Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greece, and going back to the Varoufakis vs Doherty argument. I think the following might settle the argument. Doherty might be inept, but Varoufakis is downright dangerous... RD3, I concede the point.
    ----
    Yanis gives his verdict on the EuroSummit's Agreement
    (through annotations)

There are serious concerns regarding the sustainability of Greek debt [N.b. Really? Gosh!] This is due to the easing of policies during the last twelve months, which resulted in the recent deterioration in the domestic macroeconomic and financial environment [i.e. It is not the Extend and Pretend ‘bailout’ loans of 2010 and 2012 that, in conjunction with GDP-sapping austerity, caused the debt to scale immense heights – it was the prospect, and reality, of a government that criticized the the Extend and Pretend ‘bailout’ loans that… caused Debt’s Unustainability!]
    Kind of shows the gulf in outlooks between the left & right tbh...
    the safeguarding of the full legal independence of ELSTAT [i.e. the troika demands complete control of the way Greece’s budget balance is computed, with a view to controlling fully the magnitude of austerity it imposes on the government.]
    I actually can't understand that point. He's accusing the Troika of plotting to massage the figures that the Greek government for years massaged and so were asked/ordered to stop manipulating them and observe international standards of independence. Surely this suggestion prevents this??

Comment

Live feed of the Greek Parliament with English Translation
      http://www.ThePressProject.gr will cover the crucial parliamentary debate and vote of the agreement between the Greek government and the creditors concerning...

Live Feeds of the (now violent) protest outside
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Great under 21 hurling match on tg4 at the mo

Comment

Greece is good bants.
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Yo, WW interest thread is up for whoever interested that don't venture much outside BBV.
              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                This is not from The Onion but a fairly mainstream source

WTF is wrong with you America that you would even joke about shit like this.

Republican primary voters are nuts. They are about as unrepresentative a sample of America you could find. They differ significantly from the majority of Americans on their views on religion, the military, reproductive rights, gay marriage, healthcare, the role of government, voter laws, entitlement reform, tort reform, campaign finance reform and so on.

The reason Romney got picked was that he was the only one who straddled the insane far right with the plain crazy medium right to get the nomination. He then proceeded to get crushed by a president seeking to run for re-election while genuinely electorally vulnerable. Romney was a gift to the Dems. Trump would be all their Christmasses come at once! Hillary could go and buy the West Wing on DVD and just keep watching it on loop with the press corp until Election Day and she would still beat Trump. He's a one man gaffe machine. A crazy racist billionaire. That's PRECISELY who the Dems want to run against.

However... He will lose to Bush or Walker. Although Walker almost definitely cannot win a national.
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Some shows which have caught my eye, but I've never watched; any opinions on any of these?

- Hannibal
                  - Penny Dreadful
                  - Veep
                  - The Blacklist
                  - Bates Hotel
                  - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
                  - Peaky Blinders

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                    Some shows which have caught my eye, but I've never watched; any opinions on any of these?

- Hannibal
                    - Penny Dreadful
                    - Veep
                    - The Blacklist
                    - Bates Hotel
                    - Peaky Blinders
                    The blacklist is worth a watch. Nothing special.
                    Penny Dreadful is just that. Dreadful.

Comment

- Hannibal
                      - Penny Dreadful
                      - Veep
                      - The Blacklist
                      - Bates Hotel
                      - Peaky Blinders
                      Peaky blinders is your first watch without doubt
                      airport, lol

Comment

James Spader carries the Blacklist and even then it's still not worth watching.

Comment

lol cork

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                            He really is excellent though.

Comment

Went to see a showing in The Lighthouse earlier of The Dark Crystal, still a vaguely disturbing film.

Also started a new Scandinavian drama Jordskott which gave me nightmares the night I watched the first episode.

Comment

Hearing good things about Daredevil so will make that my next watch. Haven't got into anything since GOT ended - did do two eps of True Det but not a fan.
                                Last edited by FeetMagic; 15-07-15, 21:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                  Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                  He really is excellent though.
                                  He's the reason I was drawn to it, probably won't bother now.

Comment

He's the reason I was drawn to it, probably won't bother now.
                                    Add halt and catch fire to your list. Onto season 2 and so far very enjoyable.

Comment

I'm going to be a pain in the arse now and ask everyone who has 10 seconds to spare to click through this link and tick Cramptown Spaces (6th from the top of the list) then scroll down and click vote.

Its an effort to get the hardest working kids in Rock and Roll a gig at the Picnic and its only fair because they are the best band on that list...
                                      Please.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

5th from the top m8

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                          Hearing good things about Daredevil so will make that my next watch. Haven't got into anything since GOT ended - did do two eps of True Det but not a fan.
                                          Its pretty good. And I'd usually avoid that comic book kinda thing
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Oooh... Fear the Walking Dead is out on Aug 23rd and The Walking dead is back on Oct 11th.
                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                              Hmmm... Tougher than I expected

Ipb handle,
                                              Rugby,
                                              Fitness beginner.
                                              Sorry chd, can you change rugby to TWD? Forgot how much I love that show.

