This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
    Galway looked good but it's impossible to gauge that performance because of how utterly shite Cork were. I just can't see them beating Tipp.
    Agree to a certain extent. Definitely the most morale boosting performance from Galway since 2012, stating the obvious I suppose since first semi final in that time.

Obviously concerns around number of missed opportunities but think 8 of them were from Canning which I would be surprised to see happen again.

Tipp will be justifiably favourites but a worse Galway team than this were six points up on them with 20 to go last year. Would expect a tight encounter.

Comment

A year ago today that I ditched tobacco and took up vaping. After almost twenty years of struggling to quit, vaping was the answer.

Weird thing is, although I'm still addicted to nicotine, I don't equate vaping with smoking cigarettes at all, they're two totally different things to me now. I've left for work on a couple of occasions and forgotten my e-cig and when it happens it sucks but on reflection, not once have I considered bumming a cigarette.

It would be like eating a banana because you forgot to grab a coffee.

Genuinely can't fathom how anybody smokes these days when there's a choice to vape.

/hitch
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        A year ago today that I ditched tobacco and took up vaping. After almost twenty years of struggling to quit, vaping was the answer.

Weird thing is, although I'm still addicted to nicotine, I don't equate vaping with smoking cigarettes at all, they're two totally different things to me now. I've left for work on a couple of occasions and forgotten my e-cig and when it happens it sucks but on reflection, not once have I considered bumming a cigarette.

It would be like eating a banana because you forgot to grab a coffee.

Genuinely can't fathom how anybody smokes these days when there's a choice to vape.

/hitch
        I cant fathom why anyone smokes dirty smelly filthy expensive life shortening habit.

Comment

Obv its highly addictive.
          My mother saw her two best friends die from lung cancer both in there early 60s and her and my father both have knocked the fags on the head waited till there 70s but better late than never.

Comment

One thing that I always thought would bother me about vaping if I smoked was that the cigarette is kind of the quantum of smoking. Light-smoke-extinguish. You don't have that with the e-cigarettes and you're kind of always 'smoking' in a way. I think that would bother me. The ritualism of a cigarette would have been one of the attractions for me when I used to smoke.

Comment

That Waterford team have loads of talent, the one thing they seemed to lack against Tipp was some experience which can only come from games like the Munster final. Today will have been good for them going in behind at half time and turning it on when needed. Kilkenny will obviously be clear favourites but Waterford will believe they can beat them.
              Well one positive is that all of the young lads have beaten KK in croke park at minor, so the same fear of the stripey jersey may not be there. That said its still KK and Cody. Hopefully we can give it a good rattle at least

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                One thing that I always thought would bother me about vaping if I smoked was that the cigarette is kind of the quantum of smoking. Light-smoke-extinguish. You don't have that with the e-cigarettes and you're kind of always 'smoking' in a way. I think that would bother me. The ritualism of a cigarette would have been one of the attractions for me when I used to smoke.
                The rituals are all still there, after a meal, with a morning coffee etc..

You're right though about the 'always smoking', but I'm not sure if the net amount of nicotine intake rises, it feels like it has done tbh, but I don't think it has. You definitely drag out of it more frequently than you would have smoked, but it's generally a drag or two then put it in the pocket every 8 or 10 mins or so.

Comment

... I'm a little confused by BritishAmerican Tobacco's funding of it. What's going on there?
                  If you'd ever listened to me for the last few years instead of insta replying with knee jerk anecdotal opinions you might understand.

I'll give you another clue to one part of it:
                  A year ago today that I ditched tobacco and took up vaping. A... I'm still addicted to nicotine,
                  ...not once have I considered bumming a cigarette
                  You are a small minority.

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                  I cant fathom why anyone smokes dirty smelly filthy expensive life shortening habit.
                  Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                  Obv its highly addictive.
                  My mother saw her two best friends die from lung cancer both in there early 60s and her and my father both have knocked the fags on the head waited till there 70s but better late than never.
                  My Brother in law is in hospital fading quickly and probably going to die tonight or in the next few days from the effects of smoking.
                  Major bummer . He's an extraordinary guy and was one of the biggest influences, for better and worse on the young me.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Cigarettes do look cool though. Vaping looks ridiculous.

Important consideration.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Yeah. The few drunken mistakes of going back to cigs and then thinking 'what are these filthy things'. I genuinely think we'll outright ban traditional cigarettes in the next 20/30/40 years as a result of the invention of the vaporiser.
                        Its possible but it can only be done by forcing plain packaging, making it over 25's and prescription only from pharmacies.
                        The key is destroying big tobacco's one incontrovertible argument that it is a legal product.

