This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    tbh I reckon the Greeks are only stringing things out so their depositors can get (hard) currency out ahead of swapping it back into (soft) New Drachmas

wp if so
    TBF you have bee saying the same thing for close on 5 years now... the idea that anyone needs more time to get their cash out is beyond ridiculous.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        TBF you have bee saying the same thing for close on 5 years now... the idea that anyone needs more time to get their cash out is beyond ridiculous.
        Over a billion whipped out on Friday alone....

I'd imagine the armed robbery sector is due some good timed in Athens.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Does anyone here suffer with Panic / Anxiety attacks?
          I got them back in the 90s and a while ago they reappeared in my life. absolutely scary horrifying shit. I got another one today driving the car, starting to piss me off now. Maybe someone here would have advice. I am presuming medication cant help .
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
            I got them back in the 90s and a while ago they reappeared in my life. absolutely scary horrifying shit. I got another one today driving the car, starting to piss me off now. Maybe someone here would have advice. I am presuming medication cant help .
            Had a few last in 1999 all had a common occurrence to much abuse of ones body usually from drink. The magical solution I had was to drink less not do stuff that brought them on. Palpitations and the feeling I was going to die the first time I had one was redic scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
              Had a few last in 1999 all had a common occurrence to much abuse of ones body usually from drink. The magical solution I had was to drink less not do stuff that brought them on. Palpitations and the feeling I was going to die the first time I had one was redic scary.
              Its weird the way they have just come on again. I have cut back on my drinking big time , dont really do drugs. Is there anyway to stop it happening while its happening I wonder. It is deffo the scariest feeling ever .
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

Its weird the way they have just come on again. I have cut back on my drinking big time , dont really do drugs. Is there anyway to stop it happening while its happening I wonder. It is deffo the scariest feeling ever .
                Do you drink much coffee?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                  Do you drink much coffee?
                  very very rare. mainly Tea
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

very very rare. mainly Tea
                    Painkillers?

Comment

Painkillers?
                      never not even for a hangover
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Could never be as eloquent in describing cynicism towards charity's. Last week I have been asked to support a trip to climb Kilimanjaro for cancer wouldn't mind a trip to Tanzania myself. Another friend messaged me for 15 euro so his son can volunteer in Mexico for the summer. All the scandals with charity's and how little trickles down to who really needs it is sickening.

Comment

Could never be as eloquent in describing cynicism towards charity's. Last week I have been asked to support a trip to climb Kilimanjaro for cancer wouldn't mind a trip to Tanzania myself. Another friend messaged me for 15 euro so his son can volunteer in Mexico for the summer. All the scandals with charity's and how little trickles down to who really needs it is sickening.
                          Pal of mine did something similar except it was climbing to base camp Mount Everest. I said I would donate €500 to the cause if he agreed to give me all the money he had raised so far and let me go in his place. Never asked me again.
                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I have cut back on my drinking big time
                            never not even for a hangover
                            You could have come up with a better example!

The key to overcoming panic attacks is to respond in accepting and calming ways. Here is a specific, simple, and powerful set of tips for panic.

Comment

In fairness if they are actually going to go build huts, water pumps or whatever fair play, no issue there but mountain climbing or really long cycles are taking the piss a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                In fairness if they are actually going to go build huts, water pumps or whatever fair play, no issue there but mountain climbing or really long cycles are taking the piss a bit.
                                Mexico is not a third world country obv has poor parts as well. his dad is Mexican and my ex rugby captain do can't say no. A junkin called me a fat prick the other day when I said no to his reply for a yuuuurow for a hostil. I told him I'd pay for 3 nights in advance if we went now.

Comment

Send the money, let the local builders & tradespeople get paid for working.

Unless you're going out there to offer services that you are a master at, fuck off pretending you're really helping imo.

Remember reading about voluntourists noticing that each night while they were asleep, the local tradesmen would knock down & rebuild the bit that they'd done. They didn't want to let them know that they were actually in the way.

Comment

Yea, not saying that case in particular but I remember a few on here going to Africa to build huts and stuff, seems a lot more worthwhile than piling money in to pay CEO wages or to go climb a mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Unless you're going out there to offer services that you are a master at, fuck off pretending you're really helping imo.