Comment

Back to normality after a week in vegas. What a experience that was.
                                                UFC 189 lived up to all the hype and delivered an epic event

Comment

- Hannibal
                                                  - Penny Dreadful
                                                  - Veep
                                                  - The Blacklist
                                                  - Bates Hotel
                                                  - Peaky Blinders
                                                  not watched any of these bar bates motel, kept me interested anyway few lame episodes that dont offer much but not giving away any spoliers it ends on season 3 and may not be a season 4 though obvious continuation going on....so i wouldnt bother start watching until its confirmed...... ment to watch physcho again after it, never bothered. Not missing out on much id pass. I have not even watched thrones yet so my opinion is probably irrelevant on tv shows.

Prefer watch a film as dont like follow series i get bored with but they are all shit nowadays too. we live in a technological age but the forms of entertainment have not advanced people say oh tv shows are alot better now I call bullshit yes they have a greater team of writers behind them and budgets but its a shallow gimmick they are not telling a story just milking anything popular for the last drop. Make it up as you go along and the social media hype will carry it on. Any decent show should be over in 7/8 episodes max cut the fillers.

Comment

This is a great kooky comedy and 1-2 show investment will be enough to know if it's for you or not.

Just watched the first episode of Mr. Robot and it is v. good also.

b.

Comment

- Hannibal
                                                      - Penny Dreadful
                                                      - Veep
                                                      - The Blacklist
                                                      - Bates Hotel
                                                      - Peaky Blinders
                                                      I watched a few episodes of penny dreadful, the blacklist and bates motel they were crap

Veep and Kimmy are decent easy comedy so ideal for having breakfast, cooking or being hungover

Hannibal and the peaky blinders are both good if not a little over styled or over worked which some find a problem.

I may have a binge watching problem it seems.

Comment

Comment

Decent showing by Dundalk last night awat to BATE

Comment

Very handsome card being put together by Lingmerth (who?) at St Andrews.
                                                            7 Birdies and 3 pars so far...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                Kimmy has some great moments, but you need to get past the first show or two which are a bit rank
                                                                Watched first show and it was so shite (considering Tina Fey's involvement) that I never attempted another, same as How I met your mother, bleh. Perhaps I'll try another one or too

Comment

What do we think of St Andrews? Always seems to me if it wasn't already on the Open rota since year dot that it wouldn't have much of a case for being placed on it now. Probably the venue I least enjoy.
                                                                  Blasphemy, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    What do we think of St Andrews? Always seems to me if it wasn't already on the Open rota since year dot that it wouldn't have much of a case for being placed on it now. Probably the venue I least enjoy.
                                                                    Blasphemy, I know.
                                                                    Dont mind it every 5 years. Great if the wind gets up.

Edit - ouch Tiger

Comment

Blasphemy, I know.
                                                                      I find it to be a very odd place as well. Far too wide and open for my liking, but I guess that's what you get with links courses. Also I'm just wondering, is there any aesthetically pleasing Open course?

Comment

Darren Clarke is a babe.

Comment

I guess some people have come across tnteachertim on twitter before. He's having a bit of a breakdown or something on there. Or maybe he just can't dig himself out of the hole he got himself into.

It's not a breakdown if that's your normal state of operation.
                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                            not watched any of these bar bates motel, kept me interested anyway few lame episodes that dont offer much but not giving away any spoliers it ends on season 3 and may not be a season 4 though obvious continuation going on....so i wouldnt bother start watching until its confirmed...... ment to watch physcho again after it, never bothered. Not missing out on much id pass. I have not even watched thrones yet so my opinion is probably irrelevant on tv shows.

Prefer watch a film as dont like follow series i get bored with but they are all shit nowadays too. we live in a technological age but the forms of entertainment have not advanced people say oh tv shows are alot better now I call bullshit yes they have a greater team of writers behind them and budgets but its a shallow gimmick they are not telling a story just milking anything popular for the last drop. Make it up as you go along and the social media hype will carry it on. Any decent show should be over in 7/8 episodes max cut the fillers.
                                                                            There are a lot of mediocre and downright bad TV shows these days, and these are just jumping on the TV bandwagon of the last decade or so. But the small percentage of shows that are worth watching are far superior to the typical programs that existed up to, say, the late '90s. Plus, the really good shows are usually very story-oriented and certainly couldn't be told in 7 or 8 episodes. Something like GOT for example could easily support 20 episodes per season.
                                                                            Last edited by DMMurray; 16-07-15, 09:26. Reason: sp.