Comment

If the people at BAT have decided that theres a much easier few bob to be made on high margin e-cig products and paraphanalia which don't actually kill their customer base or cause horrible diseases then shouldn't we celebrate this? Obviously they will be about a decade behind the early market entrants and may or may not be able to catch up, on the other hand they have a big distribution network worldwide which they can use. But fundamentally wouldn't it be a good thing if they turned their focus to a safe product (some continue to doubt the safeness which is their right)

We can continue to sue their asses off and seek reparations for the sins that have gone before obviously.

Comment

I always get through the first two to three weeks when attempting to stop then relapse out of complacency. Useless cunt. Gonna try again in a few weeks. Any advice outside of vaping? Cloud guy has scared me I'm not gonna lie.

Comment

Fixed the Immersion... 180 quid cheaper than a night in Carton house

Comment

Galway looked good but it's impossible to gauge that performance because of how utterly shite Cork were. I just can't see them beating Tipp.
                                This.

That FF line though.

Comment

When are they going to make fast food safe? Why can't I vape a XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger Meal?

That's what I want to know m8s.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    If you'd ever listened to me for the last few years instead of insta replying with knee jerk anecdotal opinions you might understand.

I'll give you another clue to one part of it:

You are a small minority.

Your arguments were always hysterical Joe Duffyesque fear mongerage. In fact, one would be forgiven for assuming you walked directly out of a Big Tobacco or Big Pharma board meeting to argue against vaping.

That's why I'm so confused about BAT's involvement in a study which pretty much puts to bed your argument, maybe they do see the market potential here, surely that's a good thing?

Market forces forcing cigarette companies to shut down tobacco production in favour of a safer alternative? Who would've predicted that 30 years ago?

Sorry to hear about your bro in law Tony. I suppose it's the reason we're all so passionate about this argument, too many people affected negatively by it.

Comment

Vaping / drinking away here

[IMG][/IMG]
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                        Vaping / drinking away here

[IMG][/IMG]
                                        Cool looking drink unfortunately offset by whatever that yoke is.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          That's my mod...... Nevermind
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

I'm fucking bored ok

Comment

That's a straw dude.

Comment

I have a filthy 5 or 6 cigar a year habit myself. Probably the coolest of all smoking habits.

Comment

Although, I have to agree, don't like those type of vapes. Seems like a bit of a silly shape.

Comment

Although, I have to agree, don't like those type of vapes. Seems like a bit of a silly shape.
                                                    Right job, my favourite Ecig by far. Battery lasts ages. Fits nicely in the hand too. Good strong pull out of it too. Don't knock it till ya try it!
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Recommendations please for a hotel in Belfast. Me + 3 kids and ideally close to\in the Titanic Area.

Michelin stars etc not a consideration.

Comment

Recommendations please for a hotel in Belfast. Me + 3 kids and ideally close to\in the Titanic Area.

Have stayed in Stormont Hastings a few time. Its a bit out of town (name gives it away).
                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I have a filthy 5 or 6 cigar a year habit myself. Probably the coolest of all smoking habits.

I tried my hardest but could never get it. I just don't get cigars*. They do look really cool though. Maybe that's it.

*proper ones. I get the appeal of Hamlets etc, I'd guess 90% of their market is made up of people who lie to themselves that they've quit smoking. They can't actually like the taste of that shit.

Comment

Dunno Belfast at all but we stayed in the Radisson Blu which was reasonable & maybe a 20 min walk to Titanic area

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                              Have stayed in Stormont Hastings a few time. Its a bit out of town (name gives it away).
                                                              thanks but bit too much of a trek in and out

Comment

I tried my hardest but could never get it. I just don't get cigars*. They do look really cool though. Maybe that's it.

*proper ones. I get the appeal of Hamlets etc, I'd guess 90% of their market is made up of people who lie to themselves that they've quit smoking. They can't actually like the taste of that shit.
                                                                the most important thing (for a non-smoking cigar smoker anyway) is to remember NOT to inhale the fucking things - will lead to lethal hangovers

Comment

Colm said stay in europa.
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                    Colm said stay in europa.
                                                                    'the most bombed hotel in the world'

should appeal to the kids alright

Comment

@RDIII

http://www.hastingshotels.com/cullod...spa/index.html

+ 10 minutes away
                                                                      + Spa etc

- Cost

Comment

I'd rather take my chances on a trip on the real Titanic than stay a night in Belfast tbh.

Comment

Holiday Inn. Pretty basic but with a swimming pool and 5 minutes taxi to the titanic. They also have a deal with the next door covered car park, to hide your Irish plates away.