Remember reading about voluntourists noticing that each night while they were asleep, the local tradesmen would knock down & rebuild the bit that they'd done. They didn't want to let them know that they were actually in the way.
                                      Still though those photos of african kids with an oversized County jersey never get old m8 #jimmyswinningmatches

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                        Still though those photos of african kids with an oversized County jersey never get old m8 #jimmyswinningmatches
                                        In defence of some, the Niall Mellon Foundation Building Blitz has (had?) a history of using mostly construction workers to build schools etc.

An ex's father did it a couple of times. He also brought over the 'old' GAA kit of the team my dad coached (U13s), some of the photos were good craic.

Comment

I thought there was medication, can you feel your attacks coming on? Perhaps there is something that can help.

Yea, not saying that case in particular but I remember a few on here going to Africa to build huts and stuff, seems a lot more worthwhile than piling money in to pay CEO wages or to go climb a mountain.
                                          While what you say is true, one is much better than the other, it just doesn't mean it is optimal or right. There is huge waste involved. Why not give the money directly to an effective charity that has been peer reviewed? The only argument I can see is that you are getting people who would not have given money to charity anyway to give money to somebody to go and do it, friends and family etc but I'm not sure how realistic that is as people giving are probably already predisposed to give to charity anyway. You can dress it up as awareness I suppose

Comment

I was asked to play in a "Charity" team event in Tralee (Stunning course) this year. The idea was that you raised €480 for your four man team to play the competition. So I am asking people to sponsor me to play one of Ireland's top courses? No thanks..... I know a lot of people will just pay but there is genuinely teams looking for sponsorship!

Comment

I'm going to start a new 10 part post series called ''This is why Dogs are better than Cats'' or ''Gifs of Dogs I robbed'' for short.

Comment

This is why Dogs are better than Cats

Episode 1

SPOILER

Comment

Got a Cot off some lad on twitter for one of the upcoming arrivals that he was giving away as he's moving to England.

He dropped it over & turns out he plays for Leinster but is off to Wasps. Sound lad.

Comment

Why cats are the best, no other animal could handle this situation.

SPOILER

Comment

Five figures eh? That's a lot not to mention the first class travel to highlight the problems of climate change

Attached Files
                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 22-06-15, 15:20.
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                        Got a Cot off some lad on twitter for one of the upcoming arrivals that he was giving away as he's moving to England.

He dropped it over & turns out he plays for Leinster but is off to Wasps. Sound lad.
                                                        Goppareth?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

SPOILER
                                                          A stupid Cat being stupid. In Episode 2 of Dogs are better than Cats we meet a Dog whose hobbies include Hang Gliding.

SPOILER

Comment

Thatt cat is class flying, he's jsut like, well this is my life now.

Cats ftw, counter dog posts begin!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

SPOILER
                                                              Moment of regret

Comment

Pints in cork tonight, ZZ Top and crow black chicken knocking around. Send me a message on Facebook if anyone around. Switchy?
                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                  Thatt cat is class flying, he's jsut like, well this is my life now.

Cats ftw, counter dog posts begin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBW5dfRoG7Q
                                                                  Dogs protect their owners all the time. The Police hire Dogs for Police work.

Dogs are better than Cats

Episode 3

SPOILER

Comment

Five figures eh? That's a lot not to mention the first class travel to highlight the problems of climate change

How many airmiles have you put up in the last five years?

Also climate change aint no prom.

@chad
                                                                    Lastly, comparing cats and dogs as to which is best is retarded. You may as well be comparing steaks and stinger bars.
                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Presumably the melting glacier is largely explained by the amount of tourists (and consequent local infrastructure, food production, deforestation) who travel to see the glacier in the first place, rather than just climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                        Pints in cork tonight, ZZ Top and crow black chicken knocking around. Send me a message on Facebook if anyone around. Switchy?
                                                                        Sorry sir. You are on the way to cork and I am back in the motherland. Will be here for foreseeable. Hit me up for a scoop when you come back to earth
                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Has anyone ever travelled on a passport in it's final six months?

Have a wedding back in Ireland I'd like to go to in September and my passport will be into it's final six months by a week at the time of flying. Seems like it takes 12/13 weeks to get it renewed from Canada which is too long.

Comment

Some weekend! Feeling like a bucket of Lego today though

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                              Prescribe yourself something heavy

Comment

Goppareth?
                                                                                Yep, that's him.

Comment

Self Denial?

Comment

Mad Max visiting cousins.

