by the elite world ruling cabal to give the illusion of meaningful outrage and social activism to people imo.

Comment

Only came to the realisation there recently that people who are most vocal on social media are only so because they're irrelevant in the real world. Good strategic move by the elite world ruling cabal to give the illusion of meaningful outrage and social activism to people imo.
                                                                              yup much quieter and easier to ignore than an angry mob. You simply don't set up twitter #problem solved #go fuck yourselves plebs

EDIT:
                                                                              Should say I in no ways consider myself part of the ruling elite
                                                                              Last edited by RichieM; 30-07-15, 13:50.

Comment

The contrast between the social media reaction to him and to (take your pick of a half dozen recent examples) cops who kill people needlessly is staggering.
                                                                                MAybe if the next lad they decide to shoot for looking crooked of them is wearing a lion suit

I think your viewpoint is a bit skewed. Most of my American friends are in Cincinnatti. They are definitely not talking about the lion.
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

We have a natural tendency to compare things, and one could say to those outraged by a cop killing of one person that huge numbers of people are being killed unjustly all over the world but just because this happens in America etc. etc.

One can always compare something to something else, and via that process deflate or inflate our perception of some aspect of it. If you compare one unethical act to something else much more unethical it gives one the sense that the original act wasn't so bad. Usually something done by someone wanting to justify an act or someone wanting to be oppositional and take pleasure in viewing others as being unsophisticated or narrow thinkers.

Let people be outraged by the killing the lion imo. We don't need to keep our powder dry until a holocaust arrives, because by that time we will be too out of practice for compassion to kick in.

Comment

We have a natural tendency to compare things, and one could say to those outraged by a cop killing of one person that huge numbers of people are being killed unjustly all over the world but just because this happens in America etc. etc.

One can always compare something to something else, and via that process deflate or inflate our perception of some aspect of it. If you compare one unethical act to something else much more unethical it gives one the sense that the original act wasn't so bad. Usually something done by someone wanting to justify an act or someone wanting to be oppositional and take pleasure in viewing others as being unsophisticated or narrow thinkers.

Let people be outraged by the killing the lion imo. We don't need to keep our powder dry until a holocaust arrives, because by that time we will be too out of practice for compassion to kick in.
                                                                                    Does the outrage not stem from the fact that american gun violence is common place and when we hear about it we just think thats the US in a nutshell where as when this hit it was a new type of outrage and thus people go crazy.

People are pretty desensitised to lots of things; starvation in africa, gun crime in the us, terrible treatment of women in the middle east etc etc. Same story over again. Surely the only way to make people as out raged about US police heavy highhandedly shooting kids is to stop them doing it it all the time and for it to become a rare occurrence.

Familiarity does not breed contempt it breeds familiarity.

Comment

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                        Friday ticket holders may not have much joy either, few early wickets and it could be over today.
                                                                                        On form today AJ. Australia blazing away.

Comment

Marco Rubio did kinda the same comparison, except he was complaining about the lack of outrage re the abortionists and what they get up to compared to 'all this outrage over a dead lion'.
                                                                                          Seems like a pleasingly nutty GOP candidate, another one that the Clintons will be hoping wins.

Comment

On form today AJ. Australia blazing away.
                                                                                            Wicket incoming Shirley

Comment

Barring a complete washout the draw seems to be a thing of the past in test cricket.
                                                                                              Last edited by The Situation; 30-07-15, 14:37.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                Wicket incoming Shirley
                                                                                                Still got it.

Comment

It is precisely this reaction that ensures nothing gets done in the long run;
                                                                                                  people are more concerned about how the speak and comparing like for like than the actual importance of separate points.
                                                                                                  They are not binary issues, we are allowed speak out about more than one thing.

What about this lion?
                                                                                                  what about those elephants?
                                                                                                  what about the dolphins?
                                                                                                  What about the whales?
                                                                                                  What about overfishing?
                                                                                                  What about world hunger?
                                                                                                  What about police brutality?
                                                                                                  What about gun control?
                                                                                                  What about government corruption?
                                                                                                  What about climate control?
                                                                                                  ad nauseum...

Cecil the lion is the cause de jour, it doesnt make anything else less important.
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                    Speaking of cycling, I see some of my glory days are up on Youtube these days. Spot the skinny Dice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaynKlz3b0Q
                                                                                                    Enlighten us all with some stories of your cycling days, how you got into it etc?

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                    lots of cyclists/runners use gel packs for energy, I just thought it was a bit of overkill to mention at first heh
                                                                                                    Think it's overkill at the moment for what I'm doing.

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                    Im currently using High5 Energy Source+ and it seems fine. Not as syrupy as the regular energy source which is way too sticky. Its about 220 calories in a serving (I think) with however much caffeine they put in.
                                                                                                    I've to bring my bike to Wheelworx for a service tonight and see they stock it might pick myself up some & give it shot, appreciate all the info.

Just back from a cycle awhile didn't manage to have any bananas today but had a couple squares of some dark chocolate sporadically throughout my cycle, felt pretty decent after a similar distance again today. When first starting out I was chugging water pretty much from the getgo but over the last while I've gotten better (fitter/healthier?) and don't be in as much need of the bottle as before.