Comment

I'd rather take my chances on a trip on the real Titanic than stay a night in Belfast tbh.
                                                                            ah it's fine these days imo, had plenty of good sporting weekends up there down the years (mainly playing fine protestant sports with good unionist types though )

conversation with lady by pool on first day of holidays, both of looking at our very white children jumping in and out:

me (trying to be conversational): 'ah shure you can always tell the Irish abroad'

her (double take): 'oh you're Irish, where are you from?'

me: 'Dublin'

her: 'oh you're Southern Irish. We're Northern Irish. From county Londonderry'

me (laughing inwardly to self at the multiple tribal statements in that): ' oh very nice, whereabouts?'

her: 'Limavady'

me: 'ah yeah, I know it - played cricket up there a few times. Nice place.'

this fairly screwed with every preconception she ever had about the Free State. Could really see she was dying to ask how on earth filthy swine from 'Southern Ireland' could possibly play such a proddy game. She avoided me for the next two weeks.

Comment

sounds like a setup
                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

'the most bombed hotel in the world'

should appeal to the kids alright
                                                                                Nostalgia and views is his answer. He's drunk here obv too lol
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

used to change all the addresses on the database in a place I worked from Londonderry to Derry.

Comment

Lol, I remember about 5 years ago you posting about how the nightporters threatened to throw you out of a hotel in Belfast for playing your guitar.
                                                                                    Heroes one and all.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      Lol, I remember about 5 years ago you posting about how the nightporters threatened to throw you out of a hotel in Belfast for playing your guitar.
                                                                                      Heroes one and all.
                                                                                      Hahahaha, I can't believe you remember that.

That Radisson blu is the exact hotel.

I actually had a post written up replying to Dice detailing my guitarwanker wars with those cunce and I backed out of it knowing you or Dom would be straight in with the guitar masturbation jibes

Comment

They were absolute cunce though, guitar stuff aside.

Comment

Up the ra
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Stayed at the Fitzwilliam in Belfast a couple of times and it was good. Not sure what it would be like for kids.

Comment

od probably change them from derry to londonderry these days. better bants.

any teas tonight?

fao dobby: she made burger and chips, had feta on mine, it was very tasty

Comment

Surprised I hadn't seen 'The World's End' before. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1213663/ Only caught it now, as it's on Netflix. Nothing great, but a bit of fun, and completing the 'Cornetto Trilogy' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_...rnetto_trilogy
                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Well deserved win for Day it looks like
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Same group have the Europa in the city center but there is basically zero (free) parking in the city center.
                                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                      Well deserved win for Day it looks like
                                                                                                      Pity I wasn't watching back to back to back birdies to win by one is the way to do it
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                        Pity I wasn't watching back to back to back birdies to win by one is the way to do it
                                                                                                        There is other ways too m8

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post

fao dobby: she made burger and chips, had feta on mine, it was very tasty
                                                                                                          A fine choice. Nice to see a young lady with sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                            Yeah. The few drunken mistakes of going back to cigs and then thinking 'what are these filthy things'. I genuinely think we'll outright ban traditional cigarettes in the next 20/30/40 years as a result of the invention of the vaporiser.
                                                                                                            Does seem inconsistent that I'm anti-smoking while at the same time pro legalising all drugs/having 24hour drinking
                                                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 26-07-15, 22:30.

Comment

Perfect time for a horrible pun

Why is the letter 'T' like an island? Because it's in the middle of waTer.

Also this is very odd

To download the charity single, go to http://bit.ly/ootbcharityshakiraCheck out Out of the Blue's selection of albums here: http://ootboxford.bandcamp.comAll...

I have had a weird weekend
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Had to turn that off after 24 seconds.

for some reason it reminded me of this which a taxi driver had on recently

No Copyright Intended.D'Banj Oliver Twist Lyrics I have a confessionDon't take it personalI have a confession so you got to listenI have a confessionDon't ta...

Comment

Theres a Premier Inn in the Titanic quarter, its fine for kids.

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/B...arter?cmp=GLBC

W5 is right beside it and Titanic exhibition. Belfast has come on leaps and bounds in the last 15 yrs, when i was in Uni there it was exactly as bad as people imagine it to be. A few weeks ago was out for a top class meal (http://oxbelfast.com/)followed by a pub crawl, some of the Tall Ships' crews out for pints, was like going from Bosnia to Barcelona
                                                                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

28 year old Argentinian goalkeeper Sergio Romero just signed by United.

Bye bye de gea I suppose now.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                      28 year old Argentinian goalkeeper Sergio Romero just signed by United.

Bye bye de gea I suppose now.
                                                                                                                      Valdes replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                        Valdes replacement.
                                                                                                                        I'd be very surprised if we keep DDG tbh. Although I'd rather keep him this season and let him go free next season. I think they're only offering about £15 mil for him so that's not a lot to lose by today's standards.

Comment

as a fan wtf http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjNKyoRudOQ

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X