Opr

Comment

I strongly disagree with the 'sponsor me to take a holiday' charities. I knew some medical students who travelled to Africa to work in hospitals one summer - this at least I can somewhat agree with as medical expertise is a specialized skill. The build houses, climb mountains etc craic is basically just a do-gooder holiday.

I rarely contribute to 'big charities' either. I've read some conflicting information about how much of the money does in fact trickle down to those who need it most, but as a general rule of thumb, if a charity is paying money to 'advertise' on television, I won't contribute as I can't believe spending so much of one's proceeds on advertising gives the highest ROI.

One charity I have worked for and contributed to in the past is a charity run by a person living locally (I would've been good friends with her son). Her family was from Sudan originally and all money raised was literally flown by her from Ireland to Sudan and went into the funding of primary education on the ground in Sudan. Obviously not a perfect system either, but I was totally confident that for every euro that was contributed, close to 100% would be finding it's way to Sudan.

As for sports clubs etc, they're a different animal. The obvious argument is why would you give money so a club can buy new jerseys when there's people dying of hunger in this world. I generally wouldn't have a problem contributing to sports clubs, but the fact I'd be heavily involved on the other side of that equation probably influences me for sure.
                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                        Could be something you ate or else a virus.

€ 60 please. Next.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                          Mad Max.
                                                                                          Saw this in the cinema on Saturday.

SPOILER
                                                                                          What a load of shite.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                            Could be something you ate or else a virus.

€ 60 please. Next.
                                                                                            You forgot to refer him onto someone who knows how to diagnose and cure things, standard GP mistake.

Comment

So our new corporate overlords are interviewing us personally and have pre issued the questions one of which is this old chestnut. :rolleyes:

It's time for an intervention imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post

Comment

"Awareness" charities are literally worse than Hitler!
                                                                                                  (Eddie that is)

Comment

You forgot to refer him onto someone who knows how to diagnose and cure things get more money out of him and then refer him to someone else so they can get more money, standard GP mistake.
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

I don't watch wrestling, but just incase there's any out there that do (DeadlyParrot, 5star, Rigs?), Challenge are showing TNA Slammiversary live this Sunday at 1am.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                        I should get people to sponsor me not to work. It's in keeping with the theme in here anyhow.

Comment

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                            I should get people to sponsor me not to work. It's in keeping with the theme in here anyhow.
                                                                                                            I'll put you on the payroll when I win the Euros.

@Flushdraw, despite having been to two WWE events in Dublin, I don't watch wrestling, except passively with the nephews!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                              Has anyone ever travelled on a passport in it's final six months?

Have a wedding back in Ireland I'd like to go to in September and my passport will be into it's final six months by a week at the time of flying. Seems like it takes 12/13 weeks to get it renewed from Canada which is too long.
                                                                                                              You'll be fine coming back into Ireland I'd imagine as I've come back in through passport control recently with a passport only 6 weeks from expiry, but getting back into Canada might be different. From a quick google it seems that as long as it is valid when coming back into the country you'll be fine, but that it might take longer if less than 6 months remaining. I'd do bit of extra research on that if I were you.

Comment

Episode 4

For licensing please contact licensing@fullscreen.comDog sliding down water slide

Comment

Speaking of dogs, this one makes me smile.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                    You'll be fine coming back into Ireland I'd imagine as I've come back in through passport control recently with a passport only 6 weeks from expiry, but getting back into Canada might be different. From a quick google it seems that as long as it is valid when coming back into the country you'll be fine, but that it might take longer if less than 6 months remaining. I'd do bit of extra research on that if I were you.
                                                                                                                    Thanks. Where were you flying from when you re entered?

I've found nothing that says you need more than six months to travel through Canada/US/Ireland (Turkey and some other countries specifically say six months, I take that as a positive) only a valid one but I assume it's the airline that might have a problem and both airlines just say valid passport on their websites so I think I should be good. I've emailed both airlines to make sure so I'll see what they say.

I highly doubt I'd get refused at either country if I get to immigration, Irish citizen and permanent resident in Canada.

Comment

They must be tasty too http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-33220235

Eating dog meat is a tradition of the people in Yulin. On the summer solstice, locals get together to eat dog meat and drink alcohol paired with lychees

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Have you ever done anything like this yourself or are you just comfortable sitting on the fence slagging off people that have actually got off there asses and at least tried ?

I'm happy to be a 'Pretender' if it helps even one orphaned child! The ignorance on here is incredible at times.

Comment

You bastard.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X