Comment

I guess some people have come across tnteachertim on twitter before. He's having a bit of a breakdown or something on there. Or maybe he just can't dig himself out of the hole he got himself into.

Who is he? Sceal m8

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

80 tweets a day every day since 2009. Teaches English and Religion in some school in Blackrock. Seems to be permanently angry and drunk.
                                                                                    I'm permanently angry and drunk. He's mentally ill. Teaches religion m8, obviously delusional.

Comment

What would be the story with Paul Dunne in The Open given that he is amateur - does that mean he is paying his way in, or how would the whole thing work for him? Would he get any payout for e.g. making the second, third days?
                                                                                      He will get nada. In fact if he makes the cut everyone else gets a bit more because he isn't eligible for his share.
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

What would be the story with Paul Dunne in The Open given that he is amateur - does that mean he is paying his way in, or how would the whole thing work for him? Would he get any payout for e.g. making the second, third days?
                                                                                        Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                        He will get nada. In fact if he makes the cut everyone else gets a bit more because he isn't eligible for his share.
                                                                                        Interestingly you used to be able to change your mind about your amateur status halfway through the tournament if you were on target for a decent money finish - you'd miss out on the 'top amateur' trophy and whatever recognition it brings, but have a big bucket of money as consolation.

A fun conundrum, possibly not a big issue for a 20yearold with a long term future as a pro, but more of a conundrum for the 30something with a family.

Comment

...

Comment

ah right - so he's essentially just doing it to be noticed and then maybe get sponsorship?
                                                                                            Pretty much. Lowry won the Irish open as an amateur and turned pro straight after.
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Woods is so fucking shit.

Comment

What's the etiquette of the BBV curse? If I mention any golfer that I want to do well, or is going well, does that automatically mean he's fucked?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                  Woods is so fucking shit.
                                                                                                  He needs to get back on the pussy wagon. Ever since he quit cheating on his wife with an endless train of backdoor beauties, he's been rubbish at golf.
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Interestingly you used to be able to change your mind about your amateur status halfway through the tournament if you were on target for a decent money finish - you'd miss out on the 'top amateur' trophy and whatever recognition it brings, but have a big bucket of money as consolation.

A fun conundrum, possibly not a big issue for a 20yearold with a long term future as a pro, but more of a conundrum for the 30something with a family.
                                                                                                    Played a golf outing before for a friend who had passed away. Unreal prizes every year. One year I arrive late to the course, straight on to 1st tee. M8 says did you see the car for hole in one at par three. I hadn't. We get to the par three and I put my tee shot to within a couple of inches. M8 says jesus how unlucky was that, you nearly won the car. Course I started going on about my amateur status and would I still have it if I had won the car, etc. I went on about it for the whole round. Got into clubhouse and M8 says do you see the car you would have won.

2 foot remote controlled car. LOL. Caught by the goolies

Comment

What's the etiquette of the BBV curse? If I mention any golfer that I want to do well, or is going well, does that automatically mean he's fucked?
                                                                                                      you've bbv'd it now

Comment

It only really kicks in when someone else stands to win money
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Its only really when it goes towards the end of a tournament. Saying I hope Lowry for instance does well is fine. Saying that Lowry is on form, playing great golf or the sourse is suiting him is fine.

With 4 holes left to go saying something like "Open title staying in Ireland, Lowry with another awesome putt and is about to crush the last 4" That will inact the curse.

Comment

Mr Robot eppy 4

SPOILER
                                                                                                            Move me to a god dam window Show continues to deliver, that was freaking awesome!

Opr

Comment

FFS Richie, Lowry's still on the course. Certain to bogey bogey finish now.

Comment

Really starting to get sick of the crowing about Greece from FG heads and assorted I'm alright jack shit the beds in the media. The wind doesn't have to change too much to land us in a similar position in a few years and you can guarantee all the bootlicking and brownosing to our eurolords over the past while will count for sweet fuck all at the negotiating table

Comment

Hope lowry does well, read a few interviews with him recently and he seems like a sound head. Doesn't use a sports psychologist either

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                    He needs to get back on the pussy wagon. Ever since he quit cheating on his wife with an endless train of backdoor beauties, he's been rubbish at golf.
                                                                                                                    He was up to his old shenanigans a few weeks back wasn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                      Really starting to get sick of the crowing about Greece from FG heads and assorted I'm alright jack shit the beds in the media. The wind doesn't have to change too much to land us in a similar position in a few years and you can guarantee all the bootlicking and brownosing to our eurolords over the past while will count for sweet fuck all at the negotiating table
                                                                                                                      Don't really agree with this at all but I approve of the phrase 'I'm alright jack shit the beds'.

Comment

You prick Richie. Triple bogey on 17th!

Comment

Ffs richie
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X