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                                                                    Some of the lads I train with dont eat beforehand as well but will take a coffee to get the metabolism going.

I personally can't go out without something in my belly. I find porridge is great and with a couple of boiled eggs provides great slow releasing energy. You definatly want to avoid fatty foods and big meals 3 hrs+ prior to a ride. Veggy Juices are a great pre ride drink, beetroots a great one for endurance spins.

On the bike, you want to eat and drink a little often. If you feel hungry/thirsty on the bike its too late. You should be going through 1 of those bottles every hour and try to eat something every 1/2 hour. Bananas are great, i like the trek oatmeal bars you can get in health food stores, fig rolls are great source of energy and fit handy into the back pockets but can be a little dry.

If you cant get a 2nd bottle cage on the frame you can mount one rear facing on the saddle http://www.wiggle.com/tacx-bottle-cage-saddle-mount/

One of my bottles is just water and the other i pop in a high 5 zero cal electrolyte tablet.

I think you should try to avoid the energy gels, id never use them in training,only for race days when your putting serious efforts in and can't get enough sugars in. If your just gradually increasing your efforts and distances there's no need for the gels. But if you do decide to hit the hills and put in a big day they are handy for emergencies. Also you can plan your rides to stop off at a garage/coffeshop 1/2 way round to refill bottles + refuel.

Don't forget to replenish and reward yourself after. Get some carbs/proteins into you post ride. High5 do post ride recovery drinks but they say chocolate milk can be just as good.

Gcn make great cycling tips videos have a browse through, heres one on nutrition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsHeo0X9xCQ

cptips.com is old school in layout but has some top notch info on it http://www.cptips.com/sixrides.htm#btr

Must head out with you one of the days i bring the bike up to dublin, get them strava miles up!
                                                                                                    I'm not a coffee drinker which is a hinderance, still trying to stick to the health buzz paleo diet that V4V got me on last year and one of the things off the list is porridge but I've been considering adding it back to my morning breakfast for the last while as I find it filling & a great source of energy (V4V will probably disagree) so that coupled with oatmeal bars could be excellent.

Gonna try and MacGyver a second bottle cage onto the frame seen a YouTube video on it, as for the links you posted the nutrition one was cool and I've subscribed to their channel.

Was only thinking about popping down to Sligo yesterday know Iarnod Eireann have bike racks on the train so be handy enough, gotta try get down before heading off to EPT Barcelona of if you wanna come up whatever works, just take it easy on me & don't leave me for dust.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                    hmmm google fit says my average distance travelled per day is only 10km, really need to up that. Sundays entry is great
                                                                                                    Distance travelled 0km

the way it works out resting calories seems bizarre.
                                                                                                    Have been wondering about their inactive calorie count, any idea how it figures it out?

University of Cincinnati Officer Indicted in Shooting Death of Samuel Dubose
                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                      Wicket incoming Shirley
                                                                                                      England are going to engineer a loss here.

Edit - fucking hell

Comment

I recommend guerilla cricket for online radio. Hilarious stuff. Great jingles for all events.

The jingle for a wicket is 'Fuck off! Just fuck off!!!"

Finn.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

I've to bring my bike to Wheelworx for a service tonight and see they stock it might pick myself up some & give it shot, appreciate all the info.

Just back from a cycle awhile didn't manage to have any bananas today but had a couple squares of some dark chocolate sporadically throughout my cycle, felt pretty decent after a similar distance again today. When first starting out I was chugging water pretty much from the getgo but over the last while I've gotten better (fitter/healthier?) and don't be in as much need of the bottle as before.
                                                                                                          Yup. Fitness improvements make a big difference But the rules say "it never gets easier... you just go faster"
                                                                                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Seen a stat recently saying that in the last 5 years one day cricket innings averages have gone dramatically up and test innings averages have gone even more dramatically down from the previous ten years. Seems they've embraced aggro mode in 1 dayers but stuck in this aggro/patient middle ground in tests which leads to huge indecision, very evident in this Ashes so far.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Only 2 Aussie batsmen to score > 20 out of 16 so far....

Comment

The inactive calories is calories burned when doping no form of movement at all, i have no idea how it's calculated but on sunday where I sat around the house it said I burned 1500, problem with that is if I just sit there breathing all day I burn 1700 based on common formulae. Would just use it as a rough guideline as to whether I am burning more or less.

Comment

TD stick with the bananas and chocolate, energy gels for what most people are at on a bike are a rip off and waste of time ( like an awful lot of supplements). Most of them will rip your stomach up too

Comment

@tylerdurden, re: paleo and porridge. Fuck the zealots. Porridge is good
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 30-07-15, 15:35.

Comment

Losing a review on umpires call is silly.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                        Seen a stat recently saying that in the last 5 years one day cricket innings averages have gone dramatically up and test innings averages have gone even more dramatically down from the previous ten years. Seems they've embraced aggro mode in 1 dayers but stuck in this aggro/patient middle ground in tests which leads to huge indecision, very evident in this Ashes so far.
                                                                                                                        I doubt test averages have gone down much. Certainly not when you look at the top batsmen.

Comment

Cricket. Ultimate spectator sport.

Steve Finn seems like a sound lad too.
                                                                                                                          It was obviously his pints with us in Malahide that brought him to this peak of form